Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
7004 Lebanon Road
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crudotaverna.com/
- Phone: (214) 705-1010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Corporate lunches only
- Special Events: Join our monthly wine dinners. Please ask for details.
A word from Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
Traditional Italian from the south with a strong Mediterranean influence. An exceptional wine list and a full bar that features artisan cocktails.Modern New York industrial decor with a unique romantic ambiance. Friendly upscale service. Join us for Happy hour Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM TO 7:00 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (34)special occasion (24)hot spot (22)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place but noisyrzerVIPDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant is really good. So many evening specials that it is hard to remember them all and all our entrees were excellent. The problem with this restaurant is the noise level. It is VERY noisy! Is hard to hear someone across the table from you much less anyone else if you are there with a group. Would suggest going super early as maybe you could have a conversation then.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestFoodieDined on 11/21/2014Appetizer was good and entrees were undercooked and served luke warm.Special Features:
- werfoodiesVIPDined on 11/21/2014We've been here several times before. Very friendly servers & knowledgeable about wines. Food is always great. This time our server forgot to put in our entree order. After waiting 1/2 hr, we asked someone to check. Upon learning his error, he was very apologetic & did comp our wine. It was also very smoky from the pizza oven. However, food is very good, so we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crudo - Starwood of FriscoJRthekidVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great food, great attitude, great restaurant. Folks have come and gone in that spot, but if there was such a thing as "casual, fine dining"...that is the best description for Crudo. Cozy restaurant with fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden treasure in Frisco - who knew?RBJDFWDined on 11/15/2014Crudo Wood Fired Taverna was recommended to us by a friend. My initial thought was, why would I drive all the way up north to Frisco to eat at a strip mall. Well, to our surprise, behind the nondescript exterior and poorly marked entrance was a true find. We sat in the main dining room, which also contains the bar and view to the kitchen. The food was very good, as well as the service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellyDined on 11/14/2014Very loud, tables to close together. Place is too small. Floor is dangerously slippery. This was our 3rd time here. Service has never been very friendly. But given the small, crowded n loud place they have to work in ... I understand. Had some mistakes on order due to noise level. Food was outstanding! My compliments to chef! Salmon was incredible! Beets appetizer was really good! Everyone at our table was thrilled with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....Ambiance...not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014This place has great food, but they have put so many tables in this tiny spot that it makes it uncomfortable. We had reservations make 5 days in advance and we got the absolute worst table right basically in the entrance. People were constantly bumping into us as we tried to eat. Service was great, but I would rather pay more and be comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good.DinahDined on 11/14/2014This was our third visit to Crudo and the first two times were much better. This time we were seated right in front of the kitchen, which at first seems like a great seat, until you realize that all the smoke from the kitchen engulfs you. The food was good, not great this time around. We had a spinach salad and a special crab mango tower that were just alright. Nothing to rave about. For entree, the scallops seemed a tad undercooked, but the salmon was nice and so was the stuffed shrimp. It was very crowded and while waiting for a table it is awkward. You don't know where to stand where you feel out of the way. The foyer addition still feels like it is outside, but maybe that would have been a better seat than the one in the kitchen. I would not have left with the smell of smoke in my clothes. For dessert we had the chocolate lava cake. While tasty and we enjoyed it, there was no lava inside because it was cooked too long. We ate it anyway because we like chocolate. I did tell the waiter to ensure that the chef knew for the next customers. I did not expect that the dessert be taken off the bill but out of courtesy for speaking up to help them out, they probably should have removed it from the bill since it was not a lava cake at all. I guess next time, I'll need to send it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, food, and servicePinkDined on 11/14/2014We dined early since it was a weekend night, and by 6:30, the place was full. Lots of bar patrons too. Noisy, but vibrant. The menu had something for everyone, and with the added specials, it was difficult to decide. Everything was delicious, and our waiter was attentive and helpful, but not intrusive. We would plan to be back more often, if the bill had not been so large. Each item didn't seem expensive, but with two glasses of wine, a shared appetizer, and two entrees, it added up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner and stellar servicLucyshark22Dined on 11/8/2014Top notch, attentive, and kind service. Our waiter, James was super. We were there for a special occasion and they treated us very well. Awesome food and drink selection. We loved our dinner. John Carlo treated us to free champagne and dessert for our 20th anniversary. Loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindUrDallasNeighborDined on 11/7/2014We went on a Friday night with 8 people and found everything to be perfect !Special Features:
- Wonderful!melotxoxoVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have been to Crudo several times for lunch but this was my first time for dinner. It was wonderful! Food, service and ambience were all excellent. The flat iron filet was so good!! This is truly a neighborhood gem. I will be back for both lunch and dinner in the future.Special Features:
- Fun dinner spotAgr1Dined on 10/28/2014Lunch is good but dinner is even better bc the atmosphere turns more cozy with less light. Tomato soup was really good. Greek salad not what I expected. Different dressing. I didn't prefer. The Italian Cobb looked delicious & so did crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crudo - a great place!acattybDined on 10/24/2014Crudo never disappoints with great food and attentive service. Food is always a treat. The bread pudding was devine. Our waiter was especially good! The only thing I wish it was just a little quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014I was looking for a new place with great atmosphere, food and service. This was my first visit, and it was perfect in every way. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastyTastytreats1Dined on 10/17/2014Always a great place to eat! Johnny the manager is unbelievable..his attention to detail is amazing!! James was our server and was perfect! Always enjoy this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMrsBDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I go to Crudo when we are wanting excellent cuisine. We were not disappointed! I had the crab stuffed salmon - the salmon was cooked perfectly and the crab was delicious and flavorful. My husband had the chicken and it was seasoned perfectly and cooked tender and juicy. We love the atmosphere - you feel like you are in Italy with the decor and low lights. MmSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I have been to this restaurant about 6-8 times. The service and food are fantastic. It is a little too crowded and loud on the weekends. I much prefer to go for lunch or on a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite!hpb1Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great time at Crudo! The menu choices were many but not overwhelming; excellent variety. The food was incredible!! The service was attentive but not interruptive; the staff enjoyed making wine recommendations. The wine list was nice however I would say slightly overpriced. Overall we highly recommend you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb steak and servicedebtexasVIPDined on 10/16/2014visiting relatives we went to Crudo for dinner. my family kept telling me the steaks here are amazing. and they were right, cooked perfectly! I actually had the special trio which included steak, lamb and grilled shrimp with prosciutto. divine! Ask for Sean, he is a great server and make our experience wonderful! there was also a guitar player who softly serenaded the crowd. My only regret was tat I had no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Unexpected poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014We've gone to Crudo multiple times and always love the food and service. This time we left after sitting at the bar and being ignored. Ordered a drink and appetizers. Had to ask for a second drink and no one bothered to come and take our dinner order. Not sure what's up but we were really disappointed.Special Features:
- Wide menu selectionHusbandoffoodieDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service. Excellent variety of menu. Food was good. Pricey. Loud, very hard to carry on conversation. Very busy, sat in middle of room in traffic way, felt in the way.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2014Another great experience at Crudo. Oustanding food and service. This time I brought a business group for the evening. I like to ask for James as a server. He is attentive and has a terrific personality. My guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Nice menu...KimADined on 10/4/2014... But listen for the specials!!! They are worth it!!Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014It had been several months since we dined at Crudo. The food used to be excellent but all four of our entrees disappointed. The filet was good but the sides that came with it were cold. The spicy pasta was overally spiced to the point of being unable to eat. 2 children entered the room and were trying to sell candy bars to the patrons. This should have been noticed by the staff. Once we complained to the waiter they were asked to leave.
- Bad service, kitchen slowCybersaviorDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Crudo several times and this experience was the worst. We were seated promptly. Drink orders taken and served promptly. After we ordered, it took 45 minutes to get our food. The waiter came at around 35 minutes and said it would just be a few more minutes. I ordered my steak medium. It came medium rare to rare. The waiter didn't check back to see if everything was ok until 10 minutes later. By then, it was too late to ask for it to be cooked a bit more. We have always recommended Crudo until this visit.
- Great FindMurrayDined on 9/30/2014Tuesday Night is Jazz Music night and the gentleman providing the music and songs is terrific. The food is excellent and there is a happy hour up until 7.00 pm. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service was excellent. A bit pricey but worth it. Not much of a beer selection but seemed to have a large selection of wines and mixed drinks. Definitely suggest making reservations if going on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps us coming backReal4427VIPDined on 9/26/2014CRUDO is a great place to go locally for fresh food and great service. The food is prepared well and there are many menu choices to meet the expectations of a variety of tastes. The wood fire chicken is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good atmosphereWarthogDined on 9/20/2014They do a great job of making incredibly tasty food, but the portions could be a bit bigger. The service is very good, ambiance is lively but classy, and I would recommend this to anyone for a really good night out.Special Features:
- Great food even better service.DonCalzoneDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at Crudo several times. We love the food, the wood fire oven and especially the service. Stop in and see Giancarlo... and make sure to try the muscles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butchDined on 9/13/2014Been here before and have never been disappointed. Has become our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Beats the best in Dallas area.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKate58Dined on 9/13/2014Like this place a lot. A bit pricey but excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gem.diningmavenDined on 9/13/2014We love this little neighborhood gem! You can always be sure the service is attentive, but not overly so, and the food consistent. Nightly specials from appetizers to entrees are always plentiful and delicious. We rarely choose something from the menu because the specials are always so enticing and never fail to please. The noise level is a little high throughout and the ambiance is lost in the enclosed outer dining area but these things are easily forgotten once the food arrives!Special Features:
- DeliciousPleasedDined on 9/13/2014I had the Scottish Salmon stuffed with crab. Absolutely, the best salmon I have ever tasted...moist, melt in you mouth. Our waiter was courteous and helpful. Will certainly go back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!SugarDined on 9/11/2014The calamari and tortellini were fabulous! My daughter's favorite is the gnocchi. We tried their two happy hour specialty drinks and they were both tasty. Also had a glass of the happy hour red Montepulciano and it was very good. The staff all seemed to be very knowledgable, Michael was especially friendly and helpful. I have been telling all my friends about it and will definitely go back again and again. If you plan to go on the weekend make a reservation!Special Features:
- ShirleySjayVIPDined on 9/6/2014I can't say enough good things about my recent dining experience at Crudo. Outstanding in every respect. Service far beyond expectations. And the food was absolutely spectacular. Wine choices were plentiful and my Moscato was just perfect. No reason to go anywhere else for Itatalian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCBinDallasDined on 9/4/2014The food was very good I loved the carpaccio with the crispy fried capers, great detail. Our server Quincy was terrific. Even though the wine we selected wasn't available he made a replacement suggestion that was just as good. My only complaint is the ambiance. Cement floors, stone and wood walls made the room noisy even with only half of the tables occupied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but didn't like our server. It was so hard to enjoy our dinner with our server constantly trying to upsale. Instead of waiting on us he was too busy bugging us about ordering this and that every 5minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to appsRedheadDined on 8/22/2014Carpaccio and watermelon salad were great. However, Pasta was drowned in watery sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.