Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
7004 Lebanon Road
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crudotaverna.com/
- Phone: 2147051010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Corporate lunches only
- Special Events: Join our monthly wine dinners. Please ask for details.
A word from Crudo Wood Fired Taverna
Traditional Italian from the south with a strong Mediterranean influence. An exceptional wine list and a full bar that features artisan cocktails.Modern New York industrial decor with a unique romantic ambiance. Friendly upscale service. Join us for Happy hour Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM TO 7:00 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
Crudo Wood Fired Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (29)special occasion (28)romantic (25)hot spot (21)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014I was looking for a new place with great atmosphere, food and service. This was my first visit, and it was perfect in every way. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastyTastytreats1Dined on 10/17/2014Always a great place to eat! Johnny the manager is unbelievable..his attention to detail is amazing!! James was our server and was perfect! Always enjoy this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMrsBDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I go to Crudo when we are wanting excellent cuisine. We were not disappointed! I had the crab stuffed salmon - the salmon was cooked perfectly and the crab was delicious and flavorful. My husband had the chicken and it was seasoned perfectly and cooked tender and juicy. We love the atmosphere - you feel like you are in Italy with the decor and low lights. MmSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I have been to this restaurant about 6-8 times. The service and food are fantastic. It is a little too crowded and loud on the weekends. I much prefer to go for lunch or on a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite!hpb1Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great time at Crudo! The menu choices were many but not overwhelming; excellent variety. The food was incredible!! The service was attentive but not interruptive; the staff enjoyed making wine recommendations. The wine list was nice however I would say slightly overpriced. Overall we highly recommend you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb steak and servicedebtexasVIPDined on 10/16/2014visiting relatives we went to Crudo for dinner. my family kept telling me the steaks here are amazing. and they were right, cooked perfectly! I actually had the special trio which included steak, lamb and grilled shrimp with prosciutto. divine! Ask for Sean, he is a great server and make our experience wonderful! there was also a guitar player who softly serenaded the crowd. My only regret was tat I had no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Unexpected poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We've gone to Crudo multiple times and always love the food and service. This time we left after sitting at the bar and being ignored. Ordered a drink and appetizers. Had to ask for a second drink and no one bothered to come and take our dinner order. Not sure what's up but we were really disappointed.Special Features:
- Wide menu selectionHusbandoffoodieDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service. Excellent variety of menu. Food was good. Pricey. Loud, very hard to carry on conversation. Very busy, sat in middle of room in traffic way, felt in the way.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2014Another great experience at Crudo. Oustanding food and service. This time I brought a business group for the evening. I like to ask for James as a server. He is attentive and has a terrific personality. My guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Nice menu...KimADined on 10/4/2014... But listen for the specials!!! They are worth it!!Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014It had been several months since we dined at Crudo. The food used to be excellent but all four of our entrees disappointed. The filet was good but the sides that came with it were cold. The spicy pasta was overally spiced to the point of being unable to eat. 2 children entered the room and were trying to sell candy bars to the patrons. This should have been noticed by the staff. Once we complained to the waiter they were asked to leave.
- Bad service, kitchen slowCybersaviorDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Crudo several times and this experience was the worst. We were seated promptly. Drink orders taken and served promptly. After we ordered, it took 45 minutes to get our food. The waiter came at around 35 minutes and said it would just be a few more minutes. I ordered my steak medium. It came medium rare to rare. The waiter didn't check back to see if everything was ok until 10 minutes later. By then, it was too late to ask for it to be cooked a bit more. We have always recommended Crudo until this visit.
- Great FindMurrayDined on 9/30/2014Tuesday Night is Jazz Music night and the gentleman providing the music and songs is terrific. The food is excellent and there is a happy hour up until 7.00 pm. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service was excellent. A bit pricey but worth it. Not much of a beer selection but seemed to have a large selection of wines and mixed drinks. Definitely suggest making reservations if going on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps us coming backReal4427VIPDined on 9/26/2014CRUDO is a great place to go locally for fresh food and great service. The food is prepared well and there are many menu choices to meet the expectations of a variety of tastes. The wood fire chicken is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good atmosphereWarthogDined on 9/20/2014They do a great job of making incredibly tasty food, but the portions could be a bit bigger. The service is very good, ambiance is lively but classy, and I would recommend this to anyone for a really good night out.Special Features:
- Great food even better service.DonCalzoneDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at Crudo several times. We love the food, the wood fire oven and especially the service. Stop in and see Giancarlo... and make sure to try the muscles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butchDined on 9/13/2014Been here before and have never been disappointed. Has become our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Beats the best in Dallas area.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKate58Dined on 9/13/2014Like this place a lot. A bit pricey but excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gem.diningmavenDined on 9/13/2014We love this little neighborhood gem! You can always be sure the service is attentive, but not overly so, and the food consistent. Nightly specials from appetizers to entrees are always plentiful and delicious. We rarely choose something from the menu because the specials are always so enticing and never fail to please. The noise level is a little high throughout and the ambiance is lost in the enclosed outer dining area but these things are easily forgotten once the food arrives!Special Features:
- DeliciousPleasedDined on 9/13/2014I had the Scottish Salmon stuffed with crab. Absolutely, the best salmon I have ever tasted...moist, melt in you mouth. Our waiter was courteous and helpful. Will certainly go back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!SugarDined on 9/11/2014The calamari and tortellini were fabulous! My daughter's favorite is the gnocchi. We tried their two happy hour specialty drinks and they were both tasty. Also had a glass of the happy hour red Montepulciano and it was very good. The staff all seemed to be very knowledgable, Michael was especially friendly and helpful. I have been telling all my friends about it and will definitely go back again and again. If you plan to go on the weekend make a reservation!Special Features:
- ShirleySjayVIPDined on 9/6/2014I can't say enough good things about my recent dining experience at Crudo. Outstanding in every respect. Service far beyond expectations. And the food was absolutely spectacular. Wine choices were plentiful and my Moscato was just perfect. No reason to go anywhere else for Itatalian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCBinDallasDined on 9/4/2014The food was very good I loved the carpaccio with the crispy fried capers, great detail. Our server Quincy was terrific. Even though the wine we selected wasn't available he made a replacement suggestion that was just as good. My only complaint is the ambiance. Cement floors, stone and wood walls made the room noisy even with only half of the tables occupied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but didn't like our server. It was so hard to enjoy our dinner with our server constantly trying to upsale. Instead of waiting on us he was too busy bugging us about ordering this and that every 5minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to appsRedheadDined on 8/22/2014Carpaccio and watermelon salad were great. However, Pasta was drowned in watery sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasRoverDined on 8/16/2014We had a large group ( 10) for a birthday dinner. The service was impeccable and our waiter, James, went out of his way to make the evening special. The food is excellent and the menu diverse with interesting and innovative choices. I will recommend Crudo's to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visits as good as the firstmsw1VIPDined on 8/15/2014We love this place. The food is terrific and shows creativity. Room is lively. The aromas from the kitchen make you want to sit down right now. Staff is very friendly and prompt. Wine is good with a range of choices in each category.Special Features:
- Food excellent service is great.Real4427VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great AGAIN. Mussels were great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Different and deliciousTaratiptoeDined on 8/9/2014If you're a Texan who is tired of the same old me-too tex-mex and steak houses, Crudo is the place for you. From smooth tomato-basil soup and gourmet salads to escargot, savory sandwiches and wood fired pizza with your choice of fresh toppings there's something on the menu for everyone. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food + serviceagentkyuDined on 8/8/2014Need I say more? If you haven't been, you really need to get in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crudo - a local gemCybersaviorDined on 8/8/2014We love this place. It's like having a bit of a Chamberlains, or Ruth's Chris and not having to drive to Addison. Superior service and the food is almost excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently great & unique foodTaterTotVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place is always great. It's small and always bustling during the busier hours. Everyone we have taken there seems to enjoy the food as much as we do. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny and the BoysLauraITGeekDined on 8/1/2014We have been going to Crudo's since their open, and they just keep getting better. The service is always spot on. They recently changed chefs, and you can tell the menu and food has been elevated to a higher level. I had the spinach salad, which was perfect for a hot summer night, and the Parmesan crusted chicken on a bed of polenta topped with an arugula salad was juicy and perfect. My partner had Kobe beef carpacio and the scallop special which came with lobster ravioli. She loved every bite. We finished off the night with the always delicious Limoncello cake. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHighStandardsVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have been to Crudo several times & have a great experience every visit. The service is always stellar. On this particular visit I was treating a friend to dinner for his birthday. The staff was more than accommodating when granting my request to have our bottle of wine chilled & already at our table when we arrived. Virtually all of the wait staff made a point to come by & tell him happy birthday. The acoustic guitarist came to sing him happy birthday & they remembered my call ahead dessert request & wrote happy 40th birthday on the plate in chocolate. The food was perfect as usual& my guest had a wonderful time. We had the prime rib crostini for the first time & it was impeccable! Thank you Crudo for a remarkable evening!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLE5876Dined on 7/26/2014This is becoming a tradition for me as this Is the second year I've chosen Crudo. The service is great, but the food is stellar. This time I had the Scottish Salmon with arugula and fennel. My girlfriend had the most tender and delicious Lamb Skewers I have ever tasted. Before that our appetizer was the most delicate Calamari plate. On it was an assortment of seafood delights and included a very spicy cocktail sauce (a bit too spicy for me) and a wonderful lemon aioli. I don't think I'll wait so long before going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Crudo to celebrate my birthday. We had a large party of about 10 people. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for better service. The staff was so attentive that it made me feel like we were the only table in the place even though they were packed! Our server was funny. They even sent someone out to buy birthday candles for my cake because we had forgotten to bring them. This place is awesome! Would be great for a celebration or a romantic date night dinner. Oh! Ask them to for pineapple/tequila/jalepeno cocktail...you won't be sorry!Special Features:
- First time, will definitely returncicicookeDined on 7/19/2014I followed reviews from open table and yelp and requested James. Everyone was right... His service is impeccable. He was courteous, knowledgable and eager to make suggestions. When you make reservations, request his section. Like many noted, the place is small so the tables are rather close, but we were seated near the kitchen. It got us away from much of the bar noise but the trade off is that it's rather warm back there. I got used to it. Now the food... The prime rib crostini is a must. Out of this world delish. Loved the carpaccio and crab cakes. The other couple had sea bass w/risotto and seafood paellea (sp?). Both were incredible. Last but not least, the jalepeno & tequila martini is a must. Overall fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our fav's!Friscofan1Dined on 7/18/2014Best service and food around! Tried another special, and it was another hit! Food is always fresh, and very high quality. So glad they expanded it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two out of twoSchaPOWDined on 7/17/2014This is the second time my wife and I have been there and the second was just as good, if not better, than the first. This time, we brought a friend. Carlos, our server, was very impressive. Loved the soup and appetizers. My wife's Sea Bass dish was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.