CRU - Vancouver
1459 W. Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 1H6Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
CRU - Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cru.ca/
- Phone: 6046774111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every night: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for Private Events. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Cru is the ideal venue for your next function. Treat your clients, friends or associates to a meal beyond all expectations. Your guests will be delighted by Chef Alana Peckham's creations, using only the freshest local ingredients. We can accommodate groups up to 40 people for Lunch or Dinner, or up to 49 for Stand-up Receptions. Book your next event at Cru.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Bill 6046774111
- Special Events: Available for Private Events. Please call for details.
A word from CRU - Vancouver
This diminutive South Granville room - a "Small Plates" original - continues to set the pace for truly creative, ingeniously executed, detail-driven small plates. Equally smart wine pairings run the gamut from an evolving list that focuses on value and quality. Great three-course Prix Fixe as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CRU - Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cru has always been a favoriteCarolDined on 6/27/2012Cru has always been a favorite restaurant - it will be missed when it closes this summerSpecial Features:
- Wish it hadn't closed. NeverMichiDined on 6/26/2012Wish it hadn't closed. Never a bad meal and very attentive and knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Excellent all around.We arejwolvertonDined on 6/24/2012Excellent all around.We are very sorry to lose this establishment.Special Features:
- not as good as has been inOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2012not as good as has been in the past...sad to see it go...good luck with your future endeavours
- We had the set dinner menuRobBobDined on 6/22/2012We had the set dinner menu and our meals were okay, but not memorable like we had anticipated. The deserts were mediocre and the entree also mediocre. I loved the wine I had, which is Burrowing Owl Pinot Gris, and difficult to find - which made my evening - but the rest of the meal was just okay, nothing special.Special Features:
- Great food - organic greens,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012Great food - organic greens, short ribs in a sirah sauce, but best of all, the chocolate torte with lavendar ice cream and pine nut caramel sauce. I liked that so much, I took an extra one home. High mid_range pricing but worth it. Sorry to hear Cru is closing when I just found them. Not sure why they are closing - it was a full house when I was there on Thursday.Special Features:
- Au Revoir mon cherLipstickLibrarianVIPDined on 6/16/2012This was my 3rd and final visit, and my husband's 1st.I'll be very sad to see it close, but we look forward to it's (hopefully soon) reappearance. We will be making plans to try Sienna.Special Features:
- Oh, I'm going to miss thisCherylVIPDined on 6/15/2012Oh, I'm going to miss this sweet little restaurant when they close their doors at the end of June 2012. Always so reliably fantastic. Best of luck to the owners and staff ... I hope this isn't the last we see of you!Special Features:
- Ottawa Sommelier Enjoyed CRUAdmirerofexcellenceDined on 6/4/2012The food was delightful: inventive, tasty and well-presented. Servings were generous. The wines list was very good. I enjoyed my evening very much. The only surprise - and not a great problem- was that I thought there would be more "tapas"-sized offerings. But loved it anyway!Special Features:
- The service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2012The service was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The food was superb, and reasonably priced. The dessert (which we shared) was not quite as spectacular as the earlier courses; the pinenuts were not roasted, and therefore didn't contribute much flavour. We were delighted that our proseccos were on the house (we were celebrating our 31st anniversary!). We were very sorry to hear that the restaurant is closing. We shall miss it.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and amazingsd8192VIPDined on 6/2/2012Wonderful food and amazing service. This is a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- Great tasting food.. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Great tasting food.. Great service. I would recommend this place. They have a small menu that is well thought up. Everything was seasoned perfectly. I could tell the chef here is good.Special Features:
- Looking forward to our next visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2012Exceptional food. Diverse wine list. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great place. UnfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2012Great place. Unfortunately we were expecting small plates which we had the last time that we went ( it was a while ago..) . So we just ordered every appetizer on the menu instead of main courses:) The experience was great - we were the last ones out. The wine list is short but very good. I found one of my favourite Okanagan wines at a previous visit to Cru.
- Cru remains one of our bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2012Cru remains one of our best enjoyed restaurants. We love the quality of the food and the intimacy of the atmosphere, and leave feeling well fed and well cared for. Thank you.Special Features:
- CRU is SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Have gone to CRU many times over the years and on the recent visit was sad to see that it is slipping in both food quality and service. Food was not as good as previous visits (and we usually get the same thing so easy to compare), now charging for bread (?!?!), butter was frozen, filet over-cooked, sirloin over-cooked, deserts moderate, service unpersonable at all. Yeah, just not as good as it used to be. There are better places to go to.
- Coming to CRU is like visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2012Coming to CRU is like visiting an old friend. The staff are warm and friendly, the food is always excellent and the atmosphere truly comfortable.Special Features:
- We have been to CRU beforeToniwDined on 5/18/2012We have been to CRU before and the food is always interesting and really good.Special Features:
- Very good, not quite outstandingTejoiDined on 5/14/2012I had the beef ribs which were outstanding, a very generous portion, that I didn't think I could finish but I couldn't stop until it was gone. The deserts were amazing as well; excellent creme brûlée, and chocolate to die for. The pine nuts in caramel sauce was unique and really work. I was disappointed in my green salad which had virtually no dressing and I could not attract the attention of a server for more. The bread was so-so as well. In a nutshell Cru often has several outstanding items with a few duds and service that can be very good or spotty.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The fixed menu on Mothers Day was very good with options for everyone. The servings seemed small at first but by the time we finished desert we were very full and completely satisfied. Not inexpensive but reasonable value.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012One of the best restaurant I have visited in recent years, great food, awesome service, the atmosphere was prefect for me and my date. The server were attentive and knowledgable with our food selection, did not push for food/wine sales and simply wanted us to enjoy our stay. Soup of the day is a good start, both of the main course (duck confit & salmon w/ mussels) are fantastic, cooked to perfection; the sides along with the duck confit became oily closer to the end, but still a great dish. Desserts we had were the banana cake and creme brulee, great finish to the experience. Would come back again to try other dishes!Special Features:
- I just cannot say enough goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/6/2012I just cannot say enough good things about Cru. They excel, period.Special Features:
- A very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Cru is small. The decor is simple, tasteful, and airy. The tables are not squished together, so it is possible to have a private conversation, even if the next table is occupied. The music, if there is any is very quiet. The food is exceptional. The service excellent. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Very good offerings. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2012Very good offerings. Every dish was perfectly prepared. A bit pricey as a go to restaurant for all occasions.Special Features:
- Cru rules!VdizzleDined on 4/28/2012I've written a lot of reviews for Cru. We just keep going back! We go maybe three times a year, but they always greet us with recognition. The service is impeccable. And they feed us so well! The Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi were to die for! Cru is far and away our favourite restaurant for many good reasons. We always leave happy and wanting to return.Special Features:
- food was good but portionsPatriciaDined on 4/27/2012food was good but portions a la carte were very small. The 3 course menu would satisfy but not overwhelm a small eater and is good value
- It was my first time at CruOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012It was my first time at Cru and the service was outstanding. My favorite dish was the Mushroom Truffle Risotto.
- Cru as Always...Excellent!!GordonADined on 4/21/2012As Usual the staff at Cru were Excellent and beyond! The food was exactly what was tasty, presentation was perfect and the wine choices were varied! Thank you Cru!!Special Features:
- Noisier than I expected, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Noisier than I expected, but the food and service were excellent. I would return, but not for those expecting a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Our food was outstanding andWillieDined on 4/19/2012Our food was outstanding and the service was great. Our only complaint was that the tables are so close together that when the server was serving the next table he was bent into our space.Special Features:
- Flavor combinations like no other.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Likely one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The attention to detail on all levels is superb. The flavor combinations are like no other, I highly recommend everyone try this restaurant.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I went hereKeithDined on 4/13/2012My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate her birthday just the two of us. We both had the $38 (or was it $39) 3-course meal which was amazing, paired with a fantastic bottle of wine the our waiter helped choose. We started with the souffle and the beef carpaccio, followed by duck breast and mushroom gnocchi, and finished with chocolate torte and cheesecake - all of which was to die for. We loved our experience, would go again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend it to ANYONE who is looking for a great restaurant with excellent food and service.Special Features:
- absolutely A+ dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012absolutely A+ dinner with 6 girl friends before the Stanley theater. we have seasons tickets and go to a differnt restaurant each night. enough. we are going back here forever. Food was delish: a few unusual ingredients married with old favourites = our best dinner on Granville. the waiter/owner was superior.Special Features:
- Very pleased with everythingNYCVisitorDined on 4/2/2012Very pleased with everything once again. Try and get to it everytime I am in Vancouver.Special Features:
- If you could be greeted atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2012If you could be greeted at the door in a civil fashion and quickly taken to the table, then one would be inclined to stay. This didn't happen and we left.
- Our dining experience wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Our dining experience would have been outstanding with better service. The food was very good with a interesting menu. There wasn't anything that wasn't excellent as far as the food goes. I would try it again and hope for better service!
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2012Food was very good, service was excellent. Everyone has a wonderful time. We'll definitely go back.
- CRU DeliversTimAVIPDined on 3/27/2012The server was friendly and attentive, she knew it was my partners birthday and had a glass of Champagne for us both. We enjoyed our dinner very very muchSpecial Features:
- Food was good; service attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012Food was good; service attentive yet casual and personal -- not artificial in any way. As the restaurant filled, I was surprised at the increase in noise level, however, from just the people talking (not music); I actually found it hard to hear my dining partner at times, which I had not expected in a small intimate restaurant like this. Overall good experience, though.
- A lovely little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/11/2012A lovely little restaurant with interesting food, great for sharing. We have visited many times and it is always a pleasure. Highly recommended.