Cru - Nantucket
One Straight Wharf
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cru - Nantucket
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crunantucket.com/
- Phone: 5082289278
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, French
- Executive Chef: Erin Zircher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Bring a taste of Cru to your special event for 10 to 200. Please email us for additional information on catering for your next celebration.
- Private Party Facilities: Cru has multiple options for private dining for groups of 10 to 100. Please email us for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Jane 5082289278
- Entertainment: Cru offers a lively evening scene with two full bars, cocktail and wine service featuring the perfect mix of hip, lounge ambiance with best of the current music.
A word from Cru - Nantucket
Cru redefines the seascape of New England cuisine. This premier oyster bar offers casually elegant cuisine in a visually stunning waterfront setting on Nantucket harbor. Serving lunch, afternoon dining, dinner and weekend brunch mid-May to mid-October. Chef Erin Zircher presents a fresh interpretation of coastal cuisine staying true to the Mediterranean flavor profile and classical French training of her culinary career. The restaurant"s unparalleled waterfront location offers a venue for guests to enjoy fresh, innovative seafood and an expansive oyster selection complemented by two sleek bars that feature an extensive wine and champagne list and innovative cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cru - Nantucket reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- One of the bestDonRDined on 10/2/2014This is now my favorite restaurant in Nantucket. Great food, draft beer and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, hit or miss foodKimmDined on 10/2/2014Lovely location and ambience, very comfortable dining and romantic lighting. Seafood dishes were excellent! Steak was disappointing -- over seasoned and overcooked. Wait staff was attentive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiziVIPDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic restaurant...beautiful view and great food/service. Loved it!Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Cru - Nantucket reviews archive.
- Food was excellent and sittingmarciaDined on 9/22/2013Food was excellent and sitting outside on the dock for a drink was really nice, but way too noisy inside if sitting by the bar.Special Features:
- Our best meal on NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013We brought our three boys here and from the beautiful lobster cocktail to the divine raspberry sorbet my 7 yr old couldn't stop talking about for days, the experience was our favorite of our week stay in Nantucket. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2013Some things were great and some wet not. That goes for appetizers as well as entrees. The lobster main course was overcooked but the swordfish as perfect. Really inconsistent delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on the wharfRandycDined on 7/23/2013All six in my party had a great meal and a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceFreddieVIPDined on 8/6/2012We've been here 3 times and it just keeps getting better --the food is always exceptional and the service is always more than we expect! At the top of our list!Special Features:
- If you like a deafening roarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2012If you like a deafening roar rather than good conversation this is the place for you. A restaurant with high end prices that places you so close to the bar that you cannot converse with your guests is unacceptable. Offer a bar menu at the tables In the back room and it might be ok. Avoid these tables and specify a table at the front.Special Features:
- Definitely a Hot Spot.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2012My husband and I spent a few days in Nantucket mid-week and wanted to try all of the new places - Cru being one of them. Our Innkeeper told us that she had tried it the night before and that the bartenders and wait staff were not friendly - not cool, considering she could send them oodles of customers. We went anyway, and found it to be hip and fun - we were seated in the back bar and it was kind of loud and crowded. The wait staff kept bumping into my husband as they walked by, because the bar was so crowded. We decided to just roll with it and consider it part of the experience. The food was good, not great. I think it would be better suited for drinks and apps.Special Features:
- We ate twice here last week--bothOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2012We ate twice here last week--both lunch and dinner were excellent. Wonderful preparation of swordfish and local fluke. Ask for a table by the open windows. Wonderful outdoor lounge overlooking the marina.Special Features:
- Food I would have expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2012Food I would have expected to be better!Had trouble deciding what to order due to a somewhat limited menu. When the food came out everything was just a little off.Special Features:
- We both had stomach crampsdrifterDined on 7/6/2012We both had stomach cramps the next day and think it was the "limp" fried clams.Special Features:
- Definitely the "in" placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2012Definitely the "in" place to be seen on Nantucket this summer. We had a reservation and were seated almost 30 minutes late. We watched people try to slip the host money to get ahead. Food was okay. Think there are better places on Nantucket. Menu wasn't as creative as we like and prices were high.Special Features:
- OverratedDickf24VIPDined on 7/6/2012Overrated. One of the worst lobster rolls I ever had. FIrst time I ever had to add salt to one. The service was slow, prices out of line with the quality. Glad we didn't eat dinner there.Special Features:
- 5 starsFreddieVIPDined on 7/5/2012The view of the harbor was awesome and the service was excellent! We were surprised with a complimentary appetizer when they discovered this was a birthday celebration and the food was just absolutely delicious. The salad and blue crab appetizers were delightful - made with the freshest ingredients and our entrees - both fish - were cooked to perfection. The desserts were creative and delicious - the perfect ending to an incredible dining experience! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Sensational new restaurant in ACKfreshfoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2012Everything is so delicious at this beautiful new restaurant on Straight Wharf. We have eaten there 3 times now, and each time we have had a fabulous meal in a gorgeous setting with top notch service. If you are a foodie, this place is for you. The fish dishes are superbly prepared. Do not miss the crab cocktail with creme fraiche and horseradish sauce. And save room for the key lime dessert that is to die for.Special Features:
- Great location-set to improveRegularVIPDined on 7/5/2012Our first time at Cru. The raw bar is fantastic. The dress is much more casual than advertised. I felt out of place with my blazer. Wear your shorts and golf shirt on a warm evening. Short but thoughtfully constructed wine list. My main course, swordfish, was good, but a bit over-engineered-I'd omit the goat cheese. There was a little confusion around dessert and coffee. They made it up to us. I think this place is always going to be a bit chaotic, but you can't beat the location, and the servers are special. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Terrific atmoshpere with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2012Terrific atmoshpere with excellent food, good people watching. The techno music a negative for diners.Special Features:
- Food, service, location, decorOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/30/2012Food, service, location, decor are all great, but the place is way way too loud. You can't hear the person sitting right next to you. They need to do something about the acoustics.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the ambiance, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2012We enjoyed the ambiance, service, and food but the wine prices we inflated far beyond the typical 50%. We're well aware of wine prices and just couldn't bring ourselves to purchase a full bottle without feeling we were being taken advantage of.Special Features:
- Great fresh seafood, greatTouristaVIPDined on 6/30/2012Great fresh seafood, great bar scene and atmosphere, and an even better location with breathtaking views. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Too much ambient noise. SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2012Too much ambient noise. Seating is not conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Pros: The lobster bisque andSusan7Dined on 6/28/2012Pros: The lobster bisque and fried calamari were great, and my husband liked his scallop dish. The decor and view are beautiful. Cons: very limited selection of wines by the glass and only four specialty cocktails to choose from. I got a cucumber martini....it was just so-so. For a restaurant named cru, I would expect more variety. I had the halibut appetizer as my main course...made with green olives, which overpowered the taste of the fish.... Very disappointing. The menu seemed very limited. Dinner for two with two appetizers, one glass of wine and one martini was $140.00 With so many great restaurants to choose from in Nantucket, I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Best new addition to Nantucket.freshfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2012Best new addition to Nantucket. Food is outstanding, and the setting is gorgeous. Very friendly, competent staff.Special Features:
- A terrible disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2012A terrible disappointment when one remembers the previous Rope Walk. Pricing is ridiculous ($5.00 per shrimp; $3-4 per oyster)! Lovely but third rate waitstaff. The only improvement from Rope Walk is the seating. The good news is that it is likely to be under new management by next season.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious shellfish,LovetodineoutDined on 6/22/2012Fresh and delicious shellfish, great salad with local ingredients. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Great food in a spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/22/2012Great food in a spectacular setting. My new favorite on Nantucket!Special Features:
- Cru is terrific; a much appreciatedCB64Dined on 6/21/2012Cru is terrific; a much appreciated addition to the Nantucket dining scene! The food is fabulous and the service outstanding. The staff is so gracious whether the diners be couples of a certain age, families or attractive singles enjoying the waterfront ambiance and great bar. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- A restaurant on the waterDidi74Dined on 6/21/2012A restaurant on the water often has the view but average fare. Cru is the exception.Special Features:
- We loved everything aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/12/2012We loved everything about it, except for the fact that we were initially led to the worst table for two when there were other nicer tables available....kiss of death! In all fairness, we asked to be moved and we were seated at a quieter table away from the very noisy bar. Why do restaurants do this? It starts the evening off on the wrong foot. Luckily, the servers were friendly and capable, and the food was really wonderful. The selection of wines by the glass was quite good, and the atmosphere was beyond spectacular.Special Features:
- Delicious dining, spectacular viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2012We had a lovely lunch. Excellent food, knowledgeable friendly staff, a small but interesting wine list, elegant decor -- all complemented by an amazing setting. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The worst of it is the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012The worst of it is the place is very loud, worse as the evening wore on. The noise ratine you require does not rate the noise at all.
- Fabulous Food-but too noisy for us!KarenDined on 6/7/2012The quality of the food & service was exceptional. The noise level was awful not energetic. My dinner date & I could hardly speak to one another at times, it was so loud. We could hardly hear the server during parts of dinner service. Disappointing.Special Features: