Cru Kitchen and Bar
25 E. Delaware
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cru Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crukitchen.com/
- Phone: 3123374001x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11am - 12am
11am - 1am
9am - 1am
9am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Carrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms for up to 20 and 30 people, semi private for up to 40 with one adjoining room, up to 60, with two adjoining rooms up to 100. Total seating capacity is 120 with room at bar for pre-dinner drinks and appetizers.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Schmidt 312-337-4001x
A word from Cru Kitchen and Bar
Cru Kitchen and Bar is the neighborhood "go to" place in the Gold Coast. Situated a short step from Michigan Avenue and major hotels, it offers spiced up comfort food in a casual atmosphere. Cru serves lunch and dinner 7 days a week and brunch on weekends. At the u-shaped bar, which is the hottest spot for people watching, enjoy a wide selection of wines by the glass, flights, over 100 bottles and superb cocktails and spirits as well as an all day menu. In winter, enjoy hearty, seasonal favorites in a fireplace setting, while summertime offers the best people watching in Chicago on the huge sidewalk cafe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cru Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cru never disappointsKSC12Dined on 12/8/2013We go here frequently because it's in the neighborhood, and the service and food never disappoint. It's probably my favorite restaurant in the Gold Coast for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend dinnerDaveSDined on 11/29/2013Been to CRU several times after being referred there by my daughter who resides in Chicago. Each time we weren't disappointed. The atmosphere and dining area is nice, and the staff has always been excellent and accommodating. Would classify CRU as a solid option for a good tasting, reasonably priced dinner. Brussels sprouts, Mac and Cheese and cheese / charcuterie are excellent! Wine list isn't overly expansive, but you can certainly find a glass or bottle to meet your needs. Overall, we'll continue to visit CRU!Special Features:
- Great brunchFoodieDined on 11/24/2013Perfect place for brunch with all my friends in town for a mini reunion. Attentive staff, excellent food, a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchHarryDined on 11/10/2013Great location and easily walkable from the Mag Mile.Special Features:
- Surprise for brunchHowieDined on 11/2/2013Cru was a wonderful surprise. We had heard that it had changed hands but decided to give it a try anyway. It turned out to be the perfect Saturday brunch. In fact the owners are the same but changed from a Feast to Cru. Salad friends from out-of-town loved their choices. My Eggs Benedict were absolutely perfect which I enjoyed with a wonderful glass of a sparkling rose. Every table was full for good reason. Don't stand in line at Yolk when you can reserve Zander enjoy a much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2013The menu at Cru was interesting. The food very good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited menusocalgirlVIPDined on 10/25/2013I really liked this place when it was Feast. Since they changed the menu ( didn't seem like much else changed), it's extremely limited -- especially for those who don't eat beef, pork, lamb or veal. what few options they do have are fixed with funky extras that make those options unattractive. ANd the actual menu is not the same as the onlne menu. I went online to check and so while I thought there would be more choices, I was very disappointed.
- The menu is similar to Feast,eaterVIPDined on 10/2/2013The menu is similar to Feast, and is still delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually badLocaldinerVIPDined on 8/19/2013Service - food took nearly 30 minutes (sandwiches), waitress I attentive, and very unpleasant. Worst experience ever in this frequently visited restaurant.Special Features:
- We all give it a huge thumbs up!!!TiffVIPDined on 8/18/2013My family & I went for Sunday Brunch & it was AMAZING!!!! We all had something different & everyone cleaned their plate! The Pancakes were amazing!!!! My 10 year old son ate the entire omelette & salad - he said it was the best meal ever!!!!! We enjoyed sitting outside & everything was perfect! Friendly staff too! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2013Went in with family from out of town for brunch. The restaurant was busy, but not packed. It took quite some time for our table to be acknowledged, and when we finally were, we felt rushed to order. Towards the end of our meal (2 of us were finished, 2 were not), the server came and dropped the check and begin clearing our plates. As half our table was still enjoying their meals, this felt very rude. We would have liked to order more drinks and continue to enjoy ourselves, but were quite put off and felt the need to hurry even more. I understand a server being busy, but dropping the check while we are still eating is unacceptable. Although the food was delicious, the service left a poor taste in our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedsibylVIPDined on 7/18/2013This restaurantispff the beaten path of Rush St. where tourists f Ockham so prices can soar. This place is in a neighborhood and is very overpriced. Too bad as a nearby resident O I would have liked to support the restaurant but it is WAY overpriced.
- Excellent Brunch SpotAdamVIPDined on 7/14/2013We had a group of eight for brunch and were able to sit outside on a perfect day. To top it off both the food and service were excellent. It started with my phone call to reconfirm the reservation, due to a number change. Cru was more than accommodating and went above and beyond!Special Features:
- Food and staff outstandingNanaDined on 6/23/2013The atmosphere is relaxed, the staff is very friendly and Professional. The cook makes very tasty dishes, presented with care and perfectly seasoned. the duck liver mousse is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceMSveggieDined on 6/16/2013A bad experience- I have tried Cru twice thinking the first time was a fluke, it wasn't. It was BAD. No one came to help us for 20 minutes and then waiter was so rude! Food is only OK anyway. Do not go!
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/19/2013My friend and I made plans to have a late lunch outside to enjoy the beautiful Chicago weather. The hostess allowed people to seat themselves, AHEAD of people who had reservations, and we waited 30 minutes before we were finally seated at a table. Without any service thereafter, my friend and I walked up and left. I used to like Cru and would go there on a semi-regular basis. The horrible service and general apathetic attitude of the staff is enough to put me and my friends off for a long time.
- Okay- first time thereSadiesplaceVIPDined on 5/17/2013Sat us next to large group, fairly noisy. I had told them it was my husband's. birthday, no acknowledgement. Food was fairly good. Mushroom flat bread was excellent, other food was unremarkable. Wait staff was fairly attentive.Special Features:
- ambience was fine; food forOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/5/2013ambience was fine; food for brunch was mixed; toast and potatoes were very good but omelettes were a little rubbery
- Fantastic freshly preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2013Fantastic freshly prepared food. Amazing brunch. Great service and decor.Special Features:
- A beautiful interior and niceAtldeuceVIPDined on 4/21/2013A beautiful interior and nice food. $4 for 3 pieces of greasy bacon however.
- Nice place to grab a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Great service, nice atmosphere. The dinner menu was not the most appealing to me or my date. The wine was ok, but the prosecco was great. I would go back and try a different wine.Special Features:
- The food is wonderful andLadyVVIPDined on 4/19/2013The food is wonderful and I love their wine list. However, every time we eat at Cru, the menu changes and the prices creep up. It wasn't very busy for a Friday evening and I think it's because Cru is having a tough time finding itself. Also, the bus staff works very hard to do things right, but we were given random plates for no reason at all and one bus boy kept asking if he could clear away the plates. It was awkward.Special Features:
- Very good, but expensivewaldmkaVIPDined on 4/16/2013Very good, but drinks are very expensive. Enjoyed the flatbread.Special Features:
- The noise level was prettylolaVIPDined on 4/14/2013The noise level was pretty high- not a relaxing Sunday vibe. The breakfast items were average, except the beignets and biscuits (delicious) and the grits (not very tasty.) One person liked the chopped salad a lot. I'd give it a lukewarm recommendation.Special Features:
- nothing special - at allPIPoodleVIPDined on 4/10/2013The decor is great. The service was slow. The ambiance was bizzare - let me elaborate. There is a curtain that separates part of the restaurant. Halfway through dinner the curtain was pulled back to see an open layout and three random tables. One table had a diner - a diner wearing adidas pants and working on a laptop. It spoiled the ambiance. They should have left the curtain closed. The service - where do I start. Nice guy, but totally recommended the Pinot Noir from Cali (didnt say where from). So we go with his recommendation and then look at the menu - there were 3 Pinots and 1 listed at $150/bottle. When he came back, we asked what Pinot he was going to bring - Brooks. Brooks is an Oregon Pinot - get it right dude!
- Went with a party of 8 forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Went with a party of 8 for my best friend's bachelorette party this past weekend. The food was excellent - it's not often that everyone at the table is raving about their meal, but we were. I'm always looking for places that are a little nicer but still good for group brunches and Cru is definitely it. I will be back!Special Features:
- Menu for breakfast/lunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Menu for breakfast/lunch on Sunday is outstanding!!Special Features:
- Perfect for any meal - brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2013Perfect for any meal - brunch, lunch, dinner and everything in between!Special Features:
- This was our first visit tochanlemarieVIPDined on 3/22/2013This was our first visit to Cru but not our last. The restaurant is cozy with several fireplaces. The menu is impressive for a rather small restaurant, with a variety of creative starters, main courses and desserts. We began the meal with the grilled shrimp and baby octopus, which was divine, and the vegetable tempura, also ver good-lightly breaded and not greasy. Our main courses kept the streak going; the Barramundi and the lamb loin both mouth wateringly delicious. We enjoyed the wines by the glass menu, trying a variety of reds and whites. We declined dessert, but there were several on the menu that looked tempting!Special Features:
- Three Girls OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2013We were three girls out to catch up on each others lives and our server Matt (I think that was his name) couldn't have been more helpful, charming and better timed. The gnocchi mushroom appetizer was knockout rich and delicious and the brussels sprouts, which we ate as an appetizer, were elevated to new heights. We consulted with Matt on our entrees and all of us were very pleased. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- HOT. And not in a good way.jocelynVIPDined on 3/16/2013If we didn't get stuck by the fireplace, this would have been a decent dining experience. That and if we would have had a waiter that cared at all that he had a table. Here are the pluses.... The food is very good. I had the breakfast burrito and it was one of my favorites in the city. The biscuits are great as are the donuts. But the service was HORRENDOUS. I think he came by twice in the hour and a half we were there. He never offered us another drink and never checked on us after we got our food. We had to flag him down for a bill. And as we were leaving, the manager came and turned the fireplace off. As the sweat dripped down our backs on our way out the door, we had never felt so happy to leave a restaurant.Special Features:
- There were 4 of us. ThreeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2013There were 4 of us. Three liked the food, one did not. French fries used to be fabulous, and they were very disappointing.Special Features:
- Wine overpriced, menu interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Wine overpriced, menu interesting, but food was just ok, nothing special. Had to move from very hot spot near fireplace. Would probably try someplace else next time, but would also consider giving Cru another try. Service very good.
- While I would not describeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013While I would not describe it as kid-friendly from a menu standpoint...we had our kids with us and they were so good at accommodating them. We had a great family meal!Special Features:
- There is no better place forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013There is no better place for delicious breakfast food. The menu is creative, the juice is fresh squeezed, the wait staff is friendly and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:
- Not a Neighborhood Gem!ARussellDined on 2/14/2013The service was quite slow. We waited about 45 minutes for two burgers. All of the food was covered in truffle oil. A little really goes a long way and it over powered all of the other food flavors.Special Features:
- We have a great dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We have a great dinner at Cru once a week. Its a special place where I bring my special lady.Special Features:
- Exceptional wine!Charles123VIPDined on 2/8/2013My fiancee and I came here for dinner on Friday. I can't say enough good things about the wine list and the service. Our waiter was super nice and personable. His recommendations on wine were great, and everything was excellent. We did not think the food stood up to the quality of the wine. The quinoa appetizer and vegetable sides were delicious, but I thought my short rib entree was under-seasoned as was the wagyu burger. Overall the food was fine, but the star of the experience was the wine.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Went for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Amazing food. Went for restaurant week... Very poor choices for restaurant week so ate off the menu. PSpecial Features:
- What? No valet?TreyVIPDined on 2/8/2013Food is fine, service ok but parking is a hassle- I would only recommend it if you are normally in the area- not worth a special trip.