13499 S Cleveland Ave # 241
Fort Myers, FL 33907Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eatcru.com/
- Phone: 239-466-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30a - 2:30p
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30p - 11p
Sunday Supper 5p-9p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Harold Balink
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room with capacity for 30. Two 42" Video monitors with A/V Setup ready.
- Special Events: For information on wine dinners, chef's tastings, and other events, please contact Bob at Bob@eatcru.com
A word from Cru-Fort Myers
Cru, derived from the French term loosely meaning "growth" perfectly exemplifies the goal for our restaurant. We strive daily to grow and produce a better, more beneficial product for our guests. We invite you to take in the truly unique experience that we offer in our dining room, or stop by for happy hour at our tapas bar & lounge. Two completely different menus offer two completely different experiences. We strive to produce the best available cuisine to pair with our custom wine and cocktail list. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cru-Fort Myers reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Shot in the darkOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014We were in town for a quick trip, no time to research restaurants, and this was a wonderful find! Waiter was fantastic, food was wonderful, cocktails were a great suprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Very good food and ambience was great as well. We made late reservations and they were able to accommodate us. I would definitely recommend to friends. We had filets, which were terrific. One of the people in our group was a chef from another restaurant, he had the duck and said it was fabulous! Good job CRU.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicedsb2bDined on 7/23/2014quiet and pleasant atmosphere, food was excellent with exception of duck which was very tough.Special Features:
- Favorite Place in SWFBob02Dined on 5/24/2014We eat at this restaurant every time we are in the area. The food never disappoints. Always something creative. I had the duck meatballs and they were excellent. We always enjoy ourselves here and cant wait to come back.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Cru-Fort Myers reviews archive.
- Best for the buckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014Food was great, we enjoyed apps in the bar and moved to the dining room. Service was fun and personal, didn't feel like a generic dining experience. Thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. I love that the waitstaff understands gluten intolerance and can guide me through the menu. I feel safe eating here and the food is great!Special Features:
- Just okaydcartwrDined on 4/14/2014Attempts out of the ordinary dishes but their preparation and quality was just ok. I plan to try this restaurant one more time before recommending it to friends. Nice restaurant, not too expensive but the need to execute in the kitchen if they're going to serve foo foo foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD but goodlisaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Bar area crazy loud. Restaurant is better. We got a booth in the back. The kale caesar was great. My husband had an outstanding steak. I had the gnochi with wild mushrooms. outstanding.Special Features:
- Melt-in-mouth filet mignonBdayDined on 3/21/2014Beautiful dining experience. Always great food. Have lunched here often; had dinner for first time. Terrific! Pricey, but was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Food PairingscaptivatoniDined on 3/20/2014Love the food for unique pairings...particularly love the spicy crab rolls. Have only eaten lunch here but understand it is nice for dinner or appetizers in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice array of craft cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014Nice array of craft cocktails and some very good food.Special Features:
- Just MehjaykaydeeDined on 3/13/2014We went for lunch to Cru. It was right after the "lunch rush" so we saw lots of dirty tables and mess. The decor was tired and there was a musty smell. When we sat down, I noticed that both the water glasses on our table were dirty - mine was sticky. Our waitress switched them out quickly. I ordered the "crazy salad" (?) with chicken and my friend a Cubano. When they came my salad was swimming in dressing, limp lettuce, dry chicken, and I could not find any of the pistachios that were supposed to be on it. My friends's Cubano was good but the truffle fries were covered in cheese that smelled BAD - not a "stinky cheese" smell, a mildew smell. She put lots of ketchup on and it was okay. Service was good, the one redeeming factor.
- Food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2014Food and service was excellent. attached bar area a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre BBMannEcweinDined on 3/7/2014The menu is interesting, varied, and innovative. Quality is high and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Featuring a loud version offourscoreDined on 3/1/2014Featuring a loud version of the ubiquitous generic Florida guitar player/singerSpecial Features:
- Cru - Ft. MyersKennyDined on 2/21/2014We had a 5:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Our waitress was excellent. Our order was taken promptly and our drinks and food were served in a timely manner. The seafood dishes were excellent. The special - a bone-in filet - was only fair in quality. When we left at 7:00, the restaurant, outdoor area, and bar were packed! It became a little noisey toward the end of our meal, but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty and good-- pretty goodNeapolitanDined on 2/20/2014Not a lot of options in Ft. Myers for places taking a reservation and serving something beyond the steak and fish standards. Cru is attractive and nicely tucked into an attractive upscale mall. Bar very buzzy and full on a Thursday evening. There is some outdoor seating, but we were seated inside, and the room is very, very dark-- in no way a Florida environment, if that's what you are looking for. Great wine list. Menu is interesting. Food, however, was so-so. Risotto beneath the shrimp and scallop entree was leaden, mushy and tasteless, literally without any identifiable flavor. Dining companion's salmon was oddly pale and over cooked. Crab chowder was gluey. Nothing was inedible, but things seemed so promising until the food arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cannot recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014I cannot recommend this restaurant for any of the above. We were not impressed at all. I actually thought it could have been a bit more cleaner. The meals did not impress us and the quality of the steak was poor. I have no desire to go back. I was disappointed. Sorry to have wasted a night out on this place.
- Favorite SWF restaurantBob02Dined on 2/15/2014I love this place. The food is very good as the menu is inventive. we have been coming here for about 3 years and I have never been disappointed. The staff treats us very well especially Samantha. My wife misses the homemade coconut cake.Special Features:
- Always a great mealJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 2/13/2014We hit Cru on the way to BB Mann for concerts and every time we are impressed. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We just had a few small plattersFranDined on 2/11/2014We just had a few small platters outside for dinner before the movies, so we can't really judge the restaurant fairly for the inside dining.Special Features:
- Great spot for diningsamerDined on 2/7/2014Trying to find a dining experience in an area of chain and causal restaurants can be hard. Our friends recommended CRU for a spot with out of town guests where the food would be great and a spot where we could visit. Everything worked. Though the restaurant has a bar and a vibrant out door dining area, inside is peace and quiet with attentive service. Food is perfect, everyone enjoyed there meal. A good evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/30/2014In an area with lots of chains and fast food it was really nice to find a place with great fresh foods. We had two salads and two fish entrees and all were great.Special Features:
- Had lunch at Cru with a dearBarbDined on 1/29/2014Had lunch at Cru with a dear friend that I had not seen in a long time. We needed time to talk and to get caught up without feeling that the server needed the table and tried to rush us out.....this was the perfect place and the perfect time. My shrimp and scallop dish was excellent. Can't wait for an opportunity to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting placegracie2eatDined on 1/27/2014Wonderful to meet someone new where you can hear them, and be serene surroundings. Would recommend for two to eight people. ambiance abounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-movie dinnerFrancesVIPDined on 1/26/2014We went to Cru for a pre-movie dinner. Our 4 entrees were all deliciious. We told our waitress we were going to a movie, even so there was a longer wait between appetizers and entrees than we would have liked, but we still finished in time to arrive in our seats at the theater just as the trailers started.Special Features:
- Cru is our FavoriteKatyKDined on 1/25/2014We have been coming to Cru when we visit Ft. Myers for 8 years and LOVE it. It is always consistent, the food is wonderful and adventurous and the wine is amazing. Can't say enough about Cru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKateBDined on 1/24/2014We had 4 appetizers, a main course, dessert and drinks....each course was wonderful. Interesting flavor combinations and the service was top notch. The bar scene looks fun but was super noisy, however, we sat in the dining area in a side booth and it was great (not loud at all). We definitely recommend CruSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cave man and VegitariansLocalDined on 1/20/2014Whether you like a huge piece of cow or a perfect portion of fish, there is something on the menu for everyone. Courses are presented beautifully yet they keep portion sizes large. Order the truffle fries, they aren't on the menu but are fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise wasn't "energetic"…itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014The noise wasn't "energetic"…it was chaotic. It happened to be "Yappy Hour" at Bell Tower, leading to lots more people, dogs and ….noise. We were seated by a table near the hostess desk and door, ---horrible noise level. When we asked to be moved, it was graciously handled, very nice. I can't imagine why we weren't placed there in the first place, there were three open booths along the wall, much more enjoyable, leading to a very nice time. Server was super, food great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE AVERAGENoneVIPDined on 1/9/2014Food was very good; service the same. Noise level too high for either intimate dining or seniors' ears.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedBougivalVIPDined on 1/8/2014We shared the crab roll - I was expecting a sushi type roll - it was deed fried. My husband had Steak frites - steak was great, the fries were too skinny and overcooked. My grilled fish was just too oily. We were not inspired enough to order a dessert.
- The food was fabulous as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/28/2013The food was fabulous as usual and very innovative. I was disappointed in my cosmo--very picky about them. I sent it back because there was no noticeable alcohol in it, so I got a glass of wine instead. They have very high prices, so should be a little more generous with their alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!KaermMDDined on 12/24/2013Our server, Rick, was unbelievable! He was prompt, courteous, personable, humorous, and met our every need with a delightful attitude. He made our Christmas Eve dining experience truly memorable. (This experience was a much needed antidote to a truly bad one at Nervous Nellies on the beach the evening before.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better thru the yearsJmacdogDined on 12/19/2013As patrons from day one we greatly appreciate the quality of the ingredients and the skillful knowledge to blend them that Harold and Bob use to create outstanding food. The menu has something for everyone but is shaped by only doing those dishes that they can call outstanding. Niman Ranch bone on filet is undoubtedly the best piece of beef anywhere, but there is also a delicious Buffalo Tenderloin. Fish is served perfectly tender and moist and all dishes are with vegetable companions done just right to highlight the entrée. Not the place for kids as the bar scene is hectic but seems to add energy and is appropriate to the open kitchen and separate dining room. Over the years we have introduced people to Cru and all can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant interludemjmmDined on 12/6/2013dined at Cru Friday evening. Swift attention from management when entering. Excellent and friendly service. Food was good but the Tartare steak could have been chopped more. gnocci was excellent. Wines outstanding.Special Features:
- Dining outBozzDined on 12/2/2013We had the scallop appetizer which was very good and the Arugula goat cheese salad also very good . The main courses were average to below average in quality and presentation . Specifically the snapper appetizer was overpowered with cheese and stuffing , hard to find the natural subtle flavor of the Fish , and presentation was monotone with no greens , starch or colors . The seafood risotto was very undercooked , and lacked flavor . Once again the presentation was lacking although both entrees had nice fresh fish and seafood if could find it amongst all the breading and cheese . Would return but would focus on a simpler preparation of fresh fish or seafood . BOZZSpecial Features:
- Noisy!howardnDined on 11/15/2013Great menu. Food doesn't live up to the menu. Restaurant was jammed and incredibly noisy because of to the inside/outside bar scene. Looks like a great spot for young adults to party at the bar and patio. Not so good if you are expecting fine dining.Special Features:
- Awesome Place to EatMalleeDined on 11/14/2013Came here with clients from out of town and it seems like this is our go-to place for dinner. We had a great time at the bar. It was slightly difficult to get the bartenders attention but it didn't change our mood. Dinner was fantastic and dessert was even better. Love this place. Our waiter was phenomenal, very knowledgeable and personable.Special Features:
- Hold the beets!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013My wife and best pals were delighted with their orders. I'd asked that the beets not be apart of my order, but there they were amongst my potatoes, so I actually didn't eat anything. However, seems like a great restaurant and would probably try again and be more emphatic about holding the beets!I would recommend this to a friend.