Crush - Baltimore
510 E Belvedere Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crush - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crush-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 4432789001
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Brunch 11:00am - 3:00 pm & Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Chaustit
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
A word from Crush - Baltimore
Crush features modern American food in a casual atmosphere with farm fresh produce and sustainable seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crush - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
- Crush is an outstanding restaurant.OccasionaldinerVIPDined on 11/18/2012Crush is an outstanding restaurant. The wine selection is exceptional (and the wine glasses are high quality). The serving staff is knowledgeable and accommodating. The tuna special was outstanding, as were the salads and hamburgers. We enjoyed the pleasant decor and atmosphere.Special Features:
- All in all a nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2012All in all a nice evening reconnecting with an old friend from Chicago. She thoroughly enjoyed the setting and the food as did I. My only complaint was the meat on my tenderloin salad was a little too fatty and not of the quality I would expect. Good flavor and cooked to my liking, but... otherwise everything else was very good.Special Features:
- Not like it used to beTheAntiFoodieDined on 11/7/20128:30 reservation. Server was definitely not happy to see us sit down. No greeting, just asked for our drink order. On a positive note he did mention they were offering $1/2 bottles of wine. Bland appetizer, dry chicken entree. Not worth the $$$. It's unfortunate because this place used to be great.
- One burger element from 4 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Our meal at Crush was at 10:30 P.M. on a Friday, so expectations must be tempered. A bit noisy from a pair of birthday parties at the bar, but otherwise a pleasant ambience. My girlfriend's lamb chops (app) were A+ good, and my shrimp & grits were hearty and satisfying. The roasted beet salad was also tasty, and even won praise from the non-beet-eater. Sadly, our burgers, while well-prepared, weren't anything special. The brioche buns were nice, and the fries were solid, but the overall burger experience was average at best, especially for the price. On the plus side, our server (despite a couple of issues, which he dealt with promptly and without fuss) was extremely courteous, and put a good face on our dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2012Food was very good, service was fair. Kind of slow to take our order, and then the food came out on top of each other--appetizer-dinner. All-in-all a good experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- We have been to Crush severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012We have been to Crush several times and have always had very good service and high quality food. Last Saturday night we invited friends to join us for dinner at Crush. The food was very good, but the service was terrible. It took our waiter over 20 minutes to ask us if we wanted something to drink, he never told us his name and didn't welcome us to Crush. After a dinner lasting over 2.5 hours due to poor service, we complained to the manager on duty who seemed to be very indifferent. He said he would look into it, but never returned. The next day we emailed the GM to let her know about our experience. It was a very embarassing evening for us. Glad our friends have been to many great places with us so they won't hold this one against us.
- Food, as always, was veryDRad66VIPDined on 11/2/2012Food, as always, was very good. Accomodating on changes with included side dishes. Like the Prix Fixe menu - prices are a little on the high side otherwise. Our server, Chris, was good, but he had too many tables to be able to provide really good service to his tables.Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2012We continue to love Crush. The whole family enjoyed their meal. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Servers are very friendly and accommodating. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Third Time...a DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012This was my third time at Crush and I'm wondering if the chef has changed because while the presentation was lovely, my food was insipid at best. I ordered the scallop appetizer and un-Cobb salad for the main. I'm not someone who pour salt over everything but did so this time in an attempt to wake up the flavors. Sauce on the scallops was meh. Dressing on the salad? At least the blue cheese added some zip. Flourless chocolate cake was nice and light but accompanied by a blob (really) of peanut butter mousse that trashed that section of the cake. Lovely ambiance, though!
- A big change at Crush. Wediningout02VIPDined on 10/20/2012A big change at Crush. We hadn't been back for several months and we were in for a big shock. The fact that it was a Friday night and the place was almost empty at 7:00 probably should have warned us. The menu has been severely cut back and the service was a huge disappointment. Our waiter was brusque and uninformed and couldn't even pronounce haricot vert. When we asked how the chicken special was prepared he could tell us it was brined but not how it was cooked. He implied that changing one sort of potato for another was a huge deal. The calimari is still good, but our main dishes were only ordinary. Crush used to have inventive, fun food and great service. Too bad it doesn't now.
- absolutely wonderfulamalyutinVIPDined on 10/14/2012This was our second time and it changed our opinion about the place because of the waitress (we don't know her name but she is middle aged woman) who was just wonderful. We also ordered differently (gratefully to her) and probably it helped too. Food was great from the beginning to the end and we are sure we'll be back for more.Special Features:
- Trendy and TastyNikkiVIPDined on 10/13/2012I needed a place to celebrate my aunt's birthday who is a serious foodie and has already been to almost every restaurant in Maryland. I made reservations at several places but couldn't decide which was best. My co-worker recommended Crush and I'm so glad she did. The atmosphere is so trnedy and the entrees were absolutely delicious. Not only was my aunt incredibly impressed, she insisted that we come back again soon.Special Features:
- food was excellently prepared.KellyDined on 10/10/2012food was excellently prepared. Very upscale presentation and flavors.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2012Excellent Food! Servers were pleasant, knowledgeable, and prompt with the food. Our table had the salmon and steak. Both were seasoned well and cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Our meal was great and weOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2012Our meal was great and we really enjoy the staff. First class.Special Features:
- It was really wonderful toPaulDined on 10/5/2012It was really wonderful to be able to sit outside on a warm October night.Special Features:
- Great night out!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012May have been the best seafood meal I've ever had.Rock fish and crab cake special!Special Features:
- We were a group of nine andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012We were a group of nine and had a lot of fun -- food was good, great vibe. Would absolutely go again -Special Features:
- Little pricey, but very good...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012The dining areas were very clean and modern looking. The wait staff was excellent and the food was delicious. We sampled the Sliders, Chicken Sandwich and BLT. The food was impressive, but the prices tended to be higher than what you expect for this type of food. The menu was fairly limited, so if you are looking for a large variety of food you may be happier at another place.
- Our server was excellent,RebeccaMVIPDined on 9/10/2012Our server was excellent, she did a great job. However, the restaurant wasn't very crowded (just two other tables), and the kitchen refused to make a substitution that I thought was fairly innocuous, especially given that they weren't busy. All of that said, my dinner was fine, especially the dessert. I will likely go back to Crush, it has the potential to be both a great neighborhood restaurant and a destination. I can't figure out why they seem to be struggling...Special Features:
- Yummy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012The decor is modern and the food choice is limited. However, the food was delicious!! They don't know how to cook steaks to order so unless you want it rare order well done. I ordered medium well and it came out rare.Special Features:
- The service was fair. weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012The service was fair. we had a waiter with an attitude. One person in our party had a black sweater. the white napkin shed all over it! when we asked the waiter for a black napkin, there was no apology...he rolled his eyes & said they didnt have any. about 15 minutes later, he returned with a black napkin and said "dont ask what i had to do to get this..." three of the four meals were below average - chewy steak, cold fish, and the surprise of finding prosciutto in the bottom of a dish that didnt have it listed among the ingredients (ordered by a vegetarian!!). needless to say, none of us will go back!!!
- First time there and was notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012First time there and was not disappointed . Food was great..fast service and really nice atmosphere. I definitely would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- restaurant is definitely backOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2012restaurant is definitely back and definitely a favorite of ours!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, with a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Great restaurant, with a nice selection of drinks and food. I have eaten here twice and enjoyed it very ich each time.Special Features:
- Fabulous food. Snarky waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2012Fabulous food. Snarky waitress. Probably won't go back as a result.Special Features:
- The food as always was great!!PerfeYumzVIPDined on 8/29/2012The food as always was great!!Perfectly cooked filet and salmon sandwich!! The service was lacking greatly. The server seemed to not want us there at all. No thank you or polite greating what so ever!! Made us feel as if we were a burden!! The food will bring us back, but the service will keep us away for a bit.Special Features:
- need to up there menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012need to up there menu and get better waiters not looking like she was doped upSpecial Features:
- Foodie hopes dashedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Lovely decor and a energetic bar scene make Crush an entertaining venue. The decor and limited menu raised our foodie hope. Sadly, the food and service did not meet these expectations. Good quality crab and salmon were let down by limp fries, grocery store bun, and greasy foccacia. Our server was obviously new, because she did not know how to open a bottle of wine. I don't fault her for being new, but can't understand why the management does not train their staff. I might give Crush another chance, but with lower expectations the next time.Special Features:
- The food is reliably good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2012The food is reliably good. The server's are friendly but not in your face. The portions are just right.Special Features:
- We accidentally made a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We accidentally made a reservation at Crush thinking that it was Grand Cru, which is across the street. The wine list was minimal and the selections were run of the mill. The food was fine, if not a bit bland. I can't say I would recommend it, but it wasn't bad.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2012Service was amazing!! Went with five friends and sometimes larger parties tend to be a bit of a hassle. Our waitress was very accommodating and honest with her food suggestions, which is always appreciated. We ordered a bunch of things to share and the larger plates came out already split for us so they would be easier to pass around. Overall a great experience and wonderful food with great friends. I am sure we will be going back!Special Features:
- The owner took the tuna tartarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012The owner took the tuna tartar appy. Please bring it back. It was my favorite!! So disappointed when we couldn't get it!Special Features:
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2012This is a great restaurant , yet it unfortunately deserves a great chef - which it does not have! We love the building, the location, the server and the outdoor dining. The food was uninspired thick and indelicate.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencefriendsdiningDined on 8/7/2012What a find! Restaurant week menus are usually made of smaller portions. Each of the 3 offerings (appetizer,entree,dessert), was quite large and may I add delicious. We four diners offer up the same review. Outstanding in every aspect. Crush was able to accommodate a gluten free diner with ease even offering a flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Each dish was served at the proper temperature by a knowledgeable and cheerful waitress (Rebecca). We will return!!!Special Features:
- After work rewardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Do not know what "foodies" means, but I found the menu delightful and great variety. The food was perfect. The TV was a bit too loud, but it was the Olympics and we were there very early. On the high end price wise, especially the wine by the glass, but the food is worth the price. We had the Restaurant Week specials and they were fabulous.Special Features:
- Went for Baltimore RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2012Went for Baltimore Restaurant week and really enjoyed the menu choices!Special Features:
- Seated immediately in theFussyVIPDined on 8/4/2012Seated immediately in the back of the restaurant (as I had requested). Order was taken and appetizers arrived in a timely fashion and then it took nearly an hour for the entrees to arrive. After we complained to the waiter a couple of times the owner of the restaurant came over and apologized and subsequently made an adjustment to our check. We will definitely be back as the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Great food..but had to waitbmorefoodieDined on 8/3/2012Great food..but had to wait 10 min before we even got water..another 10 to get a drink and the waiter never came back to.check how we were doing.Special Features:
- Visited during restaurantJones4076Dined on 8/2/2012Visited during restaurant week and it was well worth it. Even with a set menu the food and service was great and their dessert was A+. Will definitely visit again.Special Features: