CR's The Restaurant
287 Exeter Road
Hampton, NH 03842Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CR's The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crstherestaurant.com/
- Phone: (603) 929-7972
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - 4:00p.m.- 8:00p.m Dinner
Monday - Thursday - 11:30am-2:30pm Lunch 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner
Friday - !1:30am - 2:30pm Lunch 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Dinner
Saturday - 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Veatch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: CR's The Restaurant hosts both luncheon and dinner events at the restaurant. The Private Tuscan Dining Room is available for your special event or corporate function. The Tuscan Room will comfortably seat 45 for an elegant sit down dinner or up to 55 for a cocktail party. The entire restaurant can also be booked for larger events of up to 180 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Sault 6039297972x
A word from CR's The Restaurant
Classic American Fare with an eclectic twist and a Farm to Table consciousness. Expansive and Unique Wine by the Glass list with Local Craft Beers on Draft and an impressive Cocktail List.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CR's The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A fabulous place for a fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014From the outstanding decor to the great menu and the spectacular food CR's the Restaurant is a place to experience. The Lamb Shank was the best I ever had .The Halibut Entree tasted like It had come directly from the fishing boat to our table. The bar area is very cozy and great for just drinks and appetizers if you don't feel like a full meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous new restaurant in HamptonPippyDined on 11/22/2014We had a great dinner the other night at CR's. The menu offered a nice variety and the fish was not farm raised. Everything was cooked to perfection and came out hot! The restaurant is quite lovely and the only thing negative about the ambiance is that some of the tables are too close to each other. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CR and staff bring back upscale casual to NHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014From the furniture to décor to menu we felt back at home with CR's blend of food and ambiance. Service is superb with a feeling that you've returned a for another visit. Seared tuna was seasoned and cooked to perfection. Halibut was fresh and paired will with white bean and fennel. A fantastic restaurant where the chef and staff give you an evening of food pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but ChillyFitFoodieDined on 11/21/2014The food was fantastic and I loved the atmosphere, but the fact that it was freezing inside ruined things for me. Our table was practically on too of two other tables which was a little awkward. Our server was very friendly and the food was delicious - we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit and will definitely be back.Jim427Dined on 11/18/2014Great atmosphere, service, food and a staff that actually listens and is genuinely happy to work there. Lamb was perfect and as good or better than restaurants in rural England and Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck holds true to himself with CRFronkensteinDined on 11/18/2014Food and service were excellent as expected. Prices are high ($100 w/tip for two without starters or alcohol) and portion could be a bit more robust. However the atmosphere was very pleasant, waitstaff was attentive and seating comfortable. Our sender Arthur provided us with exceptional care in a personal and friendly manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediumDined on 11/17/2014Our waitress Stephanie was very good. She had a good sense of timing in that she knew when to check in and when to let us be and not interrupt our conversation. I found the food to be only fair. The salmon and veggies looked interesting on the plate but the salmon had cooled down when it got to me and the veggies while nicely prepared didn't grab my taste buds. My husband's scallops were underdone. The ambiance was pleasant and the noise level and lighting were fine, all of which are important to me.Special Features:
- PerfectHollmarkVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have been here at least 4 times since they have opened ! Waitstaff is fantastic , food is outstanding , great cozy spot , they acknowledge out return each time, everything we order is fantastic and anything you want to change on menu they are happy to oblige ! My husband keeps ordering the pork it's on top of a delicious Mac and cheese! I have tried a lot of different meals all of them outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed dinerKKfoodieDined on 11/14/2014we looked forward to going to CR's in Hampton as we frequently went to the very-much-missed CR Sparks in Bedford , and occasionally to the wonderful Hanover Street Chop House. The food in our opinion was definitely not up to the owner's standards as in his other 2 restaurants. The best part of the meal was the roasted beet salad which was not part of the 3-course Restaurant-Week menu. The seafood dip was served with broken pieces of crackers...certainly not an impressive presentation! We had to eat the balance of the dip with a fork. The meatballs were only slightly warm...probably as a result of waiting under a warmer for the seafood dip to come out of the oven??? My husband said his chicken saltimbocca was ok, but tasteless as well as the mashed potatoes were flavorless and his brussel sprouts were hard??? My lamb Chops were were the rack-of-lamb lollipop style, and while good, 1 of the chops had more fat/grissle than meat. Deserts were fine. Our bottle of wine was good as that was our choice. All in All, the experience was NOT BAD, but in our foodie world, that really means we unfortunately have to say..."not good enough to return"
- First encounterCmistDined on 11/12/2014This was our first visit to CR since they opened at the old Bonta. Clean open environment, courteous and attentive staff. Ate off the restaurant week select menu. Food was good not extraordinary. Will try it again see how the house menu works out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new additionmeeboDined on 11/10/2014Easy to find and convient to 95 and 101 CR's has added a new dimension to the Seacoast dininng seen. Creative menu of locally sourced products makes for an enjoyable dinning experience. We went during restaraunt week, which is a challenge for most places, and were extremely pleased with our meal. The venue is only a month old so there are still some service quirks being addressed but ginven the quality of the offerings CR's should enjoy a long run. Much like eating in downtown Portsmouth but with parking right at the door!Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/9/2014Although food is excellent, CR's needs to focus on customer service. We came for Restaurant Week, & learned they were already out of the main item on the special menu. After almost an hour, we still had not received our appetizers, then one person was served & not the other. Entrees were fine, but wrong dessert was served, to which waitress replied, "Guess that's 3 strikes." (No apology) When they start paying attention to the dining experience, this might become a good restaurant.
- Good Change of paceckinnhDined on 11/9/2014CR's has a terrific selection of small and large plates. Good flavors and combinations. Terrific version of NE clam chowder. Chili rubbed Tuna is a must try. We will return definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceMargaretDined on 11/8/2014The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. The dining area is cozy and elegant. The food was pretty good. Certain items were very good such as the meatballs, but other items were just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Food and atmosphere were fabulous! Kitchen was very slow. We waited a long time for our meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014This was our first visit but we will go again. The food was excellent, as was the service. What particularly impressed us was how accomodating the hostesse was. We were there on a busy Friday night and were seated directly across from the door, where there was a cold draft every time someone entered. We inquired about switching tables and they could not have been nicer. A class act!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening PlaceDFreeDined on 11/7/2014Food was very good. Vibrant ambiance. Not recommended for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great first visitlive2eatDined on 11/7/2014Had a great meal with excellent service, very friendly and interactive. Great job for being open only 4 weeks. Will definately be returning, especially want to try other menu items, such as lamb shank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cassieDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant was completely full. The food was average and service was on the slow side.Special Features:
- Birthday disappointmentfrndlydnersDined on 10/31/2014My husband surprised me by bringing me to CR for my birthday, we were big fans of CR Sparks. We were both cold, turn up the heat! Our server was loud and somewhat obnoxious. He interfered with our conversation at least 4 times to ask us if everything was ok, and felt as though he should loudly announce basically everything we ordered. The beet salad was mostly that, very little greens.We waited 45 minutes for the entree even though the dining area was not even close to capacity. I might have gotten to actually eat half of my bone in ribeye, the majority of it was fat and gristle and the dish alone was poorly presented. My husband's pasta was overcooked and mushy, as were the artichokes that came with it. Not even close to Sparks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Most enjoyable evening, server had excellent knowledge of food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, food was okwatermon2671Dined on 10/29/2014We had great service but the food was just ok. I had Statler chicken that I could have made better at home and the broccoli rab was inedible. The halibut was cooked medium rare and the white bean sauce had zero flavor. This restaurant opened a couple of weeks ago but they should have more of the basics worked out by now. Will not go back. Too many other great restaurants to choose from.
- Great new restaurant on seacoast!QueenieDined on 10/28/2014Excellent dinner! I had swordfish that was wonderfully moist with tasty sauteed spinach. My Mom had delicious grilled salmon. My h sband and Dad both raved about their scallops with roasted squash! Great wine list! Great ambiance. A tad noisy but the great food makes up for that. Chuck Rolochek and Chef Chris have done it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CR's The Restaurant - Exceptional!TonyDined on 10/27/2014I heard that renowned restaurateur Chuck Rolecek had opened CR's and had to try it. I was not at all disappointed. The atmosphere and ambiance is right where it needs to be - casually elegant is my term. The cocktail and wine list is fit for any high-end establishment. Th menu is wonderfully diverse including pizza! The waitstaff from the hostess, general manager, and server are all exceptional and attentive, just the right mix. I was there with my son for dinner - they made us feel special and we were never hurried. We had a starter, salads, entrees, dessert and coffee - everything came [at the right time] and was prepared to perfection. The price point is perfect.Special Features:
- alfrn26Dined on 10/25/2014Great find in Hampton. I think they still have a few minor kinks to work out but I would definitely return soon. I had the scallops; god choice, but my only constructive criticism would be that 4 scallops should be standard rather than 3...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Date NightSaturdaydatenightDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I traveled close to an hour to try this new restaurant for the first time - our Saturday date night. The location was easy to find; the ambiance was very nice and the food was outstanding. The only draw back was that the service was very slow. If you have 3 hours for dinner, then I'd recommend this restaurant for the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Needs improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had an early reservation and we were seated promptly. Placed at tables that were small and close together. We could hear the conversation of the couple next to us. Not really how we wanted to celebrate. Server gave us water then it took 20 minutes to get a drink after asking 3 different servers. Our waitress was busy but there were 5 others standing doing nothing. After finally ordering it seemed to improve. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneScottDined on 10/24/2014As someone who frequented this restaurant when it was Bonta, we are very pleased with the changes. I give a 10/10 and we will definitely be back many times in the future. Well done...Special Features:
- Still too newbiccaDined on 10/18/2014We were a big fan of CR Sparks in Bedford so could not wait to try the new restaurant. We had early reservations on their first Saturday night. Drinks - Martinis' were warm despite asking that they be extra chilled. Food was good but not great. We had the tuna appetizer - just ok. My husband said his steak was perfect but the sides were lackluster. I ordered the scallops - not bad but not something I would order again. We ordered deserts but they never arrived so we cancelled them. Service was uneven. You could tell that it was just due to the restaurant being so new. The place was packed by 8:00 and both the staff and kitchen must have been trying to keep up. The restaurant has all the makings of a great place and just needs more time.Special Features:
- Grand OpeningfoodforcathVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had 8:00 dinner reservations and went with another couple. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for our table even though I booked through Open Table. They ran out of the scallops that were listed on the menu. Our friends ordered pumpkin crème Brule. It tasted nothing like pumpkin or crème Brule as it was not crystallized on top either. Disappointing dessert. The place is nice and the rest of the food was very good. Portions are good. It was the first week so it was a little crazy. We would like to go back and try the other entrees on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the CR's The Restaurant reviews archive.