Crow's Nest - Hotel Captain Cook
939 West 5th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Crow's Nest - Hotel Captain Cook
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.captaincook.com/dining/crows-nest
- Phone: 9073432217
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Chef De' Cuisine Reuben Gerber
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Crow's Nest offers two semi-private rooms that can hold up to 14 and 18. One completely private room that can hold up to 10.
A word from Crow's Nest - Hotel Captain Cook
Innovative French and New American cuisine, paired with an outstanding selection of over 10,000 bottles of wine. 360 degree views of downtown Anchorage, Chugach Mountain Range and Cook Inlet. Experience Alaska’s finest, at the Hotel Captain Cook.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Crow's Nest - Hotel Captain Cook - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Crow's Nest - Hotel Captain Cook reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (78)romantic (60)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (10)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- PerfectTommyDined on 10/21/2014Great date. Great food and ambiance. A special place for Alaskans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewsMiamiDineGalDined on 10/18/2014While visiting Anchorage, hubby & I went for dinner at the Crow's Nest. Service was a little slow at first.. but very courteous. Plates we ordered:The Fresh Oysters w/ the Watermelon Sorbet, an enjoyable and unique surprise. Elk Loin was a little too "rare". We were told it was the only way they prepare it, so I was a little disappointed at having to eat a steak that displeased me. My husband's Alaskan Black Cod was SUPERB! Prices are a little high... but there's a price for the ambiance/views. Dessert menu doesn't offer much of a selection, and the waiter HIGHLY suggested the Banana Split. It was ok.. but nothing to rave about. Go for the views, the exclusive service, and order the fresh fish in their menu.Special Features:
- Pricey but the view is worth it!GustarsalieracenarDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I spent $160 with out Alcohol, the sunset was fantastic. The food was great. This was our first time at the Crow's Nest - every time over the last few years we've tried to eat there impromptu the restaurant is either full or had a very long wait.Special Features:
- Overall experienceReallyDined on 10/16/2014Fisrt, we wanted a nice bottle of german wine. We told our waiter what we were looking for. Very dry reisling. The bottle he selected was not dry. Second, I ordered the $58 melt in yor mouth New York strip. It was everything but melt in your mouth. The only thing that saved it was it was a good cut of meat and the garnishments. Last, our waiter had no situational awareness. It was our 10 yr anniversary. I gave a gift to open. While she was opening the gift i was recording with my phone. I wanted to catch that special moment but instead our waiter walks up and starts talking to us. ??? I had to stop recording and it killed the moment. Very last thing... If you are dinning in, DO NOT sit at the table next to the steps. Picture time!!Special Features:
- Crow's Nest - AnchorageAKcoupleDined on 10/13/2014The Crow's Nest at the Captain Cook Hotel long ago established a certain standard of quality for fine dining in Anchorage, AK and has maintained it ever since. For a special occasion dining experience, the Crow's Nest is one of our first choices and it has never disappointed us. Food quality, preparation and service has always been top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food high priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The service was great the food was terrible. When I pay $44 for a steak I don't expect half of it to be fat and tough. Terrible overpriced food. Go to Club Paris if you want a great steak.Special Features:
- Great Locationluv2dineaswellDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful ambiance. Great presentation. Portions small. A little pricey wine list. Would like to see more selections for steaks. Paella could have had more seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertRobertDined on 9/27/2014Extensive modern menu . Interesting combinations of flavours. Low salt and appropriate sized portions for European palate. Vegetarian/ meat light options poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neptune5Dined on 9/24/2014Waited one hour and fifteen minutes with bread only to show for it. Waitress was overwhelmed and not polite who we saw once. Overpriced for everything. Half pound of king crabs for $68.00 with little meat which did not pass for an appetizer. $72.00 to share a seafood dish not worth $10.00. I've never written a review before but this was the worst $200.00 plus bill we've ever had. We still left the assistant waitress a $35.00 tip as he was nice but lost!
- Great service and yummmmmWahooDined on 9/23/2014Jenny and Tom and their support team were excellent! So knowledgable and intuitive. The good was superb . Oysters with melon and what was the green pickled bit? Black cod and oxtail and gnocchi .....I ate every bit . The elk!!!!! Wow . We even had dessert.....and the view/corner table was remarkable as the night went on . We may have overstayed our welcome but will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 40th anniversary it was never acknowledged the hostess was very rude to us we won't be celebrating at your restaurant again
- Business DinnerMKS1Dined on 9/19/2014Overlooking the city, the dinner was as expected. The meals were prepared as ordered and the wine complemented the dishes. A very nice atmosphere to enjoy the evening with business colleagues. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food was great and the service was immaculate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view with wonderful serviceRitzDiningguruDined on 9/15/2014A perfect place to fine in Alaska. Feel free to order multiple courses as they are sized for a 3-4 course meal. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + service + view = winDmitryBVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great food, excellent service and you can't beat the view of the mountains from the tallest building in Anchorage! No tasting menu, but our waitress helped us create one with the bunch of appetizers and shared entrees. Overall, a perfect dining choice to top up your Alaskan vacation.Special Features:
- Web reservations, AMAZING ALL AROUNOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I may have missed it on your website but I did not see any place to check inlet view or anchorage view. I surprised my wife and came home early from the slope to treat her to a special dinner with a view. I made the reservations well in advance (3weeks). Upon arrival we were seated on the anchorage side. I had envisioned sitting on the inlet side as my wife is new to alaska and wanted her to see the beauty of the inlet. I was immediately upset so I asked the hostess if we may be able to switch sides. She informed me that the other side was full. So when our waiter showed up I explained him the situation and the plans I had for our first anniversary. He pulled some strings and got a table cleared and we were moved to the other side. PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in the White Frontier1timecruizerDined on 9/11/2014The wine and dinner selection were excellent including presentation. The king crab was the final special dining choice for our Alaska tour and well worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking view Excellent CuisineLitiVIPDined on 9/10/2014We dined at the Crow's Nest at the top of the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage after returning from a cruise and time in Denali. After the ho hum cruise food and rustic atmosphere of the Denali, we were enveloped in a comfortable exquisite experience. The service was outstanding as was the food and beverage offerings. At some point, I think we forgot we were in Alaska except for all the superb fresh seafood offerings. This is a must visit, if you are in Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff4a1stClassViewDined on 9/1/2014Very, very friendly service from all staff; from the moment we walked in the hotel, to the greetings when we arrived at the Crow's Nest!Special Features:
- Best Fine DiningSnowcapDined on 8/30/2014The food is outstanding and service to match. Window views of Cook Inlet or mountains. You can park in their covered parking lot and they pick up the tab. Enjoy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerWeavDined on 8/25/2014View, food and service was great. Enjoy the crows nest every time we go would recommend it for a romantic evening. Thanks to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely anniversary dinnerdiningduoDined on 8/23/2014An evening to enjoy a memorable anniversary dinner was anticipated and we were very pleased with our celebration. The service from the reception, seating, ordering and wine selection was superb. The wine offering was note worthy and the sommelier very attentive to our selection. The prime rib eyes were prepared perfectly for each of us and divine!! Five star dining!Special Features:
- Our placeRegularDined on 8/21/2014We enjoy the quality facility, service and food at the Crow's Nest. It supports the message that I truly care about the person I take to dinner at this facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNorthernLadyDined on 8/18/2014I went to the Crow's nest for a celebration dinner with my sister, and we had a fantastic time. Both the serivce and the food were excellent. I look forward to dining there agin in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceHydra2Dined on 8/16/2014I had a great first time the food was amazing the view was perfect and to top it off the waiter was kind knowledgable of the food and answered my questions with confidence. I will defiantly go again and probably ask for the same waiter every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Too expensive and not a large enough menu to choose from. Too much on the French side. Too stuffy of an atmosphere...including waiters and reception people...wished we had not wasted our money there.
- Go-to for special occasionsakdineDined on 8/15/2014As always, the Crow's nest does not disappoint! We went there for my husband's retirement and our guests enjoyed the view while we enjoyed wonderful martinis, wine, and cuisine.Special Features:
- amazing2geosDined on 8/14/2014Amazing....oysters with salted melon sorbet & cilantro, crispy - skinned silver salmon on zucchini latke with roasted butternut coulis, great sourdough & olive warm bread, shared poached pear with gorgonzola old ice cream & panacotti with cayenne bicotti for dessert. Genuinely friendly, unobtrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views, fine cuisineSeachelDined on 8/14/2014Crow's Nest restaurant sits at the top of one of the Captain Cook's hotel towers. The service is charming, the cuisine excellent (and I am french). Our silver salmon was perfectly cooked and the blueberry sauce a very good idea. The dessert (white expresso panna cotta) was very refined and really delicious. To top it all, the views on the mountains, the city and the sea (Cook inlet) are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantfundiningDined on 8/11/2014had a super meal and service by tom was th ebest!! he knew his food and Alaska!! may the meal which was super even more enjoyable!! his suggestions you should go for!!!Special Features:
- Always amazingElfyDined on 8/9/2014Took mom there for her 62nd birthday, and it was all perfect. They even wrote happy birthday in chocolate on her banana split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSprityblueangel02Dined on 8/7/2014It was our anniversary and they add us a wonderful dessert plate. We also got an amazing banana dessert. The food was to die for and the server was very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for visiting AnchorageDrRyanDined on 7/29/2014The scenery, ambiance, foods, drinks and pleasant personnel is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNolando14Dined on 7/26/2014Dinner with my wife during our honeymoon was a great experience. While the wine, food and service were excellent- the real star is the sunset view of the mountains to the north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve & LouiseSMG1Dined on 7/22/2014Food is excellent and so is the service. However, even for Alaska, the food is expensive. After eating here, we ate at several other superb restaurants that were such less expensive, but with no view. So we guess that's it.Special Features:
- Miserably slowLoving8comasDined on 7/11/2014Miserably slow, the blonde waitress was busy trying to chit chat the next table THe food FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER the oysters were foul, the tab was HIGH Do not go here for dinner only for a drink!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!LisaAgnewDined on 7/7/2014We had family in town and ended up bringing our two sons, ages 7 and 2. Our servers were absolutely wonderful. For a restaurant that is typically not child friendly, they were able to accomodate our requests. The food is exceptional! Be warned that this is not a place to eat on the budget; nevertheless, every bit of the bill was well worth the service, food and experience! Will recommend to anyone who is looking for a real treat in Anchorage! I will continue coming here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Food, Poor Service for the CostapexMSDined on 7/7/2014For the price, the food isn't good enough to stand on it's own with poor service. At a fine dining establishment I don't expect the waitress and her assistant to forget to bring us menus, forget a drink that I ordered at the bar (until I had to remind her), etc. Food wasn't bad, just not to the standard where you're willing to put up with mediocre service.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experience.NdiggityDined on 7/5/2014Nice atmosphere with spectacular views. The food and service are always superb. The maître'd and wait staff are very personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid all aroundDavidDined on 7/3/2014Good and elegant food with an excellent view. A little pricey for what comes though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.