Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre and Restaurant
3207 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crownuptown.com/
- Phone: 3166127696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Matinee: Thursday - Sunday: 11:00am - 12:15pm.
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 5:45pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gillenwater
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater to any size and can accommodate any type of food whether it be casual or fine dining.
- Private Party Facilities: Our TRADITIONS VIP LOUNGE can seat up to 30 for dinner service, it also comes with a private bar and lounge chairs to relax next to the fireplace.
The Crown is also available for large private parties, to rent the facility please call 316-612-7696.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew S Rumsey 3166127696
A word from Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre and Restaurant
The Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre is the premier Dinner Theatre in Kansas providing 4 Broadway style shows a week complimented by locally renowned Executive Chef Kevin Gillenwater.Continued
The Crown has been a local tradition in Wichita since 1977 and has been providing lasting memories since.
The Crown has been a local tradition in Wichita since 1977 and has been providing lasting memories since.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- family of 4kstatemomDined on 6/13/2014We went to see Shrek the musical. It was a great show. The food was good and the service was super. A wonderful evening of family entertainment.Special Features:
- For Upscale OnlyWarcoachDined on 2/15/2014If you like small portions of food with pretentious names, this meal is for you. If you would like a real meal for a dinner, eat before you come.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food howeverPinkeeDined on 2/1/2014I enjoyed the food however I had an allergic reaction the next day from what I had eaten. Possibly from the salad and the sesame crusted tilapia. The service was phenomenal James and the other staff made me feel comfortable with it being my first time attending. The performance was very professional however the content was a bit offensive to me, that's was just a personal opinion. All the performers were first class, I would love to any one of them in another performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodredyrnotDined on 1/31/2014the food had a good flavor and was cook well, but was not very hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!LindyDined on 12/22/2013Wonderful afternoon seeing my favorite Christmas movie in a live production. The cast was outstanding. The service from the staff was excellent. Food was great. Looking forward to seeing Miracle on 34th Street in 2014. Will recommend Crown Uptown to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, the show wasBlandChristmasDined on 12/21/2013Loved the food, the show was an absolute disappointment. I will not be coming backSpecial Features:
- white xmasmk007Dined on 12/19/2013This was one of the best programs I have ever seen. I will be a season ticket holder from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013The atmosphere was awesome. A beautiful theater! The wedge salad was difficult to deal with. The bisque was fantastic. The main course of ham or chicken (we had both) was delicious. The service was friendly and courteous. Our sever did a great job and at a nearby table went above and beyond with a group that was there. It was expensive for our normal eating out tastes, but with the amazing show, we have no regrets.Special Features:
- Overall was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Overall was a great experience and we will definitely be back. The service was very good except when the tables started filling up then the server didn't return quite as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Christmasgrandfatherof2Dined on 12/8/2013I took my wife, mother, and granddaughter to the Production White Christmas. The show was great and even kept my 6 year old granddaughter occupied for the almost three hour production. The food was reasonable however it seemed as though some of the items had been kept in the warmer too long and weren't very fresh. I would have hoped for the smaller crowd that the food would have been less "production line" and more individual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Intro to Holiday SeasonAaronDined on 11/30/2013My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the overall experience. The theater was nicely decorated for Christmas and the ambiance was very festive and fun. The food was good and the price was very fair. I suspect our server was new or overwhelmed because he was not very attentive and slow to respond to our needs. He was pleasant but not well trained. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasurable diningSibHuskyMomDined on 11/30/2013It was a pleasurable dining experience, the food was great. The entertainment was the highlight of the evening! The Crown Uptown put on an amazing show and delivered an excellent meal! I was glad that they had table service now, as opposed to the buffet style it was the last time I was there(a long time ago) . It really made the flow of things go so much better.Special Features:
- Very Entertainingbuhhda17Dined on 11/29/2013Had a wonderful time of Good Food and Entertainment. Everyone should go and experience this establishment sometime in the near future. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White ChristmastandtDined on 11/29/2013We went to see White Christmas and decided to add the dinner for $15 additional, we were not disappointed. The food was very good and service was excellent. The quality of the musical was professional. I would recommend to anyone in the Wichita area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Christmas2fordinnerDined on 11/15/2013White Christmas is one of my favorite Holiday classics. The show was outstanding, however the meal was just ok. Not bad, but not great. I would definitely recommend the show to anyone who enjoyed the movie, but maybe grab dinner someplace else first. I had been here once prior when it was buffet style and had hopes for a better dining experience this time around, but the show more than made up for the sub-par meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unUnfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The salad was good. Who could mess up a wedge of lettuce. This is a 65 dollar per person evening. The main dish was less than a ounce of meat. The vegetable were covered with vinegar. And the stuffed potato was mashed potatoes with something in it. The tomato bist was warm. The lava cake was a cupcake . The play was too long but good.Special Features:
- Great experience!sdgalinksDined on 11/8/2013We enjoyed our time at Crown immensely! The entire experience was fantastic. The food was really great; the service was friendly, timely, and all-around outstanding; and the show was exceptionally well-done. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sevice is spot on. ThePeacockDined on 10/19/2013The sevice is spot on. The staff seems happy you are there. the food is very fairly priced. Love a local spot that allows us to celebrate Wichita. Like having the locals on stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks! GREATgarveysDined on 10/18/2013Great food and drinks! GREAT performance! We are so lucky to have the Crown Uptown in Wichita.Special Features:
- Fun nightLynnDined on 10/18/2013If you want a fun night with family or friends, leisurely enjoying dinner before a great theatrical performance, you will want to come to Crown Uptown Theater!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!occasionaldipperDined on 10/13/2013The food was wonderful, although I felt a little odd eating when so few others were. The show was fabulous, my 21 year-old daughter was absolutely enthralled! Cats is her favorite musical and being seated so close to the stage was exciting, only beaten by the fact some of the cast members made regular trips by her. It couldn't have been any better and was definitely worth the time and trouble we went through to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowzatxtuckerDined on 9/14/2013I was totally impressed with this dining experience. I brought my 75 year old mother here for her birthday, not knowing what to expect. We were both more than pleased with our meal. The food was delicious and the service outstanding! The pumpkin bisque was awesome and everything else was perfect ! We were so impressed that we are already planning on coming back and bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseJayCarrieDined on 9/14/2013My husband surprised me for my birthday with a trip to the Uptown Dinner Theater. The pictures made me think we were going to be sitting at tables with strangers. I was surprised to find a table for two with candlelight and linens. The food was amazing and I loved the plated service (not a buffet fan). The menu changes with each showing. The spiced pumpkin bisque was delicious and the brisket was fork tender. Service was outstanding. The show, Cats, was wonderful. We are already planning our next trip for the Christmas showing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining EveningkstatemomDined on 9/13/2013Great food and a wonderful show. The whole family enjoyed the entertaining show CATS! They have a lot of talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... amazing show...MicaDined on 8/23/2013Great food... amazing show... going to become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!CowgirlDined on 7/20/2013It was our first time to the Crown Uptown and we WILL be back!!! The food was great and the entertainment did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Daynettibug60Dined on 7/20/2013It was my mother's 74th birthday and my sister, who has been in the Cabaret for years (years ago) was in town. I planned the evening and prayed they would enjoy. They LOVED it. The food was good, the atmosphere fit the occasion. The cast was wonderful and the show exceptional. Our waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable even though it was like his first or second day. A great experience and we will do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertKelliDined on 6/28/2013We thought the dessert was part of the package deal. The dinner was good but the dessert needed a little work. Overall great experience and great show. I will take in another show but may pass on dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time for allLoriDined on 6/8/2013We had a group of 8, 4 of whom had never been before. The remodel and upgrades were great. Loved the table service! Really enjoyed Little Women. My only complaint was that we were there too long before the show. We arrived at 5:30 and the show started at :7:30. For this particular group that was too much waiting in between, but for many people that would have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special evening!TablerockDined on 4/27/2013What a wonderful way to spend an evening. Great service, 3 plated entre options served at your table, and Broadway talent. The dessert options were unbelievable! Can't wait for the next show!Special Features:
- Live theatre and relaxed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Live theatre and relaxed dining experience!!! A very nice combination!Special Features:
- This was our first time goingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013This was our first time going here. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Show and DinnerHeartRNDined on 4/11/2013This was our third visit to this venue since new owners assumed control of the theatre, and we have yet to be disappointed. While they always have three entree choices as well as multiple desert choices, the staff is wonderful about accommodating special dietary requests, and the service has been spectacular. On this visit, I went with two coworkers to see Annie Get Your Gun, and we definately had a memorable girls night out. The actors are superb, especially for such a small venue, and great care is taken to ensure an enjoyable experience. Review your evening shows to ensure appropriateness for children, but the theatre also offers children's productions, though I have never been to one of these.Special Features:
- I found the food to be tooOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I found the food to be too rich and I would have preferred at least to have a salad bar. The show was entertaining. Overall, I felt this experience was "over priced" for my tastes.Special Features:
- I was surprised at how deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013I was surprised at how delicious the food was!! Amazing - and I am particular. The play was also quite good!!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the production,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Really enjoyed the production, great food, waiter was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Noticed not much of a crowd for whatever reason that night. We sat in the middle section near the right side. Large black curtain nearby seem to let in cold air. A little uncomfortable. However, we enjoyed the evening and look forward to doing it again.Special Features:
- Church Basement Ladies IVOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This is our third time to the Crown and we saw Church Basement Ladies IV. Excellent show. Funny. Good for an outing with the wife or girlfriend.Special Features:
- The Crown is a beautiful venue.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The Crown is a beautiful venue. Our waiter was exceeding sweet, however, we waited for 20 minutes to get our salad and drink order. The salad honestly consisted of a handful of bagged lettuce with about 1 tsp of oil dressing on it. No tomatoes, croutons, carrots, nothing. For just a few extra cents, you could make that salad into something nice to start the night off on a good note. The soup and corn bread were good and the the short ribs over potatoes were very good. We saw "Church Basement Ladies" and the acting was very good. I thought the drinks were very overpriced. Overall, a great place to visit and I'm so glad it's in Wichita. The actors are always top notch!
- They serve fries but no ketchupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012They serve fries but no ketchup - not kid friendly.Special Features:
- I took my parents to the CrownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012I took my parents to the Crown Uptown while they were visiting from out-of-state, and they loved it. We each chose a different entree, and all of them were delicious. The portions are generous. The show was first-rate. Our only complaint was that the temperature was chilly, and we noticed several people put on their coats during the show.Special Features: