823 5th Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatcrow.com/
- Phone: (206) 283-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday and Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Area can accommodate up to 30 seated guests and can be separated from the main dining room by a large red velvet curtain.
- Private Party Contact: Philip Van Seters 2062838800
A word from Crow
Conveniently located in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood, not five minutes from downtown Seattle, Crow is blocks from Seattle Center and its myriad of attractions (Seattle Opera, theatres, concerts, sports, etc.). Our unique urban location combines a vibrant yet neighborhood atmosphere. We have a chef's counter and full dining room with a private dining area reservable for up to 30 people. We have a full bar and an international wine list recognized for its exceptional values. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Crow reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (84)special occasion (37)romantic (37)hot spot (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Sancerreursel1Dined on 5/10/2014ADDING THE SANCERRE TO THE WINE LIST WAS A GREAT STROKE!Special Features:
- Dinner at CROW before the opera150milestodineDined on 5/3/2014We live in Vancouver BC and visit Seattle five or six times a year. We regularly stay in the Queen Anne area and have eaten at CROW three times. We have thoroughly enjoyed all visits to CROW. The drinks, food, wines and desserts we ordered during each visit were all great, and the service - staff/timing/presentation - has also been consistently great. We look forward to eating at CROW again the next time we travel to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the Center, excellent foodKaseyDined on 5/1/2014When we eat at Crow, we are usually on our way to a performance of some kind at the Seattle Center. The staff is very good at getting you out in time to make your show. Even with time constraints, the food, at least, salads, appetizers, and entrees, are excellent. The desserts may be great as well, we've never tried themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyieattoomuchDined on 4/27/2014Over the past year, we have dined at Crow 3 times, usually with 4 or more people. Consequently, we have had an opportunity to try many of the dishes they serve, including seasonal selections. The food is consistently great, and the wine list is very reasonably priced (frankly, most labels I don't recognize, but all good). Our service has always been very good, with the servers very knowledgeable about what the restaurant serves. Combine all of this with reasonably priced entrees, and you can't go wrong. I recommend Crow to friends without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We went there for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is LOUD. Not a very romantic time, as we shouted at each other all night, but the food was to die for. Will come back, but not for a quiet dinner for two! They were very busy, and service was a bit slow. Darling waitress though.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencekrs1211Dined on 4/26/2014Came here for dinner before going to a play, and the food was incredible, as was the wine. The halibut special was delicious, and so was the asparagus soup special. We also tried the tagliatelle pesto which was out of this world. All the different mushrooms they used really added to the flavors of all the dishes. We were really pleased with the wine selection too. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the desserts were also. We couldn't decide on just one and ended up getting one of each!Special Features:
- Delicious food; accommodating staffHSSEATTLEVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our group of 10, made up of foodies, kids, and people with highly restricted diets was well served and delighted with the food and drinks. I had the Madras Curry Mussels as an entree and their "Eighteen Dollar Manhattan," which is really $12 and was a great conversation piece in addition to being the best Manhattan I've ever had. The mussels were so delicious! Apparently, the pork and New York Strip steaks were also fabulous and looked juicy. Certainly they were huge portions.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeBrandonDined on 4/25/2014Great place, small menu but perfect food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- PerfectionDisappointedDined on 4/16/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. I will return as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always well-prepared, fresh food.GerpVIPDined on 4/12/2014We often go to Crow before an event at the Seattle Center. The basic menu stays the same, but there are always seasonal additions. The options are unusual and interesting. The food is always well-prepared and well-served. The wine list has an excellent selection of reasonably priced wines. It can be rather dark inside -- there are limited windows and it is fairly noisey. There are some booths. You can also sit up at the food/kitchen bar and watch them prepare the food which is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!Chitownfoodies2Dined on 4/11/2014My husband and I were in Seattle for two days and we love great food! I made this reservation after reading that it was a favorite neighborhood restaurant not far from our hotel. The wine choices were selective but each glass we had was wonderful, our server knew a lot about all of the wines. Their menu is smaller but wonderfully eclectic! We had oysters, grape leave wrapped cheese, lamb sausage, wild nettle pesto pasta...every bite completely amazing! The restaurant is a little loud but our server was great, very personable. He only teased me a little when I ordered two oysters, then realizing how wonderfully fresh they were, I ordered two more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great food!RyanMDined on 4/9/2014Pros: Good portions - just right - not too big where you have to lug it home and not to small making you hungry later. Great flavor - Best roasted chicken I've had in a LONG time, superb sauce with nice crispy skin and tender meat. Their meat plate is also tasty. You get a half leg but its pretty big. Tasty cocktails as well. Great location with easy to find parking in a quiet neighborhood, just set off the main avenues. Cons: Terrible acoustics. It was a bit loud, having to practically yell to have a conversation. Drinks are on the high end of pricing. Limited by the glass selection as well. Seats aren't the most comfortable, leaving you not wanting to stay a little longer - not that you can have a good conversation anyway.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014It's been awhile since we have been here, but the food was delicious. Try the cauliflower salad, yum! A lively place for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Ate here before a performance at On the Boards. The server was great, with a big smile on her face. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious pre-theater dinnerlindaDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I had never been to Crow but decided to try it before our theater performance. We had a table next to the window and were quickly greeted by our server who was very attentive and friendly throughout. The food was well paced and delicious. I had a tender steak done as I had requested and my husband had Halibut, the fish special. Salads were cold and crisp with just the right amount of dressing. The wine list provided enough choices as well. The creme brulee we shared was delicious with raspberries mixed in. All and all a very pleasant experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- LOVE Crow!TAE2013Dined on 3/28/2014We really enjoy our dinners at Crow. The menu is the right size and the specials are divine. We had the chicken, lasagna and halibut. YUM!Special Features:
- Had a group of ten and theyKarlyDined on 3/23/2014Had a group of ten and they were very accommodating. A Sunday night at Crow is still busy with couples, groups and more enjoying the food, wine and ambiance. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014This was our first visit to Crow. A friend had recommended this spot and provided a GC for Christmas. Though parking was a bit tough - it was the ONLY downside of this restaurant. We had the Chicken and Steak dishes. Both were absolutely delicious! And the portion size was favorable. Overall it was a great experience and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- varietysiriDined on 3/16/2014Menu had a variety of vegetarian, meat and fish.Tuna I had was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with exceptional serviceFalynDined on 3/14/2014I've had the pleasure of dining here many times now and I've never walked away unimpressed. Their food is always great and their service is always amazing no matter who the server. They're friendly and extremely knowledgable about their menu. Will definitely eat here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were stuck in traffic onfoodfanDined on 3/13/2014We were stuck in traffic on the way and arrived late and frazzled. Our server helped us choose food that could be prepared quickly enough for us to make our evening performance on time. What we ordered was delicious, everyone was gracious, and the experience turned our mood around. Great!Special Features:
- Crow about CrowNettieDined on 3/6/2014Great Experience. Good vegatarian choices which I particularly appreciate. We loved the polenta cakes. My only problem is with the noise level. it's so "energetic" that I have to lean forward and cup my ear to hear with one other guest. I know that this level of sound is popular, but I am somewhat older and really enjoy conversation when I dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!nogamoDined on 3/6/2014Crow had been recommended by a friend and I had read some of the reviews. I requested the chefs counter when making the reservation. (glad I did!) We wanted to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. We had a cocktail next door prior to dinner as we were early for our reservation. Cool place to chill after a long drive from out of town. The service (Thanks to Courtney and the Chefs!!) plus the food, wine, drinks were awesome! I had the Bruschetta Chicken and my wife had the Lasagna, both of which are always on the menu. Nice proportions and we loved them both! We definitely are going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!OperagoerVIPDined on 3/5/2014Its been a few years since I had time to eat at Crow before an event at McCaw Hall but I was so glad that we made the effort! Dinner was better than I recalled- Polenta dish with vegetables was amazing, soup and kale salad were great and the tuna was perfectly finished. Our server made everything work well without feeling rushed. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014Exceptional locally distilled cocktails and delicious Oysters. Steak was well prepared and delicious. Lamb Shank was lost in the broth and didn't have a great deal of flavor. Overall very good experience.Special Features:
- Always a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014As frequent Seattle visitors for opera, theater and concerts, we are regular Crowzies. From the reception to the bill delivery Crow is just about perfect -- great bar, excellent regular menu and specials. We have gotten to know many of the staff who treat us like family (well, . . . better, actually!).Special Features:
- Dining Before the OperaAmyKDined on 3/5/2014We dined at Crow prior to attending Seattle Opera. The food is competently cooked and we had an outstanding server who was friendly and prompt. My dining companion had never eaten cassoulet so we ordered that. While it wasn't one of the best I've had, it was meaty and enjoyable. I loved the radicchio, butterhead and arugula salad with blood orange vinaigrette with thin shaved manchego. Usually salad is an after thought but this one had a great balance of texture and flavor. The grilled bruschetta with fresh ricotta and salsa verde was a good sized starter with grilled broccolini and pine nuts for texture. My friend declared the clean, briny Shigoku oysters delicious! These are the reasons Crow has been around for so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner every timeInnessDined on 3/1/2014When my partner's family came to town, I was charged with the task of organizing dinner one night. Our first option fell through, so I scanned OpenTable for restaurants that could handle online reservations for 8 people. Happily, Crow was on the list. I've been to Crow a few times, so I knew that they had an intimate atmosphere, impeccable service, and amazing food. I recommended the chicken, which is totally divine, and almost everyone ordered it (I'm a vegetarian now, so I chose the polenta). We were all delighted with our dinners, and I was relieved to have finally found a way to please everyone in our big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want Variety?ursel1Dined on 3/1/2014Lamb shanks, ahi, casoulet, oysters, three different salads, 4 different wines by the glass, and three different deserts. Great meals for four people! Usual great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a problem at CrowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/26/2014We had a problem with the service at Crow. The waitress apologized but neither the manager or the owner did anything about it. If a restaurant doesn't want to make a customer happy (we made them aware that we weren't happy!) I don't like to return there. I do not recommend this restaurant based on our experience. There are other choices on Queen Anne where the restaurant is motivated to give good customer service.
- Nice spot around Seattle CenterEagerdinerDined on 2/22/2014I'm always looking for restaurants around Seattle Center where we can have a nice dinner prior to going to the theater. This was a great spot for us, near enough to the Rep that we could park once, good food, and a leisurely experience.Special Features:
- small menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014The meal at Crow was good, the entrees were well prepared and service was professional. My only complaint would be the lack of interesting appetizers on the menu. The mussels were wonderful, would like to see several of this kind of offering.
- Anniversary DinnerBrendanDined on 2/21/2014Was a great place to go for an anniversary. Would recommend to anyone. Great atmosphere and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you need to read the menu?GiovanniDined on 2/21/2014If you don't need to see the food you're served, then Crow will do you well. While We were grateful for the candle light that enabled us to read the menu, the inability To distinguish duck meat from duck fat made for some regrettable eating moments. An enormous and bland green salad with little dressing? While the bread is incredibly yummy, The inability to see the food we ordered seemed, well, odd.Special Features:
- Lively but loudServcoDined on 2/19/2014Great service, great food and atmosphere but perhaps a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazing!skittletoezDined on 2/14/2014I loved every entree our group tried and the pecan pie was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been meaning to visitKatherineDined on 2/14/2014I've been meaning to visit for Crow for years and finally dined here on Valentine's Day. Everything was wonderful, I can't believe it's taken me so long to eat here. The food was amazing, everything had such intense flavor. The pan roasted chicken was one of the best things I've eaten in years. The service was outstanding as well. Definitely plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy for a blustery nightCrowguestDined on 2/11/2014Crow offers a romanitc venue on a rainy evening. Duck into this neighborhood gem with your sweetheart for a comforting meal and a glass of wine. Crow's serving staff is informed and friendly and the atmosphere is warm and candlelit.Special Features:
- Rather disappointingLike2eatDined on 2/8/2014The Crow had been recommended to us, but we found the noise level so high that we had great difficulty talking to each other across a small table for two. The sauce for the vegetarian main course option seemed tasty at first, but actually was far too salty. The cheese plate 'for two' was rather mean on the cheese (small pieces of only two types of cheese).
- CrowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Love this place and go there multiple times a year. It's fun to sit at the dining bar and watch the chefs prepare wonderful fool.Special Features: