8284 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossroadskitchen.com/
- Phone: 3237829245x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tal Ronnen / Scot Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Facilities: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Contact: Elysa 3237829245x
A word from Crossroads
Crossroads refines the Los Angeles dining scene, and is helmed by culinary trailblazer, Chef Tal Ronnen. Highlighting small plate dining with a Mediterranean influence, Crossroads features the cuisine that Ronnen is famous for; beautifully presented plant based dishes that are flavorful and innovative. A rotating selection of custom-made libations, artisanal small batch spirits, and a thoughtfully crafted wine list complement the fare. The imaginative and ever-changing menu with dishes approached with a conscience manner, is inspired by seasonal Southern California ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossroads reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (166)special occasion (119)romantic (104)hot spot (94)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (40)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (24)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- VeganVeganDined on 10/19/2014We went for our anniversary, and were not disappointed. Service was terrific - we were greeted at the front desk with "happy anniversary" and our waiter was informative, attentive and patient. The food was very good. I am not a vegan but enjoyed everything I ordered, my wife who is a vegetarian was delighted, as were our non-vegan guests. The flatbreads were excellent. The wine list was solid and not too expensive. Overall a really great experience. The only "issue" was that I had asked for a good table for 6 people, the seating was a bit awkward,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan Fritatta so amaze!!VeganBeautyGuruDined on 10/19/2014It's my goal to try everything at least once on the brunch menu! The Tuscan frittata was so flavorful and the perfect amount!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MandyinLADined on 10/18/2014Incredible vegan food, wonderful service - cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was phenomenal, from the cocktails all the way through dessert. For dinner, we ordered the lentil flatbread, smoked carrots, brussel sprouts, and tortelloni. All were great, with the smoked carrots being particularly outstanding. We were also offered a plate of the fried "calamari" on the house, which was a lovely gesture. For drinks my husband had the Hard Times while I tried the Amaretto Sour - both were among the best cocktails we've ever had. We rounded out the night with the pumpkin mousse verrine, which was velvety and nicely spiced. This most recent visit was in celebration of my husband's birthday, and I am already looking forward to returning (hopefully) for my own birthday in a few weeks. Thanks for an excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little snobbyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I loved everything about my experience there except feeling I got the bums rush from the hostessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I've been here a few times and love it! I brought some of my meat eating friends to try it out and they were super impressed~ The food was perfectly seasoned (last time it was very salty); the service is always superb and our server made suggestions on some specialty cocktails for us to try, showed us Tal's cookbook and let us know about his new one. The hostess originally put us in the back room by ourselves which is not my preference - so I asked her to move up to the front area and they were very accommodating. From start to finish, it was a great experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- Took gf out for BDay dinnerParentsMtgGFsParentsDined on 10/15/2014My gf had been wanting to check this place out and I read that it was romantic so I thought we would go for her bday. The food was great and the place looked amazing. But the service was phenomenal. We were treated like royalty. I didn't mention it was her birthday, but they picked up on it somehow and made sure everything was perfect all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey, but awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Not sure how vegetables became so pricey, but alas, at least these guys are delicious. The "Crab Cakes" were fantastic, as was the squash. Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentwoodDined on 10/10/2014Great but costly vegetarian fare in a place that does not feel like a health food spot.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautiful vegan mealRestaurantloveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We loved this unexpectedly elegant vegan restaurant. Each dish was a work of art and absolutely delicious! Delicious mix of ingredients and creative presentation! The cocktails were wonderful concoctions too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to next visitDanielVIPDined on 10/10/2014We can here for the first time last night with great expectations that were completely fulfilled. The food, service, atmosphere were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan? Oh yes!KeepItRealDined on 10/9/2014I'm not a vegan, or even a vegetarian, and I would come back. Excellent food & service. Flavorful, would never guess some of the food vegan. AND gluten free options. Incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular who's always amazedVeganBeautyGuruDined on 10/8/2014We celebrated my brothers surprise birthday party and we really got thee best seat in the house. Not to mention or server was super funny and very nice. He made sure when we got there to find out who's birthday it was and made sure that that person wasn't there before asking about it! I love how aware they were! I was so happy to bring a couple of people who haven't been there before! They couldn't believe it was Vegan. This is how Vegan food should be. I love the specials every night and they always tweak a few things on their menu so even if you're a regular, there is always something new to try! I love that! Thank you Crossroads - yet again- you are amazing!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014So amazing I am already planning to go back again this week - less than 6 days after :-)Special Features:
- Best Vegan Food in LA now w/ BrunchvegandanDined on 10/5/2014One of the best vegan places in LA (and probably THE best vegan fine dining option), now has Sunday brunch! Combine a top notch, focused menu with a tasty and innovative brunch cocktail list, and they've really pulled off something nice. Choosing among the options was torturous, but in the end I went for chicken and waffles and my wife a Tuscan croissant sandwich. Crossroads will compete with Mohawk Bend for my favorite vegan brunch spot in LA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014a delightful meal. playful and prepared with love.Special Features:
- enzodantanaDined on 10/3/2014Just down the street and a great place for dining- ambience and details are excellent - will be backSpecial Features:
- Imaginative menu, great service.Diner801Dined on 10/3/2014I read about this restaurant, and immediately had to try it! Flew to LA for a concert, and made reservations at Crossroads. I like that they have half bottles is wine. But I love the menu! We tried seven different dishes including dessert. Every dish was delicious and executed perfectly by the chef! I will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads Is A Big Winner!CoastalRichVIPDined on 10/1/2014Thank you Tal Ronnen for such a great menu... We'll be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dining I ever hadPlaya1Dined on 10/1/2014I go out to major spots like Mr Chow / Ago's / Boa / Salt Air / Mastro's and the like once a week so I know a good setting and food and Crossroads kills them all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteChant27Dined on 9/28/2014Crossroads is my absolute favorite restaurant. I only wish I lived closer so I could eat it more frequently. The food is bursting with flavor, it's creative, and more exciting than your typical plant based cuisine. Can't say enough good things about Crossroads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 star VegandinewellVIPDined on 9/25/2014We wanted to try Crossroads since we first heard about it and a birthday night was the perfect opportunity. This is a very nice spot on Melrose with a hip, yet elegant feel. The waitress we had was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. This is a tapas style menu, so she recommended about 3 plates each. We ordered 6 different plates so we could cover a lot of ground and try as many dishes as we could. The tomato bisque soup was bright, savory and had a touch of sweet, very nice. We also loved the leek flat bread and kale caesar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthy and artisticlenaDined on 9/25/2014chef is amazong w vegeys. they cater to special dietary needs!Special Features:
- Great upscale vegan diningFloridavegliving1Dined on 9/24/2014I dined at Crossroads with two meat eaters. We all enjoyed everything! The service was prompt, helpful and friendly. The food came to the table quickly and was the appropriate tempature. Our favorite dishes were the eggplant, articoke oysters, palm heart calamari and the chocolate cheesecake dessert. This is a special occasion type of place since the portions are small, tapas style and pricey for being vegan food. Expect to spend about $50 per person on dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RogerLDined on 9/24/2014Crossroads was suggested to me by a friend. I was looking for a really nice place to take my wife for our anniversary that was good for vegetarians. BAM!!! an all vegan hot spot. THIS PLACE WAS GREAT!! Thank you.Special Features:
- love this place!deedvVIPDined on 9/23/2014Never disappoints. Vegan food really thought out and well done. I'm not a vegan and I don't miss the meat here at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegan cuisine at its finestdabookbinderDined on 9/22/2014This place is amazing. It is a true 5-star quality fine dining restaurant that also happens to be vegan. As a vegan there aren't many nice places to go out to eat for a special occasion but this definitely makes the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, nice serversveguyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Three of us went for Sunday brunch, and shared the dishes between us so we all got a good sampling, and the flavors were excellent, especially the fritattas and the croissants. Our servers were helpful and cheerful. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Delicious Vegan!DarstcoachVIPDined on 9/21/2014Those are two words that don't usually go together: delicious vegan - but they sure do here!Special Features:
- Great food, ok serviceBesteverDined on 9/21/2014We started off with a girl coming around with a Bloody Mary cart. This was amazing, she had a great personality, the cart gave a lot of add ins to make it an outstanding drink. The waiter was ok , and needed a bit more of a personality. Maybe he was having an off day. The food was amazing as always.Special Features:
- fancy veganEricaVIPDined on 9/20/2014a vegan place for a special occasion! went with my non-vegetarian friends and they loved it.Special Features:
- Proves vegan food can be deliciousLologirlDined on 9/20/2014The food was flavorful and satisfying. The almond cheese is the best vegan cheese I've had. The server 3-4 dishes per person, so we ordered 6 dishes. We could barely make it through 5 dishes we were so full. My only complaint would be the prices. Feels a little pricey for plant based food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceAfroCaribVeganDined on 9/19/2014Talk about amazing food and eye-candy for days! This is the perfect storm of tasty, plant based food and a vibrant social scene. While we were there we saw LA's former mayor Villaraigosa, Billionaire Stephen Bing, numerous actors and a few professional ball players. Love the tapas menu, it allows you to try several different items for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Solid Vegetarian FoodCaliTransplantDined on 9/18/2014Thoughtful preparation and presentation of delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining for vegans & non vegansKB12VIPDined on 9/16/2014This hot spot is best enjoyed with a group so you can order virtually everything on the menu. The food is creative, flavorful and satisfying, and when paired with good wines, the experience is unforgettable. Standouts include the cheese plate, the lasagna, the crab cakes, the oysters, truffle fettuccine, kale Caesar, I could go on and on. Almost every dish is exceptional. Treat yourself and go with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Enough to WriteRailsDined on 9/14/2014I dine out often and I am only moved to write should something be particulalry bad. This was great. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere. I give tremendous kudos for the fun menu and cheeky titles of the entrees lending to a non-vegan dish, although all dishes are vegan. It was entertaining to have the "oysters" served as half shell on artichokes. It really was inventive, delicious, and should satisfy any vegetarian protester as an a LA dining hotspot. Round of applause. PS- I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and this was more satisfying as an experience than the plethora of all other restaurants I've enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Experience - Food GoodMisskerryDined on 9/14/2014I made reservations ahead for brunch for my birthday. The restaurant also had an event planned ahead during brunch in a private room. They had too many people & found it suitable to put them in the dining room standing at the bar. At times the noise reached levels as loud as a concert. We could not have a conversation without yelling close to each other & it hurt my ears. Then the event started making announcements of which bar is hiring for female bartenders etc. This was the oddest, most unprofessional restaurant experience of my life. The waitress called the manager over who said too bad. I will not return since they dont treat patrons with respect, nor care about their experience. Management clearly doesnt know what theyre doing.
- ExquisiteAliAlDined on 9/13/2014One of the best meals of my life. As a vegan for many years i seldom get the chance to eat so many dishes at a restaurant. This meal was so good I wanted to cry. Try the cheese platter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrossroadsFineveggiefinderDined on 9/13/2014Crossroads is a wonderful restaurant!!! It was great to sit down for a vegan meal and have so many choices - every one was delicious! The staff were anticipating our every course and brought everything so nice and hot. The waitress explained how it all works, Tapas style, so we were able to savor many different delicious dishes. Can't wait to go for brunch too'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Fabulous food whether you're vegan or not. Even the meat eaters in our group couldnt believe the food was vegan. Beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.