8284 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossroadskitchen.com/
- Phone: 3237829245x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tal Ronnen / Scot Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Facilities: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Contact: Elysa 3237829245x
A word from Crossroads
Crossroads refines the Los Angeles dining scene, and is helmed by culinary trail blazer, Chef Tal Ronnen. Highlighting small plate dining with a Mediterranean influence, Crossroads features the cuisine that Ronnen is famous for; beautifully presented plant based dishes that are flavorful and innovative. A rotating selection of custom-made libations, artisanal small batch spirits, and a thoughtfully crafted wine list complement the fare. The imaginative and ever-changing menu with dishes approached with a conscience manner, is inspired by seasonal Southern California ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossroads reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (114)romantic (104)hot spot (90)neighborhood gem (75)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (36)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (22)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Crossroads is my absolute favorite restaurant. I only wish I lived closer so I could eat it more frequently. The food is bursting with flavor, it's creative, and more exciting than your typical plant based cuisine. Can't say enough good things about Crossroads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 star VegandinewellVIPDined on 9/25/2014We wanted to try Crossroads since we first heard about it and a birthday night was the perfect opportunity. This is a very nice spot on Melrose with a hip, yet elegant feel. The waitress we had was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. This is a tapas style menu, so she recommended about 3 plates each. We ordered 6 different plates so we could cover a lot of ground and try as many dishes as we could. The tomato bisque soup was bright, savory and had a touch of sweet, very nice. We also loved the leek flat bread and kale caesar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthy and artisticlenaDined on 9/25/2014chef is amazong w vegeys. they cater to special dietary needs!Special Features:
- Great upscale vegan diningFloridavegliving1Dined on 9/24/2014I dined at Crossroads with two meat eaters. We all enjoyed everything! The service was prompt, helpful and friendly. The food came to the table quickly and was the appropriate tempature. Our favorite dishes were the eggplant, articoke oysters, palm heart calamari and the chocolate cheesecake dessert. This is a special occasion type of place since the portions are small, tapas style and pricey for being vegan food. Expect to spend about $50 per person on dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RogerLDined on 9/24/2014Crossroads was suggested to me by a friend. I was looking for a really nice place to take my wife for our anniversary that was good for vegetarians. BAM!!! an all vegan hot spot. THIS PLACE WAS GREAT!! Thank you.Special Features:
- love this place!deedvVIPDined on 9/23/2014Never disappoints. Vegan food really thought out and well done. I'm not a vegan and I don't miss the meat here at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegan cuisine at its finestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014This place is amazing. It is a true 5-star quality fine dining restaurant that also happens to be vegan. As a vegan there aren't many nice places to go out to eat for a special occasion but this definitely makes the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, nice serversveguyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Three of us went for Sunday brunch, and shared the dishes between us so we all got a good sampling, and the flavors were excellent, especially the fritattas and the croissants. Our servers were helpful and cheerful. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Delicious Vegan!DarstcoachVIPDined on 9/21/2014Those are two words that don't usually go together: delicious vegan - but they sure do here!Special Features:
- Great food, ok serviceBesteverDined on 9/21/2014We started off with a girl coming around with a Bloody Mary cart. This was amazing, she had a great personality, the cart gave a lot of add ins to make it an outstanding drink. The waiter was ok , and needed a bit more of a personality. Maybe he was having an off day. The food was amazing as always.Special Features:
- fancy veganEricaVIPDined on 9/20/2014a vegan place for a special occasion! went with my non-vegetarian friends and they loved it.Special Features:
- Proves vegan food can be deliciousLologirlDined on 9/20/2014The food was flavorful and satisfying. The almond cheese is the best vegan cheese I've had. The server 3-4 dishes per person, so we ordered 6 dishes. We could barely make it through 5 dishes we were so full. My only complaint would be the prices. Feels a little pricey for plant based food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceAfroCaribVeganDined on 9/19/2014Talk about amazing food and eye-candy for days! This is the perfect storm of tasty, plant based food and a vibrant social scene. While we were there we saw LA's former mayor Villaraigosa, Billionaire Stephen Bing, numerous actors and a few professional ball players. Love the tapas menu, it allows you to try several different items for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Solid Vegetarian FoodCaliTransplantDined on 9/18/2014Thoughtful preparation and presentation of delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining for vegans & non vegansKB12VIPDined on 9/16/2014This hot spot is best enjoyed with a group so you can order virtually everything on the menu. The food is creative, flavorful and satisfying, and when paired with good wines, the experience is unforgettable. Standouts include the cheese plate, the lasagna, the crab cakes, the oysters, truffle fettuccine, kale Caesar, I could go on and on. Almost every dish is exceptional. Treat yourself and go with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Enough to WriteRailsDined on 9/14/2014I dine out often and I am only moved to write should something be particulalry bad. This was great. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere. I give tremendous kudos for the fun menu and cheeky titles of the entrees lending to a non-vegan dish, although all dishes are vegan. It was entertaining to have the "oysters" served as half shell on artichokes. It really was inventive, delicious, and should satisfy any vegetarian protester as an a LA dining hotspot. Round of applause. PS- I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and this was more satisfying as an experience than the plethora of all other restaurants I've enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Experience - Food GoodMisskerryDined on 9/14/2014I made reservations ahead for brunch for my birthday. The restaurant also had an event planned ahead during brunch in a private room. They had too many people & found it suitable to put them in the dining room standing at the bar. At times the noise reached levels as loud as a concert. We could not have a conversation without yelling close to each other & it hurt my ears. Then the event started making announcements of which bar is hiring for female bartenders etc. This was the oddest, most unprofessional restaurant experience of my life. The waitress called the manager over who said too bad. I will not return since they dont treat patrons with respect, nor care about their experience. Management clearly doesnt know what theyre doing.
- ExquisiteAliAlDined on 9/13/2014One of the best meals of my life. As a vegan for many years i seldom get the chance to eat so many dishes at a restaurant. This meal was so good I wanted to cry. Try the cheese platter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrossroadsFineveggiefinderDined on 9/13/2014Crossroads is a wonderful restaurant!!! It was great to sit down for a vegan meal and have so many choices - every one was delicious! The staff were anticipating our every course and brought everything so nice and hot. The waitress explained how it all works, Tapas style, so we were able to savor many different delicious dishes. Can't wait to go for brunch too'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Fabulous food whether you're vegan or not. Even the meat eaters in our group couldnt believe the food was vegan. Beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic vegan fare!OutWithJoDined on 9/12/2014The service was impeccable, the food fantastic, and the dining area is lovely. The special "scallopini" made me want to back the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best plave everRobynDined on 9/11/2014I flew in from Seattle to go here. Unfortunately I was by myself so I couldn't order too much from the menu. My stomach is only so big. I ended up ordering the fire baked meaty lasagna. I have not eaten meat or dairy in a few years, but I do remember what a good hearty lasagna tastes like, and this VEGAN version was to die for!! I could eat this everyday. There is no carnivore out there that could complain about this vegan lasagna. I was very jealous of the people around me who were ordering all sorts of stuff off me menu. Next time I go, I am definitely bringing someone to share the menu with.Special Features:
- Birthday reviewmuzikguylaDined on 9/10/2014Took my partner of 3+years there for his birthday on 10 september. He chose it cause im predominately vegan...and wanted both of us to enjoy it. Everything was excellent from start to finish. Would definitely recommend it to friends and would go back again as a patron. Top notch establishment....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit ....LoveLARestaurantsDined on 9/8/2014And it was everything I expected. I've heard great things about Crossroads since it's opening...and finally had the opportunity to try it. I don't practice a plant based diet but would dine here anytime. Exceptional food and great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opened my eyeschivisitorDined on 9/7/2014Vegan food taken in new and gourmet directions. Creative, clearly vegetarian, rich and complex. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads RegularVeganBeautyGuruDined on 9/7/2014Crossroads continues to amaze me, Brunch on Sundays! I usually come for dinner but recently found out that they had Brunch on Sundays (Which wasn't advertised anywhere but their Instagram page!) I got the "chicken" and waffles and holy wow, super good they season the "chicken" with spices which I really liked and their "butter" and syrup were super tasty it all went so well together! Oh and their chocolate croissants, ridiculously good! You forget that you're eating Vegan. Their quality of food and portions are not over the top and just right!Special Features:
- Nice brunch, but expensive.VegandinerDined on 9/7/2014The thing to order is the chicken and waffles. The frittata is also good, but very small portion. I love that they have chocolate croissants, but the server said those May be coming off he menu. Coffee could use some improvement, it was not very hot. Roving Bloody Mary cart is a nice touch. Nice place for special occasions.Special Features:
- ELLAVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was DELICIOUS! The portions were perfect!! It allows you to explore and enjoy a variety of dishes. We are ready to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced veganAmirVIPDined on 9/5/2014I don't mind vegan, but besides a kale salad nothing tasted good here.
- Delicious, creative diningz1466Dined on 9/5/2014The food and presentation at Crossroads is outstanding. We were fortunate to have Macy serve our table and she is amazing! This is a wonderful restaurant with delicious food. Will return again and again!Special Features:
- Best of the bestFaulknerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Crossroads is a WOW in every way! Delightful ambiance with brilliant, friendly servers and food that has been prepared brilliantly in every sense of the word. We brought friends who raved about Bradley, our server and the care and uniqueness of the food. It was all sensational and we're all coming back! You don't have to be vegetarian to love Crossroads!!Special Features:
- Who Knew Vegan Was So Good?TbabyVIPDined on 8/30/2014LOVED my meal at Crossroads. I give the chef two thumbs up.Special Features:
- Good food, better last season..FoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014They changed their menu. We tried some of the new dishes but felt some fell short of "amazing" like on my previous visit. It was explained to me that the menu changes with the seasons and I guess last time I went it was the previous menu. My favorite this time was the "oysters" made from artichoke leaves. Well balanced, yummy and some of the most interesting of the dishes we tried (I had that last time also so it remained on their menu). Also a pasta dish we tried was more amazing last time also. Still don't get me wrong: this place does AMAZING STUFF all being vegan! Just that my four stars are three this time around...Special Features:
- A unique experiencesynthmanDined on 8/30/2014We were a couple of newbies at a vegan restaurant, which came highly recommended by a close friend who knows his foodstuff(s). We were both amazed by the variety of dishes available, all of which were vegan, and all of which were outstanding! This is high praise from a dyed-in-the-wool carnivore! Wait-person was epic, explained everything so noobs could understand it, but did not treat us like we were morons -- dry humor did the trick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Jen88Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great time at Crossroads last Saturday night. Whether you're vegan or not, there are a lot of great meals to try, you will not be disappointed. The service was also wonderful, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan styleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014I am not a huge fan of all organic and vegan /gluten free and all free food. However their piccata with mushroom tastes like real home made grandma food. A good place to eat healthy and apparently almost natural and organic meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MuviesDined on 8/23/2014Everything we ate was fantastic! Great flavors and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent!DizRivDined on 8/23/2014I've been vegan 10 years and have eaten at the best vegan spots from San Francisco to New York. And I think Los Angeles has finally taken over as the best vegan city, with Crossroads leading in the high-end dining experience. My husband, who is not vegan, said our dinner was the best meal he's had in a very long time. Any meal, not just a vegan one.Special Features:
- Great vegan food fit for non veganshankDined on 8/20/2014The dinner I had at Crossroads was delicious and satisfying in all ways. As a non-vegan I was very skeptical but the food was prepared in such a way that vegans and non-vegans alike would rave about the taste and quality. Even as a meat lover I would go back for this fine dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan for everyone!Tastes that goodVeganforeveryoneDined on 8/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant! By far, the most flavorful vegan restaurant we've found.(including NYC) I always get inspired to go home and try their dishes. We love the atmosphere and Bradley our server. I can't wait for the cook book to come out!!! Thank you Tal for working so hard to make the vegan diet sooo delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.