8284 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossroadskitchen.com/
- Phone: (323) 782-9245
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tal Ronnen / Scot Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Facilities: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Contact: Elysa 3237829245x
A word from Crossroads
Crossroads refines the Los Angeles dining scene, and is helmed by culinary trailblazer, Chef Tal Ronnen. Highlighting small plate dining with a Mediterranean influence, Crossroads features the cuisine that Ronnen is famous for; beautifully presented plant based dishes that are flavorful and innovative. A rotating selection of custom-made libations, artisanal small batch spirits, and a thoughtfully crafted wine list complement the fare. The imaginative and ever-changing menu with dishes approached with a conscience manner, is inspired by seasonal Southern California ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossroads reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (155)special occasion (114)romantic (97)hot spot (87)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (37)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (22)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Okay VeganSchincatDined on 11/16/2014Well the food was good but I thought a bit over priced for the size of the portion. The service was mediocre at best. Everyone was nice enough but not attentive. It was like they thought that they were doing you a favor by "letting" you dine at their restaurant. That said, we were seated promptly and the hostess was very pleasant. If someone invited me I would go again but I would not make a reservation on my own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan small plates, but snooty service.YummlyDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I went here on Nov. 16th and were delighted to have her birthday dinner in style, which Crossroads provides plenty of in the form of the elegant decor and seating. While I like the small plates concept, making it easy to sample everyone's treats, I wish there were a few more entrees or large plates available. They serve great food, regardless - and that I applaud them for. I can see that this place has a lot going for it: yummy vegan specialties, dark and romantic atmosphere and a touch of cool 60s rock n' roll (great photographs of bands along a wall and some quiet tunes playing from the era). However, we received the classic let's-load-up-your-order-and-add-some-wine-to-render-a-bigger-tip treatment from our waitress, which you see a lot of in these kinds of elegant restaurants in major metropolitan hubs. I felt like we were pushed to order more, then pushed leave in order to clear the way for more two-top turnover. Also, I didn't feel happy overall there and neither did my wife. The service sort of felt, well, perfunctory. In general, I want to feel welcomed and comforted at a restaurant like Crossroads. I want to be enchanted by the food, the atmosphere and maybe even the wait staff. After all, they are the face of the restaurant. We don't often get to meet an owner or head chef in such places. Instead, the wait staff stands right on the front line. So, I recommend that the staff (or at least a few of the staff) attain training on how to be more cordial and less angsty about getting bigger tips and just how to be more nice in general. On a related note, I only tipped our waitress 10%, when I normally go over 20%. I wish I could properly explain why, so that she knows. Perhaps she will now. (The restaurant management can read her identity in the private notes and let her know).Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!CupcakeDined on 11/14/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday at Crossroads and we are so happy we did! Lovely service, SUPERB vegan cuisine (I must not forget the tasty cocktails) and beautiful ambience. We ordered many dishes as we live in SF and don't know when we will back in LA.! Artisan cheeses were a knock-out, olives: best in the world, pickled vegetables: great, artichoke oysters a MUST for next time and the lasagna was heaven. Desserts are perfect. I hope Tal decides to expand up north...otherwise, we will need to schlep down there a few times per year. Did I mention the service was professional and friendly...they treated us like royalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossing Melrose for CrossroadsAJayDined on 11/13/2014I saw a segment on ABC 7 news and thought this would be a great place to try out. I made a reservation as soon as the news program ended. We arrived and were promptly seated near the bar. The restaurant reminds of a very high end place in New York and is well appointed. The staff is very attentive and happy to explain the menu with a smile. We ordered eight dishes as they are smaller portions and thoroughly enjoyed each. The crab cakes were very light and wonderful. The tomato soup was excellent and my favorite was the lasagna, although the scaloppine brought a close second. The wine recommended was outstanding as well. The best part was that my dinner date had no idea that there was no meat in any of our dishes and frankly, I had a hard time believing it too. Overall, we were very impressed and will be back - with friends, to see if we can fool them too. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive tapasAndyVIPDined on 11/13/2014If you're a vegan and like tapas, you'll probably like Crossroads. But at the end of the meal, you'll wonder why it cost so much.
- I'm not even vegan...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014But that doesn't matter, I heard about this place from the Ellen show. Forget about being the best vegan ive ever had, its simply one of the best restaurants I've been to. We were visiting from Texas and couldnt have been happier with our experience. Great service, friendly. We had appetizers, dinner, and dessert and loved all of it. I recommend Bolognese for dinner and the lentil flatbread for appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Beyond delicious vegan food, incredible atmosphere. Can't wait to go back and try more of the menu.Special Features:
- VeganVeganWhyNotDined on 11/9/2014I am not a vegan. My co-worker is vegan and she told me about this really great place. So I went online and looked at their menu. I saw the food and was amazed at how great it looked. I told my co-worker that I would love to go try the food because it looked so good. We went on Sunday, 11/09/2014 for Brunch and I ordered the Tuscan Croissant Sandwich with Oven Roasted Herbed Fingerling Potatoes and a Blackberry Mimosa. I was amazed at how well the food tasted. My co-worker and I love the food so much we plan to go back for Dinner service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Restaurant was nice but tables were uncomfortably and unnecessarily close to each other. The music was nice. The restaurant has a " small plate concept" but for the price of a regular plate. The tomato bisque was good but small. The kale Cesar salad tasted like air. The flat bread was good. I Would not return to this restaurant or recommend it. I appreciate that it had vegetarian options but it was unnecessarily pricey. For 3 small items off the menu the bill was 43 $.
- OverratedDisappointedDined on 11/8/2014Being a vegan for quite a while I was super excited to try crossroads. I had read that the ambiance was great and the food was delicious. While the food was ok, I think this place is completed overrated. I don't feel it offers anything different or exciting, the tastes were good but completely forgettable. My boyfriend and I ordered almost all of the small plates - the artichoke oysters, the eggplant, the salads, the squash, the crab cakes. Almost everything except the fake meat. Sorry - I'm just not into fake meat. I love vegetables and grains in all there forms, but I prefer that they are not made to mock or try to be something else. The host and the waitress were snooty. I have a kidney problem and therefore any food that isn't already prepared I need for it to be very light on the salt, I nicely explained this to the waitress and she answered like a robot "There are no modifications". I mean come on, this is a health issue , not a modification. I found this rude. The music was also bad, really bad. I get that this place has a bar and the place is big, giving it points and making it more of a "date place" for vegans. But I honestly would rather go somehwere small where I can eat an unforgettable meal like Elf Cafe or AOC! Aoc isn't even vegan but there vegan option are much more tastier and have a distinguished taste to them. Anyway, all I can say was that I was very disappointed by Crossroads. I expected more.
- Fabulous Vegan Cuisine - Best in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014There are insufficient superlatives to do justice to Crossroads. As vegans, my wife and I have difficulty finding a restaurant to invite our non-vegan friends to. We've done that four times now, and each time our friends have raved about the food and gone back to Crossroads on their own. This is gourmet food, vegan or not. The "oysters" are an incredible feat of culinary artistry, and all of the dishes are sensational. Best Kale salad on the planet, beautiful in its simplicity. The service is always first class, there when needed, but never obtrusive. If we didn't live in South Orange County, we would eat here at least weekly. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Dine & MusicDineMusicDined on 11/4/2014It's my all time go to stop when I'm attending a concert at the House of Blues. We will always have dinner first at Crossroads. They have never done us wrong. The food is always great (from burgers to pulled pork sandwhich to salads). All are pretty tasty.Special Features:
- Stellar Food – Vegan or Not!veganchaseDined on 11/3/2014The brilliant Tal Ronnen has created an exquisite dining experience that transcends borders of vegan, vegetarian, omnivore. ALL will savor this fantastic food and the relaxing, elegant atmosphere. You truly won't believe the food! Get there.Special Features:
- my favoritedeedvVIPDined on 10/29/2014I'm obsessed with this place and I'm not a vegan. I'm not even a vegetarian and I never miss the meat. Everything has its own unique flavor and some of the dishes are truly unique. My favorites by far are the artichoke oysters, the butternut squash flatbread, and the kale ceasar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in a monthluv2wineNdineVIPDined on 10/29/2014Love this place - and I'm not vegan! I celebrated my bday here bc of all the buzz. Within a month, I planned another bday dinner for a vegan friend and 2 others who all have bdays within a week of each other. We all thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and all carnivores were impressed. They were surprised that a vegan restaurant could have a "steakhouse" vibe rather than a hippie vibe. That made me laugh :) The crab cakes, lasagna, and scaloppini Parmesan are musts. Underwhelmed with the chickpeas and chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Vegan RestuarantrtscentDined on 10/25/2014Everything was splendid, wasn't a fan of the dessertsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingTDATVIPDined on 10/24/2014Of the five dishes I tasted, only one was memorable. The main dining room is a very nice space and may improve some diners' perceptions of the food.The secondary dining room loses much of its ambiance with the presence of a take-out drinks refrigerator. The selection of wines by the glass is very limited.
- Delicious Plant-Based DiningsuperbDined on 10/24/2014We've been meaning to come to Crossroads Kitchen since reading its review in Los Angeles Magazine last year. We really enjoyed it. My husband particularly enjoyed the artichoke "oysters", while I really like the tortelloni. Everything we tried was very, very good. As far as U.S. plant-based fine dining destinations, I might still give the edge to NYC's Candle 79, but Crossroads is wonderful (and local for us).Special Features:
- Sit in the main roomMichaelVIPDined on 10/23/2014Crossroads is one of my favorite Vegetarian restaurants, the food is innovative, delicious and tasty. I highly recommend that when you make a reservation that you request to be seated in the main dining room, not the back room, it feels like you've ben relegated to a B location in the restaurant, the main room is beautiful, nice lit and it you really get the full experience of the restaurant. We did not like sitting in the back.Special Features:
- VeganVeganDined on 10/19/2014We went for our anniversary, and were not disappointed. Service was terrific - we were greeted at the front desk with "happy anniversary" and our waiter was informative, attentive and patient. The food was very good. I am not a vegan but enjoyed everything I ordered, my wife who is a vegetarian was delighted, as were our non-vegan guests. The flatbreads were excellent. The wine list was solid and not too expensive. Overall a really great experience. The only "issue" was that I had asked for a good table for 6 people, the seating was a bit awkward,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan Fritatta so amaze!!VeganBeautyGuruDined on 10/19/2014It's my goal to try everything at least once on the brunch menu! The Tuscan frittata was so flavorful and the perfect amount!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MandyinLADined on 10/18/2014Incredible vegan food, wonderful service - cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was phenomenal, from the cocktails all the way through dessert. For dinner, we ordered the lentil flatbread, smoked carrots, brussel sprouts, and tortelloni. All were great, with the smoked carrots being particularly outstanding. We were also offered a plate of the fried "calamari" on the house, which was a lovely gesture. For drinks my husband had the Hard Times while I tried the Amaretto Sour - both were among the best cocktails we've ever had. We rounded out the night with the pumpkin mousse verrine, which was velvety and nicely spiced. This most recent visit was in celebration of my husband's birthday, and I am already looking forward to returning (hopefully) for my own birthday in a few weeks. Thanks for an excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little snobbyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I loved everything about my experience there except feeling I got the bums rush from the hostessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BinkyDined on 10/17/2014I've been here a few times and love it! I brought some of my meat eating friends to try it out and they were super impressed~ The food was perfectly seasoned (last time it was very salty); the service is always superb and our server made suggestions on some specialty cocktails for us to try, showed us Tal's cookbook and let us know about his new one. The hostess originally put us in the back room by ourselves which is not my preference - so I asked her to move up to the front area and they were very accommodating. From start to finish, it was a great experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- Took gf out for BDay dinnerParentsMtgGFsParentsDined on 10/15/2014My gf had been wanting to check this place out and I read that it was romantic so I thought we would go for her bday. The food was great and the place looked amazing. But the service was phenomenal. We were treated like royalty. I didn't mention it was her birthday, but they picked up on it somehow and made sure everything was perfect all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey, but awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Not sure how vegetables became so pricey, but alas, at least these guys are delicious. The "Crab Cakes" were fantastic, as was the squash. Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrentwoodDined on 10/10/2014Great but costly vegetarian fare in a place that does not feel like a health food spot.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautiful vegan mealRestaurantloveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We loved this unexpectedly elegant vegan restaurant. Each dish was a work of art and absolutely delicious! Delicious mix of ingredients and creative presentation! The cocktails were wonderful concoctions too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to next visitDanielVIPDined on 10/10/2014We can here for the first time last night with great expectations that were completely fulfilled. The food, service, atmosphere were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan? Oh yes!KeepItRealDined on 10/9/2014I'm not a vegan, or even a vegetarian, and I would come back. Excellent food & service. Flavorful, would never guess some of the food vegan. AND gluten free options. Incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular who's always amazedVeganBeautyGuruDined on 10/8/2014We celebrated my brothers surprise birthday party and we really got thee best seat in the house. Not to mention or server was super funny and very nice. He made sure when we got there to find out who's birthday it was and made sure that that person wasn't there before asking about it! I love how aware they were! I was so happy to bring a couple of people who haven't been there before! They couldn't believe it was Vegan. This is how Vegan food should be. I love the specials every night and they always tweak a few things on their menu so even if you're a regular, there is always something new to try! I love that! Thank you Crossroads - yet again- you are amazing!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014So amazing I am already planning to go back again this week - less than 6 days after :-)Special Features:
- Best Vegan Food in LA now w/ BrunchvegandanDined on 10/5/2014One of the best vegan places in LA (and probably THE best vegan fine dining option), now has Sunday brunch! Combine a top notch, focused menu with a tasty and innovative brunch cocktail list, and they've really pulled off something nice. Choosing among the options was torturous, but in the end I went for chicken and waffles and my wife a Tuscan croissant sandwich. Crossroads will compete with Mohawk Bend for my favorite vegan brunch spot in LA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014a delightful meal. playful and prepared with love.Special Features:
- enzodantanaDined on 10/3/2014Just down the street and a great place for dining- ambience and details are excellent - will be backSpecial Features:
- Imaginative menu, great service.Diner801Dined on 10/3/2014I read about this restaurant, and immediately had to try it! Flew to LA for a concert, and made reservations at Crossroads. I like that they have half bottles is wine. But I love the menu! We tried seven different dishes including dessert. Every dish was delicious and executed perfectly by the chef! I will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads Is A Big Winner!CoastalRichVIPDined on 10/1/2014Thank you Tal Ronnen for such a great menu... We'll be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dining I ever hadPlaya1Dined on 10/1/2014I go out to major spots like Mr Chow / Ago's / Boa / Salt Air / Mastro's and the like once a week so I know a good setting and food and Crossroads kills them all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteChant27Dined on 9/28/2014Crossroads is my absolute favorite restaurant. I only wish I lived closer so I could eat it more frequently. The food is bursting with flavor, it's creative, and more exciting than your typical plant based cuisine. Can't say enough good things about Crossroads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.