8284 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossroadskitchen.com/
- Phone: 3237829245x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tal Ronnen / Scot Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Facilities: For more information, please contact us directly.
- Private Party Contact: Elysa 3237829245x
A word from Crossroads
Crossroads refines the Los Angeles dining scene, and is helmed by culinary trail blazer, Chef Tal Ronnen. Highlighting small plate dining with a Mediterranean influence, Crossroads features the cuisine that Ronnen is famous for; beautifully presented plant based dishes that are flavorful and innovative. A rotating selection of custom-made libations, artisanal small batch spirits, and a thoughtfully crafted wine list complement the fare. The imaginative and ever-changing menu with dishes approached with a conscience manner, is inspired by seasonal Southern California ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossroads reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (174)special occasion (125)romantic (109)hot spot (99)neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (39)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (22)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food, better last season..FoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014They changed their menu. We tried some of the new dishes but felt some fell short of "amazing" like on my previous visit. It was explained to me that the menu changes with the seasons and I guess last time I went it was the previous menu. My favorite this time was the "oysters" made from artichoke leaves. Well balanced, yummy and some of the most interesting of the dishes we tried (I had that last time also so it remained on their menu). Also a pasta dish we tried was more amazing last time also. Still don't get me wrong: this place does AMAZING STUFF all being vegan! Just that my four stars are three this time around...Special Features:
- A unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We were a couple of newbies at a vegan restaurant, which came highly recommended by a close friend who knows his foodstuff(s). We were both amazed by the variety of dishes available, all of which were vegan, and all of which were outstanding! This is high praise from a dyed-in-the-wool carnivore! Wait-person was epic, explained everything so noobs could understand it, but did not treat us like we were morons -- dry humor did the trick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great time at Crossroads last Saturday night. Whether you're vegan or not, there are a lot of great meals to try, you will not be disappointed. The service was also wonderful, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan styleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014I am not a huge fan of all organic and vegan /gluten free and all free food. However their piccata with mushroom tastes like real home made grandma food. A good place to eat healthy and apparently almost natural and organic meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MuviesDined on 8/23/2014Everything we ate was fantastic! Great flavors and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent!DizRivDined on 8/23/2014I've been vegan 10 years and have eaten at the best vegan spots from San Francisco to New York. And I think Los Angeles has finally taken over as the best vegan city, with Crossroads leading in the high-end dining experience. My husband, who is not vegan, said our dinner was the best meal he's had in a very long time. Any meal, not just a vegan one.Special Features:
- Great vegan food fit for non veganshankDined on 8/20/2014The dinner I had at Crossroads was delicious and satisfying in all ways. As a non-vegan I was very skeptical but the food was prepared in such a way that vegans and non-vegans alike would rave about the taste and quality. Even as a meat lover I would go back for this fine dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan for everyone!Tastes that goodVeganforeveryoneDined on 8/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant! By far, the most flavorful vegan restaurant we've found.(including NYC) I always get inspired to go home and try their dishes. We love the atmosphere and Bradley our server. I can't wait for the cook book to come out!!! Thank you Tal for working so hard to make the vegan diet sooo delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food with great service.nathsalDined on 8/18/2014One of the best restaurants in LA. Incredible food with a real difference. Great atmospere in a perfect ambience. Our waitress Anna was not only very attentive but very entertaining too. Cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadBlihpDined on 8/17/2014Not good food. Too oily. Not creative or imaginative.
- elevating vegan cuisineAnthroDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful environment--comfortable and inviting. Complete and unique menu. Food tasted great and presentation was suburb. Service was pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:
- Truly SpecialBERLFLEIDined on 8/15/2014For Health Foodies, nothing in all of Southern California surpasses the dining experience one can have at Crossroads. On a good day, absolutely everything can be excellent, and even the wines by the class are excellent choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Loved the veggie menu, even the dessert was pretty tasty (rare for most vegan restaurants)! I've only been a vegetarian for 3weeks and this has been one of the tastier dining experiences. Definitely plan to return over & overSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstading Vegan Food!bikerDined on 8/11/2014We were trill to have a vegan meal in a fancy restaurant. It's not cheap and the portions are small but the presentation is beautiful and it is VEGAN and tasty! Try the oysters and the chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Remarkable Food, could please(fool) any Omnivore! Service was cold and rushed.....will try again with Vegan friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!JmsfoVIPDined on 8/9/2014You know you have good service when the server not only refills your wine but your water multiple, multiple times. Tasty, unique food. The Owner/Manager made a nice overture as I came in; sometimes dining alone can leave you with a not so desirable seat; he gave me several choices even though the restaurant was busy. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!plantpoweredwomynDined on 8/9/2014Wow! This place was SO delicious. My wife and I went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary. Definitely make a reservation because it's a very popular place on a Saturday night. Everything we ordered was outstanding! Just the way vegan food should be. We can't wait to take my in-laws here when they come to town :)Special Features:
- Definitely top 10 vegan restaurantBryanladdDined on 8/3/2014LA weekly listed Crossroads as a top 10 vegan restaurant in LA. It is! Go.Special Features:
- AussietouristAussietouristDined on 8/3/2014I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of one of Ellen's tweets! The food was fantastic but I was a little disappointed in the service. The waitress come across as fake and not interested in us as guests to this restaurant (perhaps because we weren't famous?). The restaurant was not busy so there was no excuse for her delays, lack of friendly interaction. This was the only thing I would recommend the restaurant improve. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome vegan restaurantTroktagonDined on 8/2/2014Some of the best vegan food I've ever had. Never had a vegan "cheese" that was good until I tried their cheese plate here. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan food!!YummyveganDined on 8/1/2014Love everything here. The chef is awesome and the staff is friendly and very knowledgable. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food trumps any negativesSarcasticGourmetDined on 7/31/2014Inventive and incredibly tasty plant based dishes served in perfect sizes (tapas sized) for sharing and indulging in a variety of flavors. The risotto and pasta bolognese were standouts. The best kale Caesar I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but priceyveggieluvDined on 7/31/2014The food is wonderful, but the portions are small. My boyfriend and I ordered two appetizers three entrees and another entree after we had finished the first three. Along with this, the waiters are eager to clear your plates away. I felt like I was being rushed in and out so they could seat the next guests. We left the restaurant mostly full and slightly disappointed. If the portions were just a little larger and the atmosphere more relaxed, I would have been much happier with my experience. Still, if you are a vegan/vegetarian looking for creative dishes and you don't mind spending the cash, I would recommend Crossroads in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Could be good!hotspoteaterDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant was quiet yet we got horrible service. Think the waitress had a bad night. Food is awesome! Having a server with a good attitude would make the place pretty awesome!
- Hip and friendlyVeganlightDined on 7/30/2014The atmosphere was great and the staff was so friendly. The food was amazing and even non vegans will love the taste and quality of the food. Great craft drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Vegan for All TypesVVVVDined on 7/30/2014I went to this vegan gem with two devout carnivores. They said it was fabulous ~ both the ambience and the food. They felt it was the best restaurant experience they had during their visit. I enjoyed the food too, and even my 9 year old son was able to find things to eat that he enjoyed. The downside ~ it was very loud. We could barely hear each other. And they have the "we do local and organic when we can" statement on their menus. There are several local/organic restaurants in Los Angeles. If they can do it, so can Crossroads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan never tasted so goodMichaelVIPDined on 7/28/2014Flavorful, delicious and beautifully presented....AWESOME!Special Features:
- Some vegan food to write home aboutEmilysmDined on 7/28/2014In my experience vegan and gourmet rarely mix... Until now. Was totally blown away by the food at crossroads, every bite was delicious. So delicious that even once we were stuffed we were almost tempted to try... Just one more dish! My only complaint would be what I always find to be the problem with vegan food - on the menu I noticed quite a few meat substitute dishes like the Milanese, I guess this is my own issue, but I personally prefer vegan food to be its own thing and not try so hard to be something that it's not, reminding the diner what is NOT on their plate, even if it's only a semantic matter. Either way - I will definitely be back at crossroads. Either way, they do an amazing job and I haven't enjoyed food like this in a while!Special Features:
- Brunch Brunch BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/27/2014Crossroads has done it again with BRUNCH!!! I only wish I could have eaten more. The Eggless Frittata was my favorite with the Chicken & Waffles a close second. And the table side Bloody Mary service was perfection. Great work and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at CrossroadsLFL14Dined on 7/27/2014The Crossroads Benedict was very good. The Tuscan Eggless Fritatta was wonderful, excellent, though a touch salty. Each came with a choice of breakfast potatoes or mixed fruit and we got both. The breakfast potatoes needed something. The fruit was good, fresh figs a nice touch, but the nectarines a touch underripe and some kind of vegan whipped cream would have made the fruit even better. We also got maple breakfast sausages--very good, and fig upside down cake, which was the only thing I didn't really like. The atmosphere was nice, the seats very comfy. The waitress was a bit formal for brunch. Portion sizes on the entrees could be a bit bigger & this was one of their first brunches with kinks still being ironed out. Overall, very good.Special Features:
- So good, so much funhorns34Dined on 7/26/2014I am not a Vegan, nor do i ever hope to become one...BUT, I am in love with this food. Everything we ate was so delicious! I have been 5-6 times.Special Features:
- Who knew?Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 7/26/2014First I want to thank Bryan Moynan for the extra touch that made my vegan buddy's birthday dinner very special. Everyone is dubious when I tell them that I've found THE vegan/foodie hotspot... Crossroads is uniquely and genuinely a jewel in the crown of vegan eateries. The dishes are unique, flavorful, and inventive. The staff is impeccable and professional. The ambiance is fashion forward and hip. I would say even a die hard meat lover has to go try this place just for the experience.Special Features:
- Don't Have To Be A VeganbriguyDined on 7/25/2014I love meat but am always willing try anything. My wife has been on a healthy kick of late so I took one for the team. Food turned out be excellent and I never once felt like I was missing anything. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- LOVEOliviaGreyDined on 7/24/2014I have loved Crossroads for a while now. The food is always amazing and I always have great service. This time even better than normal. Bradley couldn't not have been a better server. I come to Crossroads about once a month or every other month. I happened to come twice in a couple weeks and Bradley recognized me right away even though he wasn't even my server last time. He did close us out and take our dessert last time because our original server left for the night. He was amazing then, and made the best reccommendation for dessert. I think outstanding service is not only doing what is required of you, but going above and beyond. Bradley definitely does that. He is helpful and perfectly attentive. Had to write a review just for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014The chef is a magician. A vegan menu that will blow your mind with relishing flavors and textures!Special Features:
- Surprised by how much I loved it!Ehoop20Dined on 7/22/2014I went to Crossroads with a vegan friend. I am not. I was surprised at how delicious the food was, and I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- My Crossroads experienceBradDined on 7/22/2014Everything was absolutely perfect! The service was prompt, attentive, and friendly, the suggestions made by our waitress were excellent! The food was delicious, our party of four tried 8 dishes and loved everyone of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedkevisbruceleeDined on 7/21/2014My wife (vegan) and I (far from vegan) dined her for the first time for Valentines. She dubbed it her new favorite restaurant after that day. We came back to try their regular menu and we were not disappointed. We tried several dishes (tortellini, meatballs, ceasar salad and risotto) and enjoyed ever single bite. Every single staff member from the hostess to the waiter to the busboys to the valet were friendly and attentive. We had a few custom cocktails that were amazing. From the moment we dropped off our car to when we drove away we were all smiles. Thank you to the entire staff for making every visit to your restaurant special. It is really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014We've been to Crossroads a few times now and it's always a great experience. Everything from drinks, food to service are just perfect.Special Features:
- Outstanding Fine Dining VeganChicagoPeteVIPDined on 7/19/2014As a longtime fan of Green Zebra in Chicago, I was anxious to try Crossroads this past Saturday in LA. In sum, I think Crossroads is better! Chef Tal Ronnen has done an outstanding job of presenting a full-range, varied menu with some unique dishes as well as some his vegan takes on traditional "comforting classics" as he calls them. I started with the Lentil Flatbreads with 3 seasonal spreads (excellent!), followed by the absolutely amazing Watermelon Salad (I almost ordered it again for dessert!). My dining companion and I then split the Spiced Chickpeas (my least favorite dish, though still quite good), the Milanese and the Scaloppini Picata (we both wanted more!!!). It was a vegetarian's dream dinner. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.