Crossroads at House of Blues
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Crossroads at House of Blues
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.showboatac.com/restaurants/crossroads.html#.UyRZ4s76TCo
- Phone: 6093434088
- Hours of Operation:
Please refer to our website:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Aaron Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: Jitney & Taxi services are available for pick up & drop off from anywhere in Atlantic City.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: The Showboat Hotel and Casino offers an outside parking lot as well as garage parking & valet. Prices are based on weekday/weekend business levels.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues
Crossroads at House of Blues is a new dining experience featuring an eclectic menu. Just as House of Blues showcases a diversity of live music, Crossroads At House Of Blues incorporates flavors from all over the world in signature dishes like shrimp and grits, short rib meatball sliders, hand stretched grilled flatbreads and lobster mac and cheese.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crossroads at House of Blues reviews from OpenTable diners
- Poor Food QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Poor food quality and portions were small. The order did not come out as ordered. Overpriced for the type and poor quality of food. Would not go back!
- Poor up keepOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Staff was very friendly and accommodating, however the upkeep of the resturant was very poor. The molding on the ceiling was falling off. Food was average I had high expectations going to this resturants after reading reviews regarding the chef but was very disappointed when my food was dry and had no taste.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedjmevball28Dined on 3/14/2014I was a little disappointed to see an Aaron Sanchez named restaurant to be so mundane. There was nothing special about it and it was like any other boring chain restaurant I'd ever been to. I've dined at many other famous Chef restaurants and never have I been as disappointed as I was with this. It is a shame because the location is good and could be so much more than what it is. We definitely will not be returning with all of the other amazing dining options in Atlantic City.
- Good Food But Questionable ServicedonkeykongDined on 3/1/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the menu. Both of us were very quickly able to find something that interested us. The drink menu was also nicely varied and the cocktails were very good. The food was actually much better than I expected it to be. It won't win any awards, but it's more than edible and the prices were fairly reasonable for in-casino dining as well. The sole black mark was the service. We ate here once for dinner and once for breakfast and both times they seemed to have plenty of staff on hand, but none of them were actually providing much service. I always tip 20% unless the service is very poor and for breakfast I only left 10%. It was to the point we almost got up and left we waited to long for him to bring the check.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it overall. My foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014Enjoyed it overall. My food allergy was handled with no lessening in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutDol61Dined on 2/8/2014We stayed at this hotel and was excited to eat here looking at the options on the menu. The appetizer was ok, the drinks were amazing, the entree was not. Did not send it back we both just threw it away. Not the way I wanted to end my gigs night out. We both went to bed still hungry
- First visit to CrossroadsMikeDined on 2/1/2014It was our first visit to Crossroads while going to our second show at the House of Blues AC. Aaron Sanchez did a nice job putting together the menu. I got the jambalaya and my wife tried the cajun tacos. We also had a margarita and beer while we were there and stayed for dessert (chocolate cake and ice cream). It was a nice experience and we'll be back. I especially liked that we got passes to skip the line into the HOB show that night for dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nothing specialmfoyDined on 1/24/2014Hubby and I went there last Friday. Really nothing special about this HOB. I went to the one in Orlando and that one was fun, funky and nice. This one, not so much. Food was OK, service was slow to OK (and it really wasn't that busy for a Friday night), our waitress acted like she really didn't care. We went back the next morning for breakfast only because there is no other place in the Showboat casino to eat breakfast (except for Johnny Rockets ?) and again the food was not that great. Pancakes were tough and the tea was undrinkable.
- Drinks great/food could be bettersd12x300Dined on 1/11/2014Drinks were just like Downtown Disney venue. Food could have been prepared better. Not what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!umadeushappyDined on 12/13/2013Loved the St. Louis ribs! Restaurant was a little more run down than I thought it would be, but it's comfortable and casual. Aaron Sanchez' menu is great with a lot of good choices. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- Didn't Meet ExpectationsNJCarolynDined on 12/7/2013When I heard that the head chef of Crossroads was Food Network's Aaron Sanchez, I was very excited to dine there. However, I found my meal a bit underwhelming. The cocktails were imaginative and quite well-executed, especially the Cucumber Collins. Likewise, the cornbread with maple butter was a tasty appetizer. I often find cornbread to be bland, dry, and crumbly. This one, however, was moist and flavorful, with the sweetness of the maple butter offering a nice balance to the heat of the jalapeno peppers. Unfortunately, the entree of chili-braised short ribs was a disappointment. The meat was a bit dry and flavorless, as was the andouille corn pudding. The dish had great potential on paper but ended up to be just so-so.
- McDonalds with table serviceAndyNDined on 10/18/2013Very disappointed. Horrible layout with traffic everywhere. Menu and photos looked good online, but reality was very different. The tables are unbalanced (we tried two), which were just the first indicator that this was just a dressed up (barely) fast food restaurant. The second indicator was the big bottles of ketchup and mustard on the tables. No ambiance, facilities not kept in good repair, and a hostess who was disinterested led us to walk out after we were seated.Special Features:
- The service was fantastic!dinnerfor2Dined on 9/21/2013The service was fantastic! Our waiter recommended a fabulous meal, gave us time to decide without rushing us, kept an eye on the table without being obtrusive. The food was wonderful! A touch spicy, perfect portion and delicious. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too close for comfortheavygDined on 9/14/2013If you like sitting on the table next to you and very loud backround noise from the casino, this place is for you.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2013food was great. service was AWFUL. never again! never saw the waitstaff. food took forever to come out.Special Features:
- Going back for sureBestmommcDined on 9/6/2013We had made reservations ahead of time so we were seated immediately. The hostess was very cheerful. Our waiter was fantastic, very informative and polite. The drinks and food were great and took very little time to get to our table. Definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on the boardwalkPAMikeDined on 8/2/2013Had a tasty rack of ribs that really filled me up. My wife and I shared a Reeses's cup sundae that was delicious too! Liz was a great server and made the dinner even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We left before orderingTamiDined on 7/6/2013The House of Blues was not at all what we were expecting. I went there with my boyfriend hoping to hear some live jazz bands and get some great food. When we got there, the restaurant was almost empty so I didn't understand why after sitting there for 15 minutes a server still had not acknowledged us. It was barely a step up from McDonald's. Aaron Sanchez should be ashamed of himself for putting his name on such a restaurant. We got up to leave after 15 minutes. The manager asked us why were were leaving. We said that we thought we were going to hear some jazz music. He acted surprised and chuckled a little and said "oh no, not here"! That place is ridiculous!Special Features:
- Billed as New Orleans cuisine...notFoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2013Billed as New Orleans cuisine...not really. Not even close. Food is okay but cajun/creole, as it is billed, it is not.
- Dinner and a showsharonDined on 5/4/2013I went out as party of 4. We were looking for a quick dinner before a concert. Reservation made all the difference as there was line of patrons waiting to be seated. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time & served promptly. Our Waiter was personable and did not hover. Had a great meal with some drinks and made it to the show on time. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pre-ConcertpnabbieDined on 5/4/2013Great spot to have a meal before attending a concert at House of Blues. Overall, the menu and service are great. The shrimp and grits would be better if the grits were prepared traditionally; the fried grit cake was way too greasy.
- One of the best late nightvicjoDined on 4/27/2013One of the best late night dining and social spots in Atlatinc City!Special Features:
- shrimp and grits were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013shrimp and grits were outstanding. Impressed with how we were seated right away with having a reservation.Special Features:
- Had a really delicious meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Had a really delicious meal! Be sure to try one of the Aaron Sanchez specialty dishes - really good!Special Features:
- Very, Very unpleasantly surprised.UnpretentiousFoodieDined on 4/14/2013We've dined at HOB many times, here and elsewhere, and had always had a good meal. This was our first encounter with the new menu. I think our first warning sign was that our entrees came out too quickly--in less than five minutes. My wife had the shrimp & grits. while the shrimp were good, the 'fried grit cake' was too crispy--almost burned--while the grits were too mushy inside, and the cream sauce was not creamy at all--very thin and watery. I had the Applewood Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. It did not come out with the wild mushroom sauce (something I didn't realize until I pulled up the menu description to write this review) and the potatoes were cold inside. Service was iffy--hostess was disorganized and waiter was perfunctory.
- Close to concert venue butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013Close to concert venue but very much in the Casino. Would have preferred a separate restaurant.Food was the equivalent to Applebee's.
- Nice casino spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013We went for the AC restaurant week lunch menu. The waiter was wonderful and the meal was delicious. From the large salad to the juicy burger and down to the banana bread pudding. We enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Restaurant was not crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Restaurant was not crowded even though it was Restaurant Week. Went with a few friends for lunch. Food was good, but the service was extremly slow. We had a 1:30 pm reservation and we were there until 3:30pm.
- Not what we expected. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Not what we expected. Food was just average but I expected higher quality. Just a burger joint but I expected a somewhat nicer more upscale restaurant. Wait staff were very nice but a little slow.Special Features:
- needed more staff on 3/7/12OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2013needed more staff on 3/7/12 took long time to get order, drinks. food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Ordered chicken sandwich andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Ordered chicken sandwich and it came pink. I will not eat pink chicken. I was told it was the seasoning on the chicken that turned it pink, The chicken was not even hot. Food is verage.I though since it was Arron Sanchez's place it would be better then it was. I wont go there again unless its desperate move.
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013We were very disappointed in our meals. Hamburgers were dry and overcooked. Best thing on the menu was the cobb salad. Our waiter was rude and tried to pocket our cash payment and charge the other couple for our meal.
- Couldn't recommend. ServiceReviewmanVIPDined on 1/18/2013Couldn't recommend. Service is good, but food is really not. Oddly, the restaurants touts some "celebrity" chef as coming up with the menu, but there is absolutely nothing special about it. The burgers look like the ones you buy pre-made and frozen in the supermarket. Fries were OK, but how hard is it to make fries? Key lime pie dessert was really not tasty at all. Oh and the wine -- ten dollar bottle marked up nearly 3 times to $28 and not served at the proper temperature. It was warm, which means it must be stored near the kitchen.
- I had a burger and my husbandlfioDined on 1/12/2013I had a burger and my husband had the steak and both were just okay. We also had the steak quesidilla for an appetizer and it wasn't that good (very mushy) and it came out about 2 minutes before our entrees.
- Located in Showboat casino,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012Located in Showboat casino, good for a quick meal that doesn't cost too much.Special Features:
- Looks dated. Food very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2012Looks dated. Food very good. Service fine. Moderate pricesSpecial Features:
- BurgersFjasonVIPDined on 11/23/2012I don't normally order burgers in restaurants but it just seemed like the perfect place to indulge & we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012I think the tech guys responsible for the website need to get a promotion and whoever is in charge of running the Crossroads should be fired..looked so inviting and promising until u tried the food.. I love eating gourmet burgers from nice places and I was very let down by how bland and unexciting it was to eat..drinks are overpriced. I managed to get great service from the waiters and host.everything else was not worth the 3 and a half hour drive to atlantic city.
- The Brunch wasn't anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2012The Brunch wasn't anything I expected. When I got there they couldn't check me in because they're was something wrong with the system. The place look nothing like the picture.
- Food was disapointing. WentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2012Food was disapointing. Went to restaurent because the menu was redone by Aaron Sanchez. Food is typical house of blues food.