Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
1055 Fifth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/SanDiego
- Phone: 6195251966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Aarón Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC ON THE VOODOO STAGE (Thursday – Saturday No Cover!)
Enjoy a cocktail at our Salvation Alley Bar and groove to one of the many blues bands booked Thursday – Saturday on the Voodoo Stage. No tickets required.
TOTAL REQUEST KAL (Wednesday – Saturday)
Request your favorite songs during Happy Hour from 4-7pm. Enjoy $2/$3 Select Draft Beers, $3 Wells & Wines, $4 Martinis and a killer happy hour menu featuring items crafted by celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez.
LOCAL BREWS LOCAL GOOVES (Tuesdays)
Presented by KPRI & Listen Local SD every Tuesday at 7pm, featuring San Diego's finest local musicians and local breweries.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located on Fifth Ave in San Diego’s downtown business district inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open nightly for dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (12)late-night find (12)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Better than I would have expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014No problem getting a last-minute 6:00 reservation for the four of us for a 7:00 sold out show. Great happy hour deals -- good margaritas, spinach-artichoke dip. Burger with pulled pork was excellent, jambalaya was delicious and big enough to share. Service was attentive and polite. I'm happy to have chosen to eat her rather than in one of the few other restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Getting your food and drinks takes forever. We were there on a Friday night for happy hour. It wasn't even that crowded, but it took about 15 minutes to get a beer, and about 40 minutes to get our food which was just tacos, a salad, and a sandwich. The selection of draft beers is short. I don't understand why all bars don't offer at least one darker beer on tap. This bar does not. The food was tasty, but the portions were very small. Appetizers are supposed to be small, but they are overpriced for what you get. Two street tacos for $6. Street tacos are about 1/4 the size of regular tacos. Most places serve two regular tacos for $6 on happy hour. The Cobb Salad was good, but for the price, much smaller than other restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Drinks - so/so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was our first time and we loved the up beat ambiance. The bar-drink selections were really cool. We are fans of spicy cocktails and they made them well! Our appetizers were bland and tasteless, the dinner portions were large and was standard quality. We prefer the food quality and taste at some generic chain restaurants better. We will probably go back for the drinks sans the appetizers.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My son's band was playign there and we went to have dinner and watch. It was VERY LOUD, so conversation was almost impossible... But we were there to watch the bandsSpecial Features:
- Good food, disappointing finishjrgonz99Dined on 8/30/2014It started out good but went down hill bad. We enjoyed the food and the server was great, she was real nice and took care of us. As we sat there enjoying our meal and talking, the management staff were hovering around us because they needed our table. It was very uncomfortable. They would constantly look over at us, move tables around us, stand in the area, point to the tables and talk out loud how they were going to move things. The worst part is that we didn't just walk in, we made reservations for my wife's birthday. I should have had a conversation with the manager, but didn't want to mess thing up more. We also had tickets for the show. I don't think I will ever go there or recommend this place again. I was angry now just disappointed.
- Good food bar lacks quality drinks.from805Dined on 8/16/2014I had an overall good experience at the HOB. The food was good and hot did not take too long and the service was friendly. We where excited to order drinks before the concert and boy was that a let down! The bartender would not make a simple margarita or long island, I was hoping that in sending the drink back it would be fixed but NOT! Ended up ordering a beer but would will not order from their bar again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOnewldtng4uDined on 8/16/2014This is the only bar I know that has exceptional food and a dessert to die for! Super good for before a concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.JeriogDined on 8/14/2014Easy place to eat before a show but the food was average. Not bad at all but not spectacular. We asked for waters and they brought (and charged us) bottled. We wanted to bring them into the venue but they wouldn't let us even tho they were unopened. Service was really good.
- don't eat the foodnickname25Dined on 8/8/2014The steak salad was good, but the chicken club was beyond gross. It has a good feel if you here for the bar scene but don't expect to have good food if you are still sober.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerAdriDined on 7/31/2014I really enjoyed the food. And because it was my birthday I got a free birthday desert. The service was great, everyone was very kind. There was a band playing while I enjoyed my dinner. I would love to return when in San Diego area.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014If you are planning on dining at Crossroads prior to a show at HOB, give yourself 2 hours plus. We were seated promptly and had our drinks and appetizer order taken. Both came out and then we placed our dinner order. That took a long time to come out. My husband ordered another set of happy hour tacos, and after 30 mins, they still hadn't arrived. We are going to be late for the show so we asked for our check and left. We were a party of 3 and the restaurant was not overly crowded for a Thursday night. Next time we go to a show at HOB, we will dine elsewhere.Special Features:
- Overall goodTerrilDined on 7/19/2014I was surprised it had such a casual menu, felt more like a lunch or a lower end dinner place.Special Features:
- Great live music & foodFoodie4everDined on 7/5/2014The combination of watching Jerry 'Hot Rod' Demink Band perform and eating good food is an awesome combination. We all had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had a blast. Live music for free?? Loved it. The kids loved it. The kids got a music history lesson also. How fun. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodlove84Dined on 6/22/2014The menu selection was amazing. The food was very flavorful. The ambience was energetic and the drinks were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues RestaurantdastuckeDined on 6/21/2014What a dump! The only reason it got any stars was the food was edible. This place is dirty, noisy and it smelled like a sewer.
- House of Blues good foodCiscoKidDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere was very nice. Our waiter was very attentive. They put a lot of detail into the interior design. I prefer going here vs Hard Rock Cafe down the street. The main venue is down stairs and can hold 1,300 people. I suggest having dinner 1st, then going to a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Really nice waitress, & food was good, hamburgers & fries, but seemed a little run down Took awhile for them to figure out how to use the OpenTable Diners Cheque.
- Good serviceFuntimes56Dined on 6/9/2014REBEKAH did a fabulous job serving us! very beautiful person and friendly. the food and music Josh Damigo was great! We enjoyed the evening so much. VISITING FROM Oregon 50 something crowd, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues Crossroadschrisb7908Dined on 5/9/2014This was a great venue. Music was Excellent and vibe was energetic. Drinks and food was good as well....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego reviews archive.
- MemorableMCHRISDined on 5/8/2014Great food & a great time. VooDoo shrimp was excellent. Shrimp were cooked perfectly!!!!! & the flavor was outstanding, a little sweet/a little spicy. Basil flatbread was also done to perfection, just crispy enough without being on the burnt side. Our server was very helpful & couldn't have been any nicer. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The service was great and the staff were very friendly. We were extremely disappointed in the food. The spinach/artichoke dip was just average and the pita chips were tough and soggy. We had the fried chicken dinner. The chicken and coleslaw were nothing out of the ordinary, at least the garlic mashed potatoes were good.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.AllanDined on 5/8/2014Since Crossroads is in the House of Blues you would expect good jambalaya. The presentation was terrible and the food was worse. Terrible. The server never returned after serving the dinner to ask how it was. Another server finally cleared our table.Special Features:
- George ClintonPace13Dined on 5/1/2014Food and drinks were good.....just a bit loud while trying to eat/socialize. (live band was playing).Special Features:
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2014Great music, friends, service. The live bands were icing on the cake. Have to try the burbon bread puddingSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2014Great atmosphere. Loved the live music. Dining was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for Food And MusicClemensDined on 4/19/2014A Perfect Location for Food And Music. We had a perfect time during our stay. Food was perfect and the music even better. The service as well. Highly recommend by us. A must be in San DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff (except security)SecrityscaryDined on 4/17/2014Food, service, selection is great. But some of The security staff have a power trip. One of the people in our group was using a vapor pen during the cypress hill concert. Yes this is prohibited.Understood. But the security made their way to the front just to kick my friend out! They must have passed a half a dozen people on the way that were smoking joints! They should shut the place down and kick everyone out if it's thats the case.I don't appreciate the way they singled him out! There was no warning, just told to leave. If there is a policy or quota that must be filled, then they are going about it the wrong way. The security needs to get there stuff together and treat people equally before I will ever attend a show at the house of blues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake would've approved!AMP0305Dined on 4/9/2014First, it was blues jam night, so everything goes better with great blues music. Beyond that, the service was awesome, the queso had it's own little signature kick, and the burgers were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless Foodfood4usDined on 3/28/2014We went there for our weekend getaway. We were excited to taste the food created by Aaron Sanchez. Well the voodoo shrimp were good. But the jambalaya was awful! It didn't have any Cajun seasoning. Tasted more like tomatoes with bell peppers, something out of a can. The margarita was so watered down it wasn't worth getting another one. This place is overrated. If you have a choice go some where else. My husband said he needs more hands to give them more thumbs down as two aren't enough.
- music lovergoodeatsDined on 3/16/2014Great spot to hang out and listen to local bands. Can accommodate a large group too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Grub and GrogTkru22Dined on 3/14/2014The Crossroads at the House of Blues serves up a rockin good time with excellent food and a great spectrum of adult drinks. Stop by the bar to hear the house band play. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meet up before concertDan1Dined on 3/5/2014This a awesome place to start the whole HOB event! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music free Wed nightriverdalesueDined on 3/4/2014We went on Wed night to catch Anita DaBomb a local blues band. There is usually a band playing around 6:30pm to 11:00 pm so you can catch some music while you eat. The band was great, service was good and very friendly. The menu is pretty standard fare. We had Caesar salad with blackened shrimp and Chicken Quesadilla and it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pairing with Great MusiccosmoblivionDined on 2/23/2014I would not typically recommend a restaurant like House of Blues because they do not specialize in farm fresh or local food sources nor do they attempt to cover special dietary types in their regular menu. I do; however, recommend House of Blues when you have tickets for a performance there. The food is prepared with some concept to appearance and taste and the menu offers unique types of entrees. The quality is at least moderate to very good. The bar drinks are well done and include a few unusual types of microbrews and a very good hard cider as well as tasteful mixed drinks. Of course the music is the main reason for eating there is waiting nearby the music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for downtown spotMarilynVIPDined on 2/21/2014We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard to attend an evening event at Copley Symphony Tower and decided to walk next door for an early dinner here. Our server Holly was awesome. She knew the menu well, offered suggestions but did not oversell. The food prices on the Happy Hour menu were incredibly low and the food was really good. The bartender delivered great cocktails and we felt like we got our moneys worth. A nice band was just starting up when we left for our other event but sounded like one we would have enjoyed hearing. Overall we had a great experience with good food and great service and will definitely recommend and hopefully return. By the way the hotel was charming and a definite great place to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar... Not restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014I expected more of a restaurant feel on the restaurant side. We had terrible seating in the "hall" next to the restroom when the dining room was empty so we moved to the couches and are with plates on our laps. Service was HORRIBLY SLOW and when the food can out the order wasn't right. I didn't send it back because We didn't have another 45 minutes to wait for a salad with no black beans... Really it was that terrible. Menu was a typical bar appetizer menu. Portions were large but selection was poor unless you wanted pizza wings or burgers. Not the experience I was looking for, but the concert after dinner was great and after all that's why we were there.Special Features:
- New Politics ConcertFoodieDined on 2/17/2014I recently joined my 16 year old daughter for food and fun at The House of Blues in San Diego. We have enjoyed the House of Blues in Disneyland for years. We were attending the New Politics concert and decided to dine as well. There were no VIP packages and if you had dinner at the restaurant prior to the concert you could go to the front of the line....YAY!! We had a lovely night. I ordered the Buttermilk Chicken- I have not have Fried Chicken for over two years!!! and my daughter ordered the Shrimp Poor Boy. Good food, fun and great band!!! Foodie :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Service was great!Zee219VIPDined on 1/20/2014Good and Service was great! I went when they opened for dinner and it was nice and quiet. I had my little girl with me and was a little worried about bringing her, but she had a great time!Special Features:
- Happy Hour ValueRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed our dinner, Ivan did a great job with the service, it was early and no waiting. The pricing on Appetizers & drinks during Happy Hour is a super value. The Applewood Bacon wrapped Meat Loaf was very good and I loved the snow peas served as the vegetable. Wife had the Barbecue Slider as the Appetizer, which she has ordered before, but this time the barbecue was dry and there wasn't any cole slaw. The salads were very fresh and the combination of four types of lettuce, pecans, and dressing was very good.Special Features: