Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
1055 Fifth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/SanDiego
- Phone: (619) 525-1966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Aarón Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC ON THE VOODOO STAGE (Thursday – Saturday No Cover!)
Enjoy a cocktail at our Salvation Alley Bar and groove to one of the many blues bands booked Thursday – Saturday on the Voodoo Stage. No tickets required.
TOTAL REQUEST KAL (Wednesday – Saturday)
Request your favorite songs during Happy Hour from 4-7pm. Enjoy $2/$3 Select Draft Beers, $3 Wells & Wines, $4 Martinis and a killer happy hour menu featuring items crafted by celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez.
LOCAL BREWS LOCAL GOOVES (Tuesdays)
Presented by KPRI & Listen Local SD every Tuesday at 7pm, featuring San Diego's finest local musicians and local breweries.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located on Fifth Ave in San Diego’s downtown business district inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open nightly for dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good Food and Decent Beer SelectionPlasmamanVIPDined on 11/3/2014The Crossroads has a decent selection of local beers and the food quality was commendable. Food came out quickly, which was helpful given how hungry we were. The waitstaff was very attentive and responsive despite not having been up-to-date on what beers they had on tap. One draught beer was skunked which they immediately took back but all others were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaron Sanchez should be ashamedDisappointedinSDDined on 11/2/2014Food was sub-par and expensive. Overdressed salad was soggy; wings were smoky and tasted of vinegar; chicken tenders super overpriced. I was excited to eat here since Sanchez is the executive chef, but this was a total disappointment. Our waitstaff was excellent, but I will not be returning.
- chozingJCDined on 11/2/2014we celebrated a birthday party. The accommodations were great. The price of the food was expensive. All we could afford was an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerlovetoeatDined on 10/7/2014This was our first time for dinner. Was surprised that there was free local live entertainment. We sat off-side of the lounge in the small dining area. Which was great, we could still see and hear the band. However, the TVs in the front dining area were not tuned-in to any sports or shows. Bummed about that. Just House of Blues advertisement. I was surprised that the House of Blues was a more laid-back kind of place, which was okay. I imagined it would be more fancy. So my husband and I were a little more dressed than casual, but anything goes in the Gas Lamp of San Diego. The food was much better than I assumed it would be and also was told that it wasn't that great, but wanted to try it for ourselves and glad we did. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessDined on 10/7/2014The key lime pie was bursting with flavor and I liked the raspberry sauce. The music venue was easily accessible after dinner. It was my birthday and the waitress was very responsive. I mistook another waitress for my waitress and she fetched it regardless. The sweet potato fries were scrumptous, and the hamburger meat tasted fresh. The coffee was smooth. I got exceptional service. And, we loved ogling at the restaurant's quirky, chic decor during and after dinner. It gave us something to talk about. I liked the music playing in the restaurant. They were playing Death Cab for Cutie "Lack of Color" :-) It is my favorite song. Everything about that night was perfect.Special Features:
- fun nightgoodfoodDined on 10/6/2014we loved our dinner and loved getting to pass the line!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, Good food..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014I read a lot of negative revues about the restaurant and the live venue. This was not the case for me and my girlfriend. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was good, not great which is what I would expect from a HOB dining experience. The hot tip is spend $40 on food and drinks and then take your receipt into the HOB gift shop to get pass the line privileges. Kind of like a disneyland fastpass. Was great to walk staight to the front of the long line and get right in like a vip. This made it possible to get front of the stage for the show which was great.
- Great ServiceletsmotorsdDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress Cheryl was very attentive along with the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I really enjoyed my time at The House of Blues. The food was excellent. Service was excellent. I did like the manager coming to our table to check on how we were doing and if we were satisfied with everything. My Wife and I both work she has 40 hour week and I Two jobs at 80 hours and we try to make our time out enjoyable and something to remember. The House of Blues did this for us and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Great happy hour! No where else in downtown can you get a pint for $2. Food was good, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I would have expectedDAnnunzioDined on 9/14/2014No problem getting a last-minute 6:00 reservation for the four of us for a 7:00 sold out show. Great happy hour deals -- good margaritas, spinach-artichoke dip. Burger with pulled pork was excellent, jambalaya was delicious and big enough to share. Service was attentive and polite. I'm happy to have chosen to eat her rather than in one of the few other restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service.GoodTasteDined on 9/12/2014Getting your food and drinks takes forever. We were there on a Friday night for happy hour. It wasn't even that crowded, but it took about 15 minutes to get a beer, and about 40 minutes to get our food which was just tacos, a salad, and a sandwich. The selection of draft beers is short. I don't understand why all bars don't offer at least one darker beer on tap. This bar does not. The food was tasty, but the portions were very small. Appetizers are supposed to be small, but they are overpriced for what you get. Two street tacos for $6. Street tacos are about 1/4 the size of regular tacos. Most places serve two regular tacos for $6 on happy hour. The Cobb Salad was good, but for the price, much smaller than other restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Drinks - so/so foodEasyGoingFunCoupleDined on 9/12/2014It was our first time and we loved the up beat ambiance. The bar-drink selections were really cool. We are fans of spicy cocktails and they made them well! Our appetizers were bland and tasteless, the dinner portions were large and was standard quality. We prefer the food quality and taste at some generic chain restaurants better. We will probably go back for the drinks sans the appetizers.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My son's band was playign there and we went to have dinner and watch. It was VERY LOUD, so conversation was almost impossible... But we were there to watch the bandsSpecial Features:
- Good food, disappointing finishjrgonz99Dined on 8/30/2014It started out good but went down hill bad. We enjoyed the food and the server was great, she was real nice and took care of us. As we sat there enjoying our meal and talking, the management staff were hovering around us because they needed our table. It was very uncomfortable. They would constantly look over at us, move tables around us, stand in the area, point to the tables and talk out loud how they were going to move things. The worst part is that we didn't just walk in, we made reservations for my wife's birthday. I should have had a conversation with the manager, but didn't want to mess thing up more. We also had tickets for the show. I don't think I will ever go there or recommend this place again. I was angry now just disappointed.
- Good food bar lacks quality drinks.from805Dined on 8/16/2014I had an overall good experience at the HOB. The food was good and hot did not take too long and the service was friendly. We where excited to order drinks before the concert and boy was that a let down! The bartender would not make a simple margarita or long island, I was hoping that in sending the drink back it would be fixed but NOT! Ended up ordering a beer but would will not order from their bar again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOnewldtng4uDined on 8/16/2014This is the only bar I know that has exceptional food and a dessert to die for! Super good for before a concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.JeriogDined on 8/14/2014Easy place to eat before a show but the food was average. Not bad at all but not spectacular. We asked for waters and they brought (and charged us) bottled. We wanted to bring them into the venue but they wouldn't let us even tho they were unopened. Service was really good.
- don't eat the foodnickname25Dined on 8/8/2014The steak salad was good, but the chicken club was beyond gross. It has a good feel if you here for the bar scene but don't expect to have good food if you are still sober.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerAdriDined on 7/31/2014I really enjoyed the food. And because it was my birthday I got a free birthday desert. The service was great, everyone was very kind. There was a band playing while I enjoyed my dinner. I would love to return when in San Diego area.Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego reviews archive.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014If you are planning on dining at Crossroads prior to a show at HOB, give yourself 2 hours plus. We were seated promptly and had our drinks and appetizer order taken. Both came out and then we placed our dinner order. That took a long time to come out. My husband ordered another set of happy hour tacos, and after 30 mins, they still hadn't arrived. We are going to be late for the show so we asked for our check and left. We were a party of 3 and the restaurant was not overly crowded for a Thursday night. Next time we go to a show at HOB, we will dine elsewhere.Special Features:
- Overall goodTerrilDined on 7/19/2014I was surprised it had such a casual menu, felt more like a lunch or a lower end dinner place.Special Features:
- It was okHonestReviewsDined on 7/9/2014I ordered one of their burger, the bread was wet and soggy from all the sauces and was incredibly messy. My fiancee had the steak which was cooked as ordered, medium rare, but it was real bland, it had no flavor.Special Features:
- Great live music & foodFoodie4everDined on 7/5/2014The combination of watching Jerry 'Hot Rod' Demink Band perform and eating good food is an awesome combination. We all had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had a blast. Live music for free?? Loved it. The kids loved it. The kids got a music history lesson also. How fun. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoccVIPDined on 6/27/2014All and all it was 'okay' but not the place an older couple looking for a nice dinner out would want to go. My son claims the bar scene is fun.Special Features:
- AwesomeFoodlove84Dined on 6/22/2014The menu selection was amazing. The food was very flavorful. The ambience was energetic and the drinks were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues RestaurantdastuckeDined on 6/21/2014What a dump! The only reason it got any stars was the food was edible. This place is dirty, noisy and it smelled like a sewer.
- House of Blues good foodCiscoKidDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere was very nice. Our waiter was very attentive. They put a lot of detail into the interior design. I prefer going here vs Hard Rock Cafe down the street. The main venue is down stairs and can hold 1,300 people. I suggest having dinner 1st, then going to a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Really nice waitress, & food was good, hamburgers & fries, but seemed a little run down Took awhile for them to figure out how to use the OpenTable Diners Cheque.
- Good serviceFuntimes56Dined on 6/9/2014REBEKAH did a fabulous job serving us! very beautiful person and friendly. the food and music Josh Damigo was great! We enjoyed the evening so much. VISITING FROM Oregon 50 something crowd, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues Crossroadschrisb7908Dined on 5/9/2014This was a great venue. Music was Excellent and vibe was energetic. Drinks and food was good as well....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableMCHRISDined on 5/8/2014Great food & a great time. VooDoo shrimp was excellent. Shrimp were cooked perfectly!!!!! & the flavor was outstanding, a little sweet/a little spicy. Basil flatbread was also done to perfection, just crispy enough without being on the burnt side. Our server was very helpful & couldn't have been any nicer. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The service was great and the staff were very friendly. We were extremely disappointed in the food. The spinach/artichoke dip was just average and the pita chips were tough and soggy. We had the fried chicken dinner. The chicken and coleslaw were nothing out of the ordinary, at least the garlic mashed potatoes were good.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.AllanDined on 5/8/2014Since Crossroads is in the House of Blues you would expect good jambalaya. The presentation was terrible and the food was worse. Terrible. The server never returned after serving the dinner to ask how it was. Another server finally cleared our table.Special Features:
- George ClintonPace13Dined on 5/1/2014Food and drinks were good.....just a bit loud while trying to eat/socialize. (live band was playing).Special Features:
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2014Great music, friends, service. The live bands were icing on the cake. Have to try the burbon bread puddingSpecial Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2014Great atmosphere. Loved the live music. Dining was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for Food And MusicClemensDined on 4/19/2014A Perfect Location for Food And Music. We had a perfect time during our stay. Food was perfect and the music even better. The service as well. Highly recommend by us. A must be in San DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff (except security)SecrityscaryDined on 4/17/2014Food, service, selection is great. But some of The security staff have a power trip. One of the people in our group was using a vapor pen during the cypress hill concert. Yes this is prohibited.Understood. But the security made their way to the front just to kick my friend out! They must have passed a half a dozen people on the way that were smoking joints! They should shut the place down and kick everyone out if it's thats the case.I don't appreciate the way they singled him out! There was no warning, just told to leave. If there is a policy or quota that must be filled, then they are going about it the wrong way. The security needs to get there stuff together and treat people equally before I will ever attend a show at the house of blues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.