Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans
225 Decatur Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/neworleans/
- Phone: (504) 310-4961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for Happy Hour every day from 3-6pm with live music every Friday night from 5-8pm.*
Tuesday is our Comedy Open Mic and Thursday is Allstar Comedy Revue. Both start at 8pm and are hosted by Leon Blanda.*
Check the House of Blues New Orleans event calendar at our website for a current list of our Music Hall shows and Voodoo Garden events.
*All event times are subject to change due to private parties.
- Special Events: The House of Blues can accommodate parties from 10 to 1000. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: Iberville
- Public Transit: The House of Blues is accessible off the St Charles and Magazine street cars, along with the Magazine St bus-line.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Crossroads at the House of Blues offers validated parking for The Shops at Canal Place covered garage on the corner of N. Peters and Canal. The rate is $7 for up to 6 hours.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located in the heart of the New Orleans French Quarter inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues New Orleans is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (19)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- The shrimp appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014We celebrated my husband 55 birthday and the hostesses washed him a happy birthday right when we gave our names. The 2 servers we had were very nice and fast. We made it to our comedy show with a little time to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My reservation was for 7:30pm. I was seated immediately. The waitress took my drink order. My drink arrived almost an hour later. The waitress took my food over around 8:20pm. OK. My food arrived around 9pm. The steak was a little salted. The waitress fail to inform me that the kitchen will be substitute the mash potatoes with Mac and cheese. The vegetables I was serviced...horrible. The whole experience was terrible. I wasn't the only table that had this issues. No sense of urgency. None. Yes I do understand it was a Sunday night. I have dine in other restauranst with more volume and complex menu and they did a phenomenal jobSpecial Features:
- Great food/Great ServiceJen13Dined on 11/6/2014We had a blast at Crossroads at House of Blues in NOLA...great food/service!!Special Features:
- Try the Build-Your-Burger!LovetoreviewDined on 10/31/2014HOB was a little ways from the bars, but perfect for an early dinner before heading out. I highly recommend the Build-Your-Burger!Special Features:
- Good Juicy Lucy burger!RockyMountainDaveDined on 10/31/2014I took my teenage daughters AND parents to House of Blues on our vacation to New Orleans. We all found something appealing to order and our food was delicious. Four of us had the Juicy Lucy burger, and we all agreed it was one of our top 5 burgers -- and we consider ourselves to be somewhat burger connoisseurs. :). We went at 5:00 so there was no wait. The service was good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Bread Pudding!MommyDebbieDined on 10/20/2014Visited House of Blues in Orlando and could not wait to try New Orleans. They too were truly delicious and the bread pudding was outstanding! I was not disappointed! Thank you for your high standards from the drinks to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funLovetoTravelDined on 10/18/2014Unique place to stop for lunch, dinner and/or drinks. Great bands also at the Voodoo Lounge.Special Features:
- finally!I could take my 10 yearoldHh8StayingHomeDined on 10/14/2014It was my birthday so i got a free slice of pie. The service was great. Drink could have been much stronger. I was FINALLY able to take my grand daughter (who lives with us) to a place where we could see music and comedy!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foundation Roo,mCommodoreDined on 10/4/2014We were able to attend the Foundation Room through a close friend. The food was as good or better than the "star" rated restaurants in Nola. Wine list was very impressive and service top notch. We will return.Special Features:
- Anniversary DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014This was a very pleasant dining experience. Our server was kind, patient and very knowledgable of the menu... Our food was delicious and the only problem I had all night was that I got full and had to take my entree home with me. This was a great time for my wife and I on a very special night for us. Thank you Crossroads-House of Blues!Special Features:
- Nice timeangela2084Dined on 9/26/2014Went to HOB to eat because I had tickets for a show there but thoroughly enjoyed it and the food was good. Only comment would be that it was a tad bit pricey and noisy, couldn't hear my table conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!!!!danie2davidDined on 9/13/2014The menu selections for food and drinks were wonderful and both tasted exceptional. Its a lively, fun place to hang out. My sister and I celebrated our birthdays there. We enjoyed visiting the gift shop and purchased several t-shirts for our family. We look forward to visiting there again.Special Features:
- Great location and great foodhethersDined on 8/26/2014We ate here as we had a concert to attend at the House of Blues, so it was very convenient. Our server, Sydney, was very attentive, helpful, and efficient. This is not a fancy restaurant, but they have great food and a great atmosphere. We had the voodoo shrimp appetizer, which was large grilled shrimp with a delicious sauce over cornbread, and a juicy lucy burger which had chipotle mayo and fried jalapenos on it. The beef was cooked just right at medium. I had a great glass of wine, however, their wine list is limited. The beer list was short, too. But, my husband asked if there was any beer not listed on the menu, and thankfully, they did have one of his favorite new local beers available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad all arounddiversitycandoit1Dined on 8/18/2014My wife and I ate at Crossroads at House of Blues last evening. I have not been to the House of Blues in over 15 years. It looks like it did when I last visited. The waiter was extremely inexperienced regarding drinks. We started off with an ordered the spinach and artichoke dip. It was awful. It looked like they took a box of frozen spinach, put it in a small cast iron skillet, placed a slice of cheese (unknown), and broiled it. It was dry and lacked a discernible flavor. We opted to end our meal and head to the TOTO concert. Unfortunately, the House of Blues remains one of the worst concert venues in New Orleans. Unless you are on the floor or at the edge of the balcony upstairs you cannot see the band.
- not too badobelle02Dined on 8/14/2014This was not what I expected. The place is pretty laid back but the prices certainly are not. The night we went there was a free comedy night and 5 out of the 6 comedians were pretty bad. One of them was so bad my husband and I actually fell asleep listening to them. At first our waiter was great and attentive but as soon as it got a little busy she never came by our table again which actually made her lose out because we had planned on ordering at least 2 more drinks and a dessert. She came back to our table at the end of the show and by then we were just so ready to leave we paid for the food and called it a night. The food itself was nice. I don't remember right now what I had but I remember my sweet potato fries were awesome!Special Features:
- Great food and environmentluvgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014House of Blues was great! The food and the overall environment was awesome. We had dinner with friends here and would definitely visit again when in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went hereLaurenEly5Dined on 8/7/2014My sister is still raving about the shrimp & grits. I had the lobster mac & cheese and it was totally boss! The service was great also. When we're back in the Big Easy, we'll be sure to return.Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Crossroads at House of Blues - New Orleans reviews archive.
- not impressednotimpressedDined on 7/25/2014NO bread other than a pan of corn bread? I ordered a salad and pasta and the waiter told me there was NO bread available. But if you order a Caesar salad you get a slice of thick toast. But they couldn't give me a slice because they are for the Caesar salads only. WHAT????? Then we went into the concert area and ordered a dirty martini... not can't do that, we have no olives or olive juice. WHAT?????? Went to another bar location and asked again. This time the bartender told me she would have to order it from the kitchen. The word was that people were eating the olives so they took them away. Then keep them under the counter. Management need to consider they are serving their guests, and have standard items that restaurants/bars provide.
- Great FindcharinmsDined on 7/20/2014We went to Crossroads before a concert at House of Blues and are so happy we did. The food and service were great, and the convenience of going straight to the concert made it even better. We'll definitely be visiting Crossroads every time we go to House of Blues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was a failureKysha7Dined on 7/18/2014I am sorry to say my visit to HOB for my birthday was a great disappointment. I thought because of it's reputation and the fact I was in a city known for it's great cuisine it would be a great experience. Unfortunately all of our food came out cold. Then when everything was made over, the food was still underwhelming. Many of the meals had very little season or flavor. Unfortunately I would have to say it was my least favorite meal during my entire vacation. The one good thing I can say is the manager Mary was very pleasant and accommodating to us, although our waiter was not the best. I wouldn't come back here for food but I would give the bar, outdoor concerts, and shows another chance.Special Features:
- Food and service were terriblegreenrotiferDined on 7/8/2014We got there at 630 expecting to be done in about 45 minutes. I booked this because we were going to a concert there with the doors opening at 7. We werent done until after 8. The waitress forgot our drinks, and our salads were mediocre. Overall we wouldnt eat there again because the food was over priced, and because it caused us to miss part of the show.
- Disappointed GuestTastyVIPDined on 7/7/2014I always find my way to a House of Blues when I am in an area where there is one available. I have been to this one before, and for some reason, the food and service did not compare to what is the norm at other House of Blues throughout the US. I was thoroughly disappointed and so were the two people with me which was their first time coming to a Crossroads restaurant at a House of Blues.
- romantic dinigluvinsexyplacestoeatDined on 7/2/2014The OpenTable is a very sexy & romantic place to dine. I took my husband for an extension into our anniversary week. The lighting makes your dining experience very romantic. The choice of food and wine makes your taste buds explode. We will come back again when we visit New Orleans next year. Please enjoy your experience as we did ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the roadDaddyGDined on 7/2/2014I'm a fan of Aaron Sanchez and loved the house of blues in Las Vegas so I had to try his New Orleans restaurant. It wasn't as good, but it was still good. Our waitress, Mamma D, was exceptional, engaging, and her food recommendation was spot on. The place felt a little dusty and the blues brothers statues outside were in need a repair. However, the food was good and I would come back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placereefshark50Dined on 6/28/2014We had a good time dining at Crossroads. he service was excellent especially at the beginning, but kind of slacked off towards the end of the meal. We loved the atmosphere, my 3 teen-aged kids thought it was a great place. Thanks for making our first New Orleans dinner a fun one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrossroadsFoodSnobDined on 6/27/2014The food was not great but not bad and I was not very happy with how long it took our food to come out. It took at least 45 minutes for the food to come out and when it did my food was not hot at all. My Po Boy was edible buts fries were cold and had to be sent back. Overall I was not pleased but to say I have been to The House of Blues is worth it.Special Features:
- Popular spotVisitorDined on 6/20/2014Good menu variety. Lots of room. A real taste of NOLA and the French QuarterSpecial Features:
- I wil not return there to eat.MozartDined on 6/15/2014I ordered the shrimp poboy & was told they did not have any. So I ordered the flat bread that was burnt to a crisp on the bottom. My grandaughter had what was suppose to be a grilled cheese but it was not grilled & tasted horrible & was sent back. All of the fries were cold. My daughter-in-law had a very dry hamburger & could only eat part of it. My son enjoyed the ribs but had to send a drink back that was watered down. Our waitress was very attentive. We could see someone standing in the doorway of the ktchen blowing his nose. The only thing I liked were my drinks.
- Great Food Slow ServicelisajackDined on 6/12/2014The food was tremendously great, but the service was slow and not up to par. The waitress seemed to not work efficiently. People were walking out and obviously disgruntle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, unique experienceEyedocDined on 5/27/2014We went here for lunch on a Tuesday. The place was dead, which was fine by me because we had attentive service and our waiter was super nice, but we didn't get the full "House of Blues" experience. I had the pulled pork sliders with a salad. The salad was good, but the pork was just okay. I've had a lot better, but it wasn't inedible. My husband had the fish tacos. They have a market fish of the day, so each day could be different. The fish that day was swordfish and he seemed to enjoy it very much. If you're looking for excellent food, you can find a lot better places in NOLA, but if you want an unique experience, this could be the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Awesome food & cocktail list!!! Lobster mac n cheese was terrific!Special Features:
- Great Variety and Fun ChoicesjenniefoodieDined on 5/25/2014While a "chain", the food was really good... the drinks were outstanding. We enjoyed all of our food (I LOVED the Juicy Lucy burger!) and my Jalapeno Tequila based drink was delicious! It doesn't hurt that this works great if you're going to enjoy some music there later. Service was a bit lack-luster, but the place was fairly empty and maybe they were just feeling a bit underwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and kinda hiddenJesusaurusRexDined on 5/17/2014I'll keep it short and sweet. We had a group of seven and a huge variety of food ordered. It all came out hot and delicious, which, unfortunately, can be rare in New Orleans. Staff was friendly, check was a little slow coming out, otherwise it was really great. Food tried... Cole slaw Diablo Shrimp Grilled Chicken pasta stuff Ruby Burger Wedge Salad Applewood Bacon wrapped meatloaf(I had this) Angus Sliders No complaints from the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Key Lime PieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014If you are a fan of Key Lime pie... give the HOB KLPie a chance. As a self proclaimed aficionado, I give a close second to the Gold Standard in Key West ! !Special Features:
- A Rocky Start but GREAT ServiceAngieDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom and friend here on mother's day. We arrived with a Restaurant.com gift certificate to which the hostest shut us down saying the voucher couldn't be used on holidays. The vocher didn't say that so we were allowed to use it. Julian, our server, was great!! He was soo attentative and very personable. He made great recomendations for the Voodoo shrimp as an app and the Shrimp and Grits as an entree. Both lived up to my expectations. We also had the Burbon Bread Pudding which was a great ending. Overall I was satisfied from the great service and food. At the end I paid with my credit card which says "Please see ID". No one ever asks but Julian did! Bounus points! Little things like that really make a difference.Special Features:
- Our dinner in House of BluesMartDined on 4/26/2014Good service, and all you may want to try in you visit to New Orleans. Great concert!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasant - Don't go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2014The "new" menu does not match with the menu posted at Open Table and on the HoB web site and the item I intended to order was not available on the "new" menu. Signature Cornbread - Stale "crispy" chicken wings - gooey - definitely not fried. Sandwiches - not at all special I'm not sure what the distraction was, because the place was not very busy when we arrived but, for all the attention the "manager" gave when seating us, the server was slow in getting to us and nearly invisible except for taking an delivering our order. It didn't help that had no place-setting for several minutes after my meal was delivered. It seemed like the folks in the back room were enjoying the band - Don't go for the food
- house of blues resturantbluesDined on 4/11/2014The voodoo shrimp over cornbread was amazing and the Juicy Lucy was by far the best burger I had this year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday with bluesTitaLindaDined on 4/9/2014had a great time with my family for my husbands birthday. hob beads were a nice touch as well as complimentary dessert staff extremely attentive ( Julian and Leon) will recommend to friends as food is delicious. had the fried chicken and ate all 4 pieces,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but Nothing SpecialrickyDined on 4/7/2014The food had some highlights including the gumbo and pasta bolognese which were both very good. I was very disapointed in my salad which was a limited portion of very wet spinach leaves that were over dressed and soggy. The shrimp po boy ok and the fried chicken was well cooked (moist on the inside and crispy outside) but lacked any flavor. Too bland for my taste. Price was just OK. The server was very friendly and generally responsive, except when my daughter knocked over my drink and our server did not offer to help us clean up. She did bring us more napkins but only a small amount of paper napkins so we had to use our "starched" table napkins. I thought that at least an "offer' to help with a wet rag would have been appropriate.Special Features: