Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
1204 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/houston
- Phone: 8326677781x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:00am - Close
Saturday: 12:00pm - Close.
Sunday: 12:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers in-house event catering for groups of 30 to 3,000 through our special events department. Please call 832.667.7755 for additional information.
- Entertainment: Crossroads at House of Blues offers live entertainment Thursday through Sunday evenings.
- Cross Street: Dallas Street
- Public Transit: The public transit spot nearest to House of Blues is located at the corner of San Jacinto Street and Dallas Street, just one block from the venue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: House of Blues, located in GreenStreet, offers several guest parking options. Valet parking is available at our front door, there is surface lot parking at the corner of Dallas and Caroline (behind Reserve 101), and there are conveniently located parking garages at the corner of Polk and Fannin, and on Dallas Street between San Jacinto and Caroline. Street parking in the area is free after 6:00pm.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located on Caroline Street inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sánchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp and grits, short ribs, fire-grilled flatbreads and warm bourbon bread pudding. Plus, some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music and art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (38)special occasion (37)hot spot (34)late-night find (28)great for brunch (22)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fun, but some service issues.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed the band and even didn't mind that they were so loud we couldn't talk. Food was good. The only complaint we have is it took half an hour to get 3 drinks from the bar because the bar was "so backed up". In a place like this where many people are eating before catching a show at HOB, they should move a little more quickly. Other than the ridiculously slow bar service, we enjoyed dining there. We will give it another chance. Maybe it was an "off" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spot for pre-HOB eventsMseanbDined on 8/29/2014It's convenient to the HOB theater, so I would definitely go back. Nice varied drink menu for cocktails. But I would enjoy a few more craft beer choices (American IPAs from the west coast would be awesome - Lagunitas IPA, Stone, Green Flash, just for starters). generous portions of regional favorites, but just okay to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast!NixitDined on 8/25/2014Really fun dinner and great beer selection...followed by a fantastic performance by Mark Ballas and then Jesse McCartney. Can't wait to go back next month! This will definitely be a regular girls night out spot for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not please with FOODbclark627Dined on 8/16/2014I was not please with my choice meal. My date was please with his choice. The fish tacos was fishy, small and not tasty. Thw waitress was GREAt we was allow to view the Foundation Room and had another experience. I was a member in New Orleans with my organization and wanted to become a personal member. I had a glass of Chad Kendall Jackson and a Miller lite, total ($20) I didnt know about that until my guess and I got home. Bad expereince witht the Foundation Room but enjoyed the music downstairs. We wanted to know how and what cost to become a member because I enjoyed being a member for years. I wanted to show my boyfriend a great place to hang out so that he will get us a memebership. Parking was $15 I think that was crude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Here !!GBrown0816Dined on 8/16/2014Was at your House of Blues_Houston location this part Saturday night (the 16th). My 53rd birthday. We planned on dinner at Crossroads, and afterwards seeing a local band that was playing there that night; Generation Landslide! The meal was perfect. A little pricey. Service was great. The whole experience was very good EXCEPT...the coffee. Either wasn't fresh, or you guys are competing with Star Bucks with who serves the strongest tasting coffee. I would recommend toning it down some (you just Community Coffee...I'm guessing). A more milder roast...but not too weak. BESIDES that...all is well. Would do the whole experience again. Dinner and Generation Landslide! was wonderful. A fun time was had by my wife and myself. We'll be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourShancamDined on 8/15/2014Happy hour was great. I was also able to use the "skip the line" feature for an entrance into the concert. Managed to get front row!!!! Yay!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient dining before a concertLJinTXDined on 8/14/2014We decided to try Crossroads out because we were going to a concert at House of Blues. We were seated promptly and there were plenty of tables available in the 6pm time frame. Also, they have a stage and a 2 person band was playing - too loud to really have a conversation at the table. The best item we had was the Voodoo Shrimp - just order it! Large shrimp in a delicious sauce on top of cornbread - really large enough for 1 person for a meal or 2-3 people to share as an appetizer. Food came quickly, however drinks did not. You can get in and out in an hour or so to make a concert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great music, and even better food. Service was great as well. Note, if you are taking a date here just know that this is a live music establishment, so it will be hard to hear your date. If you're coming for great food and live music though...this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service is BadGoSpursGoDined on 8/9/2014We ordered an appetizer then drinks. After about 10 minute, we ordered dinner. Still waiting for drinks. After another 10 minutes we got our appetizer and food at the same time. Drinks came 5 minutes later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At CrossroadsFoodie002Dined on 8/3/2014Visited the restaurant as it was close to the location I would be staying in Downtown. Found the menu to be a bit pricey, but not exorbitant. The hostess was charming and attentive; My dish was the Steak Salad with balsamic vinegarette and i found it to be suitable for the time of evening for which I was dining.Special Features:
- craft beer insultDnKBrownVIPDined on 8/1/2014cancelled reservation at Mia Bella because of an email announcing new craft beer little did I know a 12 ounce can would cost $8.50 not even draft !really?? I had a 16 ounce draft in Austin for $5 same beer. food is good but I will not be having beer there againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Awesome!Dad4eatinggoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014I expected this place to be like any other bar and grill. I made reservation the day we went and knew that was different. We walked and right away the staff was so attentive and looked you in the eye and made you feel welcome. The menu had American cuisine as well as unique items such as bacon wrapped meatloaf. The meal was delicious, the ambiance was great, and our waitress was so nice and very professional that I am bummed I dont remember her name. I would recommend this for a group of friends or a couples night out or anything in between. The meal was very reasonably priced for families as well. We will be going back for on our next visit to the House of blues. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues -CrossroadsLSUMikeDined on 7/31/2014Great stop on your way to the concert. service was prompt and food is quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beCindyDined on 7/25/2014Two of us went to dinner on a Friday night. I ordered my usual baby back ribs which I love and my friend ordered the macaroni and cheese lobster dish. My baby back ribs were very tough. In the past they would just slide off the bone. When the waitress asked how our order was I said, these ribs aren't like I had them before where they just slid off the bone. She asked me how long it had been since I had ordered them and I said about 6 months. She said they had changed the menu some and that the ribs were made differently now and that everyone loved them. Well I guarantee you I will never order them again. My friends meal was very pricey for the amount of lobster she got. Enjoyed the music but don't think I will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server/Service was awful!FineDiningisaHobbyDined on 7/24/2014Server messed up our drink order. Although the dining room was fairly empty, our food took 40 mins to come out. Had to ask another server to grab our food when we saw it in the window because our server was m.i.a. PLUS, server swiped the wrong amount on our cards and didn't even tell us!
- hunnypot1076Dined on 7/18/2014Our server Brittany was excellent. She was very friendly and attentive to our needs. She made our first experience at this restaurant very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre_concert spotsputnikDined on 7/18/2014Excellent for preconcert dining_ must make reservations though. Food to avoid _ chicken wings. Tasted fake grilled, not fried as stated. House salad was excellent. Packed, but not because of the food. Don' t expect gourmet food, but a great preconcert atmosphere.Special Features:
- Can't beat the House of BluesgoodtimegirlsDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food,service and atmosphere at Crossroads in Houston. I recommend showing up early and hanging out in the bar for a bit. Make a reservation...especially if there is a show in one of the venues ir you won't get a table! A hot spot in downtown Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewSquirtDined on 7/18/2014Place was packed. Went there before a concert. Bartender was new and kept making our drinks wrong. We got charged for all of them. A little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!WillBBackDined on 7/17/2014Meal, service, ambiance and cleanliness were Great! Manager came by and asked how was everything. Live music during dinner before Los Lonely Boys concert upstairs! A+ Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre concert placeHoustonfoodieDined on 7/17/2014Ate dinner here before a concert at HOB. All the servers were extremely nice and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were tended to. Great service, menu could use more variety but food tasted fine for a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it to see a band10s4funDined on 7/17/2014The food was good, but not great. Prices were a little high on the food and quite high for the drinks. I guess that is so they can afford to bring in the bands. But, although the website says the band is going to be there at 6:00, they did not start until after 6:30. We did enjoy the music played by Ransom Bandits. I would go again to hear that band, but would not go just to eat the food.Special Features:
- Nice Weekend SpotSunnygirlDined on 7/6/2014Great band onstage and the food was great. Waitstaff very experienced and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrossroadsJustadinerDined on 7/5/2014The service was good and the music was great! Enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNettieRuthDined on 7/4/2014We ordered the Voodoo shrimp. The cornbread was practically cold. The sauce was like a salty gravy. Shrimp were cooked well. My friend ordered the lobster mac&cheese. There were literally six bits of lobster in the dish. We felt totally cheated! The steak was very tasty. The mashed potatoes were almost soupy. I guess they'd been over beaten. I don't think I'll return to this location. Finally, our waiter was not attentive. He was MIA until he delivered the check.Special Features:
- horriblelikesgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/3/2014rubber fish and soggy beans. Live band had limited talent and their microphones were turned up way too high. Plenty of better options for a pre-concert meal.
- HOB- HoustonfrequentdinerDined on 7/2/2014Table was available at the reserved time, no waiting needed. We had a great new waitress named Tara, where it was her first night on her own. Very energetic. We enjoyed the food and service so much, that we went there 3 times during our stay in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Service was just ok. Ribs were overlooked and dry. Bit overpriced for quality.
- Love the HOBTuckerDined on 6/24/2014Great food, prices are reasonable. Mostly all of the food is a little spicy. But it is delicious.Special Features:
- enjoyed dinner before showedpenningtonDined on 6/21/2014we enjoyed our dinner before going to a concert at House of Blues. The food was OK ... not great, not bad. the service we had was wonderful. Waitress very attentive and made it easy for us to take our time as we were in no hurry to get to the concert. if we go to another concert at House of Blues would certainly consider eating at Crossroads again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Active place, great serviceNocturnalPlayDined on 6/21/2014My wide and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary by enjoying a meal and concert. We really enjoyed the Voodoo shrimp and fish tacos. The band did a great job creating an ambience for the start of our evening. Later saw Danny Gokey concert small but very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOBTuckerDined on 6/19/2014The food is wonderful, great music, what more can you ask for on a date day for your husband.. During the day, it is kid friendly. If you're order is wrong, they are very pleasant in accommodating the mistake and getting you out the corrected order.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I visited Crossroads at House of Blues for Father's Day. The environment was family-friendly (except for the customers who decided to play their rap music with their phones at the table next to us) and the staff were very professional. I normally like my food far more seasoned, but it was okay. I cannot see myself dining here frequently...the food is way too bland and making a customer spend $100 to use a $50 gift certificate is just wrong.Special Features:
- Kinda BoringNothappi14Dined on 6/15/2014Arrived @ 11:30am hardly anyone was there for Father's Day brunch. I thought they would have a jazz band playing for the occassion! Service & food were good however, for such a special occasion I expected more of an atmosphere. I would only return on a weekend at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the showmary06Dined on 6/14/2014This place was unfortunately disappointing. We made reservations before a concert at the HoB and were disappointed by the quality of the food and mixed drinks. It is too expensive for what you get. We will not be returning.
- Wonderful dining experience!BeerisgoodDined on 6/10/2014Crossroads was AWESOME! I made reservations the same day and when we arrived they got us a table as fast a you can say "Bob's your Uncle"! The food was to DIE FOR and came very fast! The cornbread was AMAZING! I highly recommend Crossroads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a business lunch.DonnaDined on 6/9/2014I have been to the House of Blues for lunch several times and have always enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The food has been very good and always more than most can eat. The service is friendly. When they are at the height of the lunch hour and you are on a time budget, it might not be as relaxing, service might be a bit more challenging. The groups I have had lunch with at your restaurant were a range of ages, everyone had a good time and enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of BluesTlrkn67Dined on 6/6/2014We had a FABULOUS time.....the food was grate ...Service was Exceptional!!!! A little boy about 11 yrs old was singing & playing the guitar & he was AWESOME. Would love to see him there again! Ranaldo from the concert venue made our Double Date night VIP all the way! Will be returning soon & often.Special Features:
- Afternoon ConcertfantasticdineDined on 5/31/2014Really enjoyed the convenience of parking and the ease of in and out. My daughter attended a concert while my wife and I enjoyed lunch. We each enjoyed our selection. My Shrimp and Grits was well prepared and presented in a semi-deconstructed way. Very tasty! My wife enjoyed Fish Tacos and commented they were the best she's had. When the concert ended, we were able to retrieve our daughter from the crowd and make a convenient exit. Great afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before concert- great!RockerDined on 5/30/2014Ate here before the Skyrocket concert.Food was really good, fairly reasonably priced and our waitress Jade was on the ball. Ideal place to eat before the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.