Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
2200 North Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/dallas
- Phone: 2149782583x
- Hours of Operation:
Open nightly for dinner service 4 P.M.
Open for lunch on Sat - Sun 11:30 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Otsuki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers catering for groups of 20 to 2,000.
- Entertainment: House of Blues offers live entertainment nightly on our Crossroads Dining Room Voodoo Stage!
Wednesday: Open Mic Night
- Special Events: Please contact Krishna Stacey for Special Event or private dinning inquiries at KrishnaStacey@livenation.com or 214.978.4854
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located in Dallas inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (43)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (34)special occasion (28)late-night find (22)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Sound ProblemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We got great service from the seating crew, from the floor manager, and especially the waiter (Armando). The food was great. We had Juicy Lucy and St. Louis Ribs. You can't go wrong. However, I was astonishingly disappointed with the sound system. This is the House of Blues! You would think that they would have good equipment! We were there for Wes Robbins and the music was great. The sound was frustratingly terrible. How can that happen? You would think that the management would stop everything and make it right. They didn't.Special Features:
- Wonderful EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great venue for listening to fantastic musicians while enjoying delicious food in a Dallas hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnDavid54dcDined on 8/28/2014Ignored by our waiter initially asked manager for another and she did good job. Food was mediocre this is more a club than a place to eat good food
- Exceeded expectationsGarfunkelAndOatesRockedDined on 8/22/2014Was a little loud I didn't care much for the 13 year old singing but hey she was good the server was very friendly and very polite and great staff and a very welcoming manager who personally checked up on our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and concertAjfjrpDined on 8/22/2014After reading others' reviews, my expectations were pretty low, but we really wanted to see the performers that night so we took the chance. We had a great experience at both the restaurant and the concert. Our server, BJ, met us at the door and could not have been more attentive. The Voodoo Shrimp were excellent, as well as the "Jucy" Lucy burger and the Shrimp Po Boy. Our server got us a "jump the line" receipt when we were finished with dinner. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerTwiensDined on 8/15/2014We were going to a concert at the House of Blues, so I thought it would be easier to eat at the same place. Park once, and spend the whole evening there. Food was good. We split the fried chicken. Cornbread was good, but it's very sweet. We didn't feel like dessert because the cornbread was so sweet. Service was great. It's a large, rather rough rustic dining room, with a stage at one end. That had someone playing loud music. Not too loud, barely. Tha waiter said that if it's too loud, tell him and they will tone it down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieDined on 8/9/2014Overall, we had a nice evening, the groupon was an added bonus...only problem was when we arrived, our table was not ready, couldn't understand due to the fact that we made reservations. so the manager created us a table in the back outside of the restaurant, was very displeased with this gesture, asked to be moved, which he obliged along with a complimentary round of drinks for everyone. More than anything, we enjoyed the appetizers, the entree was so-so. However, no doubt we will visit HOB again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly good food for a "chain"HappyTexanDined on 8/8/2014I was honestly not expecting much - having been to many of these "entertainment dining" establishments over the years. The House of Blues, however, had us planning on coming back - even if it's just for dinner. The VooDoo Shrimp was an incredible way to start the meal - and I highly recommend getting the side order of skillet cornbread - just to help with "sopping" up the extra voodoo sauce on those shrimp. Service was incredible - again, for a place like this, I didn't expect much. But our waiter along with all of the assistants kept our glasses full and made sure our entire meal and experience was fun and tasty!Special Features:
- dining and entertainmentValentinaDined on 8/8/2014Great place for get togethers. The band, Chillfactor, was fantastic (best we've heard in years) Food was very good and the service was fantastic!!! We loved our waiter, Armondo. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Awesome!Crash44Dined on 8/8/2014Great food and music, seated as soon as we arrivedSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceStephCanDined on 8/3/2014It's a nice open restaurant where the staff is very welcoming, food was hot, fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelnut1972Dined on 8/1/2014I was excited to be eating at the House of Blues being from out of town, but the food was too pricey for the quality that was presented. We did enjoy my daughters New York steak, which was very tasty. I would have rather eaten at whataburger. The service was poor, although the host was very kind.Special Features:
- Live Music was a No-ShowFailDined on 8/1/2014Although the atmosphere, service, and food were great, we really wanted to take friends who came in from out of town to dinner with live music playing. That was why we chose Crossroads, it showed a performer going on at 7 pm. We booked a table next to the stage for 6:45, and had a nice dinner, but the performer no showed. We ended up walking to a bar down the street for entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert diningChrisDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, and the service was even better. This was our first visit yo the Dallas location, and everything we tried was excellent. We were going to a concert and decided to eat here before the show. Very convenientSpecial Features:
- great placeokiegirlsDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the outing, was worth the drive and had great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen food lovers unite!luv2dineDined on 7/30/2014Being the foodie I am, I would not choose Crossroads as I'm already familiar with their less than mediocre quality of food. We were rushed to get a bite to eat, though, before the concert we were seeing at House of Blues. From the host 'forgetting' that we were waiting to be seated and seating two of the same size parties as us who came in after us, to eating food that came out of the frozen food section at Sam's Warehouse, our $70 tab was insulting. The spinach artichoke dip is right of the box; just like we made in our poor college days! The dry thin strip of fish laying in the dry corn tortilla, also known as, fish tacos, had mounds of lettuce to give the appearance that the the sliver of fish was more than it was actually.
- mehhenzDined on 7/26/2014Im not one to typically wrote bad reviews, but I'm gonna have to start. The strip steak I ordered was choked perfectly, however the potatoes I ordered were bland. The service was very slow and our waitress was preoccupied. I had called ahead to see if there was some kind of show that night and they said yes. Turns out it was a club night which I was not interested in. Overall, I wouldn't take a date there again.Special Features:
- Good TimesconcertaddictDined on 7/25/2014I have always been told to eat at the House of Blues for gooooood food. So I took up that opportunity when I went to the American Dream Tour in Dallas. There was a miscommunication in my reservation, but the manager was very helpful and seated us instantly! Our waiter was extremely nice and was always there when we needed a refill or anything extra. The food was very refreshing after being out in the hot sun all day and not too heavy to eat before rocking out at the concert. I recommend the burger bites, blueberry tea, and the ice cream of the day. I will DEFINITELY be coming back!Special Features:
- Good Food, Not So Great ServiceLefty58Dined on 7/20/2014We arrived prior to our reservation time to be told that a table would have to be cleared. After waiting several parties arrived and without any wait were seated immediately. The hostess clearly knew that she had overlooked us but by that time the better available tables had already been given to parties without reservations. There was also a lengthy delay in getting drinks from the bar all of which led to a discussion with the manager which led to the comping of a round of drinks. No attempt or offer was made to comp the entire meal. One would like to think that making reservations on Open Table would provide us with some preferential treatment in regard to length of wait and selection of seating but in this case it did not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedddgafferDined on 7/20/2014Poor experience, problem with reservation & seating, poor service, had to wave down waiter on several occaisions to request items, food took forever to come out but the worst was the steak ordered by one member of our party was cooked wrong not once but twice, how you can confuse rare with well done is beyond me. Send the first one back and the next one was medium at best, no pink center at all. We had to make show so unable to send it back again. Will not be back. This was my first time to try prior to an event and was not impressed
- Fun and friendly!RoboDined on 7/20/2014Bar and wait staff were very friendly, vibrant young people. Service was excellent! Voodoo shrimp appetizer was incredible, as was the lobster Mac and cheese and the fried chicken. The French dip sandwich was subpar....unusually sweet with soggy bread. But, overall, a nice dining experience prior to the Kenny Wayne Shepherd show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & convenient locationcpajohnDined on 7/18/2014A wonderful location for a good pre-concert meal. Our server was very attentive and most helpful throughout our dining experience. The live music provided was a delightful backdrop. The mixed drink menu was a pleasant surprise. For our meal, we selected sandwiches, which were tasty but unfortunately, a little messy. Also, dessert options were somewhat limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experiencecarlamberDined on 7/15/2014Pros - fun atmosphere, quick seating, great menu, convenient for concert attendees at HOB Dallas Cons - slow (possibly understaffed) service, incorrect order We were seated quickly, drink orders placed quickly, then service really slowed down. I think our waiter was servicing tables all over the restaurant, no organized "sections". Ordered food about 7:15, order came out incorrectly at 8:05. There was not enough time to reorder before our concert, but the burgers they served us were delicious, so we were not that disappointed. Even with the slow service and wrong food, I'll still give 4 stars and will be back. We've eaten there before and everything was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert mealDGailDined on 7/15/2014Good place for a pre-concert meal. Food is okay, service is okay, but the best part is you are already at HOB.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent time had!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We were there for the Tesla venue, but the staff was excellent. From the bar servers to the waiters/waitresses etc. We really enjoyed our night out and had a great time.....only wish you guys had a hotel attached !!!Special Features:
- DlsjnrDined on 7/13/2014My food was cold, but my friends juciy lucy was awesome. The service was great!!!Special Features:
- Had a blast!DnFJefferson53Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic service, food, and atmosphere. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. Our drinks and food arrived in a very timely manner and all tasted amazing. We had the quesadilla app, the adobo pork chop over picadillo, the lobster mac and cheese for dinner, and the bourbon bread pudding for dessert. WE loved every last bite. You MUST try the bread pudding. It is fairly pricey in our books, but well worth it for the fun atmosphere. The bands were great - loud - but great! We had an absolute blast here - we will be back!Special Features:
- American affairErikDallasDined on 7/12/2014This American affair was a glorified music/theme park dinner with low quality service. Food was flung at the table with the entrees arriving before we had time to take a bite of our appetizers. Although the wait staff were very friendly and willing to chat they were not in any sense professional waiters. The food was fancy American affair, but was fancy only in the sense that putting lobster in the macaroni is fancy, but when it is done with otherwise undistinguished craft macaroni it is more a faux fancy than fine cuisine. The grilled shrimp appetizer and shrimp salad were probably the best dishes. Not clear what style of ribs was trying to be imitated with heavy application of grocery store BBQ sauce to the generous rack of ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Tasty!chigglypeepsDined on 6/28/2014We had the ribs and the grilled fish tacos and they were delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Blast!!!JTDiningDined on 6/27/2014Honestly, we had low expectations because of some nasty comments on another site - we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised!!!! The food was VERY good...the service was exceptional - Allen was sooo attentive. We had to change tables because one of the people in our party was having back trouble and needed the booth. Even though the booths were on the other side of the room and out of his station area, Allen never missed a beat - very attentive, very helpful and made the evening enjoyable! And the band was awesome!!!Special Features:
- Disappointedmb01Dined on 6/26/2014We chose this restaurant because we were attending a concert at House of Blues. We were also pleased that we were able to make online reservations; however, I tried to call the restaurant to change the reservation as we were running a few minutes late, and was unable to reach a live person, only an answering machine. We did arrive 5 minutes past our reservation time and were seated immediately, so that was good. Our waiter was nice, but the service was so SLOW that we were late for the start of the concert! We arrived at 6:35 and the concert started at 8:15! And then he asked one of our party for a tip! Food was just ok, and both food and drinks WAY overpriced! Not recommended!Special Features:
- Good Time!!RayJDined on 6/25/2014Awesome Food (Great Burgers!!) Great Service!! - We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing5udriveDined on 6/25/2014Loved the atmosphere...Brian was our waiter, very personable, very knowledgeable, he was awesome..make sure to ask for the passline...after dinner, it gets you a pass to the front of the line for whoever is playing on concert that night...saw Tove Lo, semi precious weapons and also oh be clever...great food, amazing up and coming bands, would definately recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was to die for! We had live entertainment for free and my mother, sister and husband all loved it! We went for Father's Day and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Great experience, friendly staff, good food & price. Love the overall feel. Excellent place to enjoy live music.Special Features:
- Crossroads is a Great Place to Eat!JBowserDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I ate at Crossroads this past weekend. We had a great time. The weather was impeccable, so we asked for a seat on the patio. Our waiter, Kevin, was attentive and friendly. He checked on us consistently without being annoying. He was very personable. When we asked for recommendations, Kevin was spot on with his recommendations. He told us a about a new drink there called the Jalapeño Rush that was AMAZING! I did not think I'd like a drink with "muddled jalapeños" in it, but this drink was tasty! But, should come in a bigger glass I think. The food was delicious. The manager Mike was also a great guy. He came out to introduce himself and offered to take care of us when we shared with him that our order had been botched.
- horrible service timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We waited an hour to get our food and had to go to our event with our food in to go boxes.
- First timerCuda13Dined on 5/16/2014The food was not bad. Wish they would have had more seafood selections like salmon. Server was knowledgable regarding menu. He did a nice jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Meh Everything ElseSJ2222Dined on 5/13/2014The food was great, but the atmosphere was a little kitschier than I would expect and the service was slow. Overall it was okay, but I'm not going to write home about it.Special Features:
- What Took Me So Long To Get Here?ROS0129Dined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day at House of Blues Dallas and it was Wonderful!!! The staff was helpful, kind and efficient. The food was to die for!! I've been telling everyone I know....even my Facebook Friends!!! Thanks HOB!! See you again Real Soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.