Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
329 N. Dearborn St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/dining.php
- Phone: 3129232000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Capogreco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: House of Blues showcases the diversity of live music by presenting nearly every genre of music on the main stage.
Crossroads at House of Blues features Chicago’s latest and greatest blues artists every night on the back porch stage!
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located inside the world-famous House of Blues.It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star,Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (32)late-night find (29)special occasion (23)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food was great and the music was lively. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come here for the musicMintyFreshVIPDined on 10/24/2014Come here for the music as the food is mediocre. My ribs were rock hard. Our server was very nice and professional. The live music is excellent.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014First performer was ok but second group was great. The Chicago Blues and Rhythm Kings were superb! Stayed for two sets and wish we could have stayed for the remainder of the show. Definitely a group I will look for in the future. Given the size and type of venue, the sound system could have been better. Credit to the sound mixer for trying his best. Food was mediocre but then you do not go there for gourmet dining. Service was above average. Will definitely do this again in the future though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!dance1Dined on 10/18/2014What a Great place!! the entertainment was spectacular!! Mike Wheeler and his band were so energetic and talented!! they had Everyone dancing in their seats up next to them in the way of the wait staff, EVERYWHERE possible. He strolled the aisles playing his guitar and getting everyone involved. The ease of making my reservation from you was the BEST. All weekend, we ran into theres a 4 hour wait, etc, and to be able to come right in,,,,, so wonderful!! thanksSpecial Features:
- Thumbs down to Open Table :(RunnergrandmaDined on 10/12/2014I had made reservations through Open Table AND called House of Blues well in advance to confirm my reservation, since we were coming in from Ottawa,Canada to do the Chicago marathon, I wanted to make sure all was reserved in adavance to accomodate my group.When we got to The House of Blues, They did not have my name or my group on their computer system?! I was very dissapointed with Open Table and makes me doubt their efficiency as of now. Luckily,the restaurant manager was able to shuffle things around and was able to accomodate us!Special Features:
- MarathonDined on 10/12/2014Best place for blues experience in Chicago !! Food was exellent ....just try the " voodoo schrimps"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is ok.Trvlpro61Dined on 10/11/2014Good restaurant and good American Quisine. Good portions; some way too big. Food was fresh. Ok prices. Live music was, at times, too loud during dining. Had to yell across the table to have a conversation. Overall it was just ok.Special Features:
- Slow and LoudDeeKayDined on 10/11/2014Although the quality of the food was good and the prices reasonable, our experience was quite poor due to exceptionally poor service. Our server would disappear for extended periods of time and when she did reappear, she frequently attended to nearby tables without looking in our direction. What was intended to be a relatively quick meal before a show turned into a two0hour ordeal. It took roughly 30 minutes from the time we ordered desert and coffee until it was delivered. In addition, we were seated right in front of the stage, making conversation (and ordering) nearly impossible, having to compete with the music.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We went here for a birthday dinner on a Saturday evening. But after traveling a little over an hour to get here we were less than impressed with the bland tasting food. Especially after our server boasted about the menu & chef being from Food Network.Special Features:
- Where's the beer?FancyDateNight2Dined on 10/5/2014We went for dinner before a show and the food was spot on. Unfortunately, they were out of most of their craft beer selection...even Pabst! Had to settle for a Miller Lite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very funY2KMCSDined on 10/3/2014Nice place, great ambiance and music. The place is very cool!! If you go to Chicago you gotta visit it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before the showPinkGDined on 10/3/2014The food selection was interesting. Lots of good choices- food served promptly- the pulled pork was amazing- service was excellent - friendly staff- a great spot overall!Special Features:
- Fun night with great music & foodMyfoodreviewerDined on 9/27/2014We ate there on a Saturday around 5:30 pm & it wasn't crowded at all like I thought it would be, thank God!! Food was delish! Only complaint, they should have regular cornbread as well as the jalapeño & cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- es un sitio estupendo.aresvkDined on 9/22/2014Me ha encantado. Pienso volver algún día seguro. La música era estupenda y el sitio muy bonito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. All expectations exceeded!TXbluesgalDined on 9/20/2014Excellent. Music, food, service. Checking out Dallas House of Blues next (as a Tx native)..... my new favorite..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music, great foodFXRMacDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time at the House of Blues. Windy City Rev Ups were awesome. Bought 2 CDs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outMacdosgDined on 9/14/2014We had a delicious dinner at the House of Blues. Loved the food, the atmosphere and the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We decided to dine here before the show we were seeing in the theater as a convenient one-stop affair. The service and food was very good, but there are no bargains to be had (it is a trendy place right in downtown Chicago, so I wasn't really expecting anything else). The lobster mac and cheese was a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic placeBerntDined on 9/8/2014Great place to be with your friends, having a 1st class meal and get some really good music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music & foodjpforceDined on 8/30/2014The experience was really good! Both the music and the food were wonderful! I recommand it!!Special Features:
- Food was surprisingly good!veggiegalDined on 8/23/2014I don't think I would go to the House of Blues to specifically eat at the restaurant, but my friend and I found it very convenient to have a quick meal before a concert. The waiter was nice, if a bit slow taking our orders and bringing the food. After hearing they are vegetarian friendly, I was very disappointed to find no veggie entrees on the menu, so I opted for the grilled fish of the day, which was mahi mahi. Luckily, it turned out to be a great meal. My friend ordered the Juicy Lucy burger, and was happy with it as well. Would definitely eat there again before a show.Special Features:
- great timeTommyDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went there for the first time and the ribs were great and the music was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchvictimDined on 8/22/2014First time here and we couldn't believe the service we got from the staff! Magnificent all of our requests were full filled to the ninth degree. food we had was excellent and very reasonable, the entertainment....second to none! House of blues is a must to see.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and musicG8QuebecDined on 8/21/2014We were a party of 8 and really appreciated the food and the show after. Great blues music with talented musicians. A great place and a MUST in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blues and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The music, and service were excellent; however, the food was mediocre considering a 'top' chef (Aaron Sanchez) designed the menu. The ambiance was good, but the seats are extremely uncomfortable, probably on purpose so you won't want to stay very long. I would only recommend it for the music, and drinks. Not for a meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Took our teenage kids back to our old stomping ground.... What a great time! Bands were terrific and the food outstanding. They really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a blastMrandMrsDined on 8/17/2014The wife and I were in Chicago on our honeymoon and we love eating at House of Blues so of course we wanted to try House of Blues Chicago. They did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly and fun to talk to and the food was great. The atmosphere at House of Blues is always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014I went to the Hosue of Blues - as my hotel was opposite, we have been to others and this one was as expected, its a good experience for tourists, there is always music playing and the atmosphere is good. The food is good and reasonable value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HJ KlassenHatmanDined on 8/15/2014The Crossroads is part of the House of Blues, kinda kitchy yet pleasant....food is typical fare well prepared very tasty....The staff are very professional, friendly and are eager to please. Our server was especially good and helpful....The signature cornbread is a great starter and also accompanies many of the dishes....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer9345Dined on 8/15/2014Food prices exagereted for low quality. For example lobster is nothing but pastas plate with vert few small lobster pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceRodrigoDined on 8/3/2014Casual, nice music, good food. When booked I did not know it has a blues band playing. Great surprise! I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at House of BluesBrettVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you want to go to a loud chain style restaurant, this is it. I had much higher expectations for the decor and the atmosphere and that is probably my fault. However, we joked at dinner how there wasn't one table having a good time. I get there is supposed to be live music but there is a volume that works and a volume that doesn't work.
- Good place for blues!GigiDLDined on 8/2/2014A good place for blues and confort-food with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with musicPickypalateDined on 8/2/2014Recently took visiting relatives to dinner. We arrived at 7:15 and was surprised restaurant was not crowded, perhaps too early for music crowd. Overall, food was good. The pasta dish was especially good along with the burger and fries. Music was not too loud for conversation and a nice ambience for dining. Always a good place to take out of town guests who want something different. The Sunday Gospel brunch is highly recommended. We weren't able to go this visit but have in the past. A great Chicago treat!Special Features:
- House of Bluestmschi07Dined on 7/29/2014I was attending the Sunsation tour concert in the upstairs music hall. Great views and good acoustics. The food was great as I needed a quick meal. The service was prompt and the pulled pork sandwich hit the spot. I would definitely return for other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of BluesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014What an enjoyable evening. Great music and food. Waitress was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Food is the bestChiTazDined on 7/24/2014This will be my third time dining here and each time I am impressed. I have not had the experience of dinner, but lunch so far is wonderful. The atmosphere is very entertaining as well as educational. The New Orleans flair is just right for the establishment. I will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entertainment, OK foodkmh106Dined on 7/19/2014Great place for the entertainment, but don't expect anything special for food--menu offerings were pretty standard fare. Drinks are somewhat expensive--$13-16 for specialty cocktails and $5-7 for beers--but entertainment should be factored into the cost of drinks.Special Features:
- Mixed bag leaning to goodCDR123Dined on 7/19/2014I went with my wife to a 7pm reservation precisely because of having live music scheduled from 6:30-8:30 nightly in a non-concert setting (music is a free addition at this time, as opposed to ticketed shows at 9:00pm). The music didn't wind up starting until 7:35pm, and was a single singer / guitarist. He was talented, but not really what I'd expected from such a venue and an hour late; I wondered if there was a band scheduled that didn't show up, and this guy was a last minute backup plan, or if he was the act and simply came on late himself, or if HOB simply doesn't enforce much for their free music commitments. Meanwhile, the food was good -- overpriced, perhaps, but not excessive. It reminded me of a step up from TGI Friday's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedasilDined on 7/19/2014we book a table for the music starting 6:30 p.m. but the artist didn't show up until 8:00. he didn't apologize and even worse his performance was terrible. very disappointed.