Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
329 N. Dearborn St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/dining.php
- Phone: 3129232000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Capogreco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: House of Blues showcases the diversity of live music by presenting nearly every genre of music on the main stage.
Crossroads at House of Blues features Chicago’s latest and greatest blues artists every night on the back porch stage!
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located inside the world-famous House of Blues.It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star,Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (37)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (25)special occasion (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Awesome. All expectations exceeded!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent. Music, food, service. Checking out Dallas House of Blues next (as a Tx native)..... my new favorite..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had a great time at the House of Blues. Windy City Rev Ups were awesome. Bought 2 CDs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outMacdosgDined on 9/14/2014We had a delicious dinner at the House of Blues. Loved the food, the atmosphere and the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We decided to dine here before the show we were seeing in the theater as a convenient one-stop affair. The service and food was very good, but there are no bargains to be had (it is a trendy place right in downtown Chicago, so I wasn't really expecting anything else). The lobster mac and cheese was a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic placeBerntDined on 9/8/2014Great place to be with your friends, having a 1st class meal and get some really good music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music & foodjpforceDined on 8/30/2014The experience was really good! Both the music and the food were wonderful! I recommand it!!Special Features:
- Food was surprisingly good!veggiegalDined on 8/23/2014I don't think I would go to the House of Blues to specifically eat at the restaurant, but my friend and I found it very convenient to have a quick meal before a concert. The waiter was nice, if a bit slow taking our orders and bringing the food. After hearing they are vegetarian friendly, I was very disappointed to find no veggie entrees on the menu, so I opted for the grilled fish of the day, which was mahi mahi. Luckily, it turned out to be a great meal. My friend ordered the Juicy Lucy burger, and was happy with it as well. Would definitely eat there again before a show.Special Features:
- great timeTommyDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went there for the first time and the ribs were great and the music was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchvictimDined on 8/22/2014First time here and we couldn't believe the service we got from the staff! Magnificent all of our requests were full filled to the ninth degree. food we had was excellent and very reasonable, the entertainment....second to none! House of blues is a must to see.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and musicG8QuebecDined on 8/21/2014We were a party of 8 and really appreciated the food and the show after. Great blues music with talented musicians. A great place and a MUST in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blues and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The music, and service were excellent; however, the food was mediocre considering a 'top' chef (Aaron Sanchez) designed the menu. The ambiance was good, but the seats are extremely uncomfortable, probably on purpose so you won't want to stay very long. I would only recommend it for the music, and drinks. Not for a meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Took our teenage kids back to our old stomping ground.... What a great time! Bands were terrific and the food outstanding. They really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a blastMrandMrsDined on 8/17/2014The wife and I were in Chicago on our honeymoon and we love eating at House of Blues so of course we wanted to try House of Blues Chicago. They did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly and fun to talk to and the food was great. The atmosphere at House of Blues is always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014I went to the Hosue of Blues - as my hotel was opposite, we have been to others and this one was as expected, its a good experience for tourists, there is always music playing and the atmosphere is good. The food is good and reasonable value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HJ KlassenHatmanDined on 8/15/2014The Crossroads is part of the House of Blues, kinda kitchy yet pleasant....food is typical fare well prepared very tasty....The staff are very professional, friendly and are eager to please. Our server was especially good and helpful....The signature cornbread is a great starter and also accompanies many of the dishes....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer9345Dined on 8/15/2014Food prices exagereted for low quality. For example lobster is nothing but pastas plate with vert few small lobster pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceRodrigoDined on 8/3/2014Casual, nice music, good food. When booked I did not know it has a blues band playing. Great surprise! I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at House of BluesBrettVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you want to go to a loud chain style restaurant, this is it. I had much higher expectations for the decor and the atmosphere and that is probably my fault. However, we joked at dinner how there wasn't one table having a good time. I get there is supposed to be live music but there is a volume that works and a volume that doesn't work.
- Good place for blues!GigiDLDined on 8/2/2014A good place for blues and confort-food with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with musicPickypalateDined on 8/2/2014Recently took visiting relatives to dinner. We arrived at 7:15 and was surprised restaurant was not crowded, perhaps too early for music crowd. Overall, food was good. The pasta dish was especially good along with the burger and fries. Music was not too loud for conversation and a nice ambience for dining. Always a good place to take out of town guests who want something different. The Sunday Gospel brunch is highly recommended. We weren't able to go this visit but have in the past. A great Chicago treat!Special Features:
- House of Bluestmschi07Dined on 7/29/2014I was attending the Sunsation tour concert in the upstairs music hall. Great views and good acoustics. The food was great as I needed a quick meal. The service was prompt and the pulled pork sandwich hit the spot. I would definitely return for other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of BluesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014What an enjoyable evening. Great music and food. Waitress was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Food is the bestChiTazDined on 7/24/2014This will be my third time dining here and each time I am impressed. I have not had the experience of dinner, but lunch so far is wonderful. The atmosphere is very entertaining as well as educational. The New Orleans flair is just right for the establishment. I will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entertainment, OK foodkmh106Dined on 7/19/2014Great place for the entertainment, but don't expect anything special for food--menu offerings were pretty standard fare. Drinks are somewhat expensive--$13-16 for specialty cocktails and $5-7 for beers--but entertainment should be factored into the cost of drinks.Special Features:
- Mixed bag leaning to goodCDR123Dined on 7/19/2014I went with my wife to a 7pm reservation precisely because of having live music scheduled from 6:30-8:30 nightly in a non-concert setting (music is a free addition at this time, as opposed to ticketed shows at 9:00pm). The music didn't wind up starting until 7:35pm, and was a single singer / guitarist. He was talented, but not really what I'd expected from such a venue and an hour late; I wondered if there was a band scheduled that didn't show up, and this guy was a last minute backup plan, or if he was the act and simply came on late himself, or if HOB simply doesn't enforce much for their free music commitments. Meanwhile, the food was good -- overpriced, perhaps, but not excessive. It reminded me of a step up from TGI Friday's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedasilDined on 7/19/2014we book a table for the music starting 6:30 p.m. but the artist didn't show up until 8:00. he didn't apologize and even worse his performance was terrible. very disappointed.
- Absolutely delicious!FalconDined on 7/15/2014This was our first time here. We were very impressed by our food and our server went above and beyond! We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I enjoyed dinner before the mint condition concert at the house of Blues Chicago. The food is a bit pricey but the overall experience and ambience of the restaurant was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFlashbackDined on 7/5/2014This was our 1st time at the House of Blues. We started at Crossroads for dinner, the food was great. We saw Woodstock Flashback. The 1st group was the Who's Who Tribute band. I did not care for this and it was way too loud. The second group was Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute band, it was great. Grateful Dead Tribute was next, we missed this one because one of the couples we were with wanted to leave. I am sorry we missed that one. The place was so interesting I would go back.Special Features:
- Loved the BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014Our family popped in here early in the evening on the 4th of July. It was a great meal and our waitress was attentive. We both had burgers and they were fantastic!Special Features:
- Too much noisyCatcherDined on 6/28/2014The waitress was very attentive and friendly. Food was nothing memorable but good. Unfortunately, people speak very loudly, and it is impossible to listen to the music, that is the main reason someone goes to a blues house. Maybe if you can sit close to the stage, you will enjoy the music.Special Features:
- DissapointingLydiaDined on 6/28/2014It wasn't very busy during mid-afternoon. The food was good, but the service was very slow, and the waitress wasn't very friendly. We weren't even asked what we would like to drink. So we ate our salads and went elsewhere to have drinks.
- Great food, not just bluesInSearchOfGenuineGoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the food - we had ordered ribs, lobster mac&cheese, juicy lucy burger, and jambalaya - every one of them was good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rockswutuvitDined on 6/14/2014I already knew that the HOB was a fun place to hang, but I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. My girlfriend and I ate there so that we could get early admission to a show we had tickets for. After such a great dinner and service I will definitely eat there again. And of course the bonuses include a cool atmosphere and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLazarusDined on 6/5/2014The fried chicken is the best in the city. Hot always and the side choices are wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere! Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014The ambience here was amazing! The restaurant was busy so service was a wee bit slower than it probably could have been BUT our server was Awesome!!! The good had great flavor and the portions were just right! The establishment was clean and everybody was presentable. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-concert dinner!WolferinoDined on 5/30/2014This was our first time seeing a show at the House of Blues, and we were so glad we chose their Crossroads restaurant for dinner! The convenient location played a large role in our decision, but the delicious food, entertainment, and atmosphere will bring us back!Special Features:
- KiwisteelDined on 5/30/2014Our overall experience at Crossroads was fantastic! From the food (thoroughly enjoyed by all), to the service (Melanie and the rest of the staff were great!), to the atmosphere (exactly what we'd expect for a Blues bar). All of us are very much looking forward to our next House of Blues experience!!Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the Crossroads at House of Blues - Chicago reviews archive.
- resturant in the House of BluesHJanecykDined on 5/22/2014We had appetizers before our show. Food was a little high for me but in line for the area. Service was good and the food arrived with enough time that we could eat and make the show without being rushed.Special Features:
- Great burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Burger was great, perfectly seasoned & cooked. Fries were not good, regular & sweet potato. No seasoning, not crisp, just not good. Server didn't know it was half off burgers Tuesday, brought out check at full price, then got annoyed when we asked her to fix it.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.