Crossroads American Kitchen and Bar
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crossroadsamericankitchen.com/
- Phone: 2127048900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am -4:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:30am,
Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rienhold Heller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large semi private groups are welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Special Events Office 2127048890
A word from Crossroads American Kitchen and Bar
Located in the heart of Time Square Crossroads An American Kitchen & Bar is always bustling from breakfast to late night. Our Chef's embrace their craft with unique, sensible and approachable modern american classics. The best seasonal ingredients are sourced from local purveyors to celebrate the bounty of New York and North East. Breakfast features a flowing breakfast buffet with live action stations. Lunch features a unique burger bar and in and out sandwich selections. Dinner is more grill focus with great steaks, seafood and modern classics. Whether dining alone or with a group there a great options for a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crossroads American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice American cuisineJerseygirl2Dined on 8/17/2014The bleu cheese steak sandwich was soooo good. The gluten-free pasta was flavorful & the bread basket was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so diningDYTFoodieDined on 8/5/2014The food was great but service was not what I expected. The server was slow and not attentive. Also, the fire alarm went off for about the last 20 Minutes of our dinner, which was very loud and not Romantic.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014This was a great find on our recent trip to New York.Our server Paul was exceptional, offering an extensive knowledge of wines and menu items, the lady at front of house was extremely pleasant and was always making sure we were okay, The staff worked hard to make our experience enjoyable. We would definitely attend this place again on our next visit. Keep up the terrific work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafeteria diningEatwithkidsDined on 8/3/2014Located in the Marriott. Wide open to lobby, bar, and elevator area. No kids menu. Poor service despite being only about the third table in huge space. Multiple problems with service and orders. Manager very responsive in handling problems though. Despite all, 2 of our 5 meals were excellent tasting and they have a good Caesar salad.
- SandwichesMarshaBDined on 7/30/2014Great sandwiches. Went here before going to the theatre. Didn't realize that it was an open-air restaurant.....no walls Restaurant opens right onto the floor of the hotel Marriott MarquisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The service is outstanding. A nice place for something to eat before a play.Special Features:
- Better than I thought it would beCarversDined on 7/25/2014We went there during restaurant week because it's close to the theaters. We had great food & were very pleasantly surprised. The salmon was great. The small green salad was big & healthy. The calamari was huge (we saw other spell pow eating it), the burgers looked juicy. No complaints from me & I am pretty picky. It's in the Marriott in Times Square so. Lose to everything & the hotel is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMaryAnnDined on 7/18/2014Had dinner here with my family and we were all very pleased with the food and service. We were greeted quickly and all had clean plates at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotJfo1988Dined on 7/18/2014Great space with Times Square views and plenty of TVs to watch big games. The food was also phenomenal and the service was hospitable and friendly. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014We conducted a business meeting over breakfast and we had a table against the wall. Food was acceptable, but not wonderful. We were left alone to conduct business. Healthy noise level, but not unruly. The location was the best part of the arrangment. Everything else fell into place. Conveninece was everything for this meeting. Thank you.
- Hostess was great-- JanetteMarkDined on 5/20/2014Janette was terrific.. the food was good but the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Crossroads American Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- Never disappointedayarDined on 4/27/2014Food always fresh and delicious. Great attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Business LunchDCATDined on 3/12/2014Great place for a healthy business lunch. Pleasant service and good attention to detail in every aspectSpecial Features:
- Pretty and comfortable placeTgentDined on 3/11/2014Pretty and comfortable place to grab a bite to eat before or after theatre showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch menuDCATDined on 3/11/2014I had the opportunity to have lunch crossroads and found the menus to be very good. I really enjoyed the Cobb salad which I would rate as close to the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choice for aDCATDined on 3/10/2014An excellent choice for a business lunch with a good choice of meals and prompt efficient service. Being close to the hotel lobby it is an active area but this does not take away from the pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Good, if other options are limited.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The only reason we chose this restaurant was because it was conveniently located in the hotel we were staying, Marriott Marquis Times Square. It was a Saturday night, uncrowded. The dinner rolls were fresh and soft. The salmon was prepared well and the side dish of vegetables was generous. The service was spotty, though once we started asking for things, like refill on water, they seemed more attentive. The prices are a bit inflated, but that's not unusual for NYC. This restaurant is in an open area to the hotel lobby, so there isn't much in the way of ambiance. Dessert failed in that the warm molten chocolate lave cake was cold.
- Very disappointed that thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Very disappointed that this place is even on OpenTable. When I first used OpenTable the only options were nice places, now it seems that they have everything - including Crossroads. This place is extremely over-priced even for NYC and the service is horrible. I had to go up to the bar to ask for our table to be cleaned and see if a server was ever going to come over to us. Not to mention I was not alerted it is inside the Marriot, so I invited my friends to a hotel restaurant...pretty embarrassing. We had tickets to a comedy show at Caroline's so there was no time to find an actually decent place. Don't go here, you'll be very disappointed.
- not a great experienceindecisivedinerVIPDined on 2/25/2014It's a hotel lobby restaurant. The service was so-so. Took a while to order, took too long to bring the food. The good was served cold. There was plastic in my cheesecake that I accidentally chewed and I had to ask them to take something off of the bill. They acted like nothing out of the ordinary had happened.
- Don't do it!TravelerDined on 2/15/2014We had a fantastic weekend in NYC and always stay at the Marriott Marquis when in town. Weather was horrible on Saturday so decided to try Crossroads. Just nothing good to say. Service was very lackadaisical. Several patrons got up and left without ordering, the menu is very limited. Just got the feeling they did not care if they served you or not. Food mediocre at best. Not what I usually expect when I am in New York.
- Solid Hotel Lobby Restaurantn2bspldVIPDined on 2/11/2014The typical lobby hotel restaurant, but on the 8th floor. Busy for lunch, though service is pretty fast. Typical NY / hotel prices.
- service and brunch was nonexistentnobrunch4youDined on 2/2/2014Horrible experience. After 30 minutes, 2 hosts and 2 waiters... who never took our order, we just went across the street to juniors! Tjhe best decision ever... love juniors.
- Awesome place, terrible serviceLindsayLo312VIPDined on 1/25/2014This restaurant was beautifully decorated with a nice modern vibe and the food was excellent. The service killed the entire experience. There was no one there to greet us to be seated. We waited about 3 minutes before someone acknowledged us. We started with one waiter, then got another, then ended with the same waiter we started with. The second waiter never came to check on us. We never saw the water boy and had to ask a manager to bring us water more than once. The point is, althought the managers were very attentive, the waiters/bus boys were not and no guest should have to sit therer searching for soemone for water/food/check.Special Features:
- At the marriott MarquisAliceDined on 1/25/2014Traditional breakfast food. Might have to wait for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and good dinner in the hoteleanc1Dined on 1/18/2014We stopped into Crossroads while we were staying at the Marriott Marquis seeing Broadway shows. We were seated quickly and our food was served promptly. Everything was well-prepared our favorites were the four cheese flatbread (has blue cheese on it which is not listed on the menu, so we were thrilled) and the chicken breast served with a lovely sauce on the side. The creamed spinach was rich and good as well. It's a nice stop if you're staying in the hotel. The lounge is fun and comfortable as well.Special Features:
- I like to eat (:EXCELENTVIPDined on 1/1/2014the restaurant offers great variety of food. Missing staff to serve customers. It is clean. I like the food here, is very good. The price is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectednycdinerDined on 12/30/2013Food was just okay, but the service wasn't great. I will say that it was our waiter - we watched the other waiter check back on his tables several times and take care of them while ours was no where in sight and we had to hunt him down for our soda we ordered and for the check at the end of dinner.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure spendingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Always a pleasure spending holidays at your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost.......OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We searched for 45min for the restaurant and did not find it.... We read a review online before we left to NY, it told us she could not find the restaurant and we laught.. Guess she was right...
- Very good foodSueStDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I came to Crossroads because we could not get a reservation in the city near Times Square during the holidays. We've been to Crossroads before and find the food to be very good; better than it needs to be, actually. Got in and out with a reservation in time for the theatre. Very pleased!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant lacked ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013We chose to go the restaurant as had heard that there were great views from the bar. And indeed, there are - beautiful visibility of Times Square and a great spot to soak up the atmosphere of central New York. However, when we moved over to the restaurant there were very few people dining and it lacked any notable ambience. In addition, we were not allocated a clear waiter which resulted in a lack of service and clear mistakes such as courses not being cleared before the next was brought to the table. Great shame that it did not live up to the Marriott name.Special Features:
- Busy and energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013Our hostess was great--seated quickly and she was quite friendly. Our waiter was fine. I received the wrong appetizer (fries with three dipping sauces, received potato chips with one cheesy-pesto dip). Entrees were just ok. Not bad, not great. Just ok. The key was the convenience--we were staying at the Marriott Marquis and going to see a show at 8:00. We were able to eat at 6:00 and get to our show on time.Special Features:
- Perfect for a business lunchSharkus77VIPDined on 11/26/2013Love Crossroads for my business lunches. The service is usually fast and friendly and the food, albeit not amazing, is very consistent. Prices are reasonable for the area and the selection is enough to satisfy all appetites.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast!kgdavis30Dined on 11/26/2013Got the breakfast buffet, has everything on it. Very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads is the Marriott'sDorothyVIPDined on 11/23/2013Crossroads is the Marriott's coffee shop/restaurant. The food isn't bad, and the dinner buffet is a bargain at $26. That said, the experience isn't anything to write home about.Special Features:
- So SoDLFLLCDined on 11/14/2013Look, the place was just average all around. Nothing really special about it as far as I could see. I had to do an interview and it's as good a place to do it as any while at the same time getting a little bite to eat. I'm just not going to rave about it.Special Features:
- Address not correct in Open Table!grizgirlsVIPDined on 11/9/2013Note - I have NO rating for this restaurant because we couldn't find it! Calls to the restaurant went unanswered. No wonder we were able to get last minute reservations on a Saturday night. No one can FIND it!
- HomerunSharkus77VIPDined on 10/8/2013Had a large group lunch here and it was perfect. The staff set me up in the right spot where we could converse and they knew we were in a rush so we got the extra special attention. Prices were more than reasonable for a business lunch and there was a large variety to meet all the different diets everyone seemed to be on. Hotel atrium is a bonus as it provides a great backdrop that you can't find in most places.Special Features:
- Business LunchRichardDined on 9/30/2013Restaurant provided somewhat private space for a business lunch supplemented by space for a notebook/power point. Tables are not too close & service sensitive to our purpose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY SISTER AND I WERE VERYJEANNIEDined on 9/18/2013MY SISTER AND I WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE AND THE AMBIANCE. THE FOOD AND THE COFFEE WERE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.