1010 Mission St.
South Pasadena, CA 91030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossings-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6267997001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lalo Sanchez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Crossings
Crossings restaurant is located in the beautiful historic Edwards and Faw building on Mission St. in South Pasadena. The building was originally built in 1908. Crossings utilized the beautiful brick and mortar structure to inspire a classic American restaurant space. The downstairs dining room encompasses a fully open kitchen and 14 foot ceilings. A patio under a 100 year old oak sits right next to the Metro Gold Line, providing a truly urban space not easily found in LA. A wine loft sits between the first and second floors, offering a wide variety of wines to choose from. The second floor offers a full bar as well as raised booths and tables overlooking Mission St.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossings - Best Restaurants in South Pasadena ›
Crossings reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)special occasion (92)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (72)romantic (66)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)scenic view (14)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Impeccable ServiceStevieDined on 9/12/2014Crossings went the distance to insure that a special occasion was special. I had requested a particular room and, after we were seated, the hostess came by the table to inquire if our table was satisfactory. We were not familiar with the pinots available by the glass, and our waitress offered us generous pours of both so that we could select (and we were only purchasing wine by the glass)! The food was good, and some items, like the dessert, were spectacular. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDiners2Dined on 9/4/2014We came to Crossings with high expectations after reading so many very glowing reviews on Open Table. Our experience however, was a little mixed. The wait-staff were great and ver helpful, service was good, although perhaps just a little too fast. My Sea Bass was memorable; so very delicious and all of the accompaniments were great. My wife's lamb chops, while they looked delicious, were full of big "fat" pockets. We brought home one of the chops, and I could see for myself that it was much more fat than meat. However, it was a nice venue to celebrate my wife's Birthday.Special Features:
- Superb!YumyumDined on 9/2/2014The entire dining experience was exemplary! Compliments to the chef ... Who nailed best Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass (special)! Also the appetizers Burratta with Grilled Peaches was absolutely awesome!Special Features:
- Destination DiningGwensgirlDined on 8/31/2014This was a beautiful dinner. Excellent food, nice decor, great staff and pretty street view!Special Features:
- First time dining at CrossingsA914VIPDined on 8/31/2014Overall the food and experience were good. Only a couple minor hiccups- the swordfish with onion risotto was over salted, the olive oil and vinegar served with bread did not accommodate the 4 of us. Will still go again. The building and especially upstairs dining area present a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVickiroVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the second time we have been to Crossings, and this time we took our daughter, who was here from NYC. We all loved it.Special Features:
- wonderful all round experienceSarah27Dined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to Crossings and the staff appeared to remember us and greeted us with 'welcome back'. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Our guests were very impressed and said they would make this a regular haunt. The service was great-discreet but helpful when required. cannot be bettered for a thoroughly enjoyable and stress free night out.Special Features:
- Request for a table downstairsAMooreDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is warm and nice, but for an overall better dining experience request a table downstairs on the main floor. Upstairs can feel a little closed off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingwkaneDined on 8/23/2014went there the day Crossing was written up in Westways magazine but had no idea at the time. Review about service in the magazine was way off base--service absolutely top flight!Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantChristyBVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit in two weeks and we were not disappointed. Outstanding, creative food! Great service! Good drinks! What else could one want? Easier parking would be nice but that is not going to happen.Special Features:
- Something for EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014This place has the potential to be top of the list in Pasadena. There is something on the menu for everyone. A couple of the dishes need a little tweaking, like the blueberry marscapone dessert, which had too heavy of a pastry served with it. The lamb chops adn filte were cooked perfectly, and the quinoa kale salad a delicious and satisfying starter. We will be going back to Crossings for round 2! Wishing you a successful business in South Pasadena!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Food was incredible! Presentation was awesome and the wine list was impressive. Was much more expensive and formal than anticipated. Would return for a special occasion. While we had a nice evening, have heard multiple warning about the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 8/20/2014amazing place. got to try it. excellent cusotmer service. it was a slow night so i dunno kno when its busy.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantSquirrelphdDined on 8/19/2014We went to Crossings for the first time and were extremely impressed with every aspect of the restaurant. The food was fantastic, wine list was incredible and the service was friendly and professional. To top it off the décor and feel of the interior was just beautiful. I would highly recommend dining at Crossings.Special Features:
- Love itsclisaDined on 8/15/2014We had a double date night at Crossings and they hit it out of the park! Everything from entrees to desserts were wonderful and all four of us really enjoyed our experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicetwofoodiesDined on 8/14/2014my friends and I dined at Crossings last Thursday. It started very well. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The apetizers and main course was very good. We asked the bus boy for coffee and a dessert menu. The coffee came but not the dessert menu. Our waiter finally came over (we were finished with our coffee) and asked for the dessert menu again and refills of coffee. We felt neglected.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was perfect....food, service, vibe. Sit upstairs near the windows if you have the choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For your dining pleasureRJdiningDined on 8/11/2014While the main course menu was somewhat limited the items we choose, lamb & salmon, were cooked to perfection and very tasty! Waiter staff was very efficient and a visit from the owner was a pleasant surprise. We like the contemporary urban look & extensive wine list. This was our 4th or 5th dining, and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Place in Town - Great AdditionFoodEDined on 8/8/2014Just tried dinner at Crossings. It was excellent! Only 8 weeks old and up and running smoothly. Easy reservation on Open Table. Had a table downstairs with high front window to watch the action on Mission. Did not realize until later there is a larger, cozy dining area upstairs, with a bartender who ages his unique cocktail mixes in oak barrels on site. Must try one of his concoctions next time. There is outdoor seating next to the surprisingly quiet Metro line - nice for daytime. Next to Buster's ice cream, if you can pass up the temptation.Special Features:
- Lived up to our expectationsChristyBVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had tried to get a reservation on several previous occasions but we were not calling earlier enough to do so. Obviously a good sign about the restaurant. Finally, success!! Everything was wonderful and we will most certainly return and have already recommended the restaurant to others. We ordered the swordfish which was fantastic. The decor is interesting and appropriate and we enjoyed sitting downstairs watching the activity outside and liked the light from the large windows. This restaurant is definitely one of our new favorites!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great service and interesting and delicious entrees. I would highly recommend this place to diners looking for a great meal in a pleasant environment which excellent service. It is probably the best restaurant in this part of Los Angeles. We brought a small child to the restaurant with us and they were very accommodating. We had both cocktails and wine and very much enjoyed their offerings.Special Features:
- Beautiful blend of old and newVandyDined on 8/3/2014The owner is the consummate host and he has created a beautiful blend of crisp modern styling, with an open kitchen and full bar, in a classic two-story brick storefront building in South Pasadena. They have a very nice patio, but it was a rare muggy night so we sat inside at a great window table. The service was perfect and the food, upscale American, was superb, especially the corn chowder and the salmon cooked in a plantain skin. We will be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderfulVickiroVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at "Crossings" was great. Food was awesome, service was superb and the wine list extensive. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Over ratedReviewer1000VIPDined on 8/2/2014For its price you would expected something special, a bit more, the food was your average food, and the bread was bad, the bread can tell a lot about a place, it wasn't fresh, displayed as if you will get a treat and then you will be disappointed. The description of the dish was dishonest (gold line chicken) spicy braised vegetable, were your average steamed veg. The presentation, was not appealing.
- Great restaurant in South PasrobinVIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved our evening at Crossings - everything about it was perfect. Great service, delicious food. The ahi tuna appetizer was generously sized and simply perfect. The rib-eye special had a delicious sauce and was large enough to split with my husband. Dessert - chocolate brownie cake - couldn't have been better and was perfect for 4 people to have a few spoons each.Special Features:
- Great PickHollieDined on 7/31/2014I took my best friend here for her 30th and we had a wonderful time. Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious. The ambience is also perfect for a quiet and peaceful dinner. We also loved the decor....so cute! We will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMpg509Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I dined here for our 30th wedding anniversary. From the time we entered the restaurant and being greeted by the hostess to the time we left, we were the recipients of personalized service, which included a welcome card, friendly conversation, exquisite food, attention to detail and a wonderful dessert. We were totally satisfied and thoroughly happy we had chosen Crossings to celebrate such an awesome occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningfinedinnerDined on 7/26/2014I took friends from out of town. We were greeted with a cheery hostess. Our waitress knew the menu well and was very attentive to all our questions and requests. The food was simply outstanding. The busboy was constantly refilling the water and cleared plates only after all of us were finished. I can't say enough how wonderful the evening experience was. I would recommend this anyone who loves fine dining. From the looks of it more and more people have found The Crossing.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!JackiDined on 7/26/2014Took my husband and daughter tonight to experience dineLA menu. Everything was perfectly prepared. We had a reservation on the early side and were seated immediately, upstairs, in the larger room. The booth was perfect and our meal was well timed. No rushing at all. Also, our server, Mauricio, was attentive and knowledgeable. We all enjoyed our various first courses (burrata allowed for "perfect bites," BLT Wedge was crisp and quite a portion, and short-ribs so tender they melted), all savored the filet mignon which was prepared differently for each of us, and shared the two rich and fabulous desserts. And the rosemary bread was perfectly seasoned. We all left feeling well cared for, satisfied, and special. Thank you Crossings!Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014The food and ambience are okay but nothing special. Not sure what the restaurant is trying to achieve. Avoid being seated in the upstairs back room -- it's a dungeon.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We came from LA to So. Pasadena for the dineLA Restaurant Week promotional. Excellent service. The promotional menu was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimCDined on 7/22/2014Food and service were excellent. A great place for dinner and in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad2bhereDined on 7/20/2014Hospitality embodies not just food and wine, but the welcome you feel (or don't) as you enter the restaurant through the "thank you for coming and hope to see you again soon." Service here is superb; professional but personable. Wine by the glass is poured at table, temping artisan breads are offered throughout dinner service.. Food quiality was excellent and expertly plated. Ambiance combined the historic building with elegant artistic touches.Special Features:
- Great new neighborhood findwhats4dinnerDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I tried this restaurant with another couple. So glad we did! The atmosphere was upscale without being stuffy and we were able to carry on a conversation without shouting, which seems rare in restaurants these days. The service was attentive and our waiter was knowledgeable about the food and gave us a good wine recommendation. Started with a very nice watermelon martini, enjoyed a delicious salad with grilled peaches and burrata, ate every bite of a perfectly cooked and seasoned filet mignon and finished with terrific creme brulee. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014After a late afternoon appointment, I checked on Open Table for some early dinner reservations. The menu read really well, so I booked it. Everything about this place was great! The food, service and storefront ambiance of Crossings went way beyond my expectations. I highly recommend it and will certainly make sure to come back whenever I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic finddiningfoodieDined on 7/17/2014Third visit; food, service, attention to detail continue to be excellent! Best swordfish ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant/Good FoodLisetteCDined on 7/17/2014Had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while, but was put-off by reports of loud music. We took advantage of DineLA to do an early dinner. The upstairs dining area was casually elegant. Music was good and not overwhelming...nice mix of styles. My daughter had the swordfish and BLT salad and the Blueberry Cobbler with Mascarpone. Delicious! I had the Grilled Peaches with Burrata Salad, which was excellent and the Filet Mignon, which was just okay, cooked rare as requested, but grey. The thyme reduction saved it. Creme Brûlée came with toasted meringue, but was much too sweet, so I scraped it off. In all, a good experience and will come back to try the full range of food. The ambiance is wonderful. Sophisticated but comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DateLCFoodieDined on 7/13/2014A great place romantic dining. The wait staff was extremely attentive. The filet mignon (served rare) was better than anywhere. If you like oysters, try the Oysters Rockefeller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night!shelleybethVIPDined on 7/11/2014I brought my family to Crossings for a special occasion and we were treated to an amazing night. Our server Annie was phenomenal. I couldn't decide between the two vegetarian dishes and they actually let me order half orders of each. I've never had a restaurant do that, and especially one as nice as this. Great ambiance, extensive wine list, and foodies will be very happy. Definitely going to be returning here.Special Features:
- KevinVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another fine restaurant in my neighborhood worth coming back to. Just come and enjoy the food and service. If you are a wine lover, you will love it more. Personally, I thought the Gold line is a little bit too close for comfort (You can almost touch the training as it goes by thus can be a little bid loud). Of course, this could be attractive for some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.