1010 Mission St.
South Pasadena, CA 91030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossings-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (626) 799-7001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lalo Sanchez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Crossings
Crossings restaurant is located in the beautiful historic Edwards and Faw building on Mission St. in South Pasadena. The building was originally built in 1908. Crossings utilized the beautiful brick and mortar structure to inspire a classic American restaurant space. The downstairs dining room encompasses a fully open kitchen and 14 foot ceilings. A patio under a 100 year old oak sits right next to the Metro Gold Line, providing a truly urban space not easily found in LA. A wine loft sits between the first and second floors, offering a wide variety of wines to choose from. The second floor offers a full bar as well as raised booths and tables overlooking Mission St.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crossings - Best Restaurants in South Pasadena ›
Crossings reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (86)special occasion (77)romantic (57)notable wine list (54)good for groups (28)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- comfortable neighborhood diningLindaVIPDined on 11/23/2014Great spot with neighborhood and city ambience... reminds you of the east coast like Greenwich the food is terrific and they go to the farmers market which is wonderful... but service needs to be worked on... the waiter needs to be more attentive and pour the wine... generally if you bring a bottle in the wine expert comes over and is impressed with what you brought in.... and asks if you want it decanted... we had to request several times... then timing was way off for the dinner.. and we ended up pouring our own wines.. despite asking the food server to ask the waiter to come over. the restaurant did not seem that busy ... this is easily correctable and we will go back ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste the love for food!LeJoBoDined on 11/21/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and were pleased by this clean and stylish place. We had the swordfish and black cod. Both dishes were perfectly cooked and well balanced in taste and portions. For dessert, the lemon tart with blueberries was a delight. Overall, Crossings has a great menu, ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinneroldschoolVegasDined on 11/16/2014This restaurant caught my eye, so I chose it for my Anniversary dinner. My wife and I were very happy with our decision. Everything from the greeting when we walked in, to desert, was very pleasant. The food was amazing! We strongly suggest starting with the Ceviche! We cannot wait to return with family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backUSCRonDined on 11/15/2014I judge a restaurant on the bread they serve. The bread was warm and tasty. What a way to start a meal. My wife and I shared a pork chop and the venison special. Both were outstanding. My only complaint was the noise level. Next time we will request to eat downstairs as it was less noisy. Plan to go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambianceCC57Dined on 11/8/2014Nice addition to the Pasadena area dining scene. And thank goodness that it's not ANOTHER gastropub! Just a bit pricey but overall wonderful food, ambiance, decor, and service. I will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our second time dining at Crossings and it was as good as the first. We celebrated our friend's birthday and it was their first time and they enjoyed it very much. I had the swordfish which was the best I have ever had, one had the Filet and two had the Veal Chop--all delicious! My husband and I ordered the Lobster Bisque which was not very hot--they took it back and heated it for us. When we got our bill we were surprised to see that they did not charge us for the soup which thought was a nice gesture on their part. Our server, Casey, was so pleasant and very professional--she made the evening special. This is a well run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth every pennyyummyfoodalertDined on 11/7/2014This was my second time eating dinner at Crossings. My husband and I had a wonderful first experience and our second visit was no different. Every item we ordered was so delicious. The braised short rib appetizer was mouth-watering and all of our entrees were just as amazing. Our party of three decided on the Kurobuta pork chop, New York steak, and the Chilean sea bass. We ended with the profiteroles which was the perfect choice recommended by our waitress. The service was great and I appreciated that they were able to accommodate my online request to sit on the second story near the windows.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I made the reservation online and specifically requested for window corner table. The staff confirmed that we will have the requested table when she called that afternoon. On arriving, we were asked to seat in the U-shape table right in the middle of the restaurant, and we felt the table is very uncomfortable. And the the table isn't an ideal seating arrangement for party of two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!YasmineVIPDined on 11/2/2014First time discovering Crossings. Very happy we did...we'll be back. Have already recommended this wonderful restaurant to friends. Delicious food, excellent service & great ambience. Go!Special Features:
- Crossings - good but not greatEcbermanDined on 11/1/2014Great service. Good drinks and wine. Somewhat limited appetizer menu. Entre menu ok, but not spectacular. Vegetarian and/or pasta would have been welcomed. The swordfish was well-prepared, but was served only just warm. Great sorbet (Fosselmans) for desert, but served all three flavors piled into an ice cream sundae glass instead of laid out singly on a plate. We were hoping that Crossings would equal/surpass the old Red White and Bluezz (Pasadena) that closed a few years back, but unfortunately we were disappointed.
- Lovely decor / Food disappointingLuvBlingVIPDined on 11/1/2014We were looking forward to dining here but we're disappointed in the food. The swordfish which was supposed to be the signature dish was dry. The restaurant was packed and it was a Saturday night. It had all the right combination of decor and good service. Maybe a second chance. Pricey for what we ate.Special Features:
- 2ND visit. Still greatmaryDined on 10/31/2014I love that this place is so close to home. It’s got great atmosphere and well thought out dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014They made it a fantastic birthday celebration for my daughter, from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th VisitJonesDAVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time dining upstairs nw we thoroughly enjoyed it. Servicee and food was as exceptional as before.Special Features:
- Good overall meal, but...lunchingladyDined on 10/24/2014my quinoa dish was laden with cream, which wasn't even mentioned on the menu. Someone ordering the quinoa (the only vegetarian entree option) may be doing it for health reasons, so knowing it has a cream bases sauce would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience!Knobul8rDined on 10/16/2014Wasn't loud, conversation level which was excellent due to business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great staffAndGabDined on 10/14/2014Went for my sweetie's birthday. The staff went over the top to make the night special, and I absolutely appreciate all of the little touches they added to personalize the evening. Thank you! As for the food, we started with the cream of mushroom-broccoli soup, delicious. I ordered a filet mignon for dinner, excellent. We had the mascarpone cake for dessert, superb. Our other entree was the veal, and unfortunately it was not very good. I mentioned this to the staff (without displeasure or annoyance, only disappointment) and they were kind enough to provide dessert on the house (not necessary, but very much appreciated).Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambiance.macaroniDined on 10/13/2014This is our third visit to Crossings for dinner. Each time we have brought friends who have found the restaurant, the food and the ambiance very pleasing and said they would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little gem near the CrossingAltheaDined on 10/10/2014Food, ambiance,and service were all outstanding. Presentation exquisite. A place you want to return to frequently. The wine list will blow you away! A true little gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful FindJackDined on 10/4/2014The Crossings is a must. Excellent ambiance, terrific service, outstanding cuisine. Great location, wonderful job on the renovation of the building. Love the brick walls. The Crossings is one you will have to put on your list of new exciting restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of flavorBethDined on 10/3/2014The Oysters were fantastic, as was the salad. I tried the onion soup was below par. Our main course was the Pork Chop was very good.The Bok Choy was over cooked and the chinese dumpling soggy. For the price I was expecting gret service. It was fair, not up to par for the price of the meal. I'll come back again to try other items. The food that was good was tasty. We brought our own wine. The corkage fee is $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission stFoodmavenVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great fish Swordfish, sea bass special Olive bread. Lemon meringue pie is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Spot in South Pasadenafit4foodiesDined on 10/2/2014Delicious dinner with 4 different entrees at the table each one was perfect.Special Features:
- crossings1Dined on 9/26/2014$12 for a single scallop is a big turn off for me.....although we enjoyed the food. It would have been a nice choice for a neighborhood haunt, but I don't think we'll be back. The decor in our dining room (a few hand brooms mounted on the wall?) looked unfinished and poorly imagined.Special Features:
- New Restaurant to try in South pasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Crossings has had a lot of buzz lately in the Pasadena area. We enjoyed the ambiance, the service was terrific and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant in SoPasIW92210Dined on 9/24/2014The multiple areas for dining and the interior design of the building is beautiful. The service and food were excellent. Crossings is the reason you will want to travel to South Pasadena for a restaurant dining experience. Parking is a problem and that needs to get resolved quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossings: 1st Time's a CharmThatWillDined on 9/20/2014We'd been curious from the beginning, and picked it as our after-movie place on Saturday. Though 15 minutes early for our 9:00 reservation we were seated immediately, upstairs next to the inviting bar room. Cocktails were perfect, with excellent bread and butter served on the side. My entrée of pan-roasted sturgeon came on a bed of celery-root purée, with roasted baby tomatoes around it and a bit of grapefruit compote on top, very good indeed, while my wife's bowl of cockles & mussels with tomato and garlic over linguini was equally satisfactory. My glass of a good pinot noir was a generous pour for the $10 price. We split a nice warm fruit crumble with a scoop of Fosselman's vanilla to finish. $111 w/tax before tip. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Lovely atmosphere, good service. Food looked beautiful but lacking in flavor. Not worth the cost
- High class in South PasPasadenaMDVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, very classy and comfortable. Good wines by the glass. We really enjoyed Crossings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?itsallgoodDined on 9/13/2014A lovely restaurant, close to home, with a pretty outdoor patio. It was my first visit and I wanted to really love this place. We sat out on the patio. As soon as we were greeted by our server, we ordered drinks and appetizers. The server never brought out our appetizers of oysters and ceviche, and when our dinner came out and we mentioned it was a little late for the oysters, but the ceviche would still be nice, even with our main course, he still NEVER brought it out. No explanation. Just came by toward the end of our meal and offered me more wine, on him, for messing that up. Huh? I didn't want to bring negativity to my son's birthday celebration (reason for the dinner out), so we just shrugged it off, but I can't imagine coming back.Special Features:
- A True Neighborhood GemChazzhVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our second visit to Crossings only confirmed our first impressions of this new Neighborhood Gem. Excellent food, interesting menu options,good service, and multiple dining spaces - each with their own ambiance. My only concern is that this place will become so highly recommended that it will be harder and harder to book reservations when we return - as we plan to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceStevieDined on 9/12/2014Crossings went the distance to insure that a special occasion was special. I had requested a particular room and, after we were seated, the hostess came by the table to inquire if our table was satisfactory. We were not familiar with the pinots available by the glass, and our waitress offered us generous pours of both so that we could select (and we were only purchasing wine by the glass)! The food was good, and some items, like the dessert, were spectacular. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFODFriendofDanDined on 9/11/2014Our party of five all had a wonderful evening. The service and food was outstanding. We will keep coming back. I have been here twice. In May for my birthday and September for wedding anniversary. Both times we were outside. Will try inside next time. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDiners2VIPDined on 9/4/2014We came to Crossings with high expectations after reading so many very glowing reviews on Open Table. Our experience however, was a little mixed. The wait-staff were great and ver helpful, service was good, although perhaps just a little too fast. My Sea Bass was memorable; so very delicious and all of the accompaniments were great. My wife's lamb chops, while they looked delicious, were full of big "fat" pockets. We brought home one of the chops, and I could see for myself that it was much more fat than meat. However, it was a nice venue to celebrate my wife's Birthday.Special Features:
- Superb!YumyumDined on 9/2/2014The entire dining experience was exemplary! Compliments to the chef ... Who nailed best Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass (special)! Also the appetizers Burratta with Grilled Peaches was absolutely awesome!Special Features:
- Destination DiningGwensgirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was a beautiful dinner. Excellent food, nice decor, great staff and pretty street view!Special Features:
- First time dining at CrossingsA914VIPDined on 8/31/2014Overall the food and experience were good. Only a couple minor hiccups- the swordfish with onion risotto was over salted, the olive oil and vinegar served with bread did not accommodate the 4 of us. Will still go again. The building and especially upstairs dining area present a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVickiroVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the second time we have been to Crossings, and this time we took our daughter, who was here from NYC. We all loved it.Special Features:
- wonderful all round experienceSarah27Dined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to Crossings and the staff appeared to remember us and greeted us with 'welcome back'. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Our guests were very impressed and said they would make this a regular haunt. The service was great-discreet but helpful when required. cannot be bettered for a thoroughly enjoyable and stress free night out.Special Features:
- Request for a table downstairsAMooreDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is warm and nice, but for an overall better dining experience request a table downstairs on the main floor. Upstairs can feel a little closed off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.