1010 Mission St.
South Pasadena, CA 91030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossings-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6267997001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lalo Sanchez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Crossings
Crossings restaurant is located in the beautiful historic Edwards and Faw building on Mission St. in South Pasadena. The building was originally built in 1908. Crossings utilized the beautiful brick and mortar structure to inspire a classic American restaurant space. The downstairs dining room encompasses a fully open kitchen and 14 foot ceilings. A patio under a 100 year old oak sits right next to the Metro Gold Line, providing a truly urban space not easily found in LA. A wine loft sits between the first and second floors, offering a wide variety of wines to choose from. The second floor offers a full bar as well as raised booths and tables overlooking Mission St.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Crossings - Best Restaurants in South Pasadena ›
Crossings reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (88)special occasion (80)notable wine list (59)romantic (57)good for groups (27)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Superb dining experience!Knobul8rDined on 10/16/2014Wasn't loud, conversation level which was excellent due to business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great staffAndGabDined on 10/14/2014Went for my sweetie's birthday. The staff went over the top to make the night special, and I absolutely appreciate all of the little touches they added to personalize the evening. Thank you! As for the food, we started with the cream of mushroom-broccoli soup, delicious. I ordered a filet mignon for dinner, excellent. We had the mascarpone cake for dessert, superb. Our other entree was the veal, and unfortunately it was not very good. I mentioned this to the staff (without displeasure or annoyance, only disappointment) and they were kind enough to provide dessert on the house (not necessary, but very much appreciated).Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambiance.macaroniDined on 10/13/2014This is our third visit to Crossings for dinner. Each time we have brought friends who have found the restaurant, the food and the ambiance very pleasing and said they would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little gem near the CrossingAltheaDined on 10/10/2014Food, ambiance,and service were all outstanding. Presentation exquisite. A place you want to return to frequently. The wine list will blow you away! A true little gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful FindJackDined on 10/4/2014The Crossings is a must. Excellent ambiance, terrific service, outstanding cuisine. Great location, wonderful job on the renovation of the building. Love the brick walls. The Crossings is one you will have to put on your list of new exciting restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of flavorBethDined on 10/3/2014The Oysters were fantastic, as was the salad. I tried the onion soup was below par. Our main course was the Pork Chop was very good.The Bok Choy was over cooked and the chinese dumpling soggy. For the price I was expecting gret service. It was fair, not up to par for the price of the meal. I'll come back again to try other items. The food that was good was tasty. We brought our own wine. The corkage fee is $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission stFoodmavenVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great fish Swordfish, sea bass special Olive bread. Lemon meringue pie is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special Spot in South Pasadenafit4foodiesDined on 10/2/2014Delicious dinner with 4 different entrees at the table each one was perfect.Special Features:
- crossings1Dined on 9/26/2014$12 for a single scallop is a big turn off for me.....although we enjoyed the food. It would have been a nice choice for a neighborhood haunt, but I don't think we'll be back. The decor in our dining room (a few hand brooms mounted on the wall?) looked unfinished and poorly imagined.Special Features:
- New Restaurant to try in South pasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Crossings has had a lot of buzz lately in the Pasadena area. We enjoyed the ambiance, the service was terrific and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant in SoPasIW92210Dined on 9/24/2014The multiple areas for dining and the interior design of the building is beautiful. The service and food were excellent. Crossings is the reason you will want to travel to South Pasadena for a restaurant dining experience. Parking is a problem and that needs to get resolved quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossings: 1st Time's a CharmThatWillDined on 9/20/2014We'd been curious from the beginning, and picked it as our after-movie place on Saturday. Though 15 minutes early for our 9:00 reservation we were seated immediately, upstairs next to the inviting bar room. Cocktails were perfect, with excellent bread and butter served on the side. My entrée of pan-roasted sturgeon came on a bed of celery-root purée, with roasted baby tomatoes around it and a bit of grapefruit compote on top, very good indeed, while my wife's bowl of cockles & mussels with tomato and garlic over linguini was equally satisfactory. My glass of a good pinot noir was a generous pour for the $10 price. We split a nice warm fruit crumble with a scoop of Fosselman's vanilla to finish. $111 w/tax before tip. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Lovely atmosphere, good service. Food looked beautiful but lacking in flavor. Not worth the cost
- High class in South PasPasadenaMDVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, very classy and comfortable. Good wines by the glass. We really enjoyed Crossings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?itsallgoodDined on 9/13/2014A lovely restaurant, close to home, with a pretty outdoor patio. It was my first visit and I wanted to really love this place. We sat out on the patio. As soon as we were greeted by our server, we ordered drinks and appetizers. The server never brought out our appetizers of oysters and ceviche, and when our dinner came out and we mentioned it was a little late for the oysters, but the ceviche would still be nice, even with our main course, he still NEVER brought it out. No explanation. Just came by toward the end of our meal and offered me more wine, on him, for messing that up. Huh? I didn't want to bring negativity to my son's birthday celebration (reason for the dinner out), so we just shrugged it off, but I can't imagine coming back.Special Features:
- A True Neighborhood GemChazzhDined on 9/13/2014Our second visit to Crossings only confirmed our first impressions of this new Neighborhood Gem. Excellent food, interesting menu options,good service, and multiple dining spaces - each with their own ambiance. My only concern is that this place will become so highly recommended that it will be harder and harder to book reservations when we return - as we plan to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceStevieDined on 9/12/2014Crossings went the distance to insure that a special occasion was special. I had requested a particular room and, after we were seated, the hostess came by the table to inquire if our table was satisfactory. We were not familiar with the pinots available by the glass, and our waitress offered us generous pours of both so that we could select (and we were only purchasing wine by the glass)! The food was good, and some items, like the dessert, were spectacular. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFODFriendofDanDined on 9/11/2014Our party of five all had a wonderful evening. The service and food was outstanding. We will keep coming back. I have been here twice. In May for my birthday and September for wedding anniversary. Both times we were outside. Will try inside next time. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDiners2Dined on 9/4/2014We came to Crossings with high expectations after reading so many very glowing reviews on Open Table. Our experience however, was a little mixed. The wait-staff were great and ver helpful, service was good, although perhaps just a little too fast. My Sea Bass was memorable; so very delicious and all of the accompaniments were great. My wife's lamb chops, while they looked delicious, were full of big "fat" pockets. We brought home one of the chops, and I could see for myself that it was much more fat than meat. However, it was a nice venue to celebrate my wife's Birthday.Special Features:
- Superb!YumyumDined on 9/2/2014The entire dining experience was exemplary! Compliments to the chef ... Who nailed best Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass (special)! Also the appetizers Burratta with Grilled Peaches was absolutely awesome!Special Features:
- Destination DiningGwensgirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was a beautiful dinner. Excellent food, nice decor, great staff and pretty street view!Special Features:
- First time dining at CrossingsA914VIPDined on 8/31/2014Overall the food and experience were good. Only a couple minor hiccups- the swordfish with onion risotto was over salted, the olive oil and vinegar served with bread did not accommodate the 4 of us. Will still go again. The building and especially upstairs dining area present a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeVickiroVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the second time we have been to Crossings, and this time we took our daughter, who was here from NYC. We all loved it.Special Features:
- wonderful all round experienceSarah27Dined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to Crossings and the staff appeared to remember us and greeted us with 'welcome back'. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Our guests were very impressed and said they would make this a regular haunt. The service was great-discreet but helpful when required. cannot be bettered for a thoroughly enjoyable and stress free night out.Special Features:
- Request for a table downstairsAMooreDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is warm and nice, but for an overall better dining experience request a table downstairs on the main floor. Upstairs can feel a little closed off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingwkaneDined on 8/23/2014went there the day Crossing was written up in Westways magazine but had no idea at the time. Review about service in the magazine was way off base--service absolutely top flight!Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurantChristyBVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit in two weeks and we were not disappointed. Outstanding, creative food! Great service! Good drinks! What else could one want? Easier parking would be nice but that is not going to happen.Special Features:
- Something for EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014This place has the potential to be top of the list in Pasadena. There is something on the menu for everyone. A couple of the dishes need a little tweaking, like the blueberry marscapone dessert, which had too heavy of a pastry served with it. The lamb chops adn filte were cooked perfectly, and the quinoa kale salad a delicious and satisfying starter. We will be going back to Crossings for round 2! Wishing you a successful business in South Pasadena!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Food was incredible! Presentation was awesome and the wine list was impressive. Was much more expensive and formal than anticipated. Would return for a special occasion. While we had a nice evening, have heard multiple warning about the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 8/20/2014amazing place. got to try it. excellent cusotmer service. it was a slow night so i dunno kno when its busy.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantSquirrelphdDined on 8/19/2014We went to Crossings for the first time and were extremely impressed with every aspect of the restaurant. The food was fantastic, wine list was incredible and the service was friendly and professional. To top it off the décor and feel of the interior was just beautiful. I would highly recommend dining at Crossings.Special Features:
- Love itsclisaDined on 8/15/2014We had a double date night at Crossings and they hit it out of the park! Everything from entrees to desserts were wonderful and all four of us really enjoyed our experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicetwofoodiesDined on 8/14/2014my friends and I dined at Crossings last Thursday. It started very well. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The apetizers and main course was very good. We asked the bus boy for coffee and a dessert menu. The coffee came but not the dessert menu. Our waiter finally came over (we were finished with our coffee) and asked for the dessert menu again and refills of coffee. We felt neglected.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was perfect....food, service, vibe. Sit upstairs near the windows if you have the choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For your dining pleasureRJdiningDined on 8/11/2014While the main course menu was somewhat limited the items we choose, lamb & salmon, were cooked to perfection and very tasty! Waiter staff was very efficient and a visit from the owner was a pleasant surprise. We like the contemporary urban look & extensive wine list. This was our 4th or 5th dining, and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Place in Town - Great AdditionFoodEDined on 8/8/2014Just tried dinner at Crossings. It was excellent! Only 8 weeks old and up and running smoothly. Easy reservation on Open Table. Had a table downstairs with high front window to watch the action on Mission. Did not realize until later there is a larger, cozy dining area upstairs, with a bartender who ages his unique cocktail mixes in oak barrels on site. Must try one of his concoctions next time. There is outdoor seating next to the surprisingly quiet Metro line - nice for daytime. Next to Buster's ice cream, if you can pass up the temptation.Special Features:
- Lived up to our expectationsChristyBVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had tried to get a reservation on several previous occasions but we were not calling earlier enough to do so. Obviously a good sign about the restaurant. Finally, success!! Everything was wonderful and we will most certainly return and have already recommended the restaurant to others. We ordered the swordfish which was fantastic. The decor is interesting and appropriate and we enjoyed sitting downstairs watching the activity outside and liked the light from the large windows. This restaurant is definitely one of our new favorites!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great service and interesting and delicious entrees. I would highly recommend this place to diners looking for a great meal in a pleasant environment which excellent service. It is probably the best restaurant in this part of Los Angeles. We brought a small child to the restaurant with us and they were very accommodating. We had both cocktails and wine and very much enjoyed their offerings.Special Features:
- Beautiful blend of old and newVandyDined on 8/3/2014The owner is the consummate host and he has created a beautiful blend of crisp modern styling, with an open kitchen and full bar, in a classic two-story brick storefront building in South Pasadena. They have a very nice patio, but it was a rare muggy night so we sat inside at a great window table. The service was perfect and the food, upscale American, was superb, especially the corn chowder and the salmon cooked in a plantain skin. We will be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderfulVickiroVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at "Crossings" was great. Food was awesome, service was superb and the wine list extensive. Loved itSpecial Features: