208 Kings Highway East
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crossculturerestaurant.net/
- Phone: 8564284343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Manish Chopra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: we do catering for all size of parties both in house and outside.
A word from Cross Culture
Fine Indian Cuisine - Restaurant and CateringContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cross Culture reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Another excellent experience.BanzaiRabbitDined on 10/12/2014A friend's birthday provided the perfect excuse to stop by our favorite Indian restaurant, and we were again pleased with the outcome. Their chicken dishes are especially enjoyable, because the bird is always moist and tender, and perfectly spiced. I can't say enough good things about Cross Culture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had an excellent meal and experience here. My wife was new to Indian food, and our server did an excellent job helping her to decide on what to order. We chose some Naan and the mixed appetizer for two to start off with, and we enjoyed trying the different sauces. For entrees we went with the Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Karahi, which were both outstanding. Entrees are served family style, which was great for sharing. On Saturday nights, there is live music at the restaurant, and that provided a really enjoyable atmosphere. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating!Special Features:
- ask8ask8Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great meal! Food was awesome and staff helps with suggestions when undecided. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good, Never Busy3catsVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've stated this in the past, I cannot understand why CC is not busier, since the food is authentic, well prepared, and flavorful. IMO, CC is as good as any of the other Indian restaurants around, except the lack of business can be a little awkward.Special Features:
- Great lunchHealthydinerDined on 8/1/2014Met a friend for lunch. We sat at an outside table. The service could not have been any better. The food was visually appealing and delicious. A great spot for dining al fresco.Special Features:
- Group FriendlyShaySeppDined on 7/20/2014Went with a party of seven and the waiters were attentive and friendly. All of the appetizers and entrees were delicious, as always. I would definitely recommend Cross Culture to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicejoyousDined on 7/13/2014When asking my sister and I how spicy/hot we'd like our dishes to be prepared, the question was framed in a scale of 1-10." Generally this dish is a 4-5 level. Which would you prefer?" It was an immediately relatable why to chose our taste level with minimal error. It was, in fact, served at that level and delicious! I have loved everything eaten there over the past year.Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the Cross Culture reviews archive.
- Enjoyed...again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Really good Indian food in downtown Haddonfield. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Cross CultureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014Cross Culture is our go to restaurant. We dine here at least once or twice a month. The food is excellent and the staff is great. Every time I try something new here, I wind up with a new favorite dish. It's BYOB which always helps keep the costs down. The have live music a couple of nights, I think Tuesdays and Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food!MToffelVIPDined on 4/26/2014Whenever we go here we get consistently good service, and the food always comes out fresh and hot. I've had fish and salmon dishes here, as well as vegetarian dishes, and they are all super yummy. We go back often and we're never disappointed. We always recommend this place to people.Special Features:
- Severe lighting, mediocre foodKarenVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is our second visit to Cross Culture. We were somewhat disappointed the first time but decided to give it another try. We were disappointed once again. The service is slow and the servers do not seem to be knowledgable about the menu or communicate with one another. We do enjoy the coziness of the booths, however, the lighting is very harsh sending the coziness right out the window.
- wonderful all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014We went to cross culture to celebrate special occasion in our family. the food was fabulous and our service was and the service was superior. we will go back many more times to comeSpecial Features:
- Great place for IndianCherSquadVIPDined on 3/29/2014I travel to London for work so I expect excellent quality in Indian food. Cross Culture did not disappoint. To celebrate my birthday, my husband and I dined on a Saturday night. I was delighted to find a jazz duo performing. My husband likes spicy food and he ordered the salmon vindaloo, which was moist and flavorful without being overwhelming. I ordered the mixed grill and each item was deliciously prepared with distinct individual flavors. We order a starter salad, which was underwhelming - mostly iceberg lettuce - but the dressing was nice. The naan and parantha were fresh and warm. It's BYOB with no corking charge.Also, we didn't order dessert, but our waiter - the owner's son - served me ice cream with a candle as a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmmmm!CheechDined on 3/28/2014Food was delicious, Server was able to explain the difference in dishes and make recommendations. Very Good! Gotta love a BYOB too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Indian FoodKabalaDined on 3/22/2014We have dined many times at Cross Culture and the food is consistently tasty and exceptionally fresh. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to eat fine food in a very friendly establishment. One tip: On Saturday night they have a Jazz combo and of course it's a BYOB.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLoverndianDined on 3/7/2014Best Indian food by far in the east! Indie Blue nearby is not half as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehreviewer2321Dined on 2/14/2014We reserved for 2 on a holiday. We were then seated to a table near the front of the restaurant. We ordered our appetizer and entrees. Our Naan arrived quickly. 20 minutes later, a waiter takes the order of the party across from us that were seated before we arrived. It took an hour to get our food, which would have been okay if it wasn't for the restaurant being cold. My date wore their jacket during the whole experience. Then the food arrived, and it was great. The Chicken Makhani was good, rice, sauce was good, I enjoyed it. 30 minutes after eating we got our check and the party who ordered 20 minutes after us was asking for their order to go. On our way out they gave us a rose for Valentines day, but it felt like an apology rose.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findegsbertVIPDined on 1/29/2014The food is good and is made individually to taste. There are a variety of dishes to select from and the menu is vegan appropriate. The seating and spacing of the tables allows for private conversation and adequate room for each party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent In Every AspectednjDined on 1/25/2014We decided on a whim to dine at Cross Culture this past Saturday evening. Have to say from the moment we entered with the aromatics in the air, (not overbearing at all) to the music playing, to our server, to the appetizers and entrees one would expect they were in an upscale five diamond restaurant. This one could be. Everything and I mean everything was perfect. The staff, the food, the service, the ambiance, everything was remarkable. This has become our go to place from now on. Would highly recommend Cross Culture to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPhilDined on 1/18/2014This place is awesome. The food is cooked perfectly and the space is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great indian foodjosheVIPDined on 1/11/2014we have eaten at many indian restaurants in the area and this one never disappoints. plus they have live music some nights which is always a nice bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New YearsNipperDined on 12/31/2013In Haddonfield and Collingswood, when all of the reataurants are already booked for new years, I knew we could count on Cross Culture, as Indian Food is not what the average person thinks of....but they should. We booked about 2 days before New Years with a table for 10, the food was excellent, service great and right in the middle of the action of First Night. It dosen't have to be spicy, but can be if you want, your choise.. the Tandori was excellent as it comes out still sizzeling, as an appitizer or main course. Everyone, expecially those not familiar with Indian food were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Fabulous Indian food in a modern setting. I have been to this restaurant about 3 times. Always a great experience. Service was excellent. The wait person asks what spice level you would like your food so your meal is customized for you. BYOB Bonus last Saturday night was live jazz. The right volume, the right tunes, a compliment to the dining experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Indian in HaddonfieldFrankKDined on 12/24/2013We have dined here many times. The food and service are consistently excellent. Particularly good and unusual is the fish tandoori, which we had as an appetizer. There are a good number of vegetarian dishes in addition to chicken, lamb and fish. They will make the "hotness" to your liking. At our table we had dishes ranging from 4 to 8 on the hotness scale of 10, and they did get it right. It is usually not a noisy restaurant, so conversation is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJeffDined on 12/19/2013This was our first here and the food was excellent. I like mild and it was perfect. My partner like medium and had great meal. Note to owner - fix the level pads on your tables. The ambiance for this was lacking due to the need for cardboard to be placed under the legs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013The food was amazing!!!!! We had the grill tandoori with lamb biryani!! Recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent Experience.BanzaiRabbitDined on 12/7/2013Our second visit to Cross Culture turned out to be just as good as the first, with the added bonus of a live jazz duet [guitar and upright bass] playing for everyone's entertainment. The food was terrific, the service was very good for a busy night, and the live musicians were a nice touch and quite skilled. The restaurant staff is one of the most consistently friendly and courteous we have encountered. We highly recommend Cross Culture to anyone who is looking for good Indian food in a good setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experience.BanzaiRabbitDined on 11/16/2013My party of four made reservations for 6pm Saturday, which was good - the restaurant was empty at 6 and filled by 6:45. We were seated immediately. Waiter was pleasant and informative, explaining their spice heat scale and clearly answering all questions. Our appetizer sampler was tasty - I highly recommend it. The only real negative we encountered was what seemed like a long wait between the arrival of our appetizer and our entrees, but in the end was worth it as our entrees were fantastic. Everyone was very pleased with their meals, including spice levels. The restaurant was very busy, but once our entrees arrived the waiter was very attentive, and the bill was somewhat high but still very reasonable for 4 diners in Haddonfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceedenashDined on 10/25/2013I never had Indian food and was very apprehensive as I don't like spicy food. My husband talked me into going and I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff explained all of the different dishes, you can choose your heat level and the food was so flavorful! I love the atmosphere, the attention of the wait staff and the food! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian CuisineHydraDined on 10/24/2013I believe this place is one of the best Indian restaurants in south Jersey. With each visit, quality food and service are provided. Be sure to make a reservation as this restaurant does fill up on the weekends. The ambience is very nice and comfortable. The lights are very bright, which would be a positive or a negative to some.Special Features:
- Service is just hit and miss,foodisloveDined on 10/24/2013Service is just hit and miss, most of the time they're really understaffed, like no Busser understaffed so little details get neglected! Like waiting 20 minutes for water. Food is always good and any special requests are always fulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseEFRADined on 10/19/2013We are both Indian food lovers. Have hit all the usual spots over the years in the area but this one to date had escaped us. What a treat to be there. Superb food, nice sized portions. Staff couldn't have been nicer and the stroll through Haddonfield with its' many quaint shops just topped off the evening.Special Features:
- Our first time: we'll be back!BOBandJANEDined on 9/21/2013It was our first time here & we really liked it. Our guest loves Indian food, but she arrived in town late. Thankfully, through Open Table we got a last minute reservation and were seated just before 9. Jane loved choosing spiciness of chicken cashmere on a heat scale of 1-10 (Jane is just a 4) Delicious with nicely layered spices. Bob liked the large portion of chicken biriyani (but prefers it in a small lidded-clay pot as at Corinander's.) Our guest loved her very spicy (8) dish. We had chips and dips before, bread with, & delicious, spicy tea after. Plenty of extra food to take home, just as tasty when it was reheated. Not just westerners - many Asians were eating at Cross Culture that night, TOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time here.CeebeeDined on 9/20/2013This was our second time dining at Cross Culture. Excellent food, with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. We will certainly return and try more of their great food!Special Features:
- Best Indian Food,CeebeeDined on 8/30/2013This is the best Indian food we've had. Neither my wife nor I were big fans of Indian cuisine, until now. The food was delicious, the service excellent. Try the Indian ice cream to finish off your dinner.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable. Try it.PhilDined on 8/4/2013I rarely take the time to write reviews, but Cross Culture in Haddonfield earned a good review. We tried Indian food for the first time, and it was very fresh, different and delicious. Our waiter was as polite and helpful as any I've ever encountered. We truly enjoyed it. Great place. Really appreciated the experience. We'll definitely be back. Indian food is great and Cross Culture is the place for us. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian cusineDeliciousDined on 8/3/2013enjoyed a nice dinner with our Canadian relatives - the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodmariaeVIPDined on 8/1/2013I would recommend this place to a friend. The food was very tasty. The server? seemed a little out of his element. He seemed a little overwhelmed. I wish he could have a spent a little more time going over the menu as this was our first time trying Indian food. But we made some decisions and were very happy with them. I would go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful dining experience!Jacquie520Dined on 7/19/2013We were out to celebrate a a dear friend's 50th birthday. We wanted a restaurant that was different but good. Cross Culture was suggested and we tought we'd give it a try. Prior to our outing I was not a huge fan of Indian food...however that's because I had never had really GREAT Indian cuisine! This restaurant was simply wonderful! The food was amazing...every bite better than the last...the service was great...our waiter was awesome...so patient...explained so much about the different dishes, flavors, cooking methods, etc. and really treated us very special. We had the Harabhara Kabab, Paneer Tikka, Garlic Naan, Chicken Tikka Masala, Malai Kofta, Chicken Korma and for dessert the amazing Kheer. WE LOVED EVERYTHING! A MUST DINE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013I was impressed with how friendly and attentive the staff were. Food was quick, fresh and delicious. Will definitely eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.