Croissants de France
816 Duval Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Croissants de France
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.croissantsdefrance.com/
- Phone: 3052942624
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a wonderful back garden deck that can be partitioned off from the rest of the restaurant for a more private dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Su or Paula 3052942624x305
A word from Croissants de France
A little bit of the South of France right here in Key West! Our intimate, outdoor garden Restaurant and Cafe is highly acclaimed for its made from scratch, award winning cuisine, fresh baked goods, and wonderful coffee shop overlooking Duval Street. Featuring an eclectic wine and beer list. Open daily from 7.30 a.m. until 10.00 p.m. serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croissants de France reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rainy ugly Valentine's Day dinner.PedrosanDined on 2/14/2013Not a superstar but a good restaurant. Nice staff!
- Skip this oneSteveNDined on 2/5/2013Dry stale lots of other great places to go, skip this one
- I used to go to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2013I used to go to this restaurant 20 years ago and have not been there in about 18 years and wondered if it was even there. I was thrilled that it was and on inquiring was told that it was the same baker and I will have to say it was as good as I remembered - it was wonderful. The pastries are devine.Special Features:
- A Birthday Delight!WaldosmomDined on 1/27/2013We went to Key West to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. I had booked dinner reservations and then called back to order a small birthday cake to be brought as a surprise at dessert time. Throughout our whole visit to the Keys, we were in loud, crowded restaurants, with slow service and uninspired food. What a pleasant and welcome surprise when we arrived at Croissant de France!!! They were waiting to seat us at a special table with flowers in the beautiful outdoor seating set especially for us. The service was lovely, the food delicious and the cake was amazing. It was such a beautiful dinner and a wonderful find!Special Features:
- BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/12/2013The service was wonderful. The food was dry and flavorless. I enjoy the bakery but won't be back to the resturant.
- Don't know why they neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Don't know why they needed a reservation. We were the only ones there. It was okay. Nothing I'd go back for. Just another restaurant that thinks they are better than they are.Special Features:
- Not bad....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2012Were the croissants made with oil instead of butter? Also for the omelet? I prefer and can taste butter. Good service and nice for breakfast or brunch. Also good selection of premium tea.Special Features:
- Very simple place, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Very simple place, prices are not high, but too high for their standard. Foodcourt meal in any mall would be similar to this. They are lucky that they sits on Duval street.
- Based on having bought excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012Based on having bought excellent take-out pastries and coffee from the Croissants de France bakery numerous times over the years, we decided to eat brunch at the attached Bistro. We ordered the poached eggs on brioche from the breakfast menu - one plain and one with smoked salmon. This dish is like a little bread bowl with the eggs in it and the tangy mustard sause is served on the side. The accompanying fresh-squeezed orange juice and café au lait were excellent. The restaurant was very busy but service was fast and efficient. Walk-ins were being seated right in the busy entry area but once I mentioned we had a reservation our party of 2 was seated in the much nicer open back deck area, even though there were only large tables open there.
- went out for brunchm it wasATFujiVIPDined on 12/21/2012went out for brunchm it was hard to distuinguish from the bakery next to.Special Features:
- Always a WinnerGordonGekkoVIPDined on 10/28/2012My wife and I go here each year on our annual trip to Key West. We make it a point to have regular breakfast and brunch or lunch here just about each day on the trip. You must try the tremendously delightful benedicts and galettes. A visit here is highly recommended!Special Features:
- We go to Croissants de FranceGordonGekkoVIPDined on 10/27/2012We go to Croissants de France each year on our annual trip to Key West. The food is simply amazing and the service is great. The benedicts and galettes are to die for! If you go to Key West, this is a MUST VISIT place. We go there multiple times for breakfast, brunch, or lunch and highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Nice place with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012We stumbled upon this place when looking for an early dinner. The food was great! I had filet mignon and my husband had the cordon blue. Good wine list at average prices. The ambiance was a bit off with a guy vacuuming the stairs behind us, the average Monet prints as decor, and my legs were chewed up by noseeums (sp?). (They always seem to find me.) Overall a nice place with great food.Special Features:
- A must for BreakfastGoodTimesDiningDined on 7/7/2012We only had breakfast there but it was outstanding. Portions were very large food was served hot and quick. Server was ok, could have used a bit more training. But it does not take away from the total experience and flavor of the food.Special Features:
- I am sure that they are fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012I am sure that they are fantastic for breakfast and lunch. But this restaurant is mediocre for dinner. They should definitely stick to breakfast/lunch and close down after 6. The wait staff was friendly and very accommodating.
- Best breakfast in KeyWestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2012LOVE LOVE LOVE this place- everytime I'm in KW i go here for breakfast. Service, food, ambiance they have it all. Amazing crepes too! :)Special Features:
- I eat there for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012I eat there for breakfast every day, every time I am in Key West. You could not ask for a better atmosphere and food selection. A mix of European and American style breakfast and lunch. I thank the owners sincerely..Special Features:
- This is one of the restaurantsPatrickVIPDined on 4/8/2012This is one of the restaurants we always go to when in Key West. The food is excellent, and the staff is very good.Special Features:
- We had a very warm and pleasantPleasantDined on 4/8/2012We had a very warm and pleasant lunch. The staff was beyond accommodating and the food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Tried this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2012Tried this restaurant for brunch after reading other Open Table reviews and we were very pleased with the food. Between the 3 of us, we shared a crepe, Cajun shrimp Benedict, and a spinach brioche...all were fantastic. Only draw back was that the service was a little slow. Our waitress was nice enough, but it took about 10 minutes to get our initial drinks and we were never offered refills. Loved the outdoor seating and the desserts were to die for!Special Features:
- Not a bad experience, butDinermeisterVIPDined on 3/15/2012Not a bad experience, but not a super-duper one, either. Can't recommend the special kouign aman because it was so difficult to eat. Couldn't cut through the bottom "crust," so to speak. The almond croissant looked waaay better, and I'll get that next time. Extensive menu and difficult to choose whether to have a breakfast-y item or lunch. Went with a savory crepe Normande. Would have enjoyed that more without the brie rind, but that's a personal taste.Special Features:
- Very relaxing dinner in aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2012Very relaxing dinner in a lovely garden atmosphere. Rather nicely informal with a lovely French menu of well prepared food with friendly servers. My ratings are strict so good means it's good. Don't hesitate to go here because in my book 3 stars should distinguish a place as beeing somewhere worth returning to, an I certainly would and recommend this place if you like traditionally French comfort food.Special Features:
- The restaurant wasn't busy,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2012The restaurant wasn't busy, just us and 3 other tables, but the service was excruciatingly slow, the food mediocre and the cost higher then anticipated. I can't recommend this place.
- We had breakfast. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2012We had breakfast. It was so good that we went back again.Special Features:
- my friends and i stumbledOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2012my friends and i stumbled apon this gem one morning looking for a place to eat breakfast.the coffee was great the coissants to die for the crepes perfect. the price a little to expensive. but if your looking for some place special it is a must trySpecial Features:
- This is a favorite KW diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2012This is a favorite KW dining spot for us. If you love crepes and galettes this is a must (and the pastries from the bakery are the best).Special Features:
- Not worth the effort.noneDined on 12/31/2011New Year's eve is always a rough time for dining, but I was under-whelmed by the service and the quality of the food. The lack of an adequate wine glass and the over cooking of my meal made me realize that I am better off cooking on New Year's eve then going out. Maybe I will return next time I am in Key West and give them a second try, but honestly the service was so poor that I likely won't.
- It is hard to rate this restaurantIdioglosiaDined on 12/31/2011It is hard to rate this restaurant accurately since it was New Year's Eve. I thought the food was good but I was disappointed that the portions were so small. The waitress seemed "put out". I understand because it was a big evening.
- Previous reviews said don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/30/2011Previous reviews said don't order the cordon Bleu. Another table ordered it and reported it undercooked. The beef burgundy we had was just onions beef and brown gravy. The restaurant did not honor a coupon for Free bottle of Wine because we didn't order two entrees despite ordering a salad dessert and soup. We would not go again. This is a dessert and coffee place with only average food for Dinner.
- Stayed in Key West for 2 nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2011Stayed in Key West for 2 nights and skipped the continental breakfast offering at the hotel to eat here. Save room for a flaky croissant to finish!Special Features:
- Very busy day, but with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Very busy day, but with reservations we were seated right on time. The crepes are the best- great. The eggs Benedict were just good but not great. Server and staff were very good.Special Features:
- Resstuarant was very quietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2011Resstuarant was very quiet the night we were there. One persons beef bourg. was delisicous, the others chicken cordon bleu OK. Serviced and atmosphere fun.Special Features:
- Do not miss a chance to eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2011We were seated right away. The ambiance was very nice. The server was very helpful in making a selection. The food came out in good timing. The food was delicious. My friend had the Key lime and coconut crepe and I had the open face croissant with breakfast potatoes.Special Features:
- We go to Key West each yearGordonGekkoDined on 10/26/2011We go to Key West each year and always go here. It's amazing and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Terrible service and nothingIluvfoodVIPDined on 10/2/2011Terrible service and nothing special about the food. Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere else.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2011This is a must visit any time you are in Key West!!! Whether for breakfast, brunch or lunch, the food is out of this world! The waffles, eggs and bacon is absolutely delicious! Not to mention the Key Lime Crepes were unbelievable!!! I can't wait to go back. On top of the great food, the outdoor dining is simply exquisite! A+Special Features:
- Just something to noteUptownJohnVIPDined on 7/1/2011Beware the smoked salmon. I suspect it was salt cured rather than smoked. It was an unbearable Benedict with it on it. Server was somewhat forgetful (and it wasn't busy at all).Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed eatingcpranDined on 6/26/2011We thoroughly enjoyed eating at this restaurant again. We will certainly be back again next year.Special Features:
- Overall the restaurant's foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2011Overall the restaurant's food was incredible, especially the crepes. It was great sitting outside enjoying the morning weather. It was neat that they had a separate area for just baked goods and coffee and the restaurant side. The only real problem was our waitress, who really did not tend to us very much. She was also a little rude to us. The table that came after us was in and out way before we were. We ended up sitting and waiting for a while just to get our order in and to get our check. If it was not for that, our overall experience would've been awesome! I would still go back for the crepes!Special Features:
- Best crepes in Key West!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2011Gorgeous ambiance and GREAT food!!! The Razzleberry crepes with various berries and Brie cheese was to die for. The outdoor seating was gorgeous- you felt like you were in a little French cafe. I'll be coming back next time I'm in KW for sure!!!Special Features: