4000 Pottstown Pike
Spring City, PA 19475Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.croftstavernpa.com/
- Phone: 6104698898
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Crofts' Tavern
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crofts' Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- NOT EVEN OPEN!!DelightedGiGiDined on 2/16/2014It is very disappointing to make a reservation (time requested was available) online and get there just to find out it was CLOSED.. It obviously had not been open for quite some time. The parking lot had not even been plowed from the month's worth of snow fall. A little COMMUNICATION between Open Table and the restaurant please!
- A Nice Friday EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014This was our first time there, the food was good. My fried cheese curds were a nice treat, and the Trout was excellent. My girlfriend enjoyed her appetizer, forget the name but had mushrooms and goat cheese, her meal was so-so, some kind of a pasta dish. The waitress was slow on her drink and food delivery, but when the hostess and possible manager realized she help correct the issue. We were there on a night were their liquor liscence was going through legal issues but they provided one drink for free which was a nice way to compensate for something possibly out of their control. Overall was an enjoyable experience and will revisit again, hopefully with a the mentioned issues settled.Special Features:
- Would it be as good as remembered?PaulDined on 1/31/2014About a month ago, my wife and I visited Croft's Tavern for dinner for the first time. The second visit was equal to the first. During our first visit we were treated like family. The second visit did not disappoint. Thanks to Croft's for becoming our neighborhood eating-out home. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib is a winnerJimmyDined on 1/4/2014Great food, great service, and a great beer list, all surprisingly close to homeSpecial Features:
- Nite out at CroftslynnDined on 12/21/2013This was a pleasurable experience. It is pretty far out of our way it did not make such an impression that we would hurry back, however, we will return if we are in the local area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good and the barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2013food was good and the bar area with fireplace was nice! The noise at the bar was very minimal and was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Crofts has beennanceVIPDined on 12/7/2013The food at Crofts has been really good - everything from soup/sandwich to Salmon dinner - getting more crowded each time, which is great to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide VarietypvilleresVIPDined on 12/6/2013We had a yummy dinner at Crofts. The menu has a wide variety of choices from fancy to basic. All of our meals were great and the dessers were fantastic. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and great foodJoeFDined on 11/16/2013Service was outstanding and the food was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereMariaLeeDined on 10/13/2013I have been here numerous times for dinner and the food is fantastic. Last week, 13 of us took my mother there for her 75th birthday and she loved it! Food was great, service was exceptional, and the whole event was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FreshMOKODined on 10/5/2013All the food is grown or raised within a 50 mile radius of the restaurant. All the food is made in-house and never frozen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpfoodieDined on 10/5/2013my husband and I went there on a Saturday late lunch. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table. The owner also greeted us. The waitstaff was excellent and very knowledgeable about the menu as we were not familiar with some of the items. Very helpful. We placed our order and timing was perfect. not a long wait after our appetizers just enough time to make room for the entree. The food was excellent. Great local place . Overall we will go back and recommend it to others. The only negative comment is that the decor could use some updating. We went there on our first anniversary (different name and management) and returned on our 16th and from what I can tell it was pretty much the same. There were a few additions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was so friendly there.Famof4Dined on 9/13/2013Everyone was so friendly there. The food was great and came out in a reasonable time. We were able to sit, relax and enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2013Wonderful Draft beer selection-perfect for the craft beer lover. Excellent specials & the menu has something for everyone. Currently they have 2 gluten free Beers. They use mainly Local Providers for their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2013We recently moved to the Chester Springs area. We stumbled on to Croft's Tavern and loved it. We're always surprised that it's not packed. Apparently, the building (a gorgeous old stone house), has been home to some not so great restaurants. Glad we gave it a try.Special Features:
- Very good food and cocktailsLionheartDined on 8/6/2013Very good food and cocktails with excellent service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013have been driving by the old titus inn for years……closed or no traffic. saw it as crofts inn and thought we'd give it a try……great food & service and enjoyed the live music…….hope to keep you in the neighborhood for a while…...
- Great burgers, great waitress.ItsfridayVIPDined on 8/2/2013Great burgers, great waitress. Yes, a neighborhood good spot...outdoor dining is nice; a bit noisey from the road..maybe some shrubbery would help around the deck at some point..Maybe for next year? and an awning and colorful plants...I know, it's only money.We will be back..we live so close..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013My wife and I were joined by another couple to celebrate my 56th BD. None of us had ytet tried the restaurant, but we had heard that it was worth investigating. As it turned out, we heard correctly. We had a superb dining experience from every aspect of our visit. Food was spectacular and presentation was excellent. Portion sizes were perfect. Roomie, relaxing atmosphere with great acoustics for conversation with no interference from nearby tables. Service was polite and professional with our server (Jenny) being right there when she was needed, and not annoyingly present, when she was not. We could not have had a better nite out with close friends to celebrate the occasion. Two thumbs (or, in this case, 4) up!Special Features:
- This was our 3rd visit andnanceVIPDined on 6/28/2013This was our 3rd visit and each time the food has been better than the time before. We are really liking this place for burgers and sandwiches and the soups and salads are excellent.Special Features:
- Visit #2LisaDined on 6/22/2013And counting. We happened upon this place and decided to try it. We we very pleased we did. The food is delicious. Love how they incorporate local diary, vegetables, etc in their food. The chef even took time to check on us. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talent in kitchen! Unusual choices!211sswDined on 6/21/2013Because it's a bit out of " town," we often haven't thought of it as 1st choice but that will change now. They make all menu items from scratch & the flavor shows as my taste buds were in a party during dinner at Crofts Tavern. It's worth effort to have dinner here & they have large bar area but our party wasn't in that area. In our party, "Scotch Eggs" a specialty item found at Crofts, was twice ordered, beet salad (red & yellow) along with field greens salad, light & refreshing dressing. In orders at our table, steak from specials menu, lamb burger (cucumber-mint relish, house made pickle), Crofts burger, both arriving with 3 times cooked fries (get their explanation on this-a winner!) They had wide of IPA's, wine, single malt scotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better $.DennisRVIPDined on 6/3/2013This was a very pleasant surprise for my wife and I. We had two different fish entrees and both were great. Soup was delicious as well. Portions were just the right size and while you'll not likely have leftovers to take home, the freshness and flavors will make you come back for more. Just needs more wine selections and it will be at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic food, soups were good,macmomDined on 5/24/2013Basic food, soups were good, our waitress was average, need a list of beers! Waitress said there were too many for her to list, so get a list!
- Great escape!momo2Dined on 5/17/2013Great food pairings for the variety of beers on tap. From appetizers to main course to dessert, nobody was disappointed. Large comfy chairs were almost too large for those of us that like to sit up to the table. The open, well-lit dining rooms are arranged with plenty of space between dining parties; you won't feel crowded. We went on a Friday night and the live entertainment added the perfect touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitnanceVIPDined on 5/17/2013This was our second visit and we liked it again. The food was good - the service was a little slow - took awhile for a waitress to stop by and then took longer for the drinks to come from the bar - other than that, we like it and will go there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellentPAMichelleVIPDined on 5/12/2013Excellent food, excellent service. We had 12 in our party and very much enjoyed all of the menu items we tried. We will return!Special Features:
- Unexpected FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was exceptional. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013The chef came out personally to visit the diners and even explained how my dish was made (Carbonnade)!
- We decided to give the newnanceVIPDined on 4/16/2013We decided to give the new "Crofts Tavern" a try since its been open for a few months now - the food was great! The service was good and the bar was busy! nice to see all the activity there - hope it continues to do well.Special Features:
- Great find!LoveBostonsVIPDined on 4/5/2013Food was excellent and the service was great. Changing draft beer selection is always spot on and the martinis are perfect.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Went to Croft's Tavern for a Friday night meal recently. Food was great. The cheese curds are the best! Great modern twist on their turkey pot pie. Service has improved a lot. Not a long wait time to get our meal!Special Features: