Croc's 19th Street Bistro
620 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croc's 19th Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crocs19thstreetbistro.com/
- Phone: 7574285444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:; Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm- 10:00pm; Sunday "Drag Yourself to Brunch" Showtimes 11AM & 2PM, Reservations are required! No children 17 & under.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Matt Knack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CROC'S Catering and Event Menus are on the website. Corporate luncheons, Birthdays, Reunions, Fundraisers and Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s business, vacation, family, or friends let Croc’s Event Planning Team help you. Croc’s events are eco-friendly with on premise Recycling programs, elimination of ALL Styrofoam and efforts to minimize disposables by using linens, china and glassware or biodegradable disposables. Croc’s can accommodate small or large groups, and can be easily reconfigured. Indoors offers an Eco-friendly Dance floor, DJ Booth, area for live band, TV’s, PA surround sound system with microphone and podium. Private Patio area features 4 TVs, ceiling fans, optional music, bar and can seat 45. Flexible menus range from a simple cocktail and hors d'oeuvres gathering, to a multi-course dining experience of extraordinary food and custom selected wines for Bridal and Rehearsal Dinners, Birthdays, Corporate Meetings, Convention Banquets, Charity Fundraisers with a friendly staff to accommodate 2 to 200. For more information visit the website and email us.
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch is a unique high energy show. 11am and 2pm for a Girls' Day Out you'll never forget. "Drag Yourself To Brunch" feature's the region's best female impersonators. Reservations required no children 17&under. Thursday Night features Locals' night with patio party, live music/DJ/dancing
A word from Croc's 19th Street Bistro
A Neighborhood Gem, Fit For Foodies with a Notable Wine List and Great for Groups and Parties! Croc’s is a Platinum Plate Winner from Hampton Roads Magazine. "Wine Friendly Restaurant" from Wine Enthusiast Magazine since 2006. CROC'S coastal casual cuisine infused with authentic Lebanese dishes offer an array of appetizers and half portion entrees. Seafood is approved from the Monterrey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch List and Sensible Seafood programs. Croc's is home to the Old Beach Farmers Market in the Summer and Green Drinks every third Thursday each month. Sunday brunch offers a unique high energy show at 11am and 2pm for a Girls Day Out you'll never forget. "Drag Yourself To Brunch" feature's the region's best female impersonators. Reservations required no children 17&under. Croc's was the first restaurant in the state certified as 'Virginia Green', the commonwealth's program to promote environmentally-friendly practices in all aspects of Virginia's tourism industry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Croc's 19th Street Bistro - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Croc's 19th Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (22)great for brunch (20)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (15)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- We had funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My food was OK, my grits were a little under cooked and my friend said her eggs were too salty. We did have fun though during the show. My table got skipped over a lot but it was fun regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh foodCleanEatrDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have dined there several times. It is now our "go to" place for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We cap off our week in VB with dinner at Croc's. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchLuvagoodtimeDined on 8/31/2014This was my second time at drag yourself to brunch! The food was still delicious!!!! The show wasn't as good just ok. The performers didn't have as much energy but I still had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much.BdaygirlDined on 8/31/2014The food was terrible; burger burnt when asked for Med Rare, crab dip burnt and too fishy. Service was slow mimosas were weak and cloudy. Tables packed too tightly. The queens didn't perform enough, mainly just collected money. Overall, not impressed. Great idea/horrible execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningswmonaDined on 8/30/2014Delicious food, excellent service. Lots of organic and/or locally sourced food. Enjoyed it and will return!Special Features:
- So great for vegetarians!andreapzDined on 8/30/2014We were so lucky to stumble upon Croc's. Great menu with organic, fresh, and vegetarian options. Escape from the boardwalk and have an amazing meal with great food, service, and drinks.Special Features:
- drag SundayfunfunbuttootightDined on 8/24/2014I live the concept fir drag brunch sunday. It was a lot of fun. I hate the tight spot though. I know u want to make money but it made it a little miserable. We had to switch seats to be able to get next to queens to take pics. It was a real fire hazard and safety issue. The queens could barely get to us to get their tips. But again it was fun but please cut the number down or do three shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was very good the service was ok nothing memorable. I will say the shrimp is some of the best around. Tuna was very good as well. I really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- fun with friendsqueenbeeDined on 8/10/2014Great fun with friends! Make sure you are on time for great seats and parking. Bring dollar bills for the entertainment if not they can make change for you. The entertainment is great and enjoyable with your girl friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag brunchIeatfoodDined on 8/3/2014Fun girls time, music was just a bit too loud, couldn't really chat w my girls at all--I know it's for the show but it was just too loud for all the time, maybe crank it up when each performer comes out then to an average level...at least in the beginning when orders are being taken and you are getting your group settled. Food not so great, not horrible but with such a simple menu it could at least be done a little better. Overall a fun one time type of thing for an event.Special Features:
- BaxterDined on 8/3/2014Food was ok. The dancers looked amazing but I was dissapointed in their performances. They did not do hardly any dancing or entertaining. They basically shimmied around the room taking dollar bills from the patrons. This was my second time for the Drag Brunch. The first time there were less tables and more dancing. This time there were a lot more tables and not much room for the dancers to move around. Definitely not a performance or entertainment, more of looking at drag queens take tips and throw the money into a bucket. Also, the first time I went I had a fantastic quiche. This time the menu had changed and I had a pre-made frozen burger that was burnt. Fun concept, dancers look great, but definitely room for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good.LucMBDined on 7/29/2014We went for a family dinner on a Tuesday night. We were almost alone in the restaurant, but what a great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry I "Dragged myself to Brunch"!sa73dineDined on 7/27/2014Don't reserve a table for Drag brunch unless you know everyone will show up. We reserved for 3 and our friend from out of town had some car trouble. We were told it would be a $20.00 charge. Then our table was taken away and we were sat with a party of 4? Really, a fee? Maybe for a missed Doctors appointment not for a Drag Show! We were punished for something out of our control. The food was not worth the price. My Shrimp and Grits were runny and I wasn't even given a spoon to eat my soupy grits. My guest got the French toast and the plate was served with no syrup. $20.00 missed person charge. There were only 4 Queens working the show. Not impressed with the venue at all.Special Features:
- don't get dragged to brunchSeabreezeDined on 7/20/2014I was very disappointed in this show. Half of THe performers only walked around and had their pictures taken and collected money. Only one really put . The music was so loud before the performers came on that you could not hear the person across the table from you. all our ears were ringing after we left. One of the dishes we ordered wad so salty it was inedible. I want I wouldn't go back to brunch and I wouldn't recommend this show to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Go for the tuna bites!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014We started with two orders of the spicy tuna bites -- we get them every time we go to Croc's -- they're delicious! The grilled caesar salad was another hit -- who would have thought you could grill lettuce? It's grilled just enough to leave grill marks, and it gives a really nice smoky flavor to the salad. The crab cakes were good, but not the best I've ever had; same for the shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousApprilmobleyyDined on 7/13/2014Fantastic, we will definitely be coming back, drag yourself to brunch was very entertaining and it was my first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I enjoyed the drag show and it was a waiter there with a great personality who made fun of my BlackBerry. I loved it. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interestingTeekeeDined on 7/13/2014Very interesting experience. ..I think everyone should try it at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag me to brunchChixbeachgirlDined on 7/6/2014We recently went to crocs to celebrate my birthday. The drag brunch was a ton of fun and quite entertaining. We had a great bartender & some good drinks. Food is okay but you are just going for the show...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Show bad serviceMizzJaeDined on 7/6/2014Went to Crocs for the Drag yourself to Brunch Show. Show itself was great food was amazing but out service from the bar was terrible we waited an hour just for drinks. Waiter was good he took it off the bill. Then it took them 45 mins to get our bills together. Would recommend the show even with all the issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experiencemagicmikeDined on 7/6/2014booked reservation online had no table forced to sit at bar with no view of show food was cold and place was dirty very unhappy with experience was my best friends 50th birthday what a bust for 130 dollars would not recommend crocs to anyone
- Best Show in Town!MudMomDined on 6/29/2014Venue seating was simply horrible....shoved us in a back corner and couldn't "see" the live show, BUT, Miss Victoria and her crew made sure my corner shafted friends and I had a great time. Food was lack luster, but let's face it, went there to have a few cocktails and a good time, which we did! If you're looking for a fun girls time out - THIS IS DEFINITELY IT!! The wait staff and bartender (Joey??) were just awesome! Me & my gal pals will most definitely come back again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Caesar Saladimfsff3Dined on 6/28/2014We started with a 1/2 grilled caesar salad which was very good, as usual. I had a crabcake over risotto for dinner. Very good cake with little filler. My wife's seafood risotto was good also, except it had way too much broth. Our waitress even brought her a soup spoon to help eat it. Overall enjoyable.Special Features:
- Best Hamburgers in Va BeachMichellevspDined on 6/26/2014I love this place for their hamburgers. They truly have the best in the Beach. This time my wife had the fish tacos, but they were dry and not the best. This was our third visit. Everybody must attend their Drag Me To Brunch! Their wait staff are very friendly and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in Virginia Beachluv2dineDined on 6/20/2014Fresh seafood, excellent menu selection topped off with great service! This is by far the best restaurant in Virginia Beach. Five pepper tuna is a favorite.Special Features:
- Crocs Gave me my LYFEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Mary Kay was a GEM THE SHOW WAS AMAZING MY BESTIE AND I ATTENDED WITH OUR GAY SONS!!!! OMG the Drag Queens From Rupauls Drag Race were in DA building me and my sons all time favorite Drag Queen Tyra Sanchez was there meeting her was on his bucket list and seeing his face light up was PRICELESS for a supportive mother!!!! All the queens were gorgeous and fun thank you for a GREAT TIME!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies day out was an experience!!!GigglesDined on 6/15/2014The brunch we went to had some of Ru Paul girls performing, some of their costumes was awesome!!! I just expected a little more performing & dance moves other than just walking around collecting & lip singingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I attended Crocs for Sunday morning brunch. We were closing out my bridal shower weekend and I must say it went out with a bang!!! I would recommend drag me to brunch to all of my friends, (and I did, we have another reservation on July 20). Thanks for a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Drag Show BrunchSamanthaDined on 6/8/2014Wow! I've never been to a drag show so it was quite the experience. Food was good and the show was very good. The performances lasted about two hours with 4 performers coming out several times in different outfits. There were four bachelorette parties going on and they had a blast. Only downside seem like they were milking everything for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so much funsaweimerDined on 6/1/2014We had a blast at brunch and would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Drag Queen BrunchRiRiDined on 5/25/2014It was an over the top show, but the Drag Queens were more focused on collecting dollar bills than actually performing. It's a pricey endeavor, for sure, but can be entertaining for the right crowd.Special Features:
- Great TimeFredTheHumpFlintstoneDined on 5/25/2014the wife and I had to come back for another Sunday Brunch show, we had such a great time the first time, food, staff and the show where again fantastic. If you haven't been to a Drag Yourself to Brunch show, by all means goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service Amazing showawesomeshowpoorserviceDined on 5/25/20144 of us were seated and ordered our drinks. Then we were moved and our original waitress only brought us 3 drinks. We waited for about 20 minutes and mentioned to our waitress that she hadn't brought us all of our drinks. She told us that "she wasn't our waitress anymore". Then we watched as she and another waiter argued and shook their heads at each other, disagreeing about who would take our table. Another 20 minutes went by, with no drink and no food order. We stopped 3 other waiters walking by and let them know that we had no server, and were STILL missing a drink. 3/4's of the way through the show we ordered food. We got it and one order was wrong. We finished our food and the show ended before we got the correct meal.Special Features:
- The following 291 reviews are from the Croc's 19th Street Bistro reviews archive.
- Had a good timegreatfriend17Dined on 5/18/2014Out with my friends, we had a good time. The food was good, service was good...but the pushy little guy that goes around making sure everyone had ones for the show really got on our nerves, we knew the performers work for tips but he was down right too much. The ladies in drag were great, I would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag Youself to BrunchFredTheHumpFlintstoneDined on 5/18/2014went to a special Drag Brunch they have on Sundays....first time, we had such a blast we're going to go again next Sunday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just for the heck of itCaseyODined on 5/17/2014I have dined here many times and this place never cases to amaze me. The food is just great! We always order something different when the wife and I go. Everything we have ordered has been nothing short of amazing. My only complaint is, the portions they provide is never enough. It is truly that good! Keep up the good work guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCrocfanDined on 5/11/2014Great service, great entertainment, great food. Employees were pleasant. Can't wait to go back again. My mother in law said it was the best Mother's Day giftSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place For Brunch with the Girlluv2danceDined on 4/13/2014This is the second time we've attended the Drag Brunch with the Dance Trance Virginia Beach group and each time the show was upbeat, fun, energetic and different! We will definitely be back!! Love you ladies!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFemAggressionDined on 3/23/2014My spouse and I attended "Drag Yourself to Brunch" on Sunday afternoon. The show, crowd, food and atmosphere were great. My only complaint is the extremely slow service. We were seated at 1:30 but didn't see a waitress until close to 2:00 pm. She took our drink order and it took another 10 mins to get water & coffee. When we were finally able to order (a burger and a crab cake BLT), the food came out in a reasonable amount of time; however, requests for condiments and drink refills were never fulfilled despite us asking three different servers. The show made up for the poor service; however, I recommend eating at another establishment before coming.Special Features: