Croce's Park West
2760 5th Avenue #100
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croce's Park West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crocesparkwest.com/
- Phone: 6192334355x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Mon-Fri 4pm - 6pm & 9pm - Close
Sunday 3pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Facilities: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Contact: Tania Nelson 6192321193x
- Entertainment: Croce's Park West offers live music Wednesday through Sunday. We also have Movie Mondays and Talking Tuesdays. We have Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4pm - 6pm and 9pm until Close. Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour is from 3pm until Close. Please visit our website for all schedules.
A word from Croce's Park West
Welcome to Croce’s Park West, our neighborhood Restaurant and Bar in Banker’s Hill. Our American menu highlights small plates, specialty craft beers, cocktails and award-winning Wine List. We offer very distinct areas; large patio, lounge, cozy booths, upholstered chairs and our “Expatriate Room” for live music, special events and corporate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croce's Park West reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (72)romantic (59)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (45)notable wine list (41)good for groups (39)great for lunch (32)late-night find (31)great for outdoor dining (28)great for brunch (24)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Neighborhood Gem!EtoileVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful place in Banker's Hill : from the greeting by Maitre -D to the good-bye and thank you for coming from Ingrid Croce - a perfect experience! World class jazz musicians- Gilbert Castellanos on our evening - , good food and wine, beautifully served, very friendly and laid back - several comfortable eating areas. Also, they sponsor evenings with 'young Lions' - up-and-coming, very talented musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere was great. We went on a Wednesday night and the band was scheduled to play from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. We arrived around 8:15 and the band was on break. They didn't start playing again until after 9:00. It was disappointing that the band didn't play longerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, indifferent servicesphillyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We booked a table in the music room and the ambiance was great--comfy chairs, perfect lighting, beautiful decor. However, our waitress had to be asked for bread three times and it finally arrived--with the food, which was very good and reasonable, especially with the option to get a half portion. At one point another waiter asked if we needed help as our waitress was very busy. We said no because we had just ordered (we did ask for the bread, again, though). Later, she was nowhere to be seen after a busser dropped off our food and I wanted a glass of wine. I made my grievance known to the manager when he checked to see how things were going. The wine appeared immediately--the manager brought it. Later the waitress did check on us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014The main course was very good - scallops. The caesar salad was very average, not very much taste. This may not seem like a big deal but I am always looking for a killer caesar salad and very few restaurants make them great. This salad tasted like plain lettuce with a little bit of dressing. Not tangy, nothing special. If you want to see what a good caesar salad taste like, go to Blind Lady Ale House. Their's is about the best in town. Again, the salad shouldn't be so important, but I expect gourmet from Croce's when I'm getting scallops for $28 so the salad should be equally gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atmos, atmos, atmosstuartDined on 8/22/2014...plus the menu keeps on improving, too. This was our fourth visit and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent ambiance, entertainment and food! Great for a nite out on town!Special Features:
- All around fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014The food, the ambiance, the service, and live music were delightful. Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a classy, fun night out. I had the steak which was incredible. I prefer medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. My friends had the sea bass and curried salmon. I tasted both and they were amazing, each dish prepared in a unique and flavorful sauce. Our waiter was professional, very knowledgeable of the menu, and friendly. We were there early but were able to listen to the live music for a short time before we finished. The music was jazzy but not too loud, a wonderful background to our conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The service was routine and not overly friendly. Food was ok , like half portion options. Music on Thursday evening [21st] was not all that great.
- J phelpsFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Croce's has carried their level of attention to quality of food, service and ambiance to this new location. Our guests were very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location is great!DeeSueDined on 8/18/2014It was only noisy because we sat outside, but everything else was excellent!Special Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT EVENINGDowntownGirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Croce's does not disappoint. We dine there on a regular basis because the ambience created by the owners and the food is always excellent. If you have not been, put this place on your "to do" list.Special Features:
- Enjoyable AgainbigmattVIPDined on 8/16/2014My lady & I had a very nice evening. She had the salmon special, I had the thick pork chop. Both were excellent. Very large sized salads, even my half size kale salad was plenty. Enjoyed Valley of the Moon cabernet. We'll be back. Convenient dining spot after a movie at Hillcrest Cinema.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DrinksGreen1Dined on 8/16/2014I think $10 drinks at brunch are outrageous .. I wouldn't buy one at this price but if they were $7, probably would have had two. Otherwise our group thought brunch was great .. And undiscovered at least on SaturdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience!DiningdelightDined on 8/15/2014Staff was wonderful. Food was amazing. A must go-to if you are in San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceKatmac563Dined on 8/13/2014We had a great meal and fantastic service for dinner. Our waitperson was knowledgeable and friendly. Ingrid came by to say Hello which is always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croce's Is Not To Be MissedBankaCrocesReviewDined on 8/9/2014As a kid growing up listening to Jim Croce's music and then discovering his son A.J. as an adult, I was not going to pass up the chance to eat at a restaurant I had heard about for years during a recent trip to San Diego. After a day of Segway tours and doing all the siteseeing we could, we were somewhat hesitant to keep our reservation for 8 pm but we are glad we did. We were greeted at the door by Ingrid Croce (surprise #1) and then she came to our table when she heard we were fans of A.J.'s and talked to us for a few minutes (surprise #2). The biggest surprise though was how great the food was which was matched by superb service and a nice band playing in the back room. Hungry while in San Diego, visit Croces's Park West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the Duck and Try the FishNadoBobDined on 8/9/2014Following the lead of a noted restaurant reviewer in town I ordered the Duck. It was tough and not very flavor able. On the other hand my wife ordered a fish salad that was extraordinarily good. The martinis are true doubles; all you need is one. The Latin jazz group playing was very interesting and gave us all something to talk about. I liked the ambiance of this restaurant and would give it another try.Special Features:
- Never fails to please!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Always enjoyed when located in Gaslamp and now has a more upscale vibe without the attitude. Food exceptional and service on a level with the best anywhere. Can't go wrong with this one.Special Features:
- nice restaurantTable4U2Dined on 8/6/2014We had dinner with the live jazz quartet on a Wed. night. The music was nice & not bad for high school kids, they do have some potential. Dinner special salmon dish didn't seem to be a practical presentation, very difficult to eat out of a bowl- suggest a place with a slight edge for the juices. Salmon was tasty thou. The chicken dish that was served with quonoa had way too much garlic in it and it overpowered the dish. I will not order that again. The chicken itself was borderline as I like it to fall off the bone a bit since I use a knife & fork and it did not. I would recommend cooking your chicken a bit more. Our service was good to start & then they forgot about us and it took a long time for us to get dessert and the check.Special Features:
- Return customer2texansDined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit to croce's new location after being quite a fan of the gaslamp location. The food was great but maybe a different ambience affected my whole experience. Just not as mind blowing and a definate "do over". Weirdest of all was the creme brûlée. We love that dessert and they put a hint if lavender ? Really? Never met a creme brûlée I didn't like. Other than that a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKerryDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went to Croce's for our 43rd Wedding Anniversary Dinner. When we made reservations, I told them it was our anniversary. When we arrived they acknowledged that and it seemed we got the best table we could have asked for. The service was excellent in every way. I ordered goat cheese salad and a full order Duck Confit. My husband ordered the salad Sea bass entree. My dinner was delicious and I tasted the sea bass which was done to perfection and so tasty. I got the creme brulee desert; it was really good. We ordered a bottle of wine. Among the more expensive wine were several lower priced California wines priced for our budget. We ordered a Reisling. We were happy with it and would order it again. The jazz was very good.Special Features:
- Old Globe SubscribergourmandDined on 7/29/2014We have come to Croce's new location several times prior to Old Globe performances. It's nice to be able to walk over. The food is always excellent and it is great to have the option to order half portions of several salads and many entrees. Wait staff is attentive and well informed.Special Features:
- Always a winnerpbahabDined on 7/28/2014I have dined here at least 4 times and the food and service are always very good. Ingrid stops by your table when she's there and greets you like an old friend. It's so nice to have this place out of downtown and in a part of town that is easier for traffic and parking.
- Yum!friendsDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner. Got 6pm reservations (before the crowd). Lovely service. Got a bit noisy when the band started up, but good idea to put them in a different room. Food very good, tasteful combinations. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- MursuDined on 7/25/2014We loved the comfortable, cushioned dining chairs. We also thought the jazz trio was fabulous. Will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely Done!rbrobDined on 7/23/2014First time at this restaurant since it opened. The decor is very nicely done with a flair for understating, which makes it even more enjoyable. The staff were first rate with our waiter, Bob, seeing to our every needs. The Manager/Sommalier, Michael Simpson, was very helpful with the wine list. All in all a most pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 7/18/2014Did not clean table off after taking away meal waiting for desertSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great time. Dinner and the music was excellent. I will be back again also will tell family and about the restaurant. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Speak Easy Style ExperienceEdwardoGallardoDined on 7/11/2014A happy hour or dinner in this self designed Speak Easy is a wonderfull experience. Ambiance with Nice life music and special invented creations that will thrill your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMerryWidowDined on 7/11/2014Great Caesar Salad! Scallops with risotto good but way to salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food & MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2014The food ia delicious, the service is first class but, of course, it is the live jazz that makes Croce's Park West unique. Brilliant San Diego-based jazz musicians like virtuoso trumpeter Gilbert Castellanos and prodigiously talented pianist Joshua White can be heard there every night. It is the finest combination of dinner and music in San Diego and perhaps on the West Coast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday's are for mesnook12VIPDined on 7/8/2014No live music on Tuesday's is a plus for me so I'm able to talk with the people I'm dining with. Food and service were excellent and the noise level would have been quiet except for the group at the next table - this can happen anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerFoodMDDined on 7/6/2014We have been to Croce's several times and have always had excellent food and service. We went for dinner on Sunday night July 6. If this had been our first time there we would not be returning. Both the food and service were lacking. It took forever for the server to even acknowledge us. She seemed to have too many tables that she was responsible for. It took 10 minutes from our drink order to drink delivery. The restaurant was not full and the bar was bordering on empty. The service went downhill from there. Each course took a little longer and the table was never bused until the next course came. TOTALLY out of character for Croce's. The breading on the shrimp was mushy. The one bright spot was the whole sea bass which was excellent!Special Features:
- DisappointingCarlsbadVIPDined on 7/6/2014Very disappointed; Service was extraordinarily slow, dirty dishes sat on our table for 15 minutes, before anyone came over to remove them. Waitress forgot which wine we ordered for dinner, we were halfway through our meal before it arrived. Crispy duck was not crispy, very dry and 2 drops of sauce. A dessert menu was left, took another 10 minutes for someone to come back to our table and take our order.Special Features:
- Rocking The New LocationIrisDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoyed Croce's in the Gas Lamp, but this new location really serves it well. We went for brunch and they did not disappoint. Best Bacon Bloody Mary's with an extra kick! A+ food and service was on spot! We were also treated to beautiful piano music while dining. Outdoor patio was packed, as it is dog friendly. Great addition to Hillcrest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy!BunnymomDined on 7/5/2014A relative who lives in San Diego recommended Croce's a few years ago, though he had not dined there. He met us at their new location the other evening and enjoyed his recommendation! The food is excellent, and service was great! Our table was in the "regular" restaurant, which was next to the glass window that separates it from the music room where live jazz is performed. That room was full, and people seemed to really enjoy it! A great experience, and yes it is owned by the late Jim Croce's widow!Special Features:
- 1st visit to the new locationjackDined on 7/5/2014I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The old Croce's was one of our favorites in SD. To be fair, we sat outside and may have missed a lot of the new locations attraction. Will give it another try and sit inside. Miss the vibrance of the GasLamp district. Our guest meals were awesome, according to them. The lamb was give 5 stars. my chops were ok and my wifes ribeye was bad. Still enjoyable but not the notable evening we used to have at the old location.Special Features:
- Dining at Croce'sYasminDined on 7/5/2014Try out their Park West fries with 3 dipping sauces, this is good. It's good that they have half portions for some of their entrées so I ordered the braised short ribs which was tasty. It's a good place to try.Special Features:
- Great placeGreatplaceDined on 7/5/2014I be always wanted to go to Croce's when it was in gas lamp, but never made it. We finally went for our 17th anniversary. It was better than I imagined!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling VIPJellyBeanDined on 7/2/2014After 6 months this place continues to surprise me. Food options change daily and the bar continues to be fun. GReAT wine options and the best dirty martini in the city!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.