Croce's Park West
2760 5th Avenue #100
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croce's Park West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crocesparkwest.com/
- Phone: 6192334355x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Mon-Fri 4pm - 6pm & 9pm - Close
Sunday 3pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Facilities: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Contact: Tania Nelson 6192321193x
- Entertainment: Croce's Park West offers live music Wednesday through Sunday. We also have Movie Mondays and Talking Tuesdays. We have Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4pm - 6pm and 9pm until Close. Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour is from 3pm until Close. Please visit our website for all schedules.
A word from Croce's Park West
Welcome to Croce’s Park West, our neighborhood Restaurant and Bar in Banker’s Hill. Our American menu highlights small plates, specialty craft beers, cocktails and award-winning Wine List. We offer very distinct areas; large patio, lounge, cozy booths, upholstered chairs and our “Expatriate Room” for live music, special events and corporate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croce's Park West reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (100)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (71)romantic (60)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (46)notable wine list (39)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (27)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (21)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great music venuerox59Dined on 9/14/2014We booked a table in the lounge specifically to listen to the Sunday Night Latin Jazz. The room is comfortable and provides a great listening experience. Although we didn't eat, the food being served to those around us looked very tempting and smelled delicious. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass and craft beer offerings, which was perfect for us.Special Features:
- Great service, food okDinendashDined on 9/13/2014The charcuterie was a bit small for the price, and they only had salami, not prosciutto, as was listed on the menu. The pork chops were excellent, the pan seared sea bass was very small for the price, and the corn broth was not a good fit for the sea bass. The cobbler dessert took 20 minutes to deliver (we were not told this), which meant we had to eat it quickly to get to our play on time. Friendly and attentive wait staff, and a lively atmosphere with Jim Croce memorabilia.Special Features:
- Our brunchSandyDined on 9/13/2014We went to Croces new restaurant (moved from downtown) to celebrate my birthday. There were 3 of us and we were seated in a very comfortable booth. Our waitress, Amanda, was friendly and efficient. My friend asked about a recommendation for a wine. Amanda sought advice from the bartender and a wine was served. I had "bottomless" Mimosas. Our food arrived hot and the presentation was lovely. I had the buttermilk soufflé pancakes which were absolutely delicious. My friends had eggs benedict and an omelet. We ordered coffee, which was rich and very good. My friend asked about a birthday treat. Unfortunately, no treats at Croces. We had chocolate lava cake with a scoop of ice cream. It was excellent. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Croce's new location has quickly become one of our favorite restaurants, and hits on all cylinders for us: the menu is innovative, the food preparation is great, the service is top notch, an important trait that too many get wrong, the bartenders are friendly and engaged, the atmosphere is intimate, and of course the live music is awesome! But because the number of tables are limited I shouldn't be telling you this!Special Features:
- Superb in every wayEasyDined on 9/12/2014Food, service, ambiance, friendly and Ingred Croce is there to make you day. We went there for my wifes birthday. She had read Ingrid's book about Jim Croche and was so impressed she wanted her birthday wish to have dinner at Croce's Park West and hopefully get Ingrid's autograph in her book. Ingrid came in around 8 PM, rushed right to our table and was so accomidating and wonderful to my wife that I couldn't believe it. She signed her book, sent a choclate sofflet (sp-to die for), with a little cup of ice cream to our table for her birthday. She was magnificient and even remembered our names as we left. I was a really, really great experience.Special Features:
- A Fantastic Lunch Spot!TheMooseDined on 9/11/2014I had an excellent lunch of fish tacos and lavender creme Brule. The food was incredible and the service was very friendly. I had a great time. I would recommend it and I hope to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchPW71Dined on 9/7/2014After months of wanting to try the new Croce's, we finally made it, as a family, for my birthday brunch early Sunday afternoon. Everything exceeded our expectations and we were all very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new location.ChetDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at their new location and I was pleasently surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice, classic, urban with outstanding food, wine, service. The live music was a pure pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HleeDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. I will return with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MUSICAL GROUPLUV2EATPRIMERIBDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7:00P reservation for the x-patriot room. Was seated at great table with date and band was warming up. Service was excellent and food was outstanding along with the wine. Band started playing and they were just 'great'!! My date and I spent an excellent 2 hours at Croces. We come here fairly regularily and like the location much better than when they were downtown in the Gaslamp!!We'll be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanDiegoNativefoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow that kale salad was off the chart delicious- a nice generous portion and perfectly flavored. My husband enjoyed his pork chop (I had 2 bites) which was grilled and tasted like it was right off the barbeque. MY sea bass was cooked to perfection and the flight of French whites wines was lovely. It was my second time back but wont be my last.Special Features:
- I'll be back!FoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to the new location at Park West. Very enjoyable, and we'll be back. I found the service to be top-notch, from the host out front, to the to the bar personnel, to the waiter service. All were engaging and seemed to care. Food was excellent, with an improved menu over the old downtown location. And the music was awesome Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croces' is a hit in new location!DebskiDined on 8/29/2014Having been fans of downtown Croce's, we finally got to try the new location in Bankers Hill. What a wonderful evening, from start to finish. The new location is a great space, nicely laid out so that you can enjoy whatever dining experience you are in the mood for. We wanted to be able to enjoy the live music - Sue Palmer and her group were playing! We were placed in requested seating in the back dining room, an elevated banquette table looking into the music room. The glass partition wall allows you to view & enjoy the music, but also have the ability to enjoy dinner conversation. Food was great, service was truly exceptional & Ingrid was visible throughout the evening ensuring a wonderful evening for all. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!EtoileVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful place in Banker's Hill : from the greeting by Maitre -D to the good-bye and thank you for coming from Ingrid Croce - a perfect experience! World class jazz musicians- Gilbert Castellanos on our evening - , good food and wine, beautifully served, very friendly and laid back - several comfortable eating areas. Also, they sponsor evenings with 'young Lions' - up-and-coming, very talented musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, great foodJerseyGirlDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere was great. We went on a Wednesday night and the band was scheduled to play from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. We arrived around 8:15 and the band was on break. They didn't start playing again until after 9:00. It was disappointing that the band didn't play longerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, indifferent servicesphillyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We booked a table in the music room and the ambiance was great--comfy chairs, perfect lighting, beautiful decor. However, our waitress had to be asked for bread three times and it finally arrived--with the food, which was very good and reasonable, especially with the option to get a half portion. At one point another waiter asked if we needed help as our waitress was very busy. We said no because we had just ordered (we did ask for the bread, again, though). Later, she was nowhere to be seen after a busser dropped off our food and I wanted a glass of wine. I made my grievance known to the manager when he checked to see how things were going. The wine appeared immediately--the manager brought it. Later the waitress did check on us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014The main course was very good - scallops. The caesar salad was very average, not very much taste. This may not seem like a big deal but I am always looking for a killer caesar salad and very few restaurants make them great. This salad tasted like plain lettuce with a little bit of dressing. Not tangy, nothing special. If you want to see what a good caesar salad taste like, go to Blind Lady Ale House. Their's is about the best in town. Again, the salad shouldn't be so important, but I expect gourmet from Croce's when I'm getting scallops for $28 so the salad should be equally gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJdinsdVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love everything about Croce's. Ingrid and her staff always make us feel at home. The best in food, service and entertainment!Special Features:
- atmos, atmos, atmosstuartDined on 8/22/2014...plus the menu keeps on improving, too. This was our fourth visit and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent ambiance, entertainment and food! Great for a nite out on town!Special Features:
- All around fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014The food, the ambiance, the service, and live music were delightful. Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a classy, fun night out. I had the steak which was incredible. I prefer medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. My friends had the sea bass and curried salmon. I tasted both and they were amazing, each dish prepared in a unique and flavorful sauce. Our waiter was professional, very knowledgeable of the menu, and friendly. We were there early but were able to listen to the live music for a short time before we finished. The music was jazzy but not too loud, a wonderful background to our conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The service was routine and not overly friendly. Food was ok , like half portion options. Music on Thursday evening [21st] was not all that great.
- First visit to the new locationnittanycolonialVIPDined on 8/18/2014When I go to San Diego, I always stay at the Loews Coronado, I rent a boat to cruise the bay and I always eat at Croces :-). This was my first visit to the new location. While I wish they were still in the Gaslamp, their new location is nice. I think they have done a good job of making the most of their new, bigger location with an expanded menu and a better layout. We enjoyed eating on the patio and the service was top notch. You must, must try the pork chop. It was *amazing*, incredibly juicy and tender. The best pork cut I've EVER had.Special Features:
- J phelpsFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Croce's has carried their level of attention to quality of food, service and ambiance to this new location. Our guests were very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location is great!DeeSueDined on 8/18/2014It was only noisy because we sat outside, but everything else was excellent!Special Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT EVENINGDowntownGirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Croce's does not disappoint. We dine there on a regular basis because the ambience created by the owners and the food is always excellent. If you have not been, put this place on your "to do" list.Special Features:
- Enjoyable AgainbigmattVIPDined on 8/16/2014My lady & I had a very nice evening. She had the salmon special, I had the thick pork chop. Both were excellent. Very large sized salads, even my half size kale salad was plenty. Enjoyed Valley of the Moon cabernet. We'll be back. Convenient dining spot after a movie at Hillcrest Cinema.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DrinksGreen1Dined on 8/16/2014I think $10 drinks at brunch are outrageous .. I wouldn't buy one at this price but if they were $7, probably would have had two. Otherwise our group thought brunch was great .. And undiscovered at least on SaturdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience!DiningdelightDined on 8/15/2014Staff was wonderful. Food was amazing. A must go-to if you are in San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceKatmac563Dined on 8/13/2014We had a great meal and fantastic service for dinner. Our waitperson was knowledgeable and friendly. Ingrid came by to say Hello which is always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croce's Is Not To Be MissedBankaCrocesReviewDined on 8/9/2014As a kid growing up listening to Jim Croce's music and then discovering his son A.J. as an adult, I was not going to pass up the chance to eat at a restaurant I had heard about for years during a recent trip to San Diego. After a day of Segway tours and doing all the siteseeing we could, we were somewhat hesitant to keep our reservation for 8 pm but we are glad we did. We were greeted at the door by Ingrid Croce (surprise #1) and then she came to our table when she heard we were fans of A.J.'s and talked to us for a few minutes (surprise #2). The biggest surprise though was how great the food was which was matched by superb service and a nice band playing in the back room. Hungry while in San Diego, visit Croces's Park West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the Duck and Try the FishNadoBobDined on 8/9/2014Following the lead of a noted restaurant reviewer in town I ordered the Duck. It was tough and not very flavor able. On the other hand my wife ordered a fish salad that was extraordinarily good. The martinis are true doubles; all you need is one. The Latin jazz group playing was very interesting and gave us all something to talk about. I liked the ambiance of this restaurant and would give it another try.Special Features:
- Never fails to please!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Always enjoyed when located in Gaslamp and now has a more upscale vibe without the attitude. Food exceptional and service on a level with the best anywhere. Can't go wrong with this one.Special Features:
- nice restaurantTable4U2Dined on 8/6/2014We had dinner with the live jazz quartet on a Wed. night. The music was nice & not bad for high school kids, they do have some potential. Dinner special salmon dish didn't seem to be a practical presentation, very difficult to eat out of a bowl- suggest a place with a slight edge for the juices. Salmon was tasty thou. The chicken dish that was served with quonoa had way too much garlic in it and it overpowered the dish. I will not order that again. The chicken itself was borderline as I like it to fall off the bone a bit since I use a knife & fork and it did not. I would recommend cooking your chicken a bit more. Our service was good to start & then they forgot about us and it took a long time for us to get dessert and the check.Special Features:
- Return customer2texansDined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit to croce's new location after being quite a fan of the gaslamp location. The food was great but maybe a different ambience affected my whole experience. Just not as mind blowing and a definate "do over". Weirdest of all was the creme brûlée. We love that dessert and they put a hint if lavender ? Really? Never met a creme brûlée I didn't like. Other than that a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKerryDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went to Croce's for our 43rd Wedding Anniversary Dinner. When we made reservations, I told them it was our anniversary. When we arrived they acknowledged that and it seemed we got the best table we could have asked for. The service was excellent in every way. I ordered goat cheese salad and a full order Duck Confit. My husband ordered the salad Sea bass entree. My dinner was delicious and I tasted the sea bass which was done to perfection and so tasty. I got the creme brulee desert; it was really good. We ordered a bottle of wine. Among the more expensive wine were several lower priced California wines priced for our budget. We ordered a Reisling. We were happy with it and would order it again. The jazz was very good.Special Features:
- Old Globe SubscribergourmandDined on 7/29/2014We have come to Croce's new location several times prior to Old Globe performances. It's nice to be able to walk over. The food is always excellent and it is great to have the option to order half portions of several salads and many entrees. Wait staff is attentive and well informed.Special Features:
- Always a winnerpbahabDined on 7/28/2014I have dined here at least 4 times and the food and service are always very good. Ingrid stops by your table when she's there and greets you like an old friend. It's so nice to have this place out of downtown and in a part of town that is easier for traffic and parking.
- Yum!friendsDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner. Got 6pm reservations (before the crowd). Lovely service. Got a bit noisy when the band started up, but good idea to put them in a different room. Food very good, tasteful combinations. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: