Croce's Park West
2760 5th Avenue #100
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croce's Park West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crocesparkwest.com/
- Phone: 6192334355x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Mon-Fri 4pm - 6pm & 9pm - Close
Sunday 3pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Russell Rummer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Facilities: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Contact: Evelyn Caballero 619-232-2891x
- Entertainment: Croce's Park West offers live music every night of the week. We have Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4pm - 6pm and 9pm until Close. Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour is from 3pm until Close. Please visit our website for all schedules.
A word from Croce's Park West
Welcome to Croce’s Park West, our neighborhood Restaurant and Bar in Banker’s Hill. Our American menu highlights small plates, specialty craft beers, cocktails and award-winning Wine List. We offer very distinct areas; large patio, lounge, cozy booths, upholstered chairs and our “Expatriate Room” for live music, special events and corporate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croce's Park West reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (82)special occasion (77)romantic (75)hot spot (52)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (37)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (35)late-night find (27)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (16)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome find!CourtDined on 10/18/2014I am a foodie and only want to experience unique, local places when I travel. People were friendly. Menu was innovative and delivered in taste. And the scene was funky and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world experienceSDVisitor2014VIPDined on 10/17/2014The whole evening at Croce's was amazing! What a great place. From the hostess greeting us like celebrities and taking us to a fabulous talbe to the bartenders creating terrific drinks to the staff creating and serving a fabulous meal to the amazing music from the jazz ensemble... I simply can't say enough good things. I definitely recommended this as a special experience for everyone to enjoy. Again, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs to be improvedjackieDined on 10/17/2014The remodel of the space was done very well. It is a beautiful space, very private, well suited for romantic dinners, etc. The back room looks like a very lovely party space. The service was very good. Everyone was very attentive. The food was marginal. it was not up the standards of Bankers Hill, the new places in Mission Hills or most of the upscale places downtown. The menu needs an overhaul and the quality needs to be up'd.Special Features:
- Great food, fabulous entertainmentBarryNVIPDined on 10/16/2014i was in San Diego on business and went to Croce's with two colleagues. I had the braised short ribs and my colleagues had duck. The food was prepared exactly as ordered and we all raced about the food. We were able to clearly hear the combo that was playing New Orleans Jazz and American standards. If you're in San Diego, don't miss this place.Special Features:
- Delicious and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We went to Croce's specifically to see a band perform which contains a friend of ours. We were very pleasantly surprised with how fantastic the food and service were while we were there. The menu is pretty fancy, and everything we had was completely delicious. We got to meet Ingrid Croce and spoke to her for a little while, and her gracious and welcoming presence really makes this a special place. It was terrific!Special Features:
- Great food and wineIlovefoodDined on 10/14/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. The service was impeccable, the food was fantastic. We ordered three appetizers and shared them. The Brussels Sprouts are divine. We ordered two small plate dinners and also shared those. Everything was great. The sommelier was wonderful and helped us select a wonderful bottle of wine. All in our party would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- always greatbeatnickVIPDined on 10/12/2014We go to Croce's every time we're in town. Food is always excellent and service is just how we like it, attentive, professional and friendly. I like the new location away from the Gaslamp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014The service was slow. We ordered an appetizer and it can with our meal rather than with the drinks. Also the wine list is quite limited. The only white is Chardonnay and that is not many people's preference. The food was outstanding and the idea of half portions is great. The music was very nice and not at all loud at our table enabling dinner conversation without having to shout.Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhood!PickyEaterDined on 10/9/2014Absolutely fantastic experience! Great food, great service and great ambience! It is a very welcome addition to the Park West/Hillcrest/Bankers Hill neighborhood! Upscale without being stuffy or pretentious! I will be back several times over!Special Features:
- Has it all!JazzyKayeightDined on 10/9/2014Great food, ambience and jazz. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- A GemjoytodineDined on 10/6/2014Croce's offers it all for those who enjoy an eclectic dining experience in an uptown neighborhood atmosphere. Much easier access than Gaslamp. Food presentation and taste top rate. Service excellent. Foodies will enjoy taking pictures and sharing the experience with others. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrocesMagpieDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious and we had great service. However the music was not great. We would have preferred to have softer music so we could have enjoyed dinner conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food and ambianceBuergermeisterDined on 10/5/2014Croce's is the most reliable and exquisite dining experience around. The service is outstanding, the food scrumptious (my favorite is the scallops which are seared to a perfectly sweet crust with the most juicy interior), and the ambiance relaxed and romantic. Michael, the sommelier, always has a great suggestion for pairings, and the small plates are a god sent for me. We recently went during a life performance by Todo Mundo, which provided a high quality background for our dining experience. Ingrid Croce supports local up and coming youth jazz, and the best performances have been by Gilbert Castellanos playing with high school and college students' combos. An experience not be missed.Special Features:
- Brunch is a Must!SDRWFindVIPDined on 10/5/2014The Croce's Brunch menu is extensive and delicious. Friendly service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemdiamondintheruffDined on 10/4/2014My date and I wanted to check out Croce's. Loved his music growing up, and thought how cool to visit his wife's place. The service was better than most places. Friendly server's went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Food was a 7 out of 10 and keep in mind we are very picky. Good wine selection. The only negative here was a disappointment in the music selection. it's a very subjective point, so we could have been on a off night (Friday). It was jazz, which I do like. Just was expecting something different. We would go back good though.Special Features:
- VictorVIPDined on 10/4/2014Cocktails glasses TOO SMALL. Restaurant nearly empty and they tried to seat us at a small table next to another couple.Special Features:
- Great Music, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014It was a great atmosphere to sit in the back music room, it felt like a private concert. The overall experience was amazing and the service was very good. I would say the food was good but not great and a little on the pricey side. The one specialty cocktail that I had I was not impressed with but my wife really liked it so I think it is a matter of taste. Overall the beer and wine prices were as expected for a nice restaurant. It was a great experience for a fun date night and I would recommend it highly if you like like jazz music.Special Features:
- Pre-theater mealpstevedDined on 10/1/2014After an initial problem with seating, we had a nice booth. My wife had duck confit, and I had meatballs. Both very nice. Desserts were good. The menu is reasonably short but the food was good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/30/2014Previously big fan's of Croce's when downtown. This was our first opportunity to come on up. Food was absolutely outstanding and our server was great. Did the wine flight with Michael, excellent and very fun. We loved it as usual and can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food GemSMbirdguyDined on 9/28/2014First time since the move from the Gas Lamp. Some food the same, some different. Selections were excellent, wine list incredible and entertainment well balanced! Scallops perfectly seared, potato lasagna historically excellent, kale salad superior, Stag's Leap Cab:Mmmmmmm, Short Ribs beyond expectation, Cobbler-Wowser! Portions were nice and prices well matched. Quite frankly the Stag's Leap could have been marked up a little more and still been in line with fine dining. Wish I had not waited so long to visit after the move. Looking forward to an evening with Sue Palmer's Band!!!Special Features:
- FabulousPucciDined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful as was the ambience. The staff was very attentive and it was particularly nice to have the owner drop by to check on our dining experience. The new location was very nicely decorated.Special Features:
- ServiceDineM2014Dined on 9/27/2014The band was too loud for such a small space. We could not really enjoy the music. Also, when we asked to be moved to the other section of the restaurant we were forgotten. If we didn't ask again we would not have been sitted and served. Service was a little slow as well. The food was excellent. If I recommend the restaurant I would warn about the noise level.Special Features:
- Bad SeatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Sat us in front of the band. Blamed it on on-line reservation. Reservation even said it would be an additional $5 cover if we wanted to sit in the band room, which we didn't. No other seats available and it was too loud for us. They even tried to charge us the cover, but they took it off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerlovegreatfoodDined on 9/27/2014We wanted to try this restaurant through Restaurant Week, menu was listed on their website. Not only were we told it was over on Saturday when we were seated, we had to ask for our dinners 30 after ordering to receive barely warm food. Then after saying we had a play to attend when ordering, again had to flag a staff member to get the check from our waiter well after finishing. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great find!LoveGoodFoodDined on 9/26/2014I went here for restaurant week. I'd never been to the location in the gas lamp so I cannot compare it to that. I was pleasantly surprised. The music was great. The choices for restaurant week was good, except for the options for entre. They were out of my first choose so had to go with the second. My entre was actually not done and I had to send it back. The unexpected thing was that they brought it back, done. I was expecting that they would trash my plate. It came back and tasted good. Was a little disappointed that I didn't get a small discount for having to have my meal recooked but, I went with it. Overall, it was a great meal and expirence. Would definitely go back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!JdinsdVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had the most amazing anniversary dinner! Everything was incredible as ever. Ingrid and her staff went out of their way to ensure we had a great experience. Still one of our favorite restaurants in San Diego!Special Features:
- Never DisappointedDowntownGirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014you can count on a warm greeting from Ingrid Croce. Menu and food always being upgraded so you have excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeWukiesDined on 9/25/2014Great new place for Croce's in San Diego. not a cool a place as down in the gaslamp district, but they have made it work. Great bar area. Nice to have a place that has live music pretty much every night. Really good to see the owner (Ingrid Croce) there most nights. Had the chance to meet her, talk a bit and take a picture. Food was excellent. Tables may be a bit too close together, but it adds to the casual, musical feeling of the restaurant. Will definitely go back when in that area.Special Features:
- Who knewJDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014The last time we ate at downtown Croce's it was great but because we avoid downtown due to costly parking, vagrants, etc. we have not been. Because of the new location, & SDRW we gave it a try. Greeted at the door by Ingrid we immediately ordered a craft cocktail which was sublime though a tad costly. The Squash Blossom Risotto & Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi appetizers were nice portions & very flavorful. The Crispy Skin Duck Confit was very good though not a fan of the fingerling potatoes underneath. My husband had Pan Seared Sea Bass which was also tasty. His Fondant au Chocalate exceeded expectations & a large portion. My Vanilla Lavender Honey Creme Brulee was delicious but lacking in the lavender & honey flavor. Still a GREAT meal.Special Features:
- Croces park westOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had a quick dinner there before a show at the old globe and honestly wish we could have stayed there. The music was great, the ambience superb and the food delish!!! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- firstdateDined on 9/25/2014Have had very good experiences here before; this time the food wasn't as good as before; and service wasn't best - rec'd items not requestedSpecial Features:
- date nightEveningoutDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I were both disappointment with the food. For appetizer, my wife had a tuna dish that was very good but very small and not very filling. I had the ribs that were a little over cooked, yet still very tasty. For the main course we both had the white bass which was over cooked and dry. Like it had been sitting around for a while. Did not even look like white bass. For dessert my wife had the crème Brule which was very good and I had the New York cheese cake which I did not like. It had no crust and the texture was a little lumpy. I'm used to a more creamy type of cheese cake with a good crust. The service was good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. I'm just not sure I would go back because of the food.Special Features:
- What a treat!sumiimusDined on 9/24/2014I jumped at the opportunity to visit Croce's Park West during Restaurant Week. I tried out the Park West Spicy Pear cocktail at the bar while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. It was so yummy! We were seated and our Server explained why there were so many options for Restaurant Week. Igrid Croce, the owner, wanted to give more options than the standard three choices. A flight of red wine was recommended to accompany my meal which was also delicious. It was so nice to see Ingrid Croce checking on guests. I told her it was our first time visiting since she moved from the Gaslamp and so she took us on a tour showing us where live music is enjoyed nightly. So hospital from the staff to the owner and an over all nice food experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodJoJoGirlDined on 9/23/2014Came here during Restaurant Week. We will absolutely come back! The food was amazing. There were four of us and we all had something different and everyone raved about their food. The only issue we had was the service. It took so long to get our drinks after we were seated. We told our server we were on a short time frame because we had tickets to a play so we ordered as soon as our drinks came but I can't tell you how many times he passed our table without checking on us. We had to track him down to pay our bill.Special Features:
- Nice memoryStaceyDined on 9/22/2014We celebrated our 29th anniversary with great memories. Easy to get to and valet parking was a plus. Our table was on the patio; when the windows were pulled all the way open, the entertainment was right in front of us (which was very soothing). The food was spectacular; my husband had the steak (best he has ever had) and I had the potato lasagna, (very light and tasty). Dessert was the Mascarpone ice cream, AWESOME! The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. We met Ingrid and her husband Jimmy; they were both very gracious and it felt like we had known them forever because they are so approachable. I can’t wait to plan the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 35th AnniversaryJNixVIPDined on 9/20/2014Didn't realize it was her husband anniversary of his passing. Yikes never would have booked that day... That was uncomfortable. But we had a great meal and music was awesome from Agua Dulce. GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE...Special Features:
- Great music venuerox59Dined on 9/14/2014We booked a table in the lounge specifically to listen to the Sunday Night Latin Jazz. The room is comfortable and provides a great listening experience. Although we didn't eat, the food being served to those around us looked very tempting and smelled delicious. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass and craft beer offerings, which was perfect for us.Special Features:
- Great service, food okDinendashDined on 9/13/2014The charcuterie was a bit small for the price, and they only had salami, not prosciutto, as was listed on the menu. The pork chops were excellent, the pan seared sea bass was very small for the price, and the corn broth was not a good fit for the sea bass. The cobbler dessert took 20 minutes to deliver (we were not told this), which meant we had to eat it quickly to get to our play on time. Friendly and attentive wait staff, and a lively atmosphere with Jim Croce memorabilia.Special Features:
- Our brunchSandyDined on 9/13/2014We went to Croces new restaurant (moved from downtown) to celebrate my birthday. There were 3 of us and we were seated in a very comfortable booth. Our waitress, Amanda, was friendly and efficient. My friend asked about a recommendation for a wine. Amanda sought advice from the bartender and a wine was served. I had "bottomless" Mimosas. Our food arrived hot and the presentation was lovely. I had the buttermilk soufflé pancakes which were absolutely delicious. My friends had eggs benedict and an omelet. We ordered coffee, which was rich and very good. My friend asked about a birthday treat. Unfortunately, no treats at Croces. We had chocolate lava cake with a scoop of ice cream. It was excellent. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Croce's new location has quickly become one of our favorite restaurants, and hits on all cylinders for us: the menu is innovative, the food preparation is great, the service is top notch, an important trait that too many get wrong, the bartenders are friendly and engaged, the atmosphere is intimate, and of course the live music is awesome! But because the number of tables are limited I shouldn't be telling you this!Special Features: