Croce's Park West
2760 5th Avenue #100
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croce's Park West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crocesparkwest.com/
- Phone: 6192334355x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Mon-Fri 4pm - 6pm & 9pm - Close
Sunday 3pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Facilities: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero or Tania Nelson at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Contact: Tania Nelson 6192321193x
- Entertainment: Croce's Park West offers live music Wednesday through Sunday. We also have Movie Mondays and Talking Tuesdays. We have Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4pm - 6pm and 9pm until Close. Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour is from 3pm until Close. Please visit our website for all schedules.
A word from Croce's Park West
Welcome to Croce’s Park West, our neighborhood Restaurant and Bar in Banker’s Hill. Our American menu highlights small plates, specialty craft beers, cocktails and award-winning Wine List. We offer very distinct areas; large patio, lounge, cozy booths, upholstered chairs and our “Expatriate Room” for live music, special events and corporate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croce's Park West reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (76)romantic (67)hot spot (47)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (35)late-night find (29)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (20)scenic view (2)Show More
- Food GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014First time since the move from the Gas Lamp. Some food the same, some different. Selections were excellent, wine list incredible and entertainment well balanced! Scallops perfectly seared, potato lasagna historically excellent, kale salad superior, Stag's Leap Cab:Mmmmmmm, Short Ribs beyond expectation, Cobbler-Wowser! Portions were nice and prices well matched. Quite frankly the Stag's Leap could have been marked up a little more and still been in line with fine dining. Wish I had not waited so long to visit after the move. Looking forward to an evening with Sue Palmer's Band!!!Special Features:
- ServiceDineM2014Dined on 9/27/2014The band was too loud for such a small space. We could not really enjoy the music. Also, when we asked to be moved to the other section of the restaurant we were forgotten. If we didn't ask again we would not have been sitted and served. Service was a little slow as well. The food was excellent. If I recommend the restaurant I would warn about the noise level.Special Features:
- Bad SeatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Sat us in front of the band. Blamed it on on-line reservation. Reservation even said it would be an additional $5 cover if we wanted to sit in the band room, which we didn't. No other seats available and it was too loud for us. They even tried to charge us the cover, but they took it off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerlovegreatfoodDined on 9/27/2014We wanted to try this restaurant through Restaurant Week, menu was listed on their website. Not only were we told it was over on Saturday when we were seated, we had to ask for our dinners 30 after ordering to receive barely warm food. Then after saying we had a play to attend when ordering, again had to flag a staff member to get the check from our waiter well after finishing. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!JdinsdVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had the most amazing anniversary dinner! Everything was incredible as ever. Ingrid and her staff went out of their way to ensure we had a great experience. Still one of our favorite restaurants in San Diego!Special Features:
- Never DisappointedDowntownGirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014you can count on a warm greeting from Ingrid Croce. Menu and food always being upgraded so you have excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knewJDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014The last time we ate at downtown Croce's it was great but because we avoid downtown due to costly parking, vagrants, etc. we have not been. Because of the new location, & SDRW we gave it a try. Greeted at the door by Ingrid we immediately ordered a craft cocktail which was sublime though a tad costly. The Squash Blossom Risotto & Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi appetizers were nice portions & very flavorful. The Crispy Skin Duck Confit was very good though not a fan of the fingerling potatoes underneath. My husband had Pan Seared Sea Bass which was also tasty. His Fondant au Chocalate exceeded expectations & a large portion. My Vanilla Lavender Honey Creme Brulee was delicious but lacking in the lavender & honey flavor. Still a GREAT meal.Special Features:
- firstdateDined on 9/25/2014Have had very good experiences here before; this time the food wasn't as good as before; and service wasn't best - rec'd items not requestedSpecial Features:
- date nightEveningoutDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I were both disappointment with the food. For appetizer, my wife had a tuna dish that was very good but very small and not very filling. I had the ribs that were a little over cooked, yet still very tasty. For the main course we both had the white bass which was over cooked and dry. Like it had been sitting around for a while. Did not even look like white bass. For dessert my wife had the crème Brule which was very good and I had the New York cheese cake which I did not like. It had no crust and the texture was a little lumpy. I'm used to a more creamy type of cheese cake with a good crust. The service was good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. I'm just not sure I would go back because of the food.Special Features:
- What a treat!sumiimusDined on 9/24/2014I jumped at the opportunity to visit Croce's Park West during Restaurant Week. I tried out the Park West Spicy Pear cocktail at the bar while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. It was so yummy! We were seated and our Server explained why there were so many options for Restaurant Week. Igrid Croce, the owner, wanted to give more options than the standard three choices. A flight of red wine was recommended to accompany my meal which was also delicious. It was so nice to see Ingrid Croce checking on guests. I told her it was our first time visiting since she moved from the Gaslamp and so she took us on a tour showing us where live music is enjoyed nightly. So hospital from the staff to the owner and an over all nice food experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodJoJoGirlDined on 9/23/2014Came here during Restaurant Week. We will absolutely come back! The food was amazing. There were four of us and we all had something different and everyone raved about their food. The only issue we had was the service. It took so long to get our drinks after we were seated. We told our server we were on a short time frame because we had tickets to a play so we ordered as soon as our drinks came but I can't tell you how many times he passed our table without checking on us. We had to track him down to pay our bill.Special Features:
- Nice memoryStaceyDined on 9/22/2014We celebrated our 29th anniversary with great memories. Easy to get to and valet parking was a plus. Our table was on the patio; when the windows were pulled all the way open, the entertainment was right in front of us (which was very soothing). The food was spectacular; my husband had the steak (best he has ever had) and I had the potato lasagna, (very light and tasty). Dessert was the Mascarpone ice cream, AWESOME! The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. We met Ingrid and her husband Jimmy; they were both very gracious and it felt like we had known them forever because they are so approachable. I can’t wait to plan the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 35th AnniversaryJNixVIPDined on 9/20/2014Didn't realize it was her husband anniversary of his passing. Yikes never would have booked that day... That was uncomfortable. But we had a great meal and music was awesome from Agua Dulce. GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE...Special Features:
- Great music venuerox59Dined on 9/14/2014We booked a table in the lounge specifically to listen to the Sunday Night Latin Jazz. The room is comfortable and provides a great listening experience. Although we didn't eat, the food being served to those around us looked very tempting and smelled delicious. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass and craft beer offerings, which was perfect for us.Special Features:
- Great service, food okDinendashDined on 9/13/2014The charcuterie was a bit small for the price, and they only had salami, not prosciutto, as was listed on the menu. The pork chops were excellent, the pan seared sea bass was very small for the price, and the corn broth was not a good fit for the sea bass. The cobbler dessert took 20 minutes to deliver (we were not told this), which meant we had to eat it quickly to get to our play on time. Friendly and attentive wait staff, and a lively atmosphere with Jim Croce memorabilia.Special Features:
- Our brunchSandyDined on 9/13/2014We went to Croces new restaurant (moved from downtown) to celebrate my birthday. There were 3 of us and we were seated in a very comfortable booth. Our waitress, Amanda, was friendly and efficient. My friend asked about a recommendation for a wine. Amanda sought advice from the bartender and a wine was served. I had "bottomless" Mimosas. Our food arrived hot and the presentation was lovely. I had the buttermilk soufflé pancakes which were absolutely delicious. My friends had eggs benedict and an omelet. We ordered coffee, which was rich and very good. My friend asked about a birthday treat. Unfortunately, no treats at Croces. We had chocolate lava cake with a scoop of ice cream. It was excellent. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Croce's new location has quickly become one of our favorite restaurants, and hits on all cylinders for us: the menu is innovative, the food preparation is great, the service is top notch, an important trait that too many get wrong, the bartenders are friendly and engaged, the atmosphere is intimate, and of course the live music is awesome! But because the number of tables are limited I shouldn't be telling you this!Special Features:
- Superb in every wayEasyDined on 9/12/2014Food, service, ambiance, friendly and Ingred Croce is there to make you day. We went there for my wifes birthday. She had read Ingrid's book about Jim Croche and was so impressed she wanted her birthday wish to have dinner at Croce's Park West and hopefully get Ingrid's autograph in her book. Ingrid came in around 8 PM, rushed right to our table and was so accomidating and wonderful to my wife that I couldn't believe it. She signed her book, sent a choclate sofflet (sp-to die for), with a little cup of ice cream to our table for her birthday. She was magnificient and even remembered our names as we left. I was a really, really great experience.Special Features:
- A Fantastic Lunch Spot!TheMooseDined on 9/11/2014I had an excellent lunch of fish tacos and lavender creme Brule. The food was incredible and the service was very friendly. I had a great time. I would recommend it and I hope to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchPW71Dined on 9/7/2014After months of wanting to try the new Croce's, we finally made it, as a family, for my birthday brunch early Sunday afternoon. Everything exceeded our expectations and we were all very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new location.ChetDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at their new location and I was pleasently surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice, classic, urban with outstanding food, wine, service. The live music was a pure pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HleeDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. I will return with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MUSICAL GROUPLUV2EATPRIMERIBDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7:00P reservation for the x-patriot room. Was seated at great table with date and band was warming up. Service was excellent and food was outstanding along with the wine. Band started playing and they were just 'great'!! My date and I spent an excellent 2 hours at Croces. We come here fairly regularily and like the location much better than when they were downtown in the Gaslamp!!We'll be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanDiegoNativefoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow that kale salad was off the chart delicious- a nice generous portion and perfectly flavored. My husband enjoyed his pork chop (I had 2 bites) which was grilled and tasted like it was right off the barbeque. MY sea bass was cooked to perfection and the flight of French whites wines was lovely. It was my second time back but wont be my last.Special Features:
- I'll be back!FoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to the new location at Park West. Very enjoyable, and we'll be back. I found the service to be top-notch, from the host out front, to the to the bar personnel, to the waiter service. All were engaging and seemed to care. Food was excellent, with an improved menu over the old downtown location. And the music was awesome Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croces' is a hit in new location!DebskiDined on 8/29/2014Having been fans of downtown Croce's, we finally got to try the new location in Bankers Hill. What a wonderful evening, from start to finish. The new location is a great space, nicely laid out so that you can enjoy whatever dining experience you are in the mood for. We wanted to be able to enjoy the live music - Sue Palmer and her group were playing! We were placed in requested seating in the back dining room, an elevated banquette table looking into the music room. The glass partition wall allows you to view & enjoy the music, but also have the ability to enjoy dinner conversation. Food was great, service was truly exceptional & Ingrid was visible throughout the evening ensuring a wonderful evening for all. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!EtoileVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful place in Banker's Hill : from the greeting by Maitre -D to the good-bye and thank you for coming from Ingrid Croce - a perfect experience! World class jazz musicians- Gilbert Castellanos on our evening - , good food and wine, beautifully served, very friendly and laid back - several comfortable eating areas. Also, they sponsor evenings with 'young Lions' - up-and-coming, very talented musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, great foodJerseyGirlDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere was great. We went on a Wednesday night and the band was scheduled to play from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. We arrived around 8:15 and the band was on break. They didn't start playing again until after 9:00. It was disappointing that the band didn't play longerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, indifferent servicesphillyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We booked a table in the music room and the ambiance was great--comfy chairs, perfect lighting, beautiful decor. However, our waitress had to be asked for bread three times and it finally arrived--with the food, which was very good and reasonable, especially with the option to get a half portion. At one point another waiter asked if we needed help as our waitress was very busy. We said no because we had just ordered (we did ask for the bread, again, though). Later, she was nowhere to be seen after a busser dropped off our food and I wanted a glass of wine. I made my grievance known to the manager when he checked to see how things were going. The wine appeared immediately--the manager brought it. Later the waitress did check on us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014The main course was very good - scallops. The caesar salad was very average, not very much taste. This may not seem like a big deal but I am always looking for a killer caesar salad and very few restaurants make them great. This salad tasted like plain lettuce with a little bit of dressing. Not tangy, nothing special. If you want to see what a good caesar salad taste like, go to Blind Lady Ale House. Their's is about the best in town. Again, the salad shouldn't be so important, but I expect gourmet from Croce's when I'm getting scallops for $28 so the salad should be equally gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJdinsdVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love everything about Croce's. Ingrid and her staff always make us feel at home. The best in food, service and entertainment!Special Features:
- atmos, atmos, atmosstuartDined on 8/22/2014...plus the menu keeps on improving, too. This was our fourth visit and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent ambiance, entertainment and food! Great for a nite out on town!Special Features:
- All around fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014The food, the ambiance, the service, and live music were delightful. Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a classy, fun night out. I had the steak which was incredible. I prefer medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. My friends had the sea bass and curried salmon. I tasted both and they were amazing, each dish prepared in a unique and flavorful sauce. Our waiter was professional, very knowledgeable of the menu, and friendly. We were there early but were able to listen to the live music for a short time before we finished. The music was jazzy but not too loud, a wonderful background to our conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The service was routine and not overly friendly. Food was ok , like half portion options. Music on Thursday evening [21st] was not all that great.
- First visit to the new locationnittanycolonialVIPDined on 8/18/2014When I go to San Diego, I always stay at the Loews Coronado, I rent a boat to cruise the bay and I always eat at Croces :-). This was my first visit to the new location. While I wish they were still in the Gaslamp, their new location is nice. I think they have done a good job of making the most of their new, bigger location with an expanded menu and a better layout. We enjoyed eating on the patio and the service was top notch. You must, must try the pork chop. It was *amazing*, incredibly juicy and tender. The best pork cut I've EVER had.Special Features:
- J phelpsFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Croce's has carried their level of attention to quality of food, service and ambiance to this new location. Our guests were very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location is great!DeeSueDined on 8/18/2014It was only noisy because we sat outside, but everything else was excellent!Special Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT EVENINGDowntownGirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Croce's does not disappoint. We dine there on a regular basis because the ambience created by the owners and the food is always excellent. If you have not been, put this place on your "to do" list.Special Features: