Croce's Park West
2760 5th Avenue #100
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Croce's Park West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.crocesparkwest.com/
- Phone: (619) 233-4355
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Mon-Fri 4pm - 6pm & 9pm - Close
Sunday 3pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Russell Rummer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Facilities: Croce's Park West accommodate private parties from 12 - 200 people. Please contact Evelyn Caballero at 619-232-2891.
- Private Party Contact: Evelyn Caballero 619-232-2891x
- Entertainment: Croce's Park West offers live music every night of the week. We have Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4pm - 6pm and 9pm until Close. Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour is from 3pm until Close. Please visit our website for all schedules.
A word from Croce's Park West
Welcome to Croce’s Park West, our neighborhood Restaurant and Bar in Banker’s Hill. Our American menu highlights small plates, specialty craft beers, cocktails and award-winning Wine List. We offer very distinct areas; large patio, lounge, cozy booths, upholstered chairs and our “Expatriate Room” for live music, special events and corporate parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Croce's Park West reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)fit for foodies (101)special occasion (95)romantic (87)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (47)good for groups (46)great for outdoor dining (37)late-night find (36)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Neighborhood GemJellyBeanDined on 11/23/2014Coming to Croce's Park West is like coming home. Great food, excellent drink and fine fine music. We love coming here for the ever changing menu. Whether you come here for brunch, lunch or dinner get ready to be surprised with excellent food and warm atmosphere. A pleasure to eat and enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dinning experience.FreecamDined on 11/19/2014Superb food and the staff is excellent and attentive. Looking forward to returning with just my wife. Would also like to sample the lunch fare. I recommend Croce's Park West to anyone seeking a unique dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainment too!timatwlbDined on 11/16/2014We received a very friendly welcome considering that it was our first visit and were shown to a table perfect for listening to the music without being intrusive. The service was exceptional and the food was excellent. Had a wonderful evening and have booked to return before we leave San Diego. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such great service, food and entertainment.Michaelle1Dined on 11/16/2014Menu was interesting and unique. Food was great. Short ribs were succulent. Service was outstanding especially hostess at front. The featured entertainment was BESOS DE COCO.... amazingly talented and a joy to be in the presence of. Croce's is a definate venu for us on our next trip to San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAgnieszkaDined on 11/16/2014We went there for brunch, 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Everyone was very happy with their food. It was really really good. The kids had pancakes and french toast. It was even too much food for them so they got to go boxes. We had the original eggs benedict and the duck confit eggs benedict. They were both delicious! The sauce was perfect. We asked to see the dinner menu and we will definitely go back for dinner. There was so much on the menu we wanted to try. We liked the live music during brunch, that was a nice touch. Wish the bottomless mimosa was less, my boyfriend felt it was a little over priced compared to our other brunch place. Only get the bottomless mimosa if you're going to have more than 2 glasses. I'm glad I read their reviews on Yelp and had a chance to look at the pictures that others posted. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time at Croce's Park WestMoppyDined on 11/15/2014I've noticed that, now after coming here three times, that the kitchen isn't very consistent. The first visit, my short ribs and mac were very good, only problem was not enough sauce on the rib. Second time, macaroni was pretty dry, but very tasty, and plenty of sauce on the rib, which was delicious. The latest visit, my mom got the chicken. The leg was way undercooked, but the meal was taken off the bill. My short rib had a medium amount of sauce and macaroni was really creamy. There was less flavor in both than before which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014I was recently reunited with Croce's since I hadn't been in a few years and was surprised to find they'd moved from the Gas Lamp. Was impressed with their new location and the amount of space they'd acquired. Great ambiance, deep plush booths and dark wood. The music was first class as usual though not necessarily my style the evening we attended. But true appreciation of music crosses all genre's so it was nice to experience something a little different that evening. The staff and service were incredible. Still and always recommending Croce's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Timersxray54Dined on 11/14/2014I've always wanted to go to Croces' Park West. The jazz scene seemed very very good. I decided to go this time because an old high school friend of mine was playing. We waited a few minutes for our table even though we had reservations. We had to wait 45 min. until I asked for a waiter. If it wasn't for the fact that I came to see my friend play I would have been very irritated. BUT the food was incredible. I hate brussels sprouts but they were prepared in such a way that I couldn't stop eating them, the steak was well prepared and the presentation was good. The ambiance was exactley what I expected, inviting and comfortable. The price was less then what I expected. Aside from the wait I will return. OFTENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceDelMarFoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food, the service and the ambience have all contributed to making Croce's Park West one of our "go-to" favorites in the neighborhood. We have a great relationship built with a sweet server named Sarah and she not only remembers us, but she remembers what we had and like last time and then recommends something new that she believes would be something we'd like. We haven't been disappointed yet! Thanks Sarah! The music is just the right volume and we can be close enough to enjoy it, yet enough away to still have a great conversation. Just a great balance. Frenchie gave us an excellent recommendation for a Chateau Ste Michelle “Col Solare” 2008 which was a great choice giving us a fantastic red blend that worked well for both the Pinot lover and my preference for more of a Sangiovesi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time, great food, great service!!!!malebeatieVIPDined on 11/11/2014The Music the night we were there was wonderful, the musicians came by after the show to say hello to every table, that was a classy touch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly Better than DowntownwhodatRX7Dined on 11/8/2014First time at the new Croce's location, west of Balboa Park. Excellent food. Appetizer and main dishes were great! It was a little smaller than I had envisioned. A major portion was taken up by the entertainment / music area in the rear. Made a last minute reservation and was able to actually get a table early. For the most part, could hear the music well into the main part of the restaurant. Definitely a different vibe as compared to downtown / gaslamp area. Likely better as not impacted by all the craziness. The people that know of the new location and want to enjoy, go anyway. Great selection of artists. I would / will go again, even outside of a saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and was pleased with the service. Food was tasty and I left completely satisfied. Would recommend for any type of special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014This was our first time to Croce's Park West. We went to Croce's Downtown frequently, and the new resturant is wonderful. It is warm, welcoming, and the food is delicious. The entertainment is wonderful and makes for such a nice evening. We enjoyed our experience and will most definately return very soon.Special Features:
- DinnerfirstdateDined on 11/8/2014Amazing dinner for 4 of us - food service and atmosphere wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!!Crocefanmusicandfood28Dined on 11/5/2014A fantastic edition of the original site, Croce's has charm, wonderful ambience, a heartfelt and moving tribute to the namesake by a loving and engaging wife. The food was brilliant, the ambience enveloping and the service second to none. Highly recommend it and will be back every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placedmillerDined on 11/5/2014I have been enjoying Croce's for over 20 years. They have move to new location and I was a bit skeptical but they delivered on service and food as always.Special Features:
- Food terriblelady4lawDined on 11/2/2014We had a reservation, but forced to wait 15 min although restaurant was almost empty. Waited 15-20 min for our drink, 1/2 hour for eggs, Benedict and the eggs were cold. We were a party of 3 but only 2 meals were brought to table other party waited until other meals were almost completed to recieve hers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEEJDined on 11/1/2014Great place. ...... Enjoyed a wonderful dinner.....ambiance so enjoyable....went 2xs in 1 weekSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food, Service & AmbianceCatherineDined on 10/28/2014I frequent Croce's and am continuously impressed with my overall experience at this fine dining establishment. The entire staff is courteous, attentive, professional and knowledgable. The menu/food, regardless of the time of day, is always innovative and delicious. And, the ambiance is warm and inviting. Finally, the live music is incredible!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014I love that there are options to choose half or full portions for dinner. An excellent idea for small appetites! Also really like the circular tables, great for conversation over a meal. Friendly servers and delicious meals, fun atmosphere, nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes for a special anniversaryGourmenotDined on 10/25/2014Service was excellent, food was great, atmosphere was cordial and relaxed. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- ConnieVIPDined on 10/25/2014What a fantastic move for the restaurant to Banker's Hill. We enjoyed everything about it. The food (New York steak, ribs and pork chop) were fantastic. Jessie our server was perfect and Ingrid stopping by to say hello and wish me Happy Birthday was quite the treat. Everything was perfect. We will definitely be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY BOYLUV2EATPRIMERIBDined on 10/24/2014MY DATE TOOK ME THERE FOR MY BIRTHDAY. SAT IN X-PATRIATE ROOM. GREAT FUN, BUT VERY LOUD. JAZZ BAND PLAYED. FOOD WAS GREAT. SERVICE WAS O.K. I'VE BEEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST. NEVER FAILS TO IMPRESS ME. WE'LL BE BACK, YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!!Special Features:
- Nice decorKBPBDined on 10/22/2014Had a great dinner on Tuesday! My first time visiting the new Croces. The decor is beautiful. Lots of people for a Tuesday, I am glad the restaurant is doing well. Loved to have dinner with the background playing live jazz...what a treat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!CourtDined on 10/18/2014I am a foodie and only want to experience unique, local places when I travel. People were friendly. Menu was innovative and delivered in taste. And the scene was funky and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world experienceSDVisitor2014VIPDined on 10/17/2014The whole evening at Croce's was amazing! What a great place. From the hostess greeting us like celebrities and taking us to a fabulous talbe to the bartenders creating terrific drinks to the staff creating and serving a fabulous meal to the amazing music from the jazz ensemble... I simply can't say enough good things. I definitely recommended this as a special experience for everyone to enjoy. Again, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs to be improvedjackieDined on 10/17/2014The remodel of the space was done very well. It is a beautiful space, very private, well suited for romantic dinners, etc. The back room looks like a very lovely party space. The service was very good. Everyone was very attentive. The food was marginal. it was not up the standards of Bankers Hill, the new places in Mission Hills or most of the upscale places downtown. The menu needs an overhaul and the quality needs to be up'd.Special Features:
- Great food, fabulous entertainmentBarryNVIPDined on 10/16/2014i was in San Diego on business and went to Croce's with two colleagues. I had the braised short ribs and my colleagues had duck. The food was prepared exactly as ordered and we all raced about the food. We were able to clearly hear the combo that was playing New Orleans Jazz and American standards. If you're in San Diego, don't miss this place.Special Features:
- Delicious and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We went to Croce's specifically to see a band perform which contains a friend of ours. We were very pleasantly surprised with how fantastic the food and service were while we were there. The menu is pretty fancy, and everything we had was completely delicious. We got to meet Ingrid Croce and spoke to her for a little while, and her gracious and welcoming presence really makes this a special place. It was terrific!Special Features:
- Great food and wineIlovefoodDined on 10/14/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. The service was impeccable, the food was fantastic. We ordered three appetizers and shared them. The Brussels Sprouts are divine. We ordered two small plate dinners and also shared those. Everything was great. The sommelier was wonderful and helped us select a wonderful bottle of wine. All in our party would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- always greatbeatnickVIPDined on 10/12/2014We go to Croce's every time we're in town. Food is always excellent and service is just how we like it, attentive, professional and friendly. I like the new location away from the Gaslamp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014The service was slow. We ordered an appetizer and it can with our meal rather than with the drinks. Also the wine list is quite limited. The only white is Chardonnay and that is not many people's preference. The food was outstanding and the idea of half portions is great. The music was very nice and not at all loud at our table enabling dinner conversation without having to shout.Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhood!PickyEaterDined on 10/9/2014Absolutely fantastic experience! Great food, great service and great ambience! It is a very welcome addition to the Park West/Hillcrest/Bankers Hill neighborhood! Upscale without being stuffy or pretentious! I will be back several times over!Special Features:
- Has it all!JazzyKayeightDined on 10/9/2014Great food, ambience and jazz. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- A GemjoytodineDined on 10/6/2014Croce's offers it all for those who enjoy an eclectic dining experience in an uptown neighborhood atmosphere. Much easier access than Gaslamp. Food presentation and taste top rate. Service excellent. Foodies will enjoy taking pictures and sharing the experience with others. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrocesMagpieDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious and we had great service. However the music was not great. We would have preferred to have softer music so we could have enjoyed dinner conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food and ambianceBuergermeisterDined on 10/5/2014Croce's is the most reliable and exquisite dining experience around. The service is outstanding, the food scrumptious (my favorite is the scallops which are seared to a perfectly sweet crust with the most juicy interior), and the ambiance relaxed and romantic. Michael, the sommelier, always has a great suggestion for pairings, and the small plates are a god sent for me. We recently went during a life performance by Todo Mundo, which provided a high quality background for our dining experience. Ingrid Croce supports local up and coming youth jazz, and the best performances have been by Gilbert Castellanos playing with high school and college students' combos. An experience not be missed.Special Features:
- Brunch is a Must!SDRWFindVIPDined on 10/5/2014The Croce's Brunch menu is extensive and delicious. Friendly service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemdiamondintheruffDined on 10/4/2014My date and I wanted to check out Croce's. Loved his music growing up, and thought how cool to visit his wife's place. The service was better than most places. Friendly server's went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Food was a 7 out of 10 and keep in mind we are very picky. Good wine selection. The only negative here was a disappointment in the music selection. it's a very subjective point, so we could have been on a off night (Friday). It was jazz, which I do like. Just was expecting something different. We would go back good though.Special Features:
- VictorVIPDined on 10/4/2014Cocktails glasses TOO SMALL. Restaurant nearly empty and they tried to seat us at a small table next to another couple.Special Features: