724 High Street
Houma, LA 70360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cristianoristorante.com/
- Phone: 9852231130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Lindsay R. Mason
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on-site and off-site catering for all occasions, from simple gatherings to formal rehearsal dinners. We welcome catering events for any size party.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer numerous rooms throughout the restaurant to accommodate any size party. We have private rooms for six people, and one large room to accommodate up to thirty five people. Our restaurant is also available for larger private parties of up to one hundred and fifty people.
- Private Party Contact: Cassie Babin 9852231130x
- Entertainment: We offer live music on our gorgeous patio on a monthly basis.
A word from Cristiano Ristorante
Cristiano Ristorante is committed to offering traditional Italian food paired with hints of Mediterranean soul. Seasonal menus offer our guests the opportunity to try flavors not conventionally found in classic Italian food. Our registered sommelier’s wine list is diverse, with a beautiful selection of Italian, French, American and Argentinean wines. Our knowledgeable and welcoming staff will ensure your dining experience exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cristiano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Houma ›
Cristiano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great restaurantBubbagal19Dined on 8/24/2014Critiano Ristorante never disappoints! It is a great restaurant with awesome food. The food is fresh and is unlike meals that you can get at other restaurants. The service and ambience also make this an awesome place. We went to celebrate my birthday and this was a special treat. I love going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!JDNOLAVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best Italian in the area. Had the chicken piccata and it was the best ever. GF had the filet which is always good, tender and perfectly cooked. Started meal with fried calamari, which is often over-fried other places, was excellent: lightly fried and tender.Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in Houma.datmanDined on 8/8/2014We moved to Houma from California about a year ago. Finding Cristiano's was a spot of good fortune. The food is wonderful, sophisticated yet approachable, the service impeccable and the environment personable and relaxing. We try and eat here at least weekly, more often when the occasion calls for it.Special Features:
- 2foodiesDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service! Definitely a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Food and atmosphere are exceptional.!! Best place in Houma..by far~!Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurantlapizz3Dined on 7/20/2014The latest seasonal menu is outstanding. There are several items on it that I wish would be permanent. Outstanding food and service. One off the best restaurants in Louisiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Thumbs UpVocalPelicanDined on 7/12/2014The food was superb, and the service never waned even though every table was occupied and there were a couple of large groups eating at the same time we were. Appropriate music played in the background and added to the ambiance rather than overpower conversation. Something I found especially endearing was that the owner and name’s sake, Cristiano, happily bounced from table to table visiting with his guests as if hosting a party. I highly recommend Cristiano's -- especially for special occasions or visitors to Houma. (P.S.: They serve lunch, have a patio area, and a bar as well.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patholddinerDined on 7/7/2014Menu was a little lacking but the waiter explained they we shifting from their winter menu to the summer menu. Food and presentation were very good...will go back again!Special Features:
- AmazingChilipepper65Dined on 7/6/2014Very personable and friendly service . Ambiance is amazing . Brunch was delicious . Would highly recommend dining at Cristiano's !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014excellent food, great service, nice ambience, soft jazz playing. thoroughly enjoyed my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is to die forfoodie4lifeDined on 6/28/2014If you want fresh, killer food, this is the place to experience greatness! As always service was excellent and can never say enough about how great the food always is.Special Features:
- Chilipepper65Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and service. Always a pleasure to eat at Cristiano's . Wonderful ambience .Special Features:
- greatthreeormoreDined on 6/5/2014good food in a great atmosphere....... nice wine list and with a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Imaginative Dining in Houma, LA!!yachtinrobbinDined on 5/20/2014The Capt and I celebrated my Birthday at this quaint, homey, Mediterranean-style restaurant with the Chef gifting us a Chargrilled Oyster on half shell which was delicious. My Cockney hubby started with Piatto di Charcuterie with Speck, Barolo, and Soppressata which he delighted in and I had the Pomodoro Verde, pan fried green tomatoes with (chunky) Lousiana Crabmeat Remoulade, superb, followed by Shrimp Pasta Special and Anatra alla Noce-almond breaded duck tenderloins with Spicy Pomodoro. Great selection of various beers and quality wines; we chose a Malbec which was quite quaffable. For the grande finale, a fabulous Tiramisu. LOVE this restaurant and cannot wait to return for another night of taste sensations to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience. Great FoodFloridacoupleDined on 5/17/2014Food and service was excellent. Be ready to fork out some dough though. 1 appetizer and 2 entree's with a bottle of wine cost me $200.00. For my wife and I, it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday - LunchSPB1Dined on 5/13/2014We enjoyed a light lunch, the service, food and atmosphere were good as always, I typically have lunch or dinner at Christiano Ristorante when my travels bring me to Houma. So far, I have had only good experiences at Cristiano's.Special Features:
- Excellentlapizz3Dined on 5/5/2014Everything about this local restaurant is very very good. Nothing lacking. Great food, service, ambiance, and people.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Cristiano Ristorante reviews archive.
- Wonderful ExperienceAshleyDined on 4/29/2014They are a little on the pricey side so we would not be able to go on a regular basis, but it was a wonderful experience for my husband and I. Great service, food and ambiance. Certainly recommend and encourage a visit. The local drum special as well as the fried green tomatoes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlapizz3Dined on 4/29/2014Chris does an excellent job. His chef is superb and the wait staff is always courteous and well informed. Excellent restaurant. I would put Christiano's up against any restaurant in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysters and steakrichm03Dined on 4/26/2014The charbroiled oysters are the best I've ever had, different from anyplace else. The ribeye and filet mignon are both top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChilipepper65Dined on 4/20/2014Have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed . Food is impeccable and service is excellent. Wonderful ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner for 12RadioprinceVIPDined on 4/7/2014We had a big group and as always the food was perfect and the service was great.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectationsHoumaDinerDined on 3/26/2014We had a wonderful lunch meeting. Service and food were excellent. We were provided a quiet meeting space with ample room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experiencemmk0925Dined on 3/25/2014My fiance and I were visiting this week in Houma ... we live in Orlando, FL. Had a fantastic experience ... very romantic, quaint, delightful food and outstanding service ... would highly recommend! Be sure to try their house salad ... it's exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbienceDonnaVDined on 3/22/2014We always have a wonderful and enjoyable time when we eat here. They don't rush the service and allow you to enjoy he meal at a leisurely pace similar to service in Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a King4musketeersDined on 3/16/2014We had a wonderful experience. The waiter was extra helpful, the food was top-notch, and the only complaint I had was the lack of non-dairy creamer. That's not really a valid reason to cross Cristiano's off my list of number one restaurants. The marvel of it all is that it is located in lovely downtown Houma. Who knew? We go to New Orleans often to dine out, but now we will go to Houma, which is much closer to our home and has less of a traffic problem than New Orleans does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian FoodDinerinluvwithfoodVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was better than expected and fresh. No complaints about the kitchen or chef. A gem for Houma. Not a big fish selection, but what they had was fresh. Weren't as flexible with our requests as other restaurants we've visited. Waitress had an attitude, but warmed up close to tip time. Atmosphere was cozy but a little small and tight.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014The place had amazing food at a decent price. Probably the best I've ever had. I loved it. Haven't been somewhere with such a good atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualHoumaDinerDined on 2/28/2014Our Friday lunch was exceptional. The food was cook perfectly and service attentive.Special Features:
- Best Italian food!Phallonf22Dined on 2/21/2014Absolutely love this restaurant! The food is amazing and the outdoor patio space is adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionHoumaDinerDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed dinner at this restaurant. The food is delicious and a rare find. Complements to the staff. A bit noisy with children adjacent to us though. Seems there were other available tables they could have been seated. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StupendaliciousJOlson79VIPDined on 1/21/2014When in Houma, I try to only eat at Cristiano Ristorante...and all of my employees want to join me. I have gotten to know the staff and enjoy seeing them on a weekly basis. Great food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeIHarperDined on 1/11/2014Definitely could not rate noise level. Was there during Saints play off game. Great place with great atmosphere, food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Loved it. I've eaten at 4+ star restaurants throughout the world and I can't believe I hadn't chose this eatery right in my backyard.Special Features:
- Charles ReviewCharieDined on 12/30/2013It was a nice intimate place. We went for our 7th anniversary. Good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowAngieDined on 12/7/2013Every time we eat here it is amazing. Food, service, atmosphere....you name it its great. I am wow'd every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The greeting as you walkeddivinedeliciousDined on 11/29/2013The greeting as you walked in made you feel welcomed and appreciated. I had a reservation for 12 and wanted to put favors at each place. As I was escorted to the lounge, our tables were being prepared. The hostess came for me and even helped me get the favors to the table. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Little slice of ItalyMimreDined on 11/15/2013Very authentic with a great wine list and knowledgable staff that not only gave a great do scriptorium of the dishes served but knew the wine that would best compliment the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our Anniversary Awesome!SaraAndEdwinDined on 10/18/2013My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary there and the service was exceptional. Our waiter did a great job tending to us, and the food was delicious. It was a very romantic setting. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and ConsistentMartinVIPDined on 10/12/2013There are only a few (three in my opinion) decent restaurants for "foodies" in Houma, Louisiana and this is one of them. That said, while the restaurant generally hits the mark there are certain problem areas. One is that while they sport a decent wine list, the first bottle requested is almost never available. If you eat there, have an alternate in mind ahead of time. Second, the wait staff could use a little training. I am pretty laid back but would prefer not to be referred to as "buddy" or "champ" by a waiter half my age when I ask for something. A little respect goes a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.