Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
1609 Sulgrave Ave
Baltimore, MD 21209Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crepedujour.com/
- Phone: 4105429000x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Amir Shrestha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Crepe Du Jour French Bistro
The Crêpe Du Jour was established in 1997 by husband and wife team Mustapha and Donna Snoussi. They had just relocated to Baltimore after living in Paris, France and began their first business by opening an upscale kiosk in the outside atrium of The Village of Cross Keys where they sold crêpes, panini, salads and more. The business was a success and they had acquired the clientele needed which would later support them in the opening of their Mt. Washington restaurant in 2000. The restaurant has expanded with the opening of an all year round heated terrace. Crêpe Du Jour has been part of the "Zagat" restaurant guide since 2003 where they describe dining on the terrace on a long summer evening as "almost feeling like Paris". The owner is often present to greet the guests and assure the quality of the food is at its best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington ›
Crepe Du Jour French Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (19)special occasion (17)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (5)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Read many great reviews. The seafood crepe was expensive and dry. The salad was pitiful and had a tomato that had never seen the sun. Oh well, at least the brewed ice tea was good.
- Always wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful as usual and being able to sit outside just made it that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed by this placeKty67Dined on 7/26/2014I was at Crepe Du Jour several times and every time love their food. This is a small restaurant and has absolutely delicious food. I tried different salads, entries, and deserts. Every time I am not disappointed, the sauces that compliment entries are so good, that I can eat just side dish with sauce and skip meat or fish. Every time I am there I can't decide what to have because this is probably one restaurant in Baltimore that has everything delicious on their menu. Great, family owned place. It can get noisy when they have big party but the food is worth to tolerate the noise.Special Features:
- uniquely wonderfulBaltimoronsDined on 7/18/2014We were so surprised to to find this wonderful little gem in Mt. Washington. We frequent other restaurants in the area but never tried this one. Loved it! Ina was an excellent waitress and the food outstanding. Must try a crepe even if you share one as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EATSDined on 7/2/2014We loved our meal and found the portions incredibly generousSpecial Features:
- Brunch was Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014Had brunch, omelettes were outstanding, very fresh. Everyone in our group cleaned their plates. Outdoor seating is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014very enjoyable, nice selection of crepes, pleasant atmosphere and easy to talkSpecial Features:
- Best crepes in BaltimoreBaltimoreCrepistDined on 6/21/2014Food here is amazing. I don't even think about going anywhere else for crepes. The staff is very pleasant to converse with and have always served me very quickly. I would highly recommend Crepe du Jour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding! The Oceanic Crepe was amazing! and I NEVER miss a chance to have the roasted pepper bisque... that itself is worth the trip!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Crepes!NnmathteachVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our family of four had lunch on a Saturday. Three of us had brunch crepes and one had eggs with peppers, onions, and sausage. Mine had brie, artichokes, and mushrooms. It was excellent. My daughter had a crepe with smoked salmon which she enjoyed tremendously. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We have been to several crepe restaurants and they have the best. I highly recommended this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2014On Mondays a guitarist enhances the atmosphere. The menu is surprisingly large and the mussels and crepes we ordered were outstanding. The wines by the glass are terrific. Next time we'll explore the menu more thoroughly. Parking is free, on the street. Prices are reasonable. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kindmoomooDined on 6/6/2014We are never disappointed with crepe du jour and if we were disappointed I know that the service there would fix it and make it better...we love this restaurant and enjoy coming back...regardless how long it has been. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy!Mels421VIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a good meal. Service was a little slow but then it was a busy Friday night. French onion soup was supper good but super hot! We all had burned our mouth!Special Features:
- What a nice evening!BookDivaDined on 6/5/2014My two girlfriends and I went here for dinner the other night, and we had a great time together. The food was excellent, as was the service and our waiter let us talk and visit with each other for as long as we wanted to. I was surprised that there weren't more people having dinner there--although the outside tables were all full, the restaurant itself was pretty empty. This place is such a gem!Special Features:
- It's A Keeper!EverCurious2DineVIPDined on 5/19/2014We dine out frequently and can not believe Crepe Du Jour remained over-looked far too long. Smoked salmon appetizer was enough for two, very tasty and beautifully presented. The menu offers a significant number of choices, but we both decided upon one of the entree specials, a huge crepe filled with lump crab, shrimp, asparagus, diced fresh tomato, and mild feta blend in a delicately spiced light cream sauce. Incredibly flavorful and highly recommended. To end the meal we shared a Bananas Foster like crepe.....light; not heavy, a perfect conclusion to our first, but not last visit to Crepe Du Jour. Must mention, our server was helpful and available, but never intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful Lunch!MaggiVIPDined on 5/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Crepe du Jour. The Crepe Landaise was delicious. The restaurant was quiet and peaceful. Our server was very attentive. Thank you.Special Features:
- the crepe portins were generoushonormomDined on 5/11/2014The crepes were large and delicious! My daughter and I shared a savory crepe because we wanted to save room for dessert and it was worth it! The omelets and home fries were delicious also.Special Features:
- Food was great-service was terribleYikesDined on 5/11/2014My husband, two boys and I recently dined at Crepe Du Jour for Mother's Day brunch. The food was wonderful, but the service was beyond terrible. The restaurant was not overly crowded, so we were perplexed as to why we had a poor experience. We were rudely greeted upon arrival, and then waited 10 minutes at our table until we had to request a waiter from the hostess, who was again rude. My husband's order was incorrect, but was delicious. NONE of the staff checked on us during our meal. The food was fabulous, so kudos to the chefs. I hope that the inattentiveness of the wait staff doesn't deter folks from enjoying the talents of the kitchen staff.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Crepe Du Jour French Bistro reviews archive.
- Easter brunchsjcbDined on 4/20/2014The reservation for 6 on Easter Sunday at 1 pm was easy to make. Our waitress was extremely friendly and cheerful. She answered our questions, made good suggestions and served well. The only problem was my daughter did not get asparagus in her crepe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBitseyDined on 4/20/2014I was surprised that there seats available on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. The seafood crepe was wonderful--very rich. Eggs Chesapeke were a hit as well. Everyone seemed very happy with their food. The Bloody Mary's were excellent as well. We shared a berry & nutella dessert that was very tasty and not overwhelming. I like the Bistro feel of the place but it may be too close for some. No private conversations here!Special Features:
- A nice easter brunchmabsDined on 4/20/2014although Crepe du Jour did not have a special menu it was a wonderful place for a quiet brunch.Our party ordered breakfast foods.... my daughter said the crab Chesapeake was excellent, her friend indicated the steak and eggs were delicious. The mimosas were excellent as well.Special Features:
- consistent terrific food for breakfOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2014Extremely large menu, well-prepared items, from eggs, quiche and omelettes to savory and sweet crepes, plus, if a little later, salads, sandwiches and other entrees, this place makes good food. Not cheap, but certainly more reasonable than some other spots. Services starts a little slow, but then picks up. Extremely pleasant waiters. if you've not been, especially if you like crepes, give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISYcycleDined on 4/5/2014THEY SEATED US RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HALL LEADING TO THE KITCHEN EVEN THOUGHT MANY TABLES WERE AVAILABLE ELSEWHERE. LOTS OF TRAFFIC. KIDS WERE RUNNING IN AND OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND ONE OF THE OWNERS (LARGE MALE) BUMPED MY BACK WHEN HE WENT TO THE KITCHEN. (HE DID NOT SAY EXCUSE ME)
- Great option in the VillageRichDined on 3/28/2014We had a wonderful dinner of seafood crepes in an atmosphere of a small New York French restaurant. The server was attentive and offered good advice on our selections. Crepe Du Jour is perfect for a relaxing night out.Special Features:
- Never BusyJoanieVIPDined on 3/20/2014I have been many times and there is never any people. The food is very good,crepes are excellent. I had a wonderful burger with excellent service. Parking is a problem in this area,so you need valet for another $5.00. Maybe they need an incentive for people to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Went early in day. Very quiet. But food was very good. Will be back later in the day when more people are dining here.Special Features:
- Good CrepesJoanieVIPDined on 3/14/2014I have been many times to this quiet French Bistro. I usually get the crepes which are always very good. The soups are always good ,too. This time we had the special seafood crepe which was good,also. The glass of wine was priced reasonable and the salad was very fresh.Special Features:
- AwesomeMikeVIPDined on 3/9/2014A very quaint place with an unbelievable menu, everything sounds terrific. Have never been disappointed by the choice made. Presentation and attention to detail is a staple here. Love it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Crepe Provençale was exceptionalRandDined on 3/9/2014My Crepe Provençale was exceptional and my daughter's fruit crepe was very good. We enjoyed our brunch.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceDfkellyDined on 3/8/2014There were 2 other tables there when we arrived for our 12 pm reservation & 1 waiter. It took an inordinate amount of time for him to get our drink orders, & twice that long to bring the drinks, which he didn't get right! He seemed entirely overwhelmed by 3 tables. The food was outstanding, but the poor service overshadowed the delicious food, which is a shame. Some Yelp reviews note a management issue, which I concur with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner selections (crepe OceaniquesuznlynnDined on 2/22/2014Dinner selections (crepe Oceanique and crepe Baltimorean) were outstanding. Dessert was awesome too! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Surprise After Surprise...CoffeeManDined on 2/14/2014Overall the food was very good at Crepe Du Jur. It was plated well and served in a timely manner. I think this place may have a management problem. We went on Valentines day expecting the normal menu(reasonable prices) and discovered that only a prefixed Valentines Day menu was available. (55 dollars a head). I was frustrated that there was no mention of this before-hand. Online, on the phone, or when we walked in. Another weird thing was that when we arrived our table wasn't ready so my date and I went across the street for a drink. I traded my number with the host to let me know when our table was ready. That worked well....Unfortunately he started texting me later during my meal!Special Features:
- Horrible food..the waiterSxmjudyDined on 2/14/2014Horrible food..the waiter even forgot to bring my meal....a wretched place...
- A clean well lighted place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/5/2014We've been dining here for over 10 years and in all of this time the quality has been consistently fine and filling. The wine list is not vast, but the wine by the glass is always pleasant. We've always gone there for the crepes & soup, which has never disappointed us. In my opinion the place is a nice fun casual small neighborhood cafe tucked away from the hustle bustle of the city, it has the feel of a French country bistro. This is a true hidden gem that offers good food at an affordable price in a clean well lighted place.Special Features:
- Oh my...what happened?DelectableVIPDined on 2/5/2014For the first time , we experienced some disappointment in this sweet restaurant. The filet of sole had little flavor or zest, the coquilles st. Jacques (a side) were soaked in some heavy sauce with tomatoes floating around, a recipe I've never encountered and not tasty. Also, the quiche slice was not generous. This experience was a surprise in a restaurant we like to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French food in a verytommyd30Dined on 1/27/2014Great French food in a very friendly atmosphere. Have been there several times and had nothing but outstanding experiences in both quality of food and service. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 satisfied dinersDelectableVIPDined on 1/20/2014We all had the different salads and thought them very good. The portions were generous as we'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EvePizinhoDined on 12/31/2013Food was great. Only had 1 waiter which is unthinkable, and of course it took for ever to be waited on in spite of the dinning room was almost empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FrancophilesLeptodoraDined on 12/15/2013As always, just plain good French cooking. This is one of our favorite restaurants. It is not all crepes, though those are always good. We never get tired of the food there.Special Features:
- crepesbiscuitDined on 12/15/2013Totally enjoyed restaurant. Full menu, many choices, Crepe was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features: