344 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.creolabistro.com/
- Phone: (650) 654-0882
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:30 - 2:30 pm
Sunday, Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Edwin Caba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all levels of Catering. From just a quick drop off to a customized event to suite all needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering hosting your next event at CreoLa Bistro
Whether you are hosting a rehearsal dinner, a board meeting or celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, CreoLa makes entertaining easy. Work with our experienced party planner to tailor each aspect of your party to your needs - for events of all types. Create custom designed place cards and select a light menu for your bridesmaids' luncheon, host clients and treat them to one of our decadent tasting menus. At CreoLa, we pamper you and your guests with unparalleled hospitality and cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Edwin Caba 6506540882x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday 7-10 PM.
- Special Events: Mardi Gras Menu. Monday - Thursday, 4 Course Menu $28
A word from Creola
We hope that you will dine with us soon for an authentic New Orleans dining experience - One that goes beyond Cajun! To enhance your dining experience, we fly in the finest seafood and products available from the Louisiana Gulf Coast and Bayou Regions. We believe that it is these indigenous products that ensure the authenticity of flavors and the integrity of our Creole and Cajun Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creola reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (20)special occasion (19)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- chf1Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and service; went there for my husband's birthday, and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Comfortable and tastyQuietsideDined on 4/26/2014Excellent for romance or meeting friends. Experience is unhurried and a delicious cajun inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPTulleyDined on 4/26/2014Another amazing meal at Creola. Celebrated my dad's birthday and they made him feel special. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Ooh La La! Creola!TMC2014Dined on 4/20/2014Superb for Easter brunch with friends!. Food is excellent and exciting. Service superb. Don't wait for Easter -- really enjoyable place and peopleSpecial Features:
- Close and convenientAtoZVIPDined on 4/18/2014My second time to this restaurant. Staff was polite and friendly. This time they forgot one of our appetizers. My chicken breast was very small, while it was good was small for the price. The cornbread dressing that came with it wasn't like dressing more like a wet corn muffin. My boyfriends fried chicken was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChezderDined on 4/17/2014Having enjoyed living in the Crescent City for many years, I have high expectations for New Orlean's cuisine. Creola does it right and does it well. Over the years I have ever been disappointed, except by stomach's limitations. The flavors are authentic and the portions generous without being absurd. While it end to stick with the traditional fare of gumbo, étouffée and seasonal specials, I would bet that the gator would be every bit as good. My only suggestion is the the wait staff be better schooled in the intricacies and complexities of the menu. My compliments to owner, Edward.Special Features:
- Great Southern Cuisine at CreolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and I tried crawfish, shrimp creola and alligator piccata for food and French 75 & Sazerac for drinks, everything was delicious. The service was also outstanding. The interior of the place could be improved though, there isn't much to experience in terms of ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet oasis in San CarlosjksancarlosVIPDined on 4/10/2014We have been here twice in a couple of weeks because we feel like we've stubbled onto a real gem. It has a charming quiet atmosphere and excellent service. We've enjoyed our food both times. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a party of 9 last nightOpt1VIPDined on 4/9/2014We had a party of 9 last night and they can still able to accommodate us with an earlier time slot was totally appreciated. Been there a few times and food is excellent. Especially their buttermilk brined fried chicken is always my favorite. They change their special occasionally and we had corn bread instead of baguette last night which we very tasty. The services was very good as well.Special Features:
- Good as usualWendyDined on 4/6/2014We go to Creola for special occasions because it is a 40 minute drive from our home but it is always worth it. We went with friends to have the crawfish special. We called ahead to make sure they would still have some and we were assured that they would hold some for us. They were delicious and so was our dinner.Special Features:
- Food is always terrificCherieDined on 3/29/2014As always, we enjoyed our dinner on Saturday night, the food is consistently wonderful. The only thing we don't like is that the wine list is changing all of the time. As soon as we find one we like, it goes away.Special Features:
- Great Food as alwaysrichfrickVIPDined on 3/21/2014Creola continues to deliver great food. The staff is warm and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful !LouisianaDeuxDined on 3/21/2014CreoLa is one of our favorite restaurants ! The best Creole-Cajun food on The Peninsula---fabulous service and care taken to provide you with a terrific experience at the establishment. It's also the best place to be on Mardi Gras--a real taste of New Orleans ! As usual, we shall return for another excellent meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crawfish are in the house!MikefryDined on 3/20/2014We celebrated my Moms 67th. The fried chicken is so good and the martigras pasta. The crawfish was delicious and dripping down my wrists. Service was awesome. WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brine chicken is a favoriteMikefryDined on 3/7/2014We enjoy dining out here for they almost never have boiled Crawfish during its season. Also they don't have BBQ prawns. The gumbo is fair and so are the entrees. The manhattan is the best. Call us when you finally get loads of boiled crawfish in to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. The serviceBchowDined on 3/7/2014Food was great. The service was good at the beginning of our night but after taking our plates away, it took forever to get our check. We sat for a good 20-30 minutes after they cleaned up our table to get the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!! Nice folksKCWongDined on 2/27/2014I always my tips to Creola. Be sure to order from the Mardi Gras menu AND get the chicory coffee. The fried chicken is tasty and a very large portion. Plenty for lunch the next day since you had so much other food on the special menu.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingDorothyDined on 2/22/2014Once a favorite dining spot, but not anymore. Service was extremely slow and shoddy. 15 minutes before the first visit from our server. The rest of the evening followed suit. My friend sent back her gin and tonic 4 times and finally changed her order to wine. 3/4 cocktails were fine. How difficult is it to make a gin and tonic? The server incorrectly delivered all dishes. Creola was in the process of changing flooring so the previous flooring had been pulled up recently and the exposed surface was the crude cement foundation and gave the venue a cave-like appeal. The food was fine. Considering all else, we won't be returning to Creola. Not worth the price.
- We brought guests from outLTDO8Dined on 2/16/2014We brought guests from out of town who really enjoyed the experience. As usual, the food was excellent. This time we tried the oyster and bacon appetizer as a starter and the pecan pie for dessert. Both were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good and the kitchen was very accomodating with regard to food allergies on the Pre Fixe holiday menu. An observation - they could use sharper knives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the PeninsulaAL44Dined on 2/14/2014I heard great reviews about Creola from family and friends & their praises were on the mark. I took my fiancee there for the Valentine's Brunch and the food & service were really good. I ordered the Catfish PoBoy sandwich (very yummy) and my fiancee's fried chicken was crispy and juicy. Plus, our server Jessie was very attentive and applaud him for maintaining his Professionalism while waiting on six tables by himself. All in all a good way to celebrate Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner 02/13/2014GlorietaDined on 2/13/2014Out-of-this-world cuisine, outstanding customer service, romantic/cozy ambience. I've driven by for years and always thought "I'm going to try that place one day". Now I feel I should have treated myself sooner. By the way, the way the restaurant is laid out, they certainly can accommodate a special occasion or group. I'm now inspired to visit New Orleans as their cuisine seems to have been so excellently represented by CreoLa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerluv2eatDined on 2/11/2014Creola is a favorite of my husband and mine. We eat here a couple times a year and have never been disappointed. The food and service are great.Special Features:
- New Orleans RevisitedNOLAfanDined on 2/8/2014Dined with group that loves New Orleans and visits there often. Very pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Nice selection of starters and entrees. Loved both the fried and roasted chicken. Wine selection did not live up to the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was amazingtheram1Dined on 2/2/2014Food and service was amazing . Definitely coming back . The jambalaya was soooo goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once was but still goodSCGuyDined on 1/25/2014I have been to CreoLa 7-10 times over the last 10 years. It has been one of my favorites for some time but now I feel that I am more loyal than impressed. We had a lovely meal there but the food has shifted from it's Cajun/Creole origins. Only small Gumbo servings, 1 Jambalaya, no etouffees, no creole sauces? What we had was very good. The tuna tartar taco was out of this world and I loved the Maker's Mark Manhattan. I don't think the Jambalaya was as good as before but it was tasty. But I wanted a wider variety of Cajun food. Did like the Mardi Gras package. As an older person who cannot eat as much as I used to I liked being able to get a variety of food for a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- Food was not as good as IianlynnVIPDined on 1/22/2014Food was not as good as I expected from other reviews and recommendations. This was especially true of the appertizers. The host and servers were extremely nice. I would not go out of my way to eat at this restaurant again, but if you are local and live within 5 - 10 miles it is definitely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats40785645Dined on 1/18/2014the service was excellent the food was great I was kinda busy the waiter and make you d Amen sista us baby and most restaurants that did not happen so it was like a good family atmosphere everybody 15 minutes goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreolaMgaff28Dined on 1/17/2014A great place for New Orleans foods, the menu has some classics and some new ones each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudoArleneDined on 1/17/2014Great lunch with fantastic service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Food was very good, but service was quite poor. Restaurant did not seem very crowded so I was a little surprised. I would go here again and recommend to others, but sincerely hope service would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantMissingSanCarlosVIPDined on 1/10/2014My husband and I moved to the East Bay last year so we don't visit CreoLa as much as we'd like to. However, when we do we are never disappointed. Edwin, the chef/owner, always takes the time to greet his guests and say a kind word. The service is great, the ambiance is delightful, the cocktails are fun (I like the Cajun Bloody Mary), and the food is amazing. My favorite order is the shrimp and crab bisque followed by wasabi-crusted ahi. Perfect medium rare. My husband had a new duck entree and loved it. We highly recommend visiting this gem. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food + great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014I've always had a great meal at Creola. Recently I had a nice shrimp sandwich but I would recommend any of the entreesSpecial Features:
- Yummo in my tummo!VickleDined on 1/7/2014What is not to like at this place? Great ambiance, great service, awesome food! My boyfriend and I came here last night to celebrate our anniversary and we were blown away by the whole experience. We had the shrimp and crawfish etoufee for an appetizer...I swear I wanted to lick the plate up. The bf even offered to cover my while I did this. I got the jambalaya for my entree and the bf had the buttermilk brine fried chicken. Both of our chickens was cooked perfectly: moist and juicy with yummy spices. Our waiters were very attentive and asked how our meal was and refilled our drinks almost immediately after we drank from the glass. I can't wait to go back! =) Parking lot is a little tiny, but there's plenty of street parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoritekubdaDined on 12/28/2013Regardless of what I order, it is great, but a special cheer for their filet mignon with bearnaise sauce.fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- becoming one of our favoriteshatetojumpthroughhoopsDined on 12/27/2013Yummy is the best all round description. And i hate it that reviews must be 50 characters. I don't want to add anything other than "yummy"Special Features:
- CreoLaPatchMomDined on 12/24/2013The food is great - service is uneven and inconsistent...sometimes good, sometimes blah!
- CreolaHamMDined on 12/20/2013I grew up in New Orleans and it is very authentic and took me back home. The staff were outstanding but it was a little noise with a number of families with children. In previous visits it had not been so much noise, we are chalking this up to the holiday and will give it another try soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooh la laKathleenDined on 12/14/2013The restaurant never fails to come through. We hadn't been in a while and needed a little special someplace to go to. The food was delicious and had that New Orleans flavor to it. Recommend the shrimp creole. The crawfish hush puppies are a treat as appetizers. Terrific mood enhancer for rest-of-the-night events-never a bad thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Orleans BistrocaptdanDined on 12/12/2013Enjoyed our first visit to Creola. The food is great, nicely prepared and reasonable portions. It did remind me of some of our really good meals in New Orleans. Traditional flavors and sauces. Spicy but not hot. The wine list is small, but the wines are good, and a selection of New Orleans beers. The service was very good considering that we were there along with a couple of office parties that probably disrupted the normal flow of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.