344 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.creolabistro.com/
- Phone: 6506540882x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:30 - 2:30 pm
Sunday, Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Edwin Caba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all levels of Catering. From just a quick drop off to a customized event to suite all needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering hosting your next event at CreoLa Bistro
Whether you are hosting a rehearsal dinner, a board meeting or celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, CreoLa makes entertaining easy. Work with our experienced party planner to tailor each aspect of your party to your needs - for events of all types. Create custom designed place cards and select a light menu for your bridesmaids' luncheon, host clients and treat them to one of our decadent tasting menus. At CreoLa, we pamper you and your guests with unparalleled hospitality and cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Edwin Caba 6506540882x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday 7-10 PM.
- Special Events: Mardi Gras Menu. Monday - Thursday, 4 Course Menu $28
A word from Creola
We hope that you will dine with us soon for an authentic New Orleans dining experience - One that goes beyond Cajun! To enhance your dining experience, we fly in the finest seafood and products available from the Louisiana Gulf Coast and Bayou Regions. We believe that it is these indigenous products that ensure the authenticity of flavors and the integrity of our Creole and Cajun Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Creola - Best Restaurants in San Carlos ›
Creola reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (28)romantic (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great NOLA foodelGrecoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great New Orleans/Creole/Cajun cuisine! Very casual place, it's all about the food.Special Features:
- Not so hot, hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014While it had a seemingly good menu, the food was average. I don't think it is a repeat for us.
- Excellent and UnpretentiouskhadzDined on 8/9/2014We decided to try this place based on good reviews. Once we got to the restaurant everything was great. The staff was attentive and friendly, and the food was great. Boyfriend had the roast chicken which was cooked perfectly, and started out with some amazing gumbo. It's a good sign when simple roast chicken can wow. I had the $30 menu, which included appetizer (hushpuppies were delicious), entree ($10 extra for filet mignon, totally worth it), and dessert (French Silk "pie", tartlike, it was ok). The food wasn't overly "fussy", and the decor matched. Simple decorations, but nicely done and clean. I would come back here in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a Fabulous Find !LouisianaDeuxDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant never disappoints ! Excellent food and service. We also ordered food from the catered list for a family party : crawfish hushpuppies and jambalaya. Everyone raved about both dishes !! Many thanks again !Special Features:
- Great Cajun Food!V4c4t10n3r88Dined on 8/5/2014You don't have to go to New Orleans to taste excellent Cajun food!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceEastBayFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Refreshingly different style of cuisine in this region of the Bay Are peninsula. Good food and service. Definitely plan to return, and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!GailDined on 7/27/2014Tuna Tartare was not at home on the Menu and was the most IMPRESSIVE item we ate. The Fried Chicken was also excellent! Great place to have a nice dinner. Cocktails need a little improving however, I ordered a Hurricane and it tasted mostly like punch. Overall, it was a wonderful meal and we were very satisfied.Special Features:
- TanteJulieVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time we tried this restaurant. Had lunch. The Ahi Taco Tartare was delicious. As were the Boudin Balls. Met the Owner/Chef. He was delightful. Will definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 7/25/2014Love the fried okra, fried pickles, crawfish hush puppies and the complimentary cornbread. My fried chicken lunch was perfect portion and cooked to my liking. And, we never leave w/out having their beignets and combo pie.Special Features:
- consistent and deliciousSande55Dined on 7/19/2014If you like restaurants that you revisit because you like certain items on the menu, than Creola is the spot for you. The menu doesnt seem to change much from the times we have visited. The food is always tasty, and not overly spicy. The tuna is cooked to perfection each time, and is my favorite item there. Sides and salad okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was 'OK'OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014It wasn't terrible. It just wasn't great. A friend gave us a gift certificate for $100..my comment to my husband when we left was "I'm glad we didn't have to pay the entire bill."
- Creole cooking at its bestJohnVIPDined on 6/27/2014The fried Okra is special. My female dinner companion ate 2# of the crayfish with a real relish!! Excellent fried chicken.Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 6/25/2014CreoLa remains one of our all time favorite restaurants in the SF Bay Area. The wait staff are always professional and friendly, and the food is divine. Our favorites include the fish taco appetizer, crawfish and shrimp étouffée and for desert, tough choices between the beignets and the velvet or peanut butter pie or the combo pie for those who can't make up their minds. Thank you owner, Chef Edwin, for yet another great night at your place!Special Features:
- Pleasant meal!EatoutoftenDined on 6/24/2014The service was nice, we all had the $30 prefixe menu. The apps were good for each of us (party of 4), the salad was ok, nothing special about it. Two of us had the fried chicken, 1 had the jambalaya, & 1 had a fried soft shell crab w/étouffée. Everything was good, except the crab's crust was a bit thick, & the portions were good. Desserts were beignets (kind of doughy), bread pudding, panna cotta, & silk pie. When I made the reservation, I noted that 2 of the 4 were celebrating our birthdays...no acknowledgement made by the restaurant. Overall, a nice dinner. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAgirlDined on 6/22/2014We have been regular customers for many years. The staff is very efficient, courteous and friendly. They recognize us and try exceptionally hard to provide excellent service, which we appreciate. Edwin never fails to greet his guests, which is a so-important gesture of appreciation. We love the food. It is well cooked, presented, and it reflects the cuisine of the South with a little California twist that we love. I think the greatest compliment is one my husband made the other night, "I have never had a bad meal here." I share his words. Creola is clearly a little gem in San Carlos. We feel a kinship with our native home, New Orleans, whenever we visit the restaurant and eat the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good COpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/22/2014Food was quite good. The special menus add some value (Mardi Gras, Monday) and are offered nightly. Service needs a little work. My companion's salad never arrived as part of her Mardi Gras special dinner. We asked for separate checks but the checks were all screwed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anhtuanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Mardi Gras Menu is a Phamily favorite. Fried chicken is yum and filling. Likely could split this and still be full. More room for apps!Special Features:
- Close restaurant while remodelingDomedionDined on 6/14/2014They were not any rugs - they are redoing the rooms. We were sat in a dark corner, hard to read menu , not very pleasant. We had reservations. Hard to see what we were eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and great food!JazzygalDined on 6/10/2014It was the first time I had been back to Creola for a while. We were greeted warmly. The staff was very attentive . The choices on the menu were very good. Excellent taste on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencesfsmrevDined on 6/5/2014Reservation ready - no waiting. Nice Waitperson, Great Food, a bit of a wait for the food to come out, but worth the wait. Really delicious appetizer, soup, main course and dessert.Special Features:
- Reliably ExcellentPathologistDined on 6/1/2014We eat hear about once a year because the food quality is always excellent.Special Features:
- Congrats on your Brand New BrunchkubdaDined on 6/1/2014Being among the first to taste your new Brunch menu, I can say it is outstanding. The Seafood Eggs Benedict was excellent. I asked for and received the Bourbon Hollandaise sauce because I wanted something less acidic than the Creole sauce. It contributed a mellow flavor. Next time I would also ask for a more highly seasoned seafood mixture, but that's just my taste. The restaurant interior is undergoing some changes, so it wouldn't be fair to comment on the ambience at this time. But I liked very much the look and feel of the handmade wooden tables crafted by the owner. The service, as always, was impeccable. Thanks for adding this much-needed weekend meal to your repertoire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentStavo49Dined on 5/27/2014Just as the title says, this place is consistently excellent. Haven't had a dish I didn't like and the bread pudding is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuliaDined on 5/24/2014what did happen to our favorite place??? I would never recommend it to anybody
- Great Louisiana FoodWayneDined on 5/9/2014Dining at CreoLa is a really wonderful experience. It has great Cajun food just like the exotic wonderful food you find in the French Quarter of New Orleans. This romantic restaurant is cozy and the atmosphere is relaxed, with superb service. We enjoyed a delightful prawn appetizer, followed by delicious Alligator Picatta steak, ending with a delicious chocolate pie dessert. The Bay Area is lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant available right here in San Carlos, making a long trip to Louisiana unnecessary.Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We love CreoLa and have guests there whenever we are on town. Edwin and his fine staff take care of you from the reservation to the ordering of the fabulous New Orleans style cuisine to the service. We love the Crawfish Étouffée, the shrimp jambalaya and of course, the divine desserts...beignets , velvet, pea it butter or combo pie. Yum. Always top notch! Thank you for such highly co siste t excellence all the way around.Special Features:
- Good dining, at a good price!AlanVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is a good, sensible little restaurant, quietly 'doing its own thing'... interesting Creole food at a very reasonable price. Attentive service, too. Not sophisticated, per se, but a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 1073 reviews are from the Creola reviews archive.
- Love CreoLaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Creola is consistently good. We have been going for years and have never been disappointed. We love to do Bday celebrations there... The beads are always fun and try the biggest for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2014They were informed twice it was my birthday but made no effort to acknowledge. Other restaurants have offered a free dessert and one even gave us free corkage, but nothing from Creola. Courses came out too quickly. Entre arrived before the previous course was cleared, so we had to hand the server our plates to make room for the next course. We brought a bottle of wine which the server poured after opening. However, after that, we had to pour it ourselves. We have enjoyed many lovely dinners there in the past; this evening was disappointing.Special Features:
- chf1Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and service; went there for my husband's birthday, and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Comfortable and tastyQuietsideDined on 4/26/2014Excellent for romance or meeting friends. Experience is unhurried and a delicious cajun inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPTulleyDined on 4/26/2014Another amazing meal at Creola. Celebrated my dad's birthday and they made him feel special. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Ooh La La! Creola!TMC2014Dined on 4/20/2014Superb for Easter brunch with friends!. Food is excellent and exciting. Service superb. Don't wait for Easter -- really enjoyable place and peopleSpecial Features:
- Close and convenientAtoZVIPDined on 4/18/2014My second time to this restaurant. Staff was polite and friendly. This time they forgot one of our appetizers. My chicken breast was very small, while it was good was small for the price. The cornbread dressing that came with it wasn't like dressing more like a wet corn muffin. My boyfriends fried chicken was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChezderDined on 4/17/2014Having enjoyed living in the Crescent City for many years, I have high expectations for New Orlean's cuisine. Creola does it right and does it well. Over the years I have ever been disappointed, except by stomach's limitations. The flavors are authentic and the portions generous without being absurd. While it end to stick with the traditional fare of gumbo, étouffée and seasonal specials, I would bet that the gator would be every bit as good. My only suggestion is the the wait staff be better schooled in the intricacies and complexities of the menu. My compliments to owner, Edward.Special Features:
- Great Southern Cuisine at CreolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and I tried crawfish, shrimp creola and alligator piccata for food and French 75 & Sazerac for drinks, everything was delicious. The service was also outstanding. The interior of the place could be improved though, there isn't much to experience in terms of ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet oasis in San CarlosjksancarlosVIPDined on 4/10/2014We have been here twice in a couple of weeks because we feel like we've stubbled onto a real gem. It has a charming quiet atmosphere and excellent service. We've enjoyed our food both times. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a party of 9 last nightOpt1VIPDined on 4/9/2014We had a party of 9 last night and they can still able to accommodate us with an earlier time slot was totally appreciated. Been there a few times and food is excellent. Especially their buttermilk brined fried chicken is always my favorite. They change their special occasionally and we had corn bread instead of baguette last night which we very tasty. The services was very good as well.Special Features:
- Good as usualWendyDined on 4/6/2014We go to Creola for special occasions because it is a 40 minute drive from our home but it is always worth it. We went with friends to have the crawfish special. We called ahead to make sure they would still have some and we were assured that they would hold some for us. They were delicious and so was our dinner.Special Features:
- Food is always terrificCherieDined on 3/29/2014As always, we enjoyed our dinner on Saturday night, the food is consistently wonderful. The only thing we don't like is that the wine list is changing all of the time. As soon as we find one we like, it goes away.Special Features: