344 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.creolabistro.com/
- Phone: (650) 654-0882
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:30 - 2:30 pm
Sunday, Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Edwin Caba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all levels of Catering. From just a quick drop off to a customized event to suite all needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering hosting your next event at CreoLa Bistro
Whether you are hosting a rehearsal dinner, a board meeting or celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, CreoLa makes entertaining easy. Work with our experienced party planner to tailor each aspect of your party to your needs - for events of all types. Create custom designed place cards and select a light menu for your bridesmaids' luncheon, host clients and treat them to one of our decadent tasting menus. At CreoLa, we pamper you and your guests with unparalleled hospitality and cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Edwin Caba 6506540882x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday 7-10 PM.
- Special Events: Mardi Gras Menu. Monday - Thursday, 4 Course Menu $28
A word from Creola
We hope that you will dine with us soon for an authentic New Orleans dining experience - One that goes beyond Cajun! To enhance your dining experience, we fly in the finest seafood and products available from the Louisiana Gulf Coast and Bayou Regions. We believe that it is these indigenous products that ensure the authenticity of flavors and the integrity of our Creole and Cajun Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creola reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always wonderfulPTulleyDined on 11/18/2014We have been here numerous times and it's alway great. Nothing bad on the menu. Super nice staff, treat you better than family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. Service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014My guest had the fried chicken and said it was the best she had ever eaten. I love the gumbo and catfish whidh is always tasted and served to perfection. The service was great, very attentive and gracious. Creola is a favorite because of it consistency with the food and service. If I have a special occasion or just want to have some good food, Creola is my number one choice for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely comfortieat2liveDined on 10/31/2014The 4 course meal was heavy which was undoubtedly comforting. I finished eveything on my plate and felt very full. The flavor needed more kick (heat). I was very impressed with was the corn bread. It was freshly baked, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, goodness!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning FavoritesYummiesDined on 10/25/2014We always enjoyed Creola. We think it is one of the best New Orelean's food you can get in this area. We have been dining here at least over 15years and still enjoy coming each time. Staff is always friendly and we enjoy every thing on the menu. We also enjoy the bar drinks & beer selections, never disappointing. Also, since my husband is on a low-sodium diet, Edwin was very accommodating in having choices. Thank you.Special Features:
- Taste of N'OrelansfoodieDined on 10/18/2014We came after seeing the review in Open Table; we were staying overnight nearby The location is unremarkable, you could easily drive by without noticing it, and the walls and floors have the feel of below sea level New Orleans. The menu is small but full of amazingly tasty creole foods. WE had the gumbo soup, a salad and the Sunday Chicken dinner. They were all marvelous. The pecan pie with a layer of cheese cake was also delicious though Id prefer a less crusty pecan top. The servers were excellent; service is at a nice leisurely pace. Family friendly.
- Never better!!IamBMWVIPDined on 10/15/2014I have been to Creola's several times before, but not in the last two years - I am thrilled to return to the wonderful flavors, the delicious complementary textures and richness of sauces in the foods I ordered. I am a HUGE fan of the catfish and while I passed on dessert this time, my colleagues were ecstatic about the bread pudding and the beignets. I also love the service - which is always top notch! Such a local GEM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor acousticsChumVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a favorite spot of ours. The food is authentic with just the right amount of Louisiana heat. The support wait staff is attentive and the entire staff is friendly. There were several groups dining this particular night, which elevated the noise to an uncomfortable level. Next time we will go earlier in the evening to avoid the multiple groups. Save room for dessert...you won't be disappointed :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service ButOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful evening with our party of 11 at Creola. The food, as always, was superb. We had many different dishes and each one was perfectly prepared. Unfortunately, one of the people in our party didn't get his dinner due to a mix-up with his order, Once the waiter was informed of the mistake, he brought out two additional appetizers and then finally, the entrée. Instead of more food, the right thing to do should have been not to charge us for his dinner. This is what most good restaurants do. It was a large bill and we left a very good tip, but it probably would have been larger had the one dinner been taken off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GumbohappycustVIPDined on 9/24/2014We still enjoyed the food---seems to have slipped slightly from several years ago. Got our gumbo fix---very good. Disappointed that they were our of the white Bordeaux on the menu and also out of gin---not a good thing for a restaurant! Staff was very accommodating.
- Great food and great value!tzep202Dined on 9/18/2014The $30 dinner menu is really a great value. You get a choice of appetizer, a salad, entree and dessert. It was a lot of food! We really liked the corn muffins and you get to chose a regular menu dessert at the end. I love the bread pudding! We ordered different entrees and they were all very good. I am trying to watch my diet but had to let that go for one night. The mashed potatoes that came with my crispy fried chicken was buttery and rich. My friend got the catfish. It was tender but a bit salty for her tastes. My husband got the flavorful jambalaya but there was only one slice of andouille sausage in the dish. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner. The food was really good. If you want value and quality, this is it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Superb New Orleans Food!NewOrleansNativeDined on 9/18/2014We have found that this is THE place to eat authentic New Orleans type food! Love, love, love the seafood gumbo and crawfish hushpuppies! Every time we go to Creola we order something different and we are never disappointed! I wish I could eat here everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch!pamtleeDined on 9/13/2014It was really quiet for a Sat noon, but the food was delicious and service was fine. Dishes are a little pricey, but I did really enjoy them! We ordered the okra, hush puppies, shrimp/grits, fried chicken, and an egg/ham/muffin dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NOLA foodelGrecoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great New Orleans/Creole/Cajun cuisine! Very casual place, it's all about the food.Special Features:
- Not so hot, hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014While it had a seemingly good menu, the food was average. I don't think it is a repeat for us.
- Excellent and UnpretentiouskhadzDined on 8/9/2014We decided to try this place based on good reviews. Once we got to the restaurant everything was great. The staff was attentive and friendly, and the food was great. Boyfriend had the roast chicken which was cooked perfectly, and started out with some amazing gumbo. It's a good sign when simple roast chicken can wow. I had the $30 menu, which included appetizer (hushpuppies were delicious), entree ($10 extra for filet mignon, totally worth it), and dessert (French Silk "pie", tartlike, it was ok). The food wasn't overly "fussy", and the decor matched. Simple decorations, but nicely done and clean. I would come back here in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a Fabulous Find !LouisianaDeuxDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant never disappoints ! Excellent food and service. We also ordered food from the catered list for a family party : crawfish hushpuppies and jambalaya. Everyone raved about both dishes !! Many thanks again !Special Features:
- Great Cajun Food!V4c4t10n3r88Dined on 8/5/2014You don't have to go to New Orleans to taste excellent Cajun food!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceEastBayFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Refreshingly different style of cuisine in this region of the Bay Are peninsula. Good food and service. Definitely plan to return, and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!GailDined on 7/27/2014Tuna Tartare was not at home on the Menu and was the most IMPRESSIVE item we ate. The Fried Chicken was also excellent! Great place to have a nice dinner. Cocktails need a little improving however, I ordered a Hurricane and it tasted mostly like punch. Overall, it was a wonderful meal and we were very satisfied.Special Features:
- The following 1094 reviews are from the Creola reviews archive.
- TanteJulieVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time we tried this restaurant. Had lunch. The Ahi Taco Tartare was delicious. As were the Boudin Balls. Met the Owner/Chef. He was delightful. Will definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 7/25/2014Love the fried okra, fried pickles, crawfish hush puppies and the complimentary cornbread. My fried chicken lunch was perfect portion and cooked to my liking. And, we never leave w/out having their beignets and combo pie.Special Features:
- consistent and deliciousSande55Dined on 7/19/2014If you like restaurants that you revisit because you like certain items on the menu, than Creola is the spot for you. The menu doesnt seem to change much from the times we have visited. The food is always tasty, and not overly spicy. The tuna is cooked to perfection each time, and is my favorite item there. Sides and salad okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was 'OK'OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014It wasn't terrible. It just wasn't great. A friend gave us a gift certificate for $100..my comment to my husband when we left was "I'm glad we didn't have to pay the entire bill."
- Creole cooking at its bestJohnVIPDined on 6/27/2014The fried Okra is special. My female dinner companion ate 2# of the crayfish with a real relish!! Excellent fried chicken.Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 6/25/2014CreoLa remains one of our all time favorite restaurants in the SF Bay Area. The wait staff are always professional and friendly, and the food is divine. Our favorites include the fish taco appetizer, crawfish and shrimp étouffée and for desert, tough choices between the beignets and the velvet or peanut butter pie or the combo pie for those who can't make up their minds. Thank you owner, Chef Edwin, for yet another great night at your place!Special Features:
- Pleasant meal!EatoutoftenDined on 6/24/2014The service was nice, we all had the $30 prefixe menu. The apps were good for each of us (party of 4), the salad was ok, nothing special about it. Two of us had the fried chicken, 1 had the jambalaya, & 1 had a fried soft shell crab w/étouffée. Everything was good, except the crab's crust was a bit thick, & the portions were good. Desserts were beignets (kind of doughy), bread pudding, panna cotta, & silk pie. When I made the reservation, I noted that 2 of the 4 were celebrating our birthdays...no acknowledgement made by the restaurant. Overall, a nice dinner. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAgirlDined on 6/22/2014We have been regular customers for many years. The staff is very efficient, courteous and friendly. They recognize us and try exceptionally hard to provide excellent service, which we appreciate. Edwin never fails to greet his guests, which is a so-important gesture of appreciation. We love the food. It is well cooked, presented, and it reflects the cuisine of the South with a little California twist that we love. I think the greatest compliment is one my husband made the other night, "I have never had a bad meal here." I share his words. Creola is clearly a little gem in San Carlos. We feel a kinship with our native home, New Orleans, whenever we visit the restaurant and eat the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CcyberchompDined on 6/22/2014Food was quite good. The special menus add some value (Mardi Gras, Monday) and are offered nightly. Service needs a little work. My companion's salad never arrived as part of her Mardi Gras special dinner. We asked for separate checks but the checks were all screwed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anhtuanVIPDined on 6/20/2014Mardi Gras Menu is a Phamily favorite. Fried chicken is yum and filling. Likely could split this and still be full. More room for apps!Special Features:
- Close restaurant while remodelingDomedionDined on 6/14/2014They were not any rugs - they are redoing the rooms. We were sat in a dark corner, hard to read menu , not very pleasant. We had reservations. Hard to see what we were eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and great food!JazzygalDined on 6/10/2014It was the first time I had been back to Creola for a while. We were greeted warmly. The staff was very attentive . The choices on the menu were very good. Excellent taste on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencesfsmrevDined on 6/5/2014Reservation ready - no waiting. Nice Waitperson, Great Food, a bit of a wait for the food to come out, but worth the wait. Really delicious appetizer, soup, main course and dessert.Special Features:
- Reliably ExcellentPathologistDined on 6/1/2014We eat hear about once a year because the food quality is always excellent.Special Features:
- Congrats on your Brand New BrunchkubdaDined on 6/1/2014Being among the first to taste your new Brunch menu, I can say it is outstanding. The Seafood Eggs Benedict was excellent. I asked for and received the Bourbon Hollandaise sauce because I wanted something less acidic than the Creole sauce. It contributed a mellow flavor. Next time I would also ask for a more highly seasoned seafood mixture, but that's just my taste. The restaurant interior is undergoing some changes, so it wouldn't be fair to comment on the ambience at this time. But I liked very much the look and feel of the handmade wooden tables crafted by the owner. The service, as always, was impeccable. Thanks for adding this much-needed weekend meal to your repertoire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentStavo49Dined on 5/27/2014Just as the title says, this place is consistently excellent. Haven't had a dish I didn't like and the bread pudding is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuliaDined on 5/24/2014what did happen to our favorite place??? I would never recommend it to anybody
- Great Louisiana FoodWayneDined on 5/9/2014Dining at CreoLa is a really wonderful experience. It has great Cajun food just like the exotic wonderful food you find in the French Quarter of New Orleans. This romantic restaurant is cozy and the atmosphere is relaxed, with superb service. We enjoyed a delightful prawn appetizer, followed by delicious Alligator Picatta steak, ending with a delicious chocolate pie dessert. The Bay Area is lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant available right here in San Carlos, making a long trip to Louisiana unnecessary.Special Features:
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We love CreoLa and have guests there whenever we are on town. Edwin and his fine staff take care of you from the reservation to the ordering of the fabulous New Orleans style cuisine to the service. We love the Crawfish Étouffée, the shrimp jambalaya and of course, the divine desserts...beignets , velvet, pea it butter or combo pie. Yum. Always top notch! Thank you for such highly co siste t excellence all the way around.Special Features:
- Good dining, at a good price!AlanVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is a good, sensible little restaurant, quietly 'doing its own thing'... interesting Creole food at a very reasonable price. Attentive service, too. Not sophisticated, per se, but a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Love CreoLaDCgirlDined on 5/3/2014Creola is consistently good. We have been going for years and have never been disappointed. We love to do Bday celebrations there... The beads are always fun and try the biggest for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.