2436 14th St. NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cremedc.com/
- Phone: 2022341884
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Creme
Creme Restaurant & Bar is the premier casual and fine dining destination for all to enjoy in the Washington DC metropolitan area. The neighborhood establishment, based on 14th Street NW just north of U Street, aims to provide award winning food, amazing service and a friendly atmosphere. We're located right below Capitol View on 14th, a LEED Platinum Certified community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Creme reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (34)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Work in ProgressMScholarC04VIPDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant itself was pleasant enough. The menu was fairly priced and the portion size is good. And while I appreciate an attentive waiter I felt my date and I were interrupted a few times too many. That probably stemmed from being overeager to help and very sparse crowd but it annoyed me. And your American Express credit card reader is acting up so do you have a different credit card? That really turned me off; if the swipe fee is too high, just don't accept the card at all, Creme.
- It was just mehdcfoodie2014Dined on 9/28/2014Nothing very exciting or interesting here. Just regular brunch food that you can get anywhere. A plain boring menu. Nothing makes their entrees special. No reason to wait for a table at Creme, just go anywhere else, anywhere else.
- Glorified Applebee's?IrishdroogDined on 9/26/2014After hearing great things about their brunch, and since I live close to their new location (14th & Belmont/Chapin), I decided to take a date to Creme on Friday night. I'm going to rate this restaurant based on what I paid. Our bill was $120 ($96 + tip). Assuming you get what you pay for, I was pretty underwhelmed. Lighting was too bright and not intimate, waiter seemed a too old and low-key, no draft beer, only 3 types of red wine and one of them (the cheapest) was out, the "crab" hush puppies had zero crab taste (supposedly 60% crab meat), steaks were overcooked and bland (rib-eye and sirloin), plating of food was as if I did it myself, asked to take one steak to go and was given Styrofoam container to "box" it ourselves.
- Creme is back!Foodie202301703VIPDined on 9/24/2014Yes, Creme is back and better than ever! The food, staff and new location are the absolute best. Be sure to try the nightly special since it is always a great hidden jewel!Special Features:
- The MiMOSTaBillyBlessedDined on 9/21/2014had Sunday brunch and it was the absolute most. From Marvin our server who was great toconversations with the tables next to us. The food, Oh the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MrhungryDined on 9/14/2014Excellent food, service, restaurant and good location!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L8224CDined on 9/12/2014The only comment would be to make certain that food is served hot. The food, itself, is tasty and plentiful, just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceVeggieDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday brunch here and the whole thing was great. The service was excellent and the food was definitely tasty. They helped me adjust the reservation a few days before the brunch and the owner even came over to say Happy Birthday to my husband. All in all, great experience.Special Features:
- I loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Creme twice now and the food is AMAZING!!! Both times I ordered the chicken and waffles because it's just that good a lot of the other food looks amazing but I had to have the chicken and waffles. I recently went to the new location on 14th St and everything was great! I went for Brunch on Sat made a reservation actually arrived 30mins prior to the reservation and was accommodated with no problem. Great people, great service and most of all GREAT FOOD!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have to go back!!!FoodnDrinkCriticDined on 8/17/2014Great place to eat and have a great time! The bar tenders and servers actually speak and interact with the customers! The owner is actually at the restaurant and helping serve and accommodate guest! I'll definitely come back to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDMG1978Dined on 8/17/2014The food and staff are always great at creme. They were very accommodating of my last minute increase in party size. I love their chicken n waffles, shrimp n grits, cheese grits and bacon...the unlimited mimosas are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantrdturner127Dined on 8/17/2014I ate a Creme today for the first time since it moved to the new location on 14th Street NW, and must say it hasn't missed a beat. The menu offered several tasty treats, which made it hard to choose, but I had the shrimp and grits for the fist time with an make-your-own omelet. Both were delish! The grits serving was enough for one meal on its own, so I had enough for left overs even after splitting it with a friend. My waiter was attentive without being overbearing. The restaurant was not packed, but it was busy. But the food came out quickly and hot. The atmosphere was was welcoming and the staff friendly. I would recommend this restaurant as a great brunch destination for anyone who enjoys good food.Special Features:
- BWiseDined on 8/16/2014The food just isn't impressive or even DC restaurant-quality.
- Brunch at CremeSavory2sweetDined on 8/10/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Creme for Sunday brunch with an out of town guest. The service was great and the mimosas were fantastic! We both ordered the shrimp and grits which were yummy, the sausage added the perfect amount of spice. The restaurant is small, but it was the perfect place to catch up with an old friend. I'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place, small spaceFoodeegirlDined on 8/3/2014When Creme moved, I thought it would be to a bigger space. The new place is just as small. They have a bar and happy hour now. My experience was great. The food is still delicious! The service was awesome! I've always been a fan of Creme and waited patiently for them to reopen. It was nice to see they didn't change much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new space is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Love the new space! Small but awesome. Love the Brunch at Crème!Special Features:
- Mostly awfulJeffykayVIPDined on 7/13/20141/3 of our meal never arrived. Orders around us were screwed up. Coffee and water refills were nearly impossible to get. The staff treated customers like nuisances.
- Just okJasonDined on 7/6/2014Food ok ! Service kind slow ... They just started on 14 st , maybe is soft opening that's why ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014The brunch menu at Creme was the same as it was before they closed and tasted just as good as I rememberSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Creme reviews archive.