Creme Restaurant and Lounge
518 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Creme Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cremebalt.com/
- Phone: 4438693381
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Creme Restaurant and Lounge
Creme Restaurant & Lounge is Baltimore's premiere Casual-Fine Dining experience, specializing in American cuisine with Southern nuances in every dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Creme Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
Creme Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (16)special occasion (16)romantic (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Has potentialjoelDined on 8/15/2014Food was good, service was ok. Not recommended if your in a rush or on a timeline. Small menueSpecial Features:
- Outstanding FoodPKM1Dined on 8/13/2014We were seated by the window with a view of people walking by on the tree lined sidewalk. The large dining room with the high ceiling could have been noisy, but was not because of the seating arrangements. Dinner was delicious. The mushroom appetizer included cut up mushrooms in a wine and buttery sauce over tiny spinach leaves. We had two different entrées. One was salmon grilled and placed on rissoto. The other was 12-hour short ribs that needed no knife. Desert included a banana nut bread pudding with a caramel sauce. The waiter had just right amount of care without being too solicitous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creme brunchDCFoodieDined on 8/10/2014Went to creme for the first time for restaurant week. The location was easy to find and found free parking around the corner. My boyfriend had the salmon hash as his first course and I had the shrimp and grits. He loved the salmon hash and I thought the shrimp and grits were ok, I've definitely had better, it could have been more flavorful. We both had the chicken and waffles for the 2nd course, the dish consisted of 2 whole wings and a 1/2 of a waffle. We both enjoyed the chicken and waffles. The portion sizes were just right when u combined both dishes, just enough to fill you up but not too much where you leave feeling stuffed. Although if I just had 1 course instead of 2, then you might leave feeling hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food is very well prepared and presented in an attractive manner.. They did not have one item on the menu advertised for restaurant week which was limited to begin with, and that was disappointing since it was something that I was interested in trying.. Also, there is a small charge for bread and when I ordered it, I was presented with 3 slices of a sliced, room temperature "wonder bread" type.
- Restaurant Week for BrunchKylieDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I decided Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to try a new spot for brunch. The food was really good, but the portion sizes were a bit disappointing -- we both left still feeling hungry. We had 2 waiters, both were polite and made sure to come by from time-to-time to fill our waters and help if we needed anything further. The live jazz band they had playing was great.
- Remember Louie's?AndrewDined on 8/2/2014Creme is in the old Louie's space (and whatever is was after that... ) but with a dramatically different feel. Clean and modern, with a upscale vibe. Definitely not Louie's, but that's OK. We went the first Sat. of Restaurant Week 2014, and it was surprisingly quiet. The food was phenomenal, esp. the crab beignets. I would like to go back on a normal night to see and sample the full menu. The wine list was sparse but manageable. Our server must have been new or in training, but that didn't take anything away from the experience. We were attended to plentifully and even chatted it up with the manager. Nice place, nice people, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaydinnerDined on 8/1/2014Food was excellent for every course. The service was bad. The servers did not know the menu and had never tasted the food. Everything took a long time.
- Fantastic Girlfriend OutingCassie349VIPDined on 8/1/2014It was time for our girlfriend outing and none of them had ever been to Creme's. I have been there on several occasions since they opened in Baltimore . I made reservations and all of them were pleased. We had the best time. Our servers were excellent and the food was fantastic as usual. Most ordered the warm Caesar salad and I and one other friend had the greens salad. Everyone looked it. It was the first time I had the baby kale with watermelon and oh was it great. Our next course was 5 short rib of beef and one shrimp and grits. Wow it he beef melted in your mouth and of course the shrimp and grits was great also. Desserts were bread pudding and cornbread tiramisu both were soooo good. We had a great girlfriend outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service by TrezgoodfoodlovingDined on 7/11/2014Friendly Maitre D, great food, but mostly superb service by TrezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchkateewaldVIPDined on 7/4/2014My first visit to Creme was ok. Not great, not bad. The brunch food was passable. The extensive list of types of eggs benedict have made me curious enough to go back, certainly. The egg was poached perfectly when we ordered the classic take on the dish. My shrimp & grits were nice and spicy, but a little underwhelming (so much sauce that the grits didn't soak up)! Our server was (admittedly) new. He was a little too hands-on, although very nice and gave good recommendations. Still, we don't need you to ask us 3 times if we want anything to drink other than our waters and iced teas...we said no the first 2 times. The host (or manager?) was absolutely wonderful. I'm willing to go back to try dinner and brunch again.Special Features:
- Extremely poor dining experienceEAB11Dined on 5/16/2014Family and I dined at Creme last week. I had been to the restaurant on one prior occasion, for a very average brunch, so I had expected an ok dining experience. Instead, we had a really terrible dinner. We were one of only three groups of people in the restaurant (pairs) yet the wait for the food was abnormally long--it took 45 minutes. The salmon was completely uncooked and had to be reprepared. Everything else was extremely salty (the beef shortrib, potatoes, and even the vegetables) and kind of gross. Even the lemonade was gross--very sugary and syrupy. We expressed our displeasure to the staff and while they were apologetic, they reminded us to tip on the full amount of the bill which I found highly inappropriate given the situation.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Creme is one of the best restaurants baltimore has to offer. The staff is always very pleasant and the food is really good. The best part is the bottomless mimosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at Creme..TinyTinkVIPDined on 5/4/2014I enjoy every moment of my experience whenever I'm at Creme....from the food to the staff.... Pure Excellence!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fail...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We were rushing to find reservations for that night. I read the reviews for Creme, and thought it was a sensible choice; overall they had pretty good ratings, with the occasional bad review, but every place gets them once in awhile. I was a bit anxious when we arrived because it was 7:30 pm and the place was basically deserted. I think four tables were occupied. I felt bad for Edward our waiter. Nice guy, but he was the only one, it took forever to get drinks (he was also bartender that night), and we had to wait 45 min for our food. It was blamed on the chicken, but the piece was so tiny it should NOT have taken that long to cook. I got the meat and potatoes; meat was good; potatoes were so salty! Not going again. Disappointed.
- Excellent Sunday!ReneeDined on 4/27/2014had a great time! The service was excellent and the food was delicious! My mimosas were indeed bottomless.Special Features:
- brunchBequebelleDined on 4/27/2014I had Sunday brunch with a girlfriend and it was delicious. The best part for me was the jazz trio that started at noon! They have a baby grand on a small stage right in the front window. It's a beautiful space in an old, restored Mt. Vernon mansion.Special Features:
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our anniversary date here. Peace in quiet not, service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++++++Apple2518Dined on 4/25/2014The food was great. Service was out of this world. We went for dinner and we loved it so much that we went back two days later for brunch. Must try.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014We recently moved to Baltimore and wanted a new restaurant to go to. This turned out to be a great find. We had a great date night. Our waiter's name was Edward and he was wonderful. We will definitely be dining there again. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Creme Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2014First visit and will not be the last. Limited but diverse menu with excellent preparation. Save room for desert.
- Arrived with GrouponBookbooks2009Dined on 4/20/2014I made a reservation stating I had a Groupon for Easter day. Even though the Groupon listed no blackout days we were forced to pay for our meal. The owner was rude & not customer friendly.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2014The service was pretty good, however the portions are very small. I ordered the shrimp and grits because I had read such great reviews about it however it was not that great to me and it was more sauce than food. Def don't come hungry. The mimosas were pretty good and bottomless. That was really the best part. I've never been here for dinner but if the portions are anything like the brunch I would save my money.
- Reservation OnlySarahDined on 3/30/2014Even though the restaurant only seats reservations there is still a lengthy wait time. Many tables were empty but we still had to wait almost thirty minutes with a reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceTinyTinkVIPDined on 3/30/2014Our Server (Edward) was the best. That's in addition to the wonderful food and relaxed atmosphere. Love Love Love!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowCharmcityDined on 3/26/2014Booked a reservation on line based upon other consumer reviews of this restaurant prior to heading to Center Stage. Menu offers terrific variety... something for everyone. The food presentation was very nice but, the taste was even better!! Our Waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about each dish. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to its potentialMECCDined on 3/21/2014Creme's location, online menu, and appearance were promising, but unfortunately the food didn't live up to our hopes. Our salad came without any dressing, which the waiter realized and corrected when he came by about 10 minutes later. The crab cakes had bits of shell in every bite-- one or two is to be expected with a handmade crabcake, but there was so much that it was hard to get past it to enjoy the actual taste. The steak had good flavor thanks to a nice rub, but was rare instead of medium well as requested. On a more positive note, the coconut cake dessert was tasty- light and flavorful. Other than a forgotten steak knife, the service was decent and the waitstaff attentive.
- Excellent ExperienceJdubz85Dined on 3/15/2014The service, food, and location were excellent. The drinks were exceptionally well-made too! I just loved it and highly recommend it. I'm excited to try the brunch on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for great meal....IlovetoeatoutDined on 3/15/2014Both my wife and I really enjoyed Crème. The food was excellent. Perfect sized portions. I had the shrimp and grits; best I ever had. She had the short ribs and they were fantastic too. The ambience was excellent situated in the first floor of an old home in the Mount Vernon area. We were not rushed and the service was perfect. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service and foodast83VIPDined on 3/9/2014Never again, the food was awful, drinks were weak and service was one of the worst I have received
- Cool atmosphere!ThreesACharmDined on 3/2/2014Came here for brunch on my birthday. The live jazz bad was a pleasant surprise, loved their music! The restaurant was pretty packed, but not overwhelming. Our server was very nice and was sure to check in with us, despite the Sunday brunch rush. The food was delicious! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont Miss OutTinyTinkVIPDined on 2/28/2014Everything was wonderful. The staff was pleasant and the food was delicious. I think I have a new found Favorite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YEEES!!FirstTimerDined on 2/23/2014I love everything about my visit to Crème! The hostesses were cordial and professional. The food was delicious! We went during Restaurant Week and let me say, they did not do as many others and only offer their least popular dishes. This menu was the best of the best. I couldn't believe the options...We wanted everything! We went for brunch and had the shrimp and grits (delicious), chicken and waffles (X2) Don't share these! Get your own. Trust me! We didn't have room for the French toast, but it looked amazing. The crab benedict (not the actual name of the dish) was the only disappointment. I won't give any details other than there was no lump crabmeat and nothing special about the dish. Skip it. But, everything else was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK...LuvtoeatDined on 2/22/2014I don't want to write a bad review so I will keep it short. Our meals were comped by the manager/owner Ezra. Crème can be a nice spot, just needs some work. Both front and back of the house.
- My dinner was delicious. ILive2EatDined on 2/22/2014My dinner was delicious. I had the braised short ribs entrée with spinach and au gratin potatoes. The ribs were extremely tender and delicious. My BF had the Teriyaki Salmon which was extremely salty for some reason. Not sure if the Chef was heavy handed with the salt not considering the salt level In teriyaki sauce, I'm not sure. Our waiter was not so good. He talked extremely fast and made it very hard to understand him. He was very rushed and brisk with our orders and tending to our requests. The ambiance is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMissTTjonesDined on 2/22/2014I came for my friends birthday on a Saturday night. We were seated right away, however the server who brought the water did not speak to us at all (which was weird). Next our server cam but he spoke really quickly and was not articulate- he almost seemed like he was high or something. The food was pretty good, but the salmon was just too salty. When my sister told our server how salty the salmon was, he just walked away without offering another option or sending the manager over or anything. The ambiance and atmosphere was very nice, so all in all I'd say it's worth checking out but the service needs to step it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014We went on Friday night of restaurant week. The restaurant was not that busy and it took about 30 mins for the server to take our order. We got our appetizers in a reasonable amount of time, but it was over 70 mins before we received our entrees. We had shrimp risotto for our app - fine for restaurant week, but I would have been disappointed if I'd paid full price. It's a spoon of risotto smeared on a plate with 2 shrimp on skewers. It did taste great though. The meat and potatoes are to die for...hefty serving, tender beef. Scrumptious. Coconut cake and Chocolate mousse were also scrumptious. We had reservations to return for brunch, but decided to skip given our dinner experience. I would recommend this restaurant for take-out.Special Features:
- The food was good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014The food was good, however the service was extremely slow. By the time we received our food I had lost my appetite. They need to hire more servers.
- Birthday DinnerelleiraDined on 2/16/2014A group of us went there for a birthday celebration. it was restaurant week so the menu was slightly limited. nonetheless, the Food was great, service was great, seating was great, ambiance was great. I have absolutely no complaints. Brandon was an Awesome server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very Very Slow ServiceJillDined on 2/16/2014We arrived at 5:55 for a six oclock reservation and the entire place was locked up and dark. I called the number and they informed me that they would be opening in five minutes. The doors opened at six and the staff was really not ready. They were still lighting all the candles and getting organized. There was one waiter for the entire place that night so it was a good thing we were the only group there at first. We attempted to order a beer from what he called a full service bar, but quickly realized they only had three varieties of bottles. It took almost 90 minutes for our appetizers to show up. When they did arrive, they were hot and excellent. Our meals arrived next and they were amazing but very small portions.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014My boyfriend and I were in baltimore for a weekend getaway from New York. I spent time Serching for a great resturant and I def found one with Creme. Brandon Our watier was amazing, his recomendations were great and he was so friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.