1322 U St NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
U Street Corridor
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cremedc.com/
- Phone: 2022341885
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: special event up to 50 guests
A word from Creme Cafe
Located on the lively U st Corridor, Creme Cafe is a great place to enjoy yourself, day or night. Serving up award winning classic American fare, with a southern twist. Creme has an outstanding dinner, as well as one of the best brunch scenes is the city. Stop by and enjoy great food, and swing by the bar to try some of our great hand-crafted, home infused cocktails sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creme Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Charming space, food and serverKerrbearDined on 10/12/2013Seems like a nice place but they weren't totally on their game. 6:30 saturday night and we were the only diners. Music was a little loud for an empty room, and they made small mistakes on both appetizers (forgot cheese on mushrooms, overcooked hush puppies.) waiter corrected both issues cheerfully. Shrimp and grits was GREAT. I would give them one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it for chicken and wafflesKikiDVIPDined on 9/29/2013We went here on the recommendation of the fried chicken and waffles. Had never even dawned on me that this combination should be paired together. After having them, why did it take so long to come up with this! The crispy chicken was flavourful and juicy. With a touch of sweetness only a small amount of syrup is needed. Pair that with bottomless mimosas and it makes for a great little brunch. The atmosphere is not fancy but comfortable. I would recommend to anyone for the chicken and waffles because that's all we had and probably only will have at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013This is the perfect little spot for brunch. Great food and nice crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and QuaintFoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2013It is best to make a reservation as this hidden wonder was bustling. It is not very large so without a reservation it could take a while to be seated. The Chicken and Waffles were amazing.Special Features:
- Love the bottomless mimosaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2013Great place for brunch and reasonably priced, especially the bottomless mimosa or Bloody Mary for $16.Special Features:
- Great food, poor everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013Had a 2 o'clock reservation but there were no tables open. I noticed 5 tables with their checks but the waiters continued to refill their drinks. As the line grows to 5 parties waiting I was finally seated after 45 minutes. Our server wasn't very personable. He up sells us the unlimited mimosas for 18 (price of 2) and suggests the crab cake to my friend telling her its a filling size. Come to find out he's actually never had it, it's small and isn't good. I had the Belgian waffle, delicious, but I got 2 scrambled eggs with cheese that were all cheese. While we're still on our first mimosa the server brings our check without offering us a second round and charged us for unlimited drinks. After waiting 45 minutes we were pushed out after 25.Special Features:
- DisappointmentCastle81VIPDined on 6/23/2013I selected this restaurant after seeing it got decent reviews for its shrimp and grits. While service was fine (albeit an awkward interaction regarding whether the cooking staff would allow a side of milk for coffee versus plain cream), the food was less than stellar. The grits were nonexistent and the overall look of the meal was unappetizing. My friend ordered a bunch of sides for her breakfast and that seemed to work out ok.
- Good potentialA4wingedlionDined on 6/9/2013I think it could be more than it is. A lil pricy for the type of food.. Some cushions on the seat would have been nice but over all good..Special Features:
- Creme de la Creme!ladystylistDined on 6/1/2013Had a great time with my girlfriend for a birthday dinner on Saturday night. The food was fantastic the service was top notch and the restaurant itself is truly lovely. I've been in for brunch once before and dinner we just as enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good Choice For Lincoln, BohemianGreatServiceAtHarrysVIPDined on 5/24/2013If you're planning a night out in the U Street Corridor, this is a decent choice for a good dinner. Avoid the crab hushpuppies - you really can't taste the crab.
- Keep it simpleMariaDined on 5/18/2013Although the crab cakes that I ordered were ok, most in my group ordered food that was over cooked and smothered with the same "BBQ gravy). The ribs, steak and lamb chops were barely edible although the cat fish po boy wasn't bad. If u have the misfortune of eating there again I would keep it simple.
- Dining as the ONLY customers thereDionDined on 5/15/2013My Fiance' and I had a great time at the Creme Cafe. I had the Shrimp & Grits while she had lump Crab Cakes. We were the only two people dining at the restaurant. We ate while watching the Playoff game on a mounted TV over the bar. With no other customers in the restaurant, we felt we owned the place lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creme cafeCeekaayDined on 5/11/2013This restaurant should close immediately. My party of 6 recently dined here to celebrate Mother's Day. The food ranged from bad to horrible. The skirt steak was smothered in what was described as a Demi glacé. What arrived at the table was a runny, salty mess of liquid gravy. Crab cakes were mushy and terribly salty. The hamburger didn't cover the bun. And the bun, while grills, was soaked in butter. The cocktails were the best the on the menu. But the waitress kept trying to take the half empty glasses before we could finish. After such bad entrees, we decided to forego desert.
- Very small but food is goodAtlcarolinaDined on 4/28/2013The time we went, it was real nosy but the food was very good.Special Features:
- We ate here prior to attending1oldsrfrVIPDined on 4/23/2013We ate here prior to attending a Tuesday performance at Studio Theatre, and were the first diners of the evening and pretty much had the place to ourselves. So we got really attentive service. The food is southern comfort style, and for us, all veggies, fish and seafood. Fresh ingredients, lots of soul and love in every dish. We will return.Special Features:
- This was my 2nd time at CremeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013This was my 2nd time at Creme Cafe, and as before, I truly enjoyed my dinner. My boyfriend and I have made Creme Cafe our place to go for a delicious late night meal. The food was well prepared, tasty to the palate. Service is excellent and the ambience was also very nice.Special Features:
- Small place but the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Small place but the food was great! I wish they had egg substituted as an option for omlettes but overall a great experience. Make sure you make reservations on Sunday for brunch! It was packed!Special Features:
- My girlfriend took me forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2013My girlfriend took me for my birthday and I gotta say the Fried Chicken and Waffles were a hit HANDS DOWN. The bottomless Mimosaswere awesome too
- Doesn't really honor reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Made a reservation days before hand and it still took them 45 mins to seat us. They put our group of 6 at a table for 4 and said that a table should open next to us and they would move one of the tables over but when they opened up they say someone down before we could move the table over. Not sure if I will be going back
- I had the French toast withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013I had the French toast with the optional 3 dollar add on of bananas foster and it was decadent!! The French Toast was just the right amount of golden crisp on the outside while melt in your mouth creamy and moist on the inside. I also got the bottomless mimosas which were just ok because I had to remind the waiter almost every time to refil my empty mimosa glass. When the place was as packed as it was flagging him down got annoying. My friend had the chicken and waffles and he was underwhelmed with the chicken but gobbled up the waffle. It was thick, buttery and crispy just like a perfect waffle should be. Overall it was good and I would come back. Overall 3.75 out of 5 stars!Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/21/2013I was very disappointed with my experience. I don't know if the restaurant has changed management or owners. But, the quality of the food, and dining experience was nothing like I remember it a couple of years ago. I won't be back unless I hear of major changes.
- Had brunch at Creme Cafe duringSaiBellaDined on 1/20/2013Had brunch at Creme Cafe during Inauguration weekend. Made reservation on open table for 2:15p. Our party of two was not seated until 2:35p. It was super busy as expected. After waiting over an hour people became frustrated and began yelling at the host. The host seemed a bit confused and could not clearly answer questions. He seemed pretty itimidated by the crowd. I order an omelet adding ingredients of my choice. The omelet was just ok, nothing special. No real flavors. My friend ordered the french toast with berries and a side of turkey sausage. She enjoyed her selection. Would not return for brunch as it was not that great. For the price it is just not worth it to me.Special Features:
- Great good, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013While the food was great, the terrible service will be the reason I don't come back or recommend this place. They failed to bring out the appetizer we ordered. They had no idea who ordered the beer and spoke to the one male in our group about the fact that they didn't have a certain beer that he ordered even though he didn't order it - it was a girl on the other end of the table. Service was slow. I had to ask for a fork before I could eat. We had to ask to have our waters refilled. I would not recommend this place.
- Made a reservation here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Made a reservation here for 7 people 2 weeks in advance and when we showed up 15 minutes before our reservation we also had to wait another hour before they even started to arrange seats for us. the host seemed unable to control the amounts of people coming in and he kept seating people with small parties rather than saving those seats for us. overall the experiences was ok, the food was delicious but that probably also had to do with the fact that by the time we were seated we were starving. the manager is also one sassy lady, when we asked if we could have something while we ordered our main meal for waiting for so long she brought out one waffle for a table of 7. talk about a rude place,Special Features:
- Went for their highly celebratedNikkiMDined on 12/2/2012Went for their highly celebrated Sunday brunch. Let me make this clear...GET A RESERVATION! Their website doesn't mention reservations for brunch, but thank goodness for OpenTable! I was able to make a 2:30pm brunch reservation through here. The restaurant is SMALL and without a reservation, you could be waiting forever. For example, we saw some people waiting when we arrived. When we finished our brunch and left out...they were still waiting. This was my second time having brunch there. I was a little hesitant because on my first visit I order shrimp and grits and didn't like it at all. My friend convinced me to return and try something else. This time it was a belgian waffle, chicken sausage, and eggs. Very simple. More enjoyable.Special Features:
- They refused to accept a promotionaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2012They refused to accept a promotional coupon for 25 dollars off a 150 meal despite the fact that we met all terms and conditions.
- Good girls night out choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Good girls night out choice friendly attentive servers middle of busy bar hop district. All the food we tried was at least decent. Drinks at $11 were just ok, imaginative names for weaker, bar brand concoctions. Thoroughly enjoyable. Don't drive , hard to park.Special Features:
- Great food options but theNiceFoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2012Great food options but the items were quite bland. Great restaurant location on U street but could use a revamp in ambiance and menu.
- A Golden Gem in U StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2012What a gem of a restaurant! The food was great and the environment both energetic and eclectic. I selected as my brunch entree, the web-recommended chicken and waffles. While not the healthiest choice, the chicken was well seasoned, succulent and juicy, with the waffle serving as the lightest bed/catch-all full of flavor and golden to perfection. The bottomless mimosas served were good (but then bottomless drinks are never a bad aspect to a brunch event.) The service was a bit slow, but considering the packed environment there is room for forgiveness. The only complaint was pertaining to the temperature in the restaurant -- it was on the warm side. All-in-all I will go back as soon as I get the opportunity.Special Features:
- Decent Food but Too PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012Food is delicious but seating is very small. Also they added service charge at 20% and tax for 2 adults and 4 children with no additional attentive service -- literally brought our food and took our order and that was about it. Menu items are alacarte and 2 links of sausage are $4. Overall good experience but won't be returning on a frequent basis until I get more for my money.Special Features:
- Good for a simple dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012This restaurant was a bit odd, because on a Friday night, there were only two other tables with people. The atmosphere was romantic and quiet, but the organization of the restaurant is in an L shape, so you feel like you're in a line with the other tables. The food and service were both very good, but they have very few beers and bottles only. I would recommend this place for getting a quick dinner before going on on U-Street, but not for a special occasion. I hear the brunch is amazing though.
- Great food, little spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Loud, crowded, and good food. Just how a popular brunch spot should be! Try not to go with a party large than 3 b/c the table space is small.Special Features:
- From the chef to the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2012From the chef to the wait staff, our experience was superb. The food was DELICIOUS!!! We brought in a birthday cake and it was served without a hitch. Thanks to everyone at Creme!!! We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Best quiche I have ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2012Best quiche I have ever had! Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- I adore Creme Cafe and haveJulesDined on 7/7/2012I adore Creme Cafe and have gone many times. My boyfriend's salmon was oustanding; my shrimp and grits wasn't the best I've had from the kitchen (the broth was yummy but a little green pepper heavy--maybe because I dropped the chorizo. The shrimp was a bit overcooked, but the grits were nice and creamy). We also had the crab hushpuppies, which were super yummy. I was devastated that they didn't have their fantastic coconut cake. Overall, it was still a very good meal. I liked that it was reasonably quiet, since I didn't have much of a voice. Service was attentive and the food came out quickly.Special Features: