162 Cumberland St.
Toronto, ON M5R 3N5Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cremebrasserie.com/
- Phone: 4169627363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Open Sunday 5:pm - 11pm
Winter hours may vary
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Ricardo Roque
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer both off site catering and on site catering. We will assist you with all your needs, including menu writing, staffing and clean up
- Entertainment: We currently provide a mix of soft dinner music
- Special Events: We host many Events at Crème. Trust us with yours and let us help you plan your next one.
- Cross Street: Avenue Rd.
- Public Transit: Bay- Yorkville Station at the Cumberland exit.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have a lot available right beside us (Renaissance Courtyard Parking), with elevator access to our front entrance. Please bring your parking stub and we will validate 2 free hours of parking for you.
A word from Creme Brasserie
Creme Brasserie offering warm hospitality, no nonsense service, and exquisite cuisine.Tucked away in the Renaissance Courtyard, Creme Brasserie is an oasis of tranquility and serenity. A sophisticated, warm and cozy restaurant located in the heart of Toronto's historic Yorkville district. We are literally steps away from the Hazelton, Park Hyatt, Four Seasons and the Intercontinental Hotels, as well as the the exquisite shopping of the Bloor Street and the Avenue Road corridor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creme Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (42)great for lunch (33)romantic (33)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- just awesomeAmirDined on 9/13/2014It was my fist time there. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. I had roasted chicken and it was awesome. The ambient was also really good. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Cigar Smoke Don't MixUrbanUofTProfDined on 9/10/2014I pass this restaurant in Yorkville as I walk from work to my home near Hazleton Ave. it looks great, the menu looked like what you see in Paris and as I had special professional colleagues coming to town I decided to give it a try. It was pouring rain so the patio was covered by an awning. On arrival we noticed half a dozen cigar smokers in the patio area. I told the hostess we would take a seat inside due to the smell. Sadly inside was no better and our meal was spoiled by ongoing cigar smoke. The staff kept the doors from the restaurant to the patio open so all the smoke produced did not rise outside and dissipate but instead get trapped by the awning and funneled inside. Yuck! I also passed by other days and cigar smokers are regulars!!
- DisapointingcitydwellerDined on 9/10/2014The menu is mediocre the quality of the food is less.
- Best Grilled OctopusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Crème Brasserie's food is awesome. The grilled octopus appetizer was the best cooked octopus I have ever tasted. One of my guests had the mussels appetizer and had the same reaction....delicious. Everything about the meal was wonderful, including the friendly and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- I'll be back for suretdotkidDined on 8/5/2014Tried this place out for lunchwith a friend of mine. It's nicely tucked away in the Renassance Court with a private patio which is really rare to find in yorkville. The food were excellent. I had the striped bass while my friend had the chicken parm sandwich. Both dishes were quite tasty and they definetly dont skip on the portions here (especially compared with most of the other Yorkville resturants). Will definetly be back again to try their dinner menu :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSLL1Dined on 7/30/2014We were a group of 6 women, enjoying an evening of friendship, discussion, and a lovely dinner. Three ordered salmon, the others the beef. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. The food was all cooked perfectly. Service was attentive. Creme never fails to please!Special Features:
- An under appreciated gem.HamiltonFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Food is excellent. We had an excellent dinner and all six "foodies" were very pleased. Each of ordered a different main douse-- the duck, striped bass, scallops, fillet, and lamb. All were terrific. The grilled squid appetizer and gazpacho were also excellent. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice French RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014A bit hard to find since you have to go in between buildings off the street. Look out for signs. Otherwise great service and a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and location!Takechanman1Dined on 7/19/2014They are located very close to shopping area in down town and have discounted parking space as well. Food were very good. We ate fish of the day and filet mignon. Tasty and very nicely provided. Waiter was very friendly and knowledge food. Well worth it for paying.Special Features:
- staff was excellent!!Brampton03Dined on 7/19/2014The staff & Manager was excellent we arrive late for our lunch reservation, and it was no problem they seat us immediately beautiful service we gotand services like that I don't forget that's why I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014pretty good place for brunch and nice outdoor table !! I got a ziti but it wasn't really good. However, the rest of foods are quite tasty especially desserts.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedFoodiegalVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was definitely my worst experience in yorkville area. The food (except for Salad!!) was so blend ; no taste, not even nice presentation! Especially the veggie sweet potato quiona dish. The chicken was burnt! I was craving for a good dessert; and the chocolate creme brûlée was far from delicious; it tasted like store bought chocolate pudding! It really failed my expectation! Service was slow, and the server wouldn't bother to come and check on us!
- Great experience!MisssillyDined on 7/16/2014Went there for a small group gathering and everything was great - atmosphere, decor and food! It didn't occur to us that it was during their Summerlicious time, so we went for that on the spot. Great menu choice. I really enjoyed the triple brie bruschetta and dark chocolate/banana creme brulee. They offer outdoor and indoor seating. We went for indoor as it was very chilly that night. It had that date night romantic kind of setting, lovely. Will return for an outdoor experience. They also offer 2 hours complimentary parking, so make sure you have your parking ticket validated. Overall a fantastic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014I recently went with a friend to enjoy a mid week summerlicious dinner. The food was great, the service was excellent and the evening was memorable. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Expensive 9 oz glass of winecfrenchyDined on 7/15/2014Wish they let people bring their own wine ! 14$ to 16$ for a 9 oz its getting out of control , they are not the only one but when you do the special 3 course meal at 35$ and you want to get a glass of wine with your dinner it certainlty adds up to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Far too expensive for not a great enough quality of food. The sauces are pre-made and cannot be altered. The entire restaurant smelled of cigar fumes. The server wasn't all too friendly either. Overall, wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Sumptuous SummerliciousBaronetDined on 7/14/2014With five options for each of the three Summerlicious menu categories (appetizer, main, dessert) there was great variety ... and staff gladly modified the options to suit the diners' preferences. Result: perfect meal for an evening business meeting.Special Features:
- My 25th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014My guests and I had a fantastic time at Creme! I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends and will of course be coming back...great service and amazing food, the ambiance was also spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charming Spot for Dinner or LunchbowmooreDined on 7/14/2014Excellent evening, great dinner of stripped bass, fresh berries and excellent service. Manager very attentive and has a great rapport with diners. All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedEdwardDined on 7/13/2014I took 7 friends to this restaurant for dinner based on previous good experiences with lunches. Diners were lunch portion sized for much higher price and services were less than satisfactory.Special Features:
- Worth for summerlicious onlyWymanDined on 7/13/2014The salmon was chilling. Not only mine but my friend's too. I asked the server they said that's how they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont recommend for SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014went for summerlicious & it was average at best.If a restaurant is creating a special menu for Summerlicious,then they should stick to it & prep for it.The whole reason for 'licious' events is to promote your restaurants by showcasing your menu.Creme was not prepared.had a goat cheese salad on the menu;when the salad came,there was no goat cheese!salad was no different from 1 you get from Metro.had to ASK for goat cheese on a goat cheese salad.flank steak was average.choc pot was lovely,but again the menu says "almond tuille" & again this was missing.when asked the server about it, she said the only tray was dropped earlier so they didnt have any? point is if you are to be part of Summerlicious,do it right!I wont be dining at Creme again.
- Nothing greatFoodeDined on 7/11/2014I went here for summerlicious and had high expectations considering the location, price, mad menu. I was extremely disappointed. The salad was soggy, the salmon was flavourless, and the crime brûlée was unappealing. Most of the staff were very friendly, however one server was blatantly rude to us. Unimpressed and wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.ILoveSunshineDined on 7/10/2014It was a lovely evening with delicious food and great service. We only wish we had found it earlier. We would've eaten there every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonDined on 7/10/2014one of the best patios in TO. summerlicious menu particularly good value.Special Features:
- Good food, professional service.FlapiDined on 7/10/2014My friend and I ate here a couple of days ago and opted for the summerlicious menu, which was very good (I would come back to try the other items on the regular menu as well). Sheldon, our waiter, was excellent, making very good food and wine recommendations. Professional service, good food, roomy patio - all in a fun and trendy neighbourhood. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great summerlishish lunchChuckDined on 7/10/2014We for a great lunch on their patio. Relaxed friendly service that wasn't rushed at all. Very good value for the product. I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at CBSassDined on 7/9/2014I highly recommend this lovely restaurant. The location is perfect (tucked into a courtyard in Yorkville, so beautiful and peaceful); the food is divine*, the service was absolutely incredible. This is my second (or third) time here, and every single time is wonderful. (This time, we ordered from the Summerlicious menu.) Our server (a woman, don't remember her name) was amazing, and the maitre 'd actually wished me a good evening USING MY FIRST NAME (he must have gotten that from my reservation). Very impressive touch. *I had a heavenly brie-and-fig "bruschetta", their grilled flank steak (so tender!), and a gorgeous chocolate pot de creme for dessert.Special Features:
- foodieintrainingDined on 7/9/2014Very nice setting -- mostly glass-fronted, to let in the maximum amount of light; you could almost imagine you were outdoors even if you weren't. Tables nicely arranged, to allow maximum ease of movement between them. Food ... the bread was wonderful, the texture & temperature suggesting it had very recently come out of the oven. The chicken was flavourful & tender, the accompanying vegetables in a very nicely spiced sauce, just right without being overpowering, & the green beans were lovely & crunchy. As a chocolate addict, it would take gross mismanagement for me not to enjoy a dessert like the chocolate pot de creme -- delicious! My only quibble is that the service could have been just a little faster. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service! Great Food!JojoPareDined on 7/9/2014You can never go wrong with this restaurant. The ambience is nice. The staff are friendly. The service is good! But most importantly, the food is consistently delicious!Special Features:
- mehhqueserasera1Dined on 7/6/2014-service was slow and it was not busy -food did not meet Yorkville expectations--wasn't very fresh -the manager was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duckHofireduckHofireDined on 7/6/2014Very quiet place in a little nook off Cumberland. Easy to miss if you don't know the area too well but it lends itself to a quiet and relaxing time with your company and your meal. Had a Summerlicious lunch experience there and the food had very nice taste combinations - a great example would be the bruscetta with pickled figs and brie. The Moroccan chicken was tender and juicy with a very nice flavour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best romantic meal in YorkvilleAmbient2014Dined on 7/6/2014A great meal. Again. My favourite place for a languid, sensual, gastronomic meal. The vichyssoise is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CremeSuelourobDined on 6/28/2014Food and service were great. I was expecting the patio to be prettier. It is located on an inner courtyard and is quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovefoodDined on 6/26/2014Spectacular meal, efficient service, gorgeous surroundings, and relaxing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant overallFoodlover1Dined on 6/21/2014The whole experience was amazing, from the food to the atmosphere, not to mention amazing wine! I will definitely be coming here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvTorontoDined on 6/6/2014Food was excellent. Pleasant atmosphere and great service. It's tucked away in a central courtyard so it's quiet, no traffic to be seen or heard. A pleasant place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare FindCanTazVIPDined on 5/31/2014I was looking for a restaurant close to Koerner Hall as we had a concert to go to that evening. We were a party of 6 varying in ages from 21-90.After reading some reviews, I decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. It is a lovely spot in a pedestrian lane-way between Cumberland and Yorkville Rd. You can easily sit quietly outside or inside, either way it was very bright and relaxing. Everyone's food from the appetizer, entrees and desserts were fabulous! Service was very good and the meals were reasonably priced; especially for the area. A party of 6 left for just over $600 with a generous tip and that was with wine, beer, appetizers, entrees, coffees and dessert. We would definitely return to this restaurant when in the area.Special Features:
- GeoffDined on 5/28/2014Creme Brasserie has an amazing outdoor patio that is located in a quiet square off the main street. We were hoping to sit outside, but as it was early in the week no one else was on the patio so we ate inside. Hopefully next time we can enjoy the outdoor patio! The food was tasty and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Lunch at Cremecob0390Dined on 5/28/2014I was in the mood for a great hamburger medium rare and a glass of wine - and they had one with bacon and cheese for $15 - great value - and a good selection of wine. The rest of the menu looked interesting and it was recommended by my lunch mate who goes there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.