5629 Main St
Buffalo, NY 14221Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.creekviewrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7166329373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ryan McNeela
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering via Oliver's Restaurant
- Entertainment: Live Music every Thursday and Saturday starting at 8:30pm
A word from Creekview Restaurant
Situated in a historic house overlooking the falls of Ellicott Creek, the Creekview has been a village favorite for years. The Creekview features American fusion cuisine blended with contemporary international styles. In addition to our extensive menu, the pride of Creekview is the daily specials board with exciting and consistently changing creations. Add to your dining experience by enjoying our full bar and wine from our hand selected wine list, and complete your dining experience with one of our many desserts, all made in-house. Enjoy the heated enclosed patio available year round for a unique dining experience with a sensational view. The Creekview provides a relaxed, comfortable and familiar atmosphere making it a popular dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Creekview Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Creekview Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)romantic (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Creekview ia always consistent...friendly and relaxing neighborhood place with good service and food.Special Features:
- CreekviewhitmanDined on 10/11/2014Creekview Restaraunt is very overrated. Our meal was very greasy for food that does not require any oil at all. The bread and wine was the only thing that was woth eating.
- Veal Marsala???FrancieDined on 10/7/2014This is typically a simple, light dish.which is what I wanted. What I got was an over the top (in a bad way) dish that had of all things mozzarella cheese melted all over the top. It was visually very unappealing and I had a hard time finding the veal. My 2 dining partners had other experiences. 1 loved her meal, the other was very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for NewcomersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Was on a Biz trip with a group- First time in Buffalo and loved the venue, view of the creek, the food was great and the wine list is notable. Enjoyed our evening - Thanks a bunch!Special Features:
- We're RegularsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014In all honesty, this wasn't our best visit to Creekview but it wouldn't stop us from returning. 8/10 times everything is great. I think they may have been understaffed that evening, and my linguine with white clam sauce was a good but a bit salty. It's one of my favorites so I'll have it again. Don't let this review stop you from trying it if you haven't yet. It's one of our go to places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oktoberfest SpecialsBarbDined on 9/26/2014We come every year for their Oktoberfest specials. Great Wiener Schnitzel, potato pancakes, etc! Prosit!Special Features:
- Table overlooking the waterAPleasedDinerDined on 9/24/2014Booked our reservations online a few days in advance. Asked for a corner table by the water. And we got it. It was wonderful. And the food was delicious ! Great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Our steak was just OK. The vegetables were not good, but waiter brought us something else. Waiter was excellent. Eggplant small plate was great.Special Features:
- Always great!!!petersDined on 9/6/2014I have never had a bad dining experience here. The food is consistently superb and even when it is very crowded, the service is great. On a special note, the seafood is particularly my "go to" choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Good portion sizes... Great menu selection. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My friends and I had a very enjoyable lunch in the patio, however, the room was quite loud when it was totally occupied. The food and service was very good. Sitting by the water gave a feeling of coolness on a very warm afternoon. I am looking forward to having dinner there sometime soon in one of the dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJamesDined on 8/13/2014Been there 3 times with my son and had great food. Menu is varied and NOT boring at all. Fresh seafood was delicious and , yes, FRESH. Clams were outstanding. I had pork bellies over bed of vegetables that was fresh and seasoned with fresh herbs. Ribs are also delicious. Prices are not too high and do reflect the meal you will eat. Highly recommend for most any occasion.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulpoodlemomDined on 7/23/2014You know you will always get a great meal or snack here. It's comfort food plus innovative selections. Excellent service...it has it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I rememberedLetsgooutDined on 7/15/2014Was here years ago with family. Came back into town and thought be good to return for family gathering. Not as I remembered ! Service extremely slow and on a week day nonetheless . Food just ok. Poor seating arrangements.Special Features:
- great as alwaysmargeDined on 7/13/2014Very accommodating waitress. Gluten free and dairy free and gladly checked and made lots of substitutions for me. Great as always.Special Features:
- Why didn't we know?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We haven't been here in ten years. Our loss! The menu is wide and attractive. Service was great and the food was SPECIAL. I'm going back this week for as lunch date and we'll be back often for meals.Special Features:
- Great food123reviewDined on 7/13/2014We are out-of-towners and obviously not familiar with the nearby places, but we were pleasantly surprised with Creek View. The food was great, service was speedy, and not too expensive. From the terrace, there is an awesome view of the creek. I'm sure we will be stopping in again before we head back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with familyjtslpowley6Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful restaurant, from the time we were greeted by the hostess until we walked out the door. Bar staff was friendly and engaging, our waiter did a great job being there exactly when needed. The menu provided great options, and the food was perfect. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice - as the name says "Creekview" there is a wonderful view along the entire side of the dinning room of the creek which runs alongside the restaurant. The location is also a huge plus, located in the downtown Williamsville area there are a ton things to do either before of after dinner / lunch or just drinks. Definitely a great evening with good people and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to eat and meetStewVIPDined on 6/25/2014Food is always good, and when I know a lot to the crowd going there, you know it has to be good.Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Creekview Restaurant reviews archive.
- CreekviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food and service were excellent! In house desserts are highly recommended. Save room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Saturday EveningJmanDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I made reservations at the Creekview for 7 pm on a recent Saturday - it's a good thing we did, because we had a 10 minute wait regardless. The restaurant was packed, and quite noisy. Regardless, we were seated with a very nice view of Ellicott Creek and the service was good. The food was what we expected and well prepared. The side salad could use a bit more creativity. In all, the Creekview is exactly as advertised, and is a nice evening out with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBella617Dined on 6/10/2014I have visited the restaurant many times and found that each time is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantBobbyDined on 6/8/2014Been to Creekview several times; food is always good; service very good; nice view of the Creek. Parking lot is a mess when restaurant is full. Need more parking. can get a bit noisy when full, but love this restaurant and would recommend it to friends and family. Good for business lunches and dinners. Not exactly a place for children but would not hesitate to take family there for special occasions. Good job.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Food was very good, service was excellent, especially the appetizers. The drinks were unusually goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect consistently good food!SusanDined on 5/30/2014Four friends visited this restaurant and were delighted with all dishes from soup to dessert.Special Features:
- Great Serve & AmbienceOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant was recommended by a local resident. It is rustic and charming. The service was very good, the staff members were all pleasant and genuine. They checked on us with being intrusive and seemed truly interested in whether we were enjoying our meals. The meals were nothing special. I had the small plates tapas and a small Ceasar salad. The tapas was OK; the salad was flavorless with sprinkled parmesan cheese and no anchovies. I almost missed what might be the true jewel of this place, the creek that runs behind it. If you are not sitting on the outside patio or you don't walk around the to street side of the building, you wouldn't even know it's there. There's more to the name "Creekview" than I realized.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRonaldDined on 5/24/2014Simple straight forward menu, beautiful view and good service. I will be back.Special Features:
- Classic place for great foodNancySDined on 5/23/2014This is my go-to place for business lunches, great food and ambiance nestled in the Village of Williamsville. If you want dinner on Friday night, make a reservation. It's busy but the service is very good.Special Features:
- -over priced and over ratedKeepitRealBuffaloDined on 5/18/2014My experience was horrible. I was first greeted by an anxious, frantic hostess who seemed slightly annoyed by her job.I waited 10 mins for water and twice as long for a waitress to take my order. I Ordered the fried chicken, it was bland and took almost an hour to be served. The meal included cornbread but for some reason they were out of corn bread and I was told they couldn't make more or substitute anything in place of the cornbread - although they didn't reduce the price of the meal and stated if I order a replacement it would be added as a side and they would charge me for the side in a addition to my full priced meal (which was missing a key item from the meal) our waitress was not friendly and service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- no serviceShaneyVIPDined on 5/18/2014We have been to this restaurant many times, but never before experienced any problem. I Was at least 30 minutes before our entrée was delivered after we finished appetizer. The waitress did not stop over once to explain or apologize. Was it her fault or the kitchen? It wasn't crowded.Special Features:
- Good choice, short drive to BUFMarkKVIPDined on 5/11/2014We scheduled an early dinner on Mother's Day because of a planned pickup at BUF airport. We were seated promptly and, although service was a little slow, we made allowance for the day's events. Our table was within sight of the nearby rushing creek, but there are patio-like tables that overlook the flowing water. That would be a nice touch for a planned special event. We enjoyed the shrimp-and-corn chowder, and entrees of lobster and pan seared scallops. The scallops were served with a delicious brown sauce, potato gnocchi, green beans and peas. The vegetables were fresh and perfectly prepared. The house-made desserts were all terrific. And I'll mention finally that the coffee was terrific, which many restaurants miss.Special Features:
- The place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014If you are looking for that special place, or great food, outstanding service, large quantities and reasonable prices, your search is over. The Creekview can be the romantic spot for that one in a million person, it can be the place you take friends to impress with you excellent choice, it can be an ideal place to just sit back, enjoy the view and a great meal. It's all there waiting for your arrival. Keep in mind, restaurants like this are in demand so reservations are recommended. No, I am NOT related to the owners !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poodlemomDined on 5/9/2014Creekview has always been a local gem. It has everything one could want. Parking, location right on a creek with a great terrace - glassed in and heated so useable in the winter. The food is always exceptional and it runs from the usual great burgers to very imaginative dishes. They now take, and recommend, reservations so that makes getting a table much easier. It is always busy, but the staff is very experienced and professional and you get great service. It is not quiet, but the energy and enthusiasm is catching, and it's a fun place to go for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchSistersDined on 5/5/2014Food was great; everyone enjoyed their choices. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The best part is their fabulous desserts. The best pies around especially the coconut cream pie!Special Features:
- Great food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014The food was great. we sat outside - even though it was cold outside the enclosed patio was warm. Service was great and the atmosphere friendly and not rushed.Special Features:
- Creekview ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The Creekview is a terrific restaurant. The patio is a great place to have dinner with the sun shinning thru the windows and the the sight and sound of the creek right next to you. The service is prompt and polite and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotChamaykoDined on 4/26/2014I recently went to the Creekview restaurant with several girl friends. The food was great as well as the scenery. I am a frequent customer and will continue to be! !!!Special Features:
- Sunset DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014If you time it correctly grab a drink at the bar then head to the back patio room and enjoy dinner with the warm sun on your back and creek running in the background.Special Features:
- Nice eveningKathyKDined on 4/19/2014Another very good meal at the Creekview. Our server (and I do not know his name but will get it for sure next time is a real gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014I do like making reservations on line. Food is always good but now with the new owners it is even better. The specials are what we usually get, never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.