Creekside Bar and Grill
544 West Alma Ave.
San Jose, CA 95425Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Creekside Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.creeksidewillowglen.com/
- Phone: 4082899781
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday : 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
Saturday:5:00 PM- 12:00 PM
Sunday Open for Special Events-Dinner and Entertainment
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Karaoke every Monday through Thursday 8:30pm - 1:30am.
A word from Creekside Bar and Grill
Creekside Bar and Grill is located just off Highway 87, near downtown San Jose and just minutes away from beautiful downtown Willow Glen. For over 25 years, we"ve been offering "Classic American food at exceptional values." Our restaurant uses fresh local ingredients, USDA Angus choice meats, and the freshest seafood available in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our attentive and gracious staff will ensure an outstanding dining experience, no matter what the occasion may be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creekside Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not what we expectedShellwDined on 11/2/2013From the website for Creekside Bar and Grill we expected a nice steakhouse - found when we arrived it had just been changed to a Mexican restaurant, Playa Bonita.. Same ownership. Flavors good, with a couple of outstnding items (cheese quesadillas appetizer, Spanish rice, guacamole), but generally overcooked. Fajita plate flavors good but steak strips wereextremely tough. Fail for ambiance - beige, mirrored 50's steakhouse/supper club (with no renovation since) and a DJ began setting up in the middle of dinner service. Felt bad for thepeople seated at the table next to the door they were bringing their equipment in through (towers, speakers, really major set up stuff). The bar is dark, but occupies one end of the dining room.
- I have been a customer ofLarsVIPDined on 11/1/2013I have been a customer of Creek Side Inn for over 40 years but will not be returning for Mexican food I can get at Chevy's for less money!
- A Willow Glen quiet hidden gem..yumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2013I have been going here for about 40 years . Food and service are great,one of the rare places in SiliconValley that you can talk comfortably to your dining companions. Thereis a bar area but not a rowdy one and it can be closed off from dining area if needed. Food is excellent and it's prepared the way you like it great steaks, fish, and even some homestyle cooking favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for couples and on saturdaysMaricDined on 8/31/2013Nice for couples and on saturdays listen to a live band.....check out the face book page for events. 40+ ages and mostly latin people......People are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good fitDiner001Dined on 7/12/2013My wife and I tried to eat here one evening. We were unable to stay as the place throws out the wrong vibe for us. The menus were simple, yet way over priced. We sat for 15 min waiting for anyone to take a drink order or food order. We ended up leaving as the place gave us the creeps. They didn't seem busy, but seemed to have regulars the staff was busy keeping happy. With a makeover, and a little attention to the menus this place could be good.
- No ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013It's great for old people looking for a hole in the wall.
- Excellent ServiceCoolCatDaddyODined on 6/16/2013We had our Father's Day Dinner at Creekside Bar & Grill. We were greeted by Tony, and he had our table ready for us. The menu had selections to please everyone, and I chose the pork chops. They were prepared to perfection, and were tasty and tender. I plan to recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceStichqueenDined on 6/12/2013Each time we come to your restraint ant we can expect excellent service. Servers are always pleasant and the food comes out on time and very hot. Thank you!!Special Features:
- ReservationsDottyDined on 5/17/2013A reservation was not necessary for 6:30 on a Friday evening. There were only two other people in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodLeslieDined on 5/17/2013Watery Clam Chowder, Calamari Steak - no flavor and the Shrimp scramp also no flavor, barely a hint of lemon/garlic
- RundownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/30/2013The place was rundown. Structure falling apart. Inside old and stale smelling. Prices outrages for quality of food offered.
- If you are on a fixed budgetChetVIPDined on 2/20/2013If you are on a fixed budget and need to go someplace this is it. The food was OK. The neighborhood seems to support the place. I was just OK with the place..Special Features:
- The service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013The service was excellent, but the food was like upscale diner food-- flavors and textures were not very distinct, especially for the prices. Voices carry in the restaurant, so though we were in a booth, conversations on both sides made it feel like we were all at the same table. Agree with other reviewers that the decor could use updating!
- NIghtclub, old restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Very old place. Many years ago had great reputation but the neighborhood has changed. Very loud band was setting up and drummer was practicing as we were finishing dinner. After a large party of 20 left we were the only diners. It is now a busy bar with large dance floor. It is not a place to go out to and enjoy dinner.Special Features:
- Denny's is a better optionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went to Creekside on Thanksgiving, mainly because they were one of the few restaurants still showing open reservations (first clue). The menu looked great and everything sounded fantastic, although the prices were a bit high, if the food was good then it would be worth it. I ordered the house Prime Rib special. The salad came swimming in dressing with deep fried croutons, my prime rib had rainbow hues, the veggies tasted like they had been frozen and the "garlickey" mashed potatoes were flavored with garlic powder, it was so horrendous. I cut off a ton of fat, and spit out several large chunks and the manager still only discounted it 50%, saying I "ate" half of it, really bad customer service.
- Want to go back and try somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012Want to go back and try something else. My wife had the seafood pasta, but she thought the sauce was more appropriate for a meat-type pasta dish then a seafood-type pasta dish. My hamburger was really good, and the clam chowder was at least a 4/5. The reason for only 3/5 on food is that my wife did not like hers (2 to 2.5/5) and I liked mine (4/5), while we both liked the claim chowder (3.5/5 & 4/5). Overall Solid, and will go back again. Would have given it a 3.5/5, but the scoring does not allow for it. It is also a bit noisy, and if your quite you can nearly hear the people across the restaurant because of the acoustics.Special Features:
- We picked Crekside becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012We picked Crekside because we had a large group, 11 people, and we knew from past experience that they could accomopdate us comfortablyand that it would be quite enough that we could talk easily. The food was good and the service was fine.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2012We had a reservation for 6:30 and waited for about 15 minutes for someone to sit us. No one came. They were just finishing up a banquet of some sorts and there were very few tables ready to sit at. I cannot review the food because we did not sit down to eat.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012The food was very good and so was the service. The price is good too. I wish they had windows! There is not one in the place! It was too dark for me. Also, the decor is extremely outdated.Special Features:
- My wife's B-day and her mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012My wife's B-day and her mother's are a week apart. As my wife planned a surprise party for her mother (at Creekside), I planned for some of her freinds to crash the party for a DOUBLE surprise. With the help of Creekside staff and management it came off perfectly! With chearful surprises all around. Creekside met my highest hopes and expectations. Great food, Wonderful service. All around a fantastic evening! Many thanks Creekside!Special Features:
- It was a slow night but theFiorillosDined on 3/3/2012It was a slow night but the steaks were excellent and cooked just to our liking. The service was very good but as it was slow our waiter only had 1 other table. The wine list is a bit weak but reasonably priced.Special Features:
- This place was AMAZING! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012This place was AMAZING! Went there for a friend's surprise bday party and could not be happier with the experience! Will definitely be going back there very soon.Special Features:
- Customer Service is EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I had a fine dining experience here, me and my boo actually went on Valentines Day, its was pretty low key, guess we just beat the rush. They had a great valentines day special which included calimari, ny steak and lobster, champagne, desert, and soup or salad. Only problem I had was our waitress wasn't the best, completely unenthused and impatient, kind of rushing us. It was the latina bigger chick. Hopefully she's in a better mood when you go. Nonetheless, the steak and lobster tail was great. The soup and rice pilaf were kind of bland. Good romantic scene, general foods could use some help.Special Features:
- On Thanksgiving, my familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011On Thanksgiving, my family ordered lamb chop, salmon, or turkey dinner plates. The lamb chop and salmon plates came with plain vegetables. The lamb chops looked beautiful and were cooked perfectly to each of our requests although there was some kind of chemical taste on the outside that maybe came from a glaze or the gas used for the flame. The turkey plate was ugly- it looked like someone tore off pieces of the turkey, piled it on with gravey with a goup of mashed sweet potatoes on the side. However, Grandma said that her turkey dinner tasted good. To get anything besides the pumpkin pie (we don't like) for Thanksgiving desert you have to pay for it.Special Features:
- The outside of the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2011The outside of the building is not very appealing, the inside is not fancy but nice enough. My family and I had Thanksgiving dinner there. The service was very good. There were 2 small children in the party and they were accommodated nicely. Dinner was very tasty, everyone was happy with their meal.Special Features:
- Resturant Impossible CandidateCommonSenseAveragePersonDined on 11/2/2011Wednesday 7:30pm we were the only people in the restaurant. Decor hasn't changed since the 80's. Garlic bread was nothing more than the normal table bread with garlic powder and a flash broiler applied, zero flavor. Salads were drenched in dressing to the point of being unfit to eat. I don't think they use salt and pepper when they prepare any meats. Free kareoke in the bar draws some colorful characters. Entire establishment could use a visit from Resturant Impossible!!Special Features:
- Just OKLexiDined on 8/6/2011Went here on a Saturday night with my boyfriend. Loud, unexpected karaoke...Was interesting to say the least. Sat at the bar, decent food, good service. Decent overall but probably would not recommend it.Special Features: