337 West 11th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indycanal.com/
- Phone: 3179552389
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours of Operation
Monday 11am-3pm (closed dinner)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Creation Cafe offers lunch boxes, sandwich platters, delivery, etc. Contact our event planners to plan your next meeting on-site in our private dining space or we can bring the food to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Creation Cafe is excited to feature Indy's premier private dining space on our second floor--Euphoria. Euphoria can accommodate up to 200 in our main dining room, 50 on our patio, and 30 in the private dining room. Book the entire space or any portion that works for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Missy Brodey 8777800370
- Special Events: Creation Cafe is a great venue to host a wedding ceremony, bridal luncheon, baby shower, wedding reception, graduation party, etc. We love to make your special day the perfect occassion. Contact our events team from our website at www.indycanal.com. We are a certified women owned business. We also have an entire formal event venue space on the top floor.
- Cross Street: 11th & Senate
- Public Transit: The Indiana Health People Mover stops directly in front of our location, so if you are at Methodist, Riley, or University Hospital, just catch the tram over. (Weekends and evenings the tram requires hospital id to get back inside to catch and is not open to the public)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: You can find parking along 11th street. There is also public parking available across the street, in front of Indiana Health's Pathology Lab.
A word from Creation Cafe
Creation Cafe is a fun and funky bistro located at the North end of Indy's downtown canal. We have a great outdoor patio with fabulous views of Indy's skyline and the canal. We are located right on the north end of the canal. We are also dog friendly and offer a special menu for the pooch as well. We do offer alcoholic beverages. We also have event venue space located on the top floor above Creation Cafe where we specialize in wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate dinners, etc. Check out our website for further details about Creation Cafe & Euphoria Events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Creation Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- so-sobirthdaymealDined on 11/2/2013The food options sounded fancy & were presented attractively, but the flavor was nothing to get excited about. It didn't taste bad but it didn't taste particularly good either. Just okay. Went for location & decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dining experience!dandersonDined on 10/26/2013Food, staff & service went beyond expectations. A little out of season for a walk along the canal but will add that to our itinerary the next time. Look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunch. SometimeskibishoDined on 10/21/2013Good place for lunch. Sometimes it is best to have a reservation to make sure you have no wait.Special Features:
- Save room for dessertSlickDined on 10/12/2013Had dinner here with 3 friends before touring the Benjamin Harrison home. Generous portions and some eclectic menu choices. My sweet potato fries could have definitely been hotter and one friend ordered decaf coffee that tasted like it had been sitting around since that morning, but our server was extremely attentive and apologetic and the next cup (regular since we didn't have time for the decaf to brew) was piping hot and fresh. We were told the desserts were made on site and they didn't disappoint. The gelato was delish and there are many flavors to choose from, and the red velvet cupcake was moist and yummy. Nice to sit on patio and overlook the canal where a gondolier docks and cruises from (in season).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what it used to beaj1060Dined on 9/26/2013I was a little disappointed in my last visit--the menu has changed--not as many selections and for the first time in many years, the food was just okay, not anything great. Probably won't rush back unless I know things have changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creation Cafeindy4meDined on 9/14/2013Had a great meal at Creation Cafe this past Saturday. Brought my daughter and her best friend, both who go to IUPUI. They were excited to try the restaurant out as it is so close to school. Had great meals, portions were a bit huge esp. the mac & cheese and the Raman. But worked out as we took to go boxes and gave to the homeless couple sitting on the lawn nearby. Come, enjoy the beautiful artwork, the view of the canal, and feed some homeless souls!Special Features:
- Good but not fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2013Overall experience was ok but there are so many "good" places in Indy that I'm not sure this place would bring me back. Food was good. Service was ok. The hostess and waitress seemed to get a bit bent out of shape when asked to do anything above and beyond. The owner (I think) stepped in when the hostess was having an issue sitting our party outside on the patio. Reservations had been made a week ahead of time and it seemed that they knew nothing about the reservation. Did not have any tables ready for our group when we arrived. We had a very easy going group and if anything was asked which wasn't already offered, the demeanor was not quite friendly. However, the outside patio was pleasant and the view of the canal was nice.Special Features:
- Good meat and hip placeFroggyDined on 8/31/2013Where are the veggies? Brisket was superb but a corn muffin fell a little short of a full meal for dinner. Gumbo was great but small portion for the price, but makes a good appetizer. If you are going to advertise homemade chips, make them freh o they are served hot instead of cooked the day before. French onion dip was good, but cold chips didn't give the dish a good dinner feel. So 3 stars overall because of meat, awesome and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperimentGareDDined on 8/30/2013Chef stepped outside the box of the everyday menu and hit, Id say, a triple! Youll want to see some of this on future menus.Special Features:
- Lunch by the canalCherylDined on 8/30/2013You'll find good food and nice ambience at this treasure of a location!Special Features:
- What a neighborhood gem!GoodeatsDined on 8/29/2013We were running a few minutes late, called hold our reservation and they did. Our waiter was super friendly, helpful and cool! The food was beyond our expectations, we will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable DevourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013One of the best Devour menus on the list! Outstanding atmosphere, great service, very very tasty food! Keep this on Devour please -BEST value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown at Creation CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2013Our foursome enjoyed our dinner last night very much! The chips and warm French onion dip were awesome. The brisket was tender and flavorful. Our service was great. I wish it had been cooler so that we could have enjoyed the outdoor dining. And they definitely need bicycle racks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumCharcoDined on 8/25/2013Dinner was good....weather was gorgeous...service was average...company was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for a Canal brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2013Great location at the north end of the Canal. We had a great terrace café table in the corner next to the water dam; very cozy and still open air. Andi was a fantastic waiter/server. Drinks always filled, but you never got the feeling he was "in your face". Very knowledgeable about the different menu items, and steered us to a great crab dip appetizer that seemed bottomless and perfectly seasoned. This restaurant is a keeper, all at a great value. 5 diners, more than a few mimosas, and still under a c-note!Special Features:
- A little disappointedTamsterDined on 8/24/2013I was expecting more. The music was a little too loud for a romantic dinner. Took a really long time to get our food which cut down our time to walk the canal. There were many open tables so I don't understand why it took so long. The food was delicious though and had a nice variety of wines. I will go again for an appetizer next time or just dessert (which they have lots of pastries and ice cream)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MeatsUnagiManDined on 8/24/2013This place is great. The brisket and caribbean porkloin were off the charts spectacular and the funny plantain & pork slider thingies were an interesting appetizer. We had a tuna appetizer that wasn't as good as everything else, but you can't win them all. Dessert was really nice as well, good gelato and insane baked goods. Waitstaff were fast, attentive, and normal in general. This will be a regular stop for us when we are in Indy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent amount of dining optionsSofiaDined on 8/24/2013Decent amount of dining options and entertaining atmosphere. A great location as well! Sometimes parking could be difficult, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superozzy11Dined on 8/24/2013My wife and I had never been before and decided to try Creation Cafe during the "Devour Downtown" event. We are very glad we chose Creation Cafe and will be returning soon with friends!Special Features:
- Great vibe and great views!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013We tried the Creation Cafe during "Devour Downtown" and had a great experience overall. The outdoor patio was full but we had seats near the window to see the canal. Even inside, the restaurant is open and airy, with creative and whimsical decor including "the smallest bar in downtown Indy." Every member in our party agreed that the food (from the "Devour" temporary menu) was very good, from appetizer through dessert. We look forward to dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captivated at CreationDevourDinerDined on 8/23/2013I think what I liked most about dining at Creation Cafe was the location. Inside the restaurant it reminded me of Yats w/the funky decor. My party & I dined outside on the porch overlooking the Canal. It was most enjoyable and the food was great at reasonable prices. I especially enjoyed the crab cakes. I would certainly dine at Creation Cafe again.Special Features:
- Decent service terrible foodMattDined on 8/23/2013The service was decent, but the food was terrible.Special Features:
- Loved the CanalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2013This was our first visit and we enjoyed it very much. We attended during Devour Downtown event with a select menu. The weather was perfect to dine on the porch and the canopies were greatly appreciated. Our server was very helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Food was good but not great. The desserts were excellent! Felt wines were overpriced. Would definitely go again and try things off of the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambience, OK foodNYCgirlDined on 8/22/2013We ate at Creation Cafe as part of the Devour Downtown event. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. Food service was at a good pace, long enough took look over the menu and make food decisions but not so long that you wonder if you've been forgotten. The restaurant overlooks the canal and has a nice mix of bar seating and dinner tables. Our shared appetizer was quite good, Ahi Tuna Poke, but I found my brisket to be too fatty, the fried biscuits were rather bland and my pound cake with mixed berries tasted like it came from a box and had that small can of "wild maine blueberries" poured on it. My wine was also quite good so Creation Cafe might be a good place to meet friend for drinks.Special Features:
- Good, but not as good as usualIlikerealfoodVIPDined on 8/22/2013The salmon was overlooked, the tenderloin sandwich had so many spices in the breading that my daughter couldn't even eat it. I tasted it as well and I couldn't eat it either and neither of us are picky eaters. The nachos and the adult mac and cheese were good. They told us outdoor seating wasn't available but 2 tables that could have seated our party remained open during our whole dining experience. We usually have a much better experience. We brought out of town guest because this is usually on of our favorites. Still good, but usually so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodFoodieDined on 8/20/2013Great view of the canal, loved the patio seating. Actual menu is pretty small (did not align to menu on open table). Highly recommend the pulled pork nachos! Also had the burger...good but pretty big! Restraint itself wasn't overly busy but our server seemed to be running around...had to snag him to get refills, extra napkins and a fork. He seemed pleasant though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creation Cafe is the bomb!!indy4meDined on 8/17/2013Took a good friend here, and was a first time for all of us. She was in town because her mother is in Methodist. Definitely will visit again. Waiter was awesome--friendly and attentive. They were doing an event the night we were there and still got great service! Had the crab cake and tossed salad, and a flight of beer. All was great! Highly recommend, esp. for someone with relative in hospital. Great get away from the daily hospital time!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2013The food was wonderful tasting, including the dessert! However the service this time around was so-so. I wouldn't put it on the entire restaurant, most likely just our waitress who had to be reminded and asked for things several times, and all together was not very friendly.Special Features:
- The food was good the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013The food was good the waitress was ok. Could not get refills. Really liked the location though and looking out at the canal and the downtown lights was very scenic.Special Features:
- LocalkibishoDined on 8/5/2013The menu has deteriorated especially for vegetarians. Also staff can do better with attitude.Special Features:
- We loved this place! MadeCliptowDined on 8/4/2013We loved this place! Made reservations online, specifying that we were celebrating birthdays, and we had a wonderful seat overlooking the canal. The black bean burger and tenderloin were both terrific! Loved everything about our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKristenDined on 8/2/2013I saw a friend's Instagram post about this restaurant. I decided to take my boyfriend and best friend on a double date here. Creation Cafe has a phenomenal location with an amazing view of the canal. Food is great, friendly server, I will definitely go back here. Both outdoor and indoor seating is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a lovely view!flamingofanVIPDined on 7/30/2013Received a coupon as a thank you - and I love going to Creations anyway! It was cloudy but still very warm so we enjoyed lunch outside but under the balcony so any errant rain drops wouldn't make us move. Even with a struggle to find parking the food and atmosphere make it worth the extra effort to meet for lunch or dinner. Some of the new menu items are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one problemChristinaDined on 7/27/2013Great food, fun patio, wonderful canal view, but bad slow service and crabby waitress. She kept forgetting stuff and didn't check on us often, but I would go to Creation again and hope for better service.Special Features:
- Black bean burger!foodieDined on 7/25/2013I am not a vegetarian, but this is a very delicious sandwich. Everyone should try it. The outdoor patio on a pretty day or evening cannot be beaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor cafe - AwesomeKimHDined on 7/24/2013Love the Creation cafe on the scenic Indianapolis Canal. Good pulled pork nachos and black bean burger. Great for a group on outdoor patio and pet friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown locationDonnaFDined on 7/22/2013This restaurant sits at the end of the canal and has plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy views of the canal. Nice, varied selection on the menu. A bit noisy inside. If you go for lunch on a weekday, allow extra time to find a parking space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013Had a wonderful lunch at Creation Cafe with my family from out of town. Everyone loved the food and decor.Special Features:
- lovely non-chain restaurantBoilerKurtVIPDined on 7/12/2013great location in downtown Indy along the canals. the menu offers a vast array of items. a nice casual dining experience that the whole family will enjoy.Special Features:
- I went two times with twoCelebrateDined on 7/6/2013I went two times with two different groups in one week and really enjoyed it both times. My daughter liked the vegetarian options and I liked the pulled pork chili mac. We also liked that it was on OpenTable and could reserve a seat in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.