CRAVE - West End
1603 West End Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cravewestend.com/
- Phone: 9529336500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 11pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 11am- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Amber Severtson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire!
- Special Events: Groups larger than 9 people require a phone reservation
A word from CRAVE - West End
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - West End - Best Restaurants in St. Louis Park ›
CRAVE - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (110)great for lunch (102)good for groups (97)hot spot (83)fit for foodies (80)vibrant bar scene (71)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (37)romantic (33)notable wine list (29)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (6)Show More
- We love Crave at West EndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Originally seated at a four top in the middle of the restaurant. Asked for a booth next to the window - they accommodated us quickly and happily. Food was great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Sushi was good. Chinese-style chicken and noodle salad was unbalanced and the rice noodles were stiff and not cooked sufficiently. Other food was good, neither impressive nor lacking. We requested a cupcake and candle for an elderly guest celebrating a birthday; the server brought the check before that dessert came, and the dessert never came. The manager gave us a generous gift card to compensate for the error, but that's the only reason we'll be back.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014You had the best blackened walleye tacos ever so I was extremely disappointed to find they were no longer on your menu. My guest and I always come to Crave for our luncheons and both of us always order the blackened walleye tacos. The Walleye cakes were okay but not worth returning to Crave to eat. I am perplexed as to why something so successful and popular* is removed. Were your chefs bored with it? *The manager indicated they were a very popular item as did our server. Most unfortunate. Please let me know if and when you plan to put them back on your menu, otherwise I'll seek a replacement elsewhere. Thanks for asking.Special Features:
- Bad service and bad foodpatriclp4Dined on 9/24/2014Took our drink order quick. Didn't see server and trainee for 20 minutes. Took second drink order, said she'd be back to take food order in a minute. Didn't see her for 15 more minutes. Food came out 20 minutes later, all the sushi tasted terrible. Missed our movie. Second time this has happened.
- long waitMamaVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were seated outside and after a half hour I looked at my friend and said isn't it wierd nobody has come over to say hello…. I asked the water guy to send someone over. A gal came over to apologize and said she would comp drinks and an appetizer. I ordered a drink. We ordered a app. Then another gal came over and said she would comp another app because my friends don't drink. So another app came out. When it was time for the check she asked if we wanted seperate checks we all agreed yes. My check had the drink on it which the gal said she would comp. I did not say anything because I was not up for another critical thing. I feel I should have gotten the drink because it was offered… we enjoy Crave we go here alot because the food is good.Special Features:
- Not what I was hopingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We did not have the experience we were hoping for...our food was not great. I had sushi and my husband had the lamb meatballs with pasta. The sushi was worse than grocery store sushi---will not order that there again. My husbands pasta had good taste but the meatballs were not good...all you could taste was red pepper. Our drinks were good but will not eat there again for awhile...bummer!Special Features:
- Okay, not great. Loud and skimpyfatboy55Dined on 9/20/2014Went to Crave with three friends. We ate early, about 6:45pm. Yes, it was Saturday night but the restaurant was really loud. We ended up yelling at each other just to have a conversation. Food was okay. My friend had the pork tenderloin. Not sure he liked it as it appeared over cooked and a skimpy serving. Other meals were okay in taste but presentation was weak. I had the Bison burger which could have been hamburger for all I know. No distinct taste to it. Service was fine although the waiter tried to up-sell us on a complicated dinner salad when all we wanted was a simple salad. The up-sell is annoying. I've been to Crave many times with a better experience than what I experience this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveASK26Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good but for 2 apps and 2 glasses of wine $60 seems quite steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK ServicemidwestcoasterDined on 9/20/20144 of us ate here before heading off to a painting class nearby. I should have made the reservation for earlier - I hadn't allowed enough time to eat and get to the class in time. We realized shortly after we sat down that we were rushed. I mentioned it to the server with apologies. As soon as our food arrived, I mentioned that we'd like the check - again, with apologies and again, mentioning that it was because we had somewhere to be. When our server brough the checks, he made a comment to the effect of, "just don't tell my manager." I thought he might have just been making a joke, but others in my group were offended by this comment. Regardless, the food was great and it was nice to be able to share sushi or order individual entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CravefoodisgoodDined on 9/19/2014Scallops were tepid, mushy and flavorless, my wife had a luke warm, mushy, flavorless salmon. Both were highly recommended by the server. Kale salad was all kale, no other greens, the plate was not done professionally, bar service was so slow the waitress comped two beers. The food was the second worst meal we have ever had. We will not be returning to Crave
- Always goodLakeShoreLocalDined on 9/18/2014I've always had a good meal at this location. A little noisy if you're near the bar. Excellent service as well.
- We're ready!RockyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Service was so slow. Dirty plates sat on table for a long time, water glasses sat empty, dessert delivered with no silverware, then waited forever for our bill. Very disappointing. Our server was disengaged, she needs to read her customers better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjlodicoDined on 9/17/2014The only complaint I have was we indicated it was our anniversary via Open Table & there was no mention of this by the host or server. Previous experience at other locations for acknowledging a special occasion was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Day of New MenuGreatserviceDined on 9/17/2014I've been a long-time supporter of CRAVE...love the food, ambiance, and vibe. Unfortunately, my friends went on the same day they changed the menu and our server was CLUELESS. He didn't know what vegetables came with anything. He didn't know the entrees and how they were served. We asked his opinion and he hadn't tasted anything. It was just bad. Hope to have better luck the next time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKelsey86Dined on 9/17/2014The food is always good here, great sushi and happy hour. I would recommend this place to anyone as they have a large menu with many choices to food to choose from.Special Features:
- One of my favsEATitDined on 9/16/2014I love Crave West End! This was my husband's first visit and he ordered the sushi. The portions are a great value, especially since the food is OUTSTANDING. I've never noticed how loud the restaurant gets because I typically go for a drink and apps with friends.....but this time I had my husband and three children. It was far too loud for a conversation at the round table for 5. So, I highly recommend this place for a date or just a one on one get together with a friend. It's too loud for larger groups...you'd have to yell across the table. The food just might be worth the lack of conversation though. LOL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pts42Dined on 9/16/2014Restaurant has a great appearance on arrival. Food very mediocre, wine list just okay but overpriced. Waitress moderately helpful.Special Features:
- brunch at cravenansVIPDined on 9/14/2014a friend & i had brunch at crave. we both liked it & will definitely go back. the service was very good. the food was very good & plentifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We had reservations & we had great food! The pancakes werer huge! French toast was really good alsoSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceIan58952Dined on 9/13/2014I love Crave but this time was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The waitress we had was amazing and I'm looking forward to their redone menu.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiCrisDined on 9/13/2014Our food was wonderful, presentation was excellent and service was very good. Our server was slow to greet us but then she was a wonderful resource for the best sushi. Our evening was wonderful - however after we paid our bill the water service stopped as did clearing of our table while we talked. We could've used another drink despite already paying - however we never saw our server again.Special Features:
- Crave - West EndCathyDined on 9/13/2014Service was very slow. Food was OK; but expected better for the price. Not a good value.Special Features:
- MickManVIPDined on 9/13/2014Sushi was very good. Salad was dry, bread basket was dry, Mahi Mahi entrée was mediocre at best. Not the usual good food experience.
- DelightfulRichDined on 9/12/2014New menu items were tasty. Service was good. The overall experience was delightful.Special Features:
- great food / lots of noiseSales27Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, noise level to loud to have a decent group/business conversation of more than 3 people. (and I'm not old).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Eveningplymouth204VIPDined on 9/9/2014I invited out-of-town clients to join me at Crave West End for dinner and had a disappointing experience. Our soup course was somewhat late, but after that the entrees took an extremely long time to serve. The server and manager were very apologetic, saying that a big group had placed orders ahead of us, and then they kept coming over to apologize, which was disruptive. The entrees were just okay, but the noodle salad was filled with liquid that made the lettuce soggy. We were all so late that I didn't send it back. The manager took the soup off the bill and offered free desserts, so the restaurant tried to make it right. And I have had some good experiences at lunch, so I may try the place again.
- So satisfiedRockyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had an early dinner on a Sunday night and it couldn't have been a more relaxing time. We had the cutest young server who blew it out of the water. She did a super job all the way through, which is quite rare. The food was great, but the dessert........WOW! We had the s'mores dessert and we all agreed it was the best dessert we've ever had, and we eat out a lot. Can't wait yo come back to Westend Crave.Special Features:
- 9/6/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had our 1 year Wedding Anniversary on this day last Saturday. We were unfortunately late for our reservation but they were able to fit us in and we didn't wait at all. Great service, delicious food, great atmosphere. We will definitely be coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaLindaDined on 9/4/2014We were there for Happy Hour and found the selections to be fine. Since we were on the street because we wanted shade, there was some traffic noise, but not interfering with our conversation. However, we love sitting on the patio! We shared the fish tacos and pizzas. The sweet potatoes fries were few since they were mixed in with regular French fries....somewhat disappointing. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- Very good surprise!bettyborgDined on 9/2/2014We went for a quick, late lunch. Loved the Crave Chicken (fresh, crunchy greens, fabulous dressing!) & also the Cesar Salad and the Soup (Curry, Chicken, Coconut). Sitting outside was enjoyable as there is not a lot of street traffic going on. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice lunch locationneveragainDined on 9/1/2014Good place to bring friends, clients for lunch. Service very good. Fairly empty due to the Labor Day holiday...but overall pretty good all the way around.Special Features:
- Delicious and funMplsDinerDined on 8/30/2014Great food, good variety and delicious cocktails. I appreciate how welcoming the staff is too. I am never disappointed by my experiences at Crave. It is pricey though.Special Features:
- Just okDrCKRDined on 8/29/2014Nice atmosphere. Had two occasions to dine. Brunch, last March was disappointing. Cold "family style" food brought out. Mostly tasteless. Second visit was for Labor Day Happy Hour & dinner specials. Not a good variety for vegetarians. Food is mostly sushi style, which is ok, if that is your thing. Taste was just ok and overpriced for a little amount that was mostly tasteless. I would only recommend the Happy Hour and out door ambiance, though. Fun for a group. The wait staff has always been friendly and gave good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- street tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014newly added street tacos were excellent, and service was great. Will be back for lunch againSpecial Features:
- KbirdDined on 8/26/2014Friendly staff and very knowledgeable about the menu. Made great food recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourTonkagalDined on 8/25/2014We had a group of 9 and they easily accomodated our separate bills. A server was in training with another server so we received lots of attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014My dining experience at Crave this weekend was outstanding. They were extremely helpful with my group reservation and our waitress was amazing. I had the crab stuffed shrimp for the first time, and it was delicious. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- FranDined on 8/24/2014Our brunch was great! Loved the egg sandwich!! They also have a yummy wildrice soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CraveEyerepDined on 8/24/2014I visited crave West End for Sunday brunch with a friend and as usual, the food was excellent and the coffee was extra delicious. The wait staff is alway on point and awesome atmosphere. They also have a great patio area and excellent happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave stacks up!scHAMMERDined on 8/24/2014I ordered the Crave Stack - pancakes with apples and peaches. This isn't your average dry cake topped with compote and Ready Whip. Instead, it's a layered confection with real candied fruit between soft, moist cakes, and intense cinnamon spiciness. Highly recommended!Special Features: