CRAVE - West End
1603 West End Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cravewestend.com/
- Phone: 9529336500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 11pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 11am- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Amber Severtson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email email@example.com to inquire!
- Special Events: Groups larger than 9 people require a phone reservation
A word from CRAVE - West End
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - West End - Best Restaurants in St. Louis Park ›
CRAVE - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (103)good for groups (94)fit for foodies (93)hot spot (92)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (75)vibrant bar scene (69)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (36)great for brunch (35)late-night find (28)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great for business lunchesRunner1948VIPDined on 10/29/2014Crave is one of my go-to places for business lunches - good food, lots of choices, easy parking, noise level allows conversations. I find reservations makes life easier, given Crave's popularity.Special Features:
- Sunday afternoonRoundAndAboutDined on 10/26/2014Sushi and Mac n Cheese. Delectable brunch not traditional but hey think outside the familiar zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pancakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent atmosphere with great food. Claudia was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014The server was wonderful, food was delicious and there was a enough space for our group of 6 to sit comfortably. The only con was that the food took so long to get. The sushi roll we ordered was up in minutes, but we waited 20-30 min for our omelets and eggs benedict. I understand this was not the servers fault at all. Thank goodness the food was yummy! They even gave me a free birthday dessert to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJoebearDined on 10/24/2014Very good restaurant for classic American food with unique twists. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Menu - great FoodKinniburghDined on 10/24/2014The Westend location is great spot for after movie dining. The menu offers a variety of tasty dishes that appeal to everyone. Service (especially Katya) is wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- consistently goodcfreshDined on 10/24/2014I love Crave. Their food and service is consistently delicious. I visit the west end location almost every time I hit a movie at showplace icon next door. My only complaint is that all table settings are not equal. Some table locations are nicer/better than others. Crave should reward return customers booking on OpenTable with great seating options :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Marcelo was the most darling and thorough waiter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, service lackingsquiggieDined on 10/23/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. The two of us shared the Bamboo Bit roll which was delicious. We noticed the size of the entrées and decided the portions would have been way too large, so we ordered two starters instead. The calamari was fantastic and the steak sliders were mouth watering. Unfortunately, the service did not compliment the food. It seems that the servers do not take the time to add any type of personable touch. The impression received not only by our server, but by looking around at the larger picture is get them their food and get them out to seat the table again as quick as possible. I would recommend for the food, but can not in good faith recommend this restaurant for any type of special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingTableDined on 10/18/2014Even though there was only 2 of us the original table was too small if you are planning to eat. Drinks only it would have been fine. They did move us to a larger table which made the dinning experience wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Crave is funJNCDDined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy Crave that night my friend and I felt like having sushi and wings. It was good! The hit was the lamb meatballs.Special Features:
- FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The tenderloin tip sliders were so tough I could barely eat them. The manager was very responsive and took the price off of the bill. I requested a quiet table. We were seated next to a table of 10. What is the logic of that? There were other tables available that were quiet so we requested to move and was accomadated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsuriVIPDined on 10/16/2014I made a reservation at the Crave in Westend, but knew I wanted to sit outside because the weather was so beautiful! When I arrived I was told there was NO Outdoor seating as the were closing up outside seating. Very Disappointed!! As we were leaving, we saw several tables that were being served outside. The manager, Gina said they changed their minds and did not say anything to us!! Poor Customer Service!!!Special Features:
- Ladies who Lunch like Crave!FashionistaMomDined on 10/15/2014Nice wine list! Updated menu has some new appetizers that are great to share while not too heavy. I like that sushi is an option but there's so many other options! Kids menu has quite a few choices as well including kids fruit sushi, fun! We always have a good experience at Crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coatVIPDined on 10/13/2014our server jesse was excellent. the food was very good and a nice environment to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteJgoodwinDined on 10/12/2014We have loved crave for years but the new menu is truly outstanding! The tomato pesto soup + artisan bread bowl was outstanding and the new take on their classic Bison Burger left us satisfied and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceChezanimalhairDined on 10/12/2014It was my birthday brunch and right away the server and I realized we had the same name (Amy) and it was all laughter and jokes and FUN the whole time. Amy is a great server, we had a blast. The food was good too. We were there when it was empty enough that noise wasn't an issue, but I could tell it would be noisy later just because of all the cement and glass. But it was fine for us.Special Features:
- delicious new menuBreKDined on 10/11/2014Foie Gras burger was amazing. Cocktails are always well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiLizzDined on 10/11/2014I went with a group of friends that wanted to try sushi and I decided that lunch at Crave on a Saturday was the best option since it's quiet and they have a good selection. My friends left feeling satisfied and excited about coming back and trying new options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We tried Crave for our Anniversary celebration; my wife called it "the best meal ever"! (and I agree!). The food was wonderful, the staff excellent and attentive. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Great meeting spaceBjm05Dined on 10/10/2014Crave was extremely accommodating in our need for semi-private dining space. They met our needs and more.Special Features:
- dddddddddddddDined on 10/6/2014Todd, our waiter, was great! Just the right attention, good humor and catered to my birthday girl's requests. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Best Experience YetajbellVIPDined on 10/5/2014Most of my trips to Crave have been misses. Not the best service and just mediocre food. Leah was our server and she was outstanding. Everyone loved their food. Huge improvement on both fronts.Special Features:
- foodygirlVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a 5:45 reservation on a Saturday night before a movie…seated us in the "back" room…plenty of spots in the main restaurant. Took a lot away from the dining experience!Special Features:
- CraveLuvtwoeatDined on 10/3/2014We went to Crave last night with a group of six and everyone was pleased with their meal ( the crave burger , scallops, pasta ) and sushi to share. It was a bit loud and difficult to carry on a conversation without raising your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new menuLuluVIPDined on 9/30/2014I've always enjoyed taking clients to CRAVE but this time, they outdid themselves. The new menu is fantastic. I had the salmon salad and it was terrific. Even better than the salmon salad I used to get, which I thought was very good. My client got the steak salad and she was very pleased as well. There were a number of things on this new menu I want to try.Special Features:
- OpenTable lost our reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Restaurant was great, but OpenTable lost our reservation. Luckily, CRAVE still made room for us during the lunch rush and we had a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edinamomEdinamomVIPDined on 9/28/2014We are very unhappy with the new menu. We have visited this restaurant frequently. Now our favorites are gone and the replacements do not appeal to us. I'm afraid we won't be going here much until the next menu change.
- We love Crave at West EndOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014Originally seated at a four top in the middle of the restaurant. Asked for a booth next to the window - they accommodated us quickly and happily. Food was great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Sushi was good. Chinese-style chicken and noodle salad was unbalanced and the rice noodles were stiff and not cooked sufficiently. Other food was good, neither impressive nor lacking. We requested a cupcake and candle for an elderly guest celebrating a birthday; the server brought the check before that dessert came, and the dessert never came. The manager gave us a generous gift card to compensate for the error, but that's the only reason we'll be back.
- DisappointedReetzDined on 9/26/2014You had the best blackened walleye tacos ever so I was extremely disappointed to find they were no longer on your menu. My guest and I always come to Crave for our luncheons and both of us always order the blackened walleye tacos. The Walleye cakes were okay but not worth returning to Crave to eat. I am perplexed as to why something so successful and popular* is removed. Were your chefs bored with it? *The manager indicated they were a very popular item as did our server. Most unfortunate. Please let me know if and when you plan to put them back on your menu, otherwise I'll seek a replacement elsewhere. Thanks for asking.Special Features:
- ServiceLucylovesRickyDined on 9/24/2014This is the second time in a row that I have eaten at Crave and found the service to be less than adequate. Seems the servers are spread too thin or just not attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and bad foodpatriclp4Dined on 9/24/2014Took our drink order quick. Didn't see server and trainee for 20 minutes. Took second drink order, said she'd be back to take food order in a minute. Didn't see her for 15 more minutes. Food came out 20 minutes later, all the sushi tasted terrible. Missed our movie. Second time this has happened.
- long waitMamaVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were seated outside and after a half hour I looked at my friend and said isn't it wierd nobody has come over to say hello…. I asked the water guy to send someone over. A gal came over to apologize and said she would comp drinks and an appetizer. I ordered a drink. We ordered a app. Then another gal came over and said she would comp another app because my friends don't drink. So another app came out. When it was time for the check she asked if we wanted seperate checks we all agreed yes. My check had the drink on it which the gal said she would comp. I did not say anything because I was not up for another critical thing. I feel I should have gotten the drink because it was offered… we enjoy Crave we go here alot because the food is good.Special Features:
- Not what I was hopingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We did not have the experience we were hoping for...our food was not great. I had sushi and my husband had the lamb meatballs with pasta. The sushi was worse than grocery store sushi---will not order that there again. My husbands pasta had good taste but the meatballs were not good...all you could taste was red pepper. Our drinks were good but will not eat there again for awhile...bummer!Special Features:
- Okay, not great. Loud and skimpyfatboy55Dined on 9/20/2014Went to Crave with three friends. We ate early, about 6:45pm. Yes, it was Saturday night but the restaurant was really loud. We ended up yelling at each other just to have a conversation. Food was okay. My friend had the pork tenderloin. Not sure he liked it as it appeared over cooked and a skimpy serving. Other meals were okay in taste but presentation was weak. I had the Bison burger which could have been hamburger for all I know. No distinct taste to it. Service was fine although the waiter tried to up-sell us on a complicated dinner salad when all we wanted was a simple salad. The up-sell is annoying. I've been to Crave many times with a better experience than what I experience this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveASK26Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good but for 2 apps and 2 glasses of wine $60 seems quite steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK ServicemidwestcoasterDined on 9/20/20144 of us ate here before heading off to a painting class nearby. I should have made the reservation for earlier - I hadn't allowed enough time to eat and get to the class in time. We realized shortly after we sat down that we were rushed. I mentioned it to the server with apologies. As soon as our food arrived, I mentioned that we'd like the check - again, with apologies and again, mentioning that it was because we had somewhere to be. When our server brough the checks, he made a comment to the effect of, "just don't tell my manager." I thought he might have just been making a joke, but others in my group were offended by this comment. Regardless, the food was great and it was nice to be able to share sushi or order individual entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CravefoodisgoodDined on 9/19/2014Scallops were tepid, mushy and flavorless, my wife had a luke warm, mushy, flavorless salmon. Both were highly recommended by the server. Kale salad was all kale, no other greens, the plate was not done professionally, bar service was so slow the waitress comped two beers. The food was the second worst meal we have ever had. We will not be returning to Crave
- Always goodLakeShoreLocalDined on 9/18/2014I've always had a good meal at this location. A little noisy if you're near the bar. Excellent service as well.