CRAVE - West End
1603 West End Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - West End
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cravewestend.com/
- Phone: (952) 933-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Wednesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 11pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 11am- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Amber Severtson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE Catering is proud to offer a dynamic new approach to full-service and delivery catering. Whatever your catering needs are, we can accommodate you! CRAVE is one of the only restaurants providing sushi in the area. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire!
- Special Events: Groups larger than 9 people require a phone reservation
A word from CRAVE - West End
Evoke the tastes of the new American palate. Familiar yet unforgettable! CRAVE delivers on one simple thing: Fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, casual, and vibrant atmosphere. The menu evokes the tastes of the new American palate – featuring wood-oven pizzas, roasted meats, sushi, pastas and salads that are seasonally re-mastered utilizing the freshest ingredients. A grand sushi bar extends the dining experience appealing to both traditional sushi lovers and adventurous epicureans alike. The combination of the burnt earthen color palette, stone work, glass accents and a golden-tiled fireplace invites shoppers and destination diners alike to stop and linger — enjoying unforgettable meals with friends and family. An elegant floor-to-ceiling wine tower displays a 125+ wine selection. Rich hues and an open kitchen, light-dappled tabletops and an iconic bar create a familiar yet unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CRAVE - West End - Best Restaurants in St. Louis Park ›
CRAVE - West End reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (120)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (103)great for lunch (102)vibrant bar scene (87)special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (72)neighborhood gem (61)late-night find (36)romantic (34)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always excellent!FoodCriticKateDined on 11/25/2014Crave always hits the mark! Love the lemon garlic chicken wings, Waygu tacos, Kale salad. Great wine selection. The upscale atmosphere is a big part of the appeal and why I return frequently - not too loud, good energy. A professional but not snobby crowd. It doesn't matter which location I'm at - its always good. Even for take-out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joegustoDined on 11/22/2014First time in a while and never disappoints. A little pricey but good value and get what you pay for with great food, service, drinks, ambiance, and presentation. Fun atmosphere and locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot before the movie!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We love this restaurant! The only complaint I would have is their booths are huge and it feels like you are sitting a football field away from the other people. Otherwise, we had sushi, flat bread and the crave burger. I would recommend all, they were wonderful! I have a food allergy and when I set up the reservation online I was able to put that info in there. I was amazed that the waiter actually was given that info and he made sure the chef was aware of it. That was an awesome surprise that I didn't have to mention it over and over again. We will defiantly be going there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014We were seated quickly but then waited 27 minutes for anyone to come to our table and take our order and that was only because we finally flagged someone down to help us.
- HELLOO!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Ordered drinks at our table. Meanwhile a table next to us was on round two AFTER we were seated. Asked what the hold up was? I dunno - busy? says server. Spends more time at computer - never received drinks. We left. Thanks for the 100 points open table! Technology is a good thing?
- EXCELLENT ... as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014I come for the sushi, it's PHENOMENAL! The atmosphere is great! and the staff is very friendly. Definitely recommend this restaurant not just for the sushi all of the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are looseJohnse54Dined on 11/15/2014We arrived right on time and had to wait 30 mins for a table, with a reservation. My husband's and my sushi was delivered to someone else at our table and wasn't realized till they had eaten some of it. I ordered a vodka tonic and was brought a vodka soda and was questioned by the server when I told her it was the wrong drink. Overall the food was very good, especially the kogi beef tacos. But I expect better service from a nice place like Crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not relaxing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Decor and food great, noise level high - hard to visit. Tables very close together and there was high traffic squeezing by ours all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baked Mac and cheeseDatenightDined on 11/15/2014I am so disappointed you changed your Baked macaroni and cheese. I would specifically come to order that dish. It was so simple, however I craved it! I tried the new recipe and it was dry and bland. I had my dinner party try the new one and they agreed the old one was better. Everyone else enjoyed their meal. (Burger, lobster linguini and Asian salad).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Mtg/HHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Met here for a quick business meeting at happy hour. It was a great atmosphere, we could all hear each other, and the bartenders & waitstaff did not bug us, but were very good at keeping us refreshed with beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bargain at happy hour!rocksolidDined on 11/10/2014Stopped in for a cocktail and snack, we were very surprised by the great value for happy hour specials. Ordered Crispy Chicken Sliders spicy mayo, house made pickles and a Mini Chicken Apple Sausage Flatbread caramelized onion, manchego, roasted red pepper, balsamic glaze. Both were excellent and went down with a Dark & Stormy specialty cocktail: Gosling’s Black Seal Rum, fresh lime, Gosling’s Ginger beer. The service was only average at best but to be honest how attentive do you need to be at happy hour?? I did touch base with the management and they did let me know that the staff was young and that they were working diligently to up their game. Did I mention that the food was really good and a really good value!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulCocoaBlancoDined on 11/9/2014I will never eat at an Crave again. Over-priced, average food, with poor service.
- WallyDined on 11/9/2014I was attracted by BOGO offer as I have a Crave Card. We had a very poor service person, would take orders and forget, we need to always remind her and then waited. I had a seafood omelet, which needed something like a good cheese sauce. My wife had a short rib item which was very good but also very rich. This was a poor experience for us, note we have eaten there and normally find Crave above average.Special Features:
- ok but not outstandinglovetodineDined on 11/8/2014We ordered quick menu items The steak slider and macaroni and cheese. The steak was tough and the macaroni needed more cheese. We were happy with the service and left ln time to make our show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPJP9244Dined on 11/8/2014We had a very nice dinner at Crave. Our server was superb, very knowledgeable on the menu and very quickly offered a gluten free menu when he found out that I was gluten intolerant. Our dinner was delicious and we will be returning.Special Features:
- YumPostpowerhouseDined on 11/7/2014I'm never disappointed with the food when I go there. I'm hungry right now thinking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great girls night restaurantemshebDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter offered suggestions, was responsive, the food was incredible (we all ordered sushi).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place but hit or miss with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Lots of people on a Friday night. We've eaten there before and some of the food is good (burgers, pasta & apps) but the higher priced entrees like steaks and fish are usually only so-so.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great food and atmosphere. perfect place for a date night or a night out with your friends. Trendy, but not snooty. Staff is very friendly and helpful, always eager to make sure your experience is amazing. If you need a place to go for great food that won't disappoint, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular and busy placeDedeDined on 11/6/2014We have eaten at Crave in the past. The food is fine. The scene is younger people and noisy. The service was fine. We got our food right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting placeKSSChoiceDined on 11/3/2014Great for dates or friendly, fun gatherings. Food is delicious and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEasyDined on 11/2/2014I seek outstanding service. The service was not especially good. The restaurant was not overly busy. I like to be greeted like I am someone special and will be treated with an eagerness to bring me a drink, a menu, suggestions for what to order, conversation about what type of service I expect for example, am I waiting for others to join. When would I like to order Appetizer, that should be brought out first. Someone should check back to see if everything is ok and take more orders for drinks - i.e. another glass of wine or a cup of coffee? We ordered a Sushi Roll for an appetizer. The Sushi Bar was backed up for some reason and the roll came after the entrees. We did not complain, but it was an annoyance.Special Features:
- A miss this time around...freshlocalVIPDined on 11/1/2014Have been to Crave many times before and had great service and good food. This time was a complete miss. Service was terribly slow, we had to stop the server to order apps and the meal itself...it was almost as she forgot about us. Food was mediocre, I have had much better in times past.Special Features:
- NothingNonamwVIPDined on 10/31/2014Nothing to say except the following question that appears as a private note belowSpecial Features:
- Great for business lunchesRunner1948VIPDined on 10/29/2014Crave is one of my go-to places for business lunches - good food, lots of choices, easy parking, noise level allows conversations. I find reservations makes life easier, given Crave's popularity.Special Features:
- Sunday afternoonRoundAndAboutDined on 10/26/2014Sushi and Mac n Cheese. Delectable brunch not traditional but hey think outside the familiar zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pancakesDuke45Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent atmosphere with great food. Claudia was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014The server was wonderful, food was delicious and there was a enough space for our group of 6 to sit comfortably. The only con was that the food took so long to get. The sushi roll we ordered was up in minutes, but we waited 20-30 min for our omelets and eggs benedict. I understand this was not the servers fault at all. Thank goodness the food was yummy! They even gave me a free birthday dessert to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MplsFoodieDined on 10/26/2014Delicious Sunday brunch entrees. Staff was extremely courteous and customer service-oriented. Great Bloody Mary! Don't forget to join the Rewards Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJoebearDined on 10/24/2014Very good restaurant for classic American food with unique twists. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Menu - great FoodKinniburghDined on 10/24/2014The Westend location is great spot for after movie dining. The menu offers a variety of tasty dishes that appeal to everyone. Service (especially Katya) is wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- consistently goodcfreshDined on 10/24/2014I love Crave. Their food and service is consistently delicious. I visit the west end location almost every time I hit a movie at showplace icon next door. My only complaint is that all table settings are not equal. Some table locations are nicer/better than others. Crave should reward return customers booking on OpenTable with great seating options :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Marcelo was the most darling and thorough waiter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, service lackingsquiggieDined on 10/23/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. The two of us shared the Bamboo Bit roll which was delicious. We noticed the size of the entrées and decided the portions would have been way too large, so we ordered two starters instead. The calamari was fantastic and the steak sliders were mouth watering. Unfortunately, the service did not compliment the food. It seems that the servers do not take the time to add any type of personable touch. The impression received not only by our server, but by looking around at the larger picture is get them their food and get them out to seat the table again as quick as possible. I would recommend for the food, but can not in good faith recommend this restaurant for any type of special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingTableDined on 10/18/2014Even though there was only 2 of us the original table was too small if you are planning to eat. Drinks only it would have been fine. They did move us to a larger table which made the dinning experience wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Crave is funJNCDDined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy Crave that night my friend and I felt like having sushi and wings. It was good! The hit was the lamb meatballs.Special Features:
- FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The tenderloin tip sliders were so tough I could barely eat them. The manager was very responsive and took the price off of the bill. I requested a quiet table. We were seated next to a table of 10. What is the logic of that? There were other tables available that were quiet so we requested to move and was accomadated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsuriVIPDined on 10/16/2014I made a reservation at the Crave in Westend, but knew I wanted to sit outside because the weather was so beautiful! When I arrived I was told there was NO Outdoor seating as the were closing up outside seating. Very Disappointed!! As we were leaving, we saw several tables that were being served outside. The manager, Gina said they changed their minds and did not say anything to us!! Poor Customer Service!!!Special Features:
- Ladies who Lunch like Crave!FashionistaMomDined on 10/15/2014Nice wine list! Updated menu has some new appetizers that are great to share while not too heavy. I like that sushi is an option but there's so many other options! Kids menu has quite a few choices as well including kids fruit sushi, fun! We always have a good experience at Crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coatVIPDined on 10/13/2014our server jesse was excellent. the food was very good and a nice environment to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.