2900 Travis Street Suite F
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wecravesushi.com/
- Phone: 7135278744x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 – 11:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 – 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Luis V.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Crave Sushi
Small family-operated sushi restaurant in Midtown-Houston established in 2009. Serving classic sushi rolls and playful selections including our most popular, Cheetah Roll, made with Flamin' Hot Cheetos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crave Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Modern SushiMarkWDined on 10/10/2014Excellent food and very good service. An excellent secret as neither time I've been has been very crowded.Special Features:
- SicEmVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were great, but the atmosphere was kind of dull for a Saturday night.
- First time, won't be the lastDL27VIPDined on 7/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Crave. We would have lingered longer, but be aware, they close at 9pm on weeknights. I found that really odd for midtown. The food was tasty and our server was very prompt.
- Unique Rolls & Cool DecorDinerHLMVIPDined on 7/17/2014I live near this restaurant, and it never seems busy. But, I decided to try it for lunch. The spicy garlic edamame was excellent! The yellowtail poke was great. The 3 rolls we shared were the: Atomic Rainbow, Cheetah Roll, and Pick N Roll. The atomic rainbow was just a typical rainbow roll. However, the raw salmon on the top was very fishy smelling and tasting (not fresh). There was also a white fish on top that still had a very broad grey blood line in it. That should always be removed. The Cheetah roll was an interesting concept with interetsing flavors and textures, but the wasabi cream on the top was a little overkill (better if a drizzle). The Pick & Roll was excellent...flavor combos, fresh fish, spice!Special Features:
- Way too expensive.UnsatisfiedDined on 7/1/2014Let me first start off with saying that the environment is great and the restaurant looks wonderful. The service was pretty decent too. Now the cons, the food was incredibly expensive for the amount that you actually get. The tiger eye roll was like 10$ and we got 4 tiny pieces. Size is one thing that I could've forgiven if it tasted good but the taste was at best mediocre... Not to mention that inside our slap yo mama noodle we found a hair.... Overall I would not recommended this place.
- excellent food and serviceSLdinersVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great sushi BT California standards. Good wine list. Nice appetizers.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!!LauraDined on 6/25/2014Innovative menu with original fish and vegetable combinations. Moderate prices, good location close to the Museums area. Will return next time I am in HoustonSpecial Features:
- The following 143 reviews are from the Crave Sushi reviews archive.
- ALWAYS AMAZINGFoodGroupieDined on 6/19/2014We haven't found anything we don't like about this place! Which is why we keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goodDukie2013VIPDined on 6/17/2014The sushi was unbelievable! It was kind of empty but probably because it was a Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special.CaliCarboholicDined on 6/7/2014Went to this place for dinner on a Saturday night. It was pretty dead, there were only two other tables during prime time. The garlic spicy edamame and cheeto roll were delicious but everything else was just okay. Our server was really nice and attentive (Then again there were only two other tables to wait on). My main gripe with this place is it's not cheap and the food isn't worth the price. For 4 drinks and three rolls it came out to $100. Half of the bill was the drinks. For $100 I'd rather go to blue fish or aka sushi. Everything I've ordered at those two restaurants has been amazing, unlike crave sushi which had a few standout dishes but too many mediocre ones.Special Features:
- Roach in drinkFaraVIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a party of 4, and we just ordered our appetizers and drinks. The waiter came over from the bag with our drinks that seemed to look yummy. To my boyfriends surprise, and ours, there was a HUGE dead roach in his rick ross drink! ( I am not exaggerating!) The manager said he would comp our drinks for the night, but after seeing that we decided to leave. It sucks bc we didn't even get to taste the appetizers or drinks. That HUGE roach ruined it for us. We left and went to a different sushi restaurant that night, which turned out to be great. Sorry CRAVE, but will never go here again! If there are roaches in the drinks, then they're roaches in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysHouRBMDined on 6/3/2014Crave always has amazing food. Sushi or hot food, I have never had anything here that was anything but top notch. It is my only choice for sushi in Houston and the long Happy Hour makes it an awesome deal too. House drinks are NOT to be missed. Be sure to ask for Cassie as your server, she was freakin amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time.....PenguinGrl1028Dined on 5/24/2014I went there for the first time Saturday night. Loved it! Great food and service.Special Features:
- Good SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Sushi was great Volcano and Fighting Irish were the best. Had the espresso dessert it was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craving crave sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/19/2014Crave sushi is fabulous. Since we discovered it from open table about a month Ago we've gone at leAst once a week. Cassie is our favorite waitress .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CravesGoodDined on 5/9/2014It's an awesome place, the food is great! We enjoyed the crowd, the location, and the service. This is a great place... And the owner is a cool guy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh and tasty!PamelaVIPDined on 5/5/2014Doesn't everyone go to a Japanese restaurant on Cinco De Mayo!! Well we did, and it worked out great. We had a variety of selections from baked mussels to stuffed mushrooms, two soups, sashimi, and two sushi rolls. All was great! I would recommend. Also, they give 1000 Open Table points for many times.Special Features:
- A fabulous find:OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2014Thank you open table for introducing us to crave sushi. We loved the food and the service was amazing. Cassie was our waitress and it was only her 3rd day. However, she was the best waitress I've had in the last 8 months I've lived in Houston. Kudos to her. Her personality and her mannerism were above par . We will ask for her every time we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressivejokahDined on 4/2/2014Fried calamari and miso sea bass were fine, but the sashimi and rolls were bland and extremely disappointing.
- Wasn't overly impressed. TheCatfishDined on 3/22/2014Wasn't overly impressed. The nigiri was too large and wasn't as fresh as I would have liked. The wait staff wasn't great and the service suffered. The food came out quickly, which was the only thing that salvaged the evening.
- Great place overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The place is perfect for a romantic dinner or a girls nite out.the food was absolutely delicious.this is a new fav for me.cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Posh Sushi BarbzmannerDined on 3/8/2014It was decent. Stick with the happy hour, it is more an appetizer and bar than a full meal place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!hilldoDined on 3/6/2014Great sushi & sashimi... attentive bar staff...good quiet evening feed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, shotty servicePoozDined on 2/22/2014The sushi was good, but our service left something to be desired. Of course, Houston isn't known for their table service, but this was on the low side. Waiting and waiting to order. Once we ordered, more waiting for food. Appetizer came out after the rolls we ordered (because it was sitting in the kitchen the whole time where our server never looked). Even more waiting to get our tab and have it taken away to be processed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No goBrianRooneyDined on 2/20/2014We arrived 15 minutes early. They never opened. Went elsewhere.
- Not so specialSushiRollDined on 2/15/2014Ok, the food itself wasn't bad. I liked my roll, but my friend got the same thing and didn't like it. We were planning a girls night out and I was hoping for a trendier atmosphere. This place is just fine for a casual weeknight dinner or if you just need to satisfy that sushi craving. It was priced fairly, and the quality of the food was very good. The atmosphere just did not match. It was much smaller than I expected on the inside. I would not suggest it for special occasion dining or groups of people, but I would probably go again for a casual dinner with my husband.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DissapointmentMeg86Dined on 2/14/2014The service was lacking. My husband and I wanted to try a new place on Valentine's Day, so I made a reservation for 5pm. We walked in, not a soul was in the place, and they didn't even ask for my name. (I guess they didn't need to). The server seemed rather annoyed that we were even there. I was looking at the wine menu, wanting to order some wine when a family walked in. She walked away from our table to serve them. (They didn't have a reservation). I never ordered my wine. We wanted to split desert, and on the menu it said to ask for the flavors of cheesecake they had. She seemed annoyed with this question and said "just regular or strawberry." As we left, nobody said "thank you" or "Happy Valentine's Day." We will not be back.
- So many better optionsSushiLoverVIPDined on 1/31/2014In a city with many wonderful sushi options to choose from, crave doesn't make the cut. The food was fine, but nothing to write home about, their drink list has a plethora of sweet fruity options, and the service was at best indifferent.
- No one was thereTexasAggie98VIPDined on 1/26/2014We went for lunch on Sunday and were the only two people in there for a while. Another couple came in later. The hostess/waitress/bartender was very nice and took great care of us. The miso sea bass my fiance had was excellent. I had two similar sushi rolls, and they were OK. I should have tried something different. Our egg rolls were tasty too. We also enjoyed some great happy hour cocktails, since they have happy hour all day on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave Happy HourSegaDined on 1/16/2014Made a reservation for dinner but got there right before happy hour ends. Good variety of food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was slowVirginiaDined on 1/11/2014We liked Crave, the menu options are good and fun. I loved my Volcano Roll, but my husband wasn't too impressed with his combo. The prices are very good, though, especially for sushi. The service was pretty slow, and the wine I had wasn't very good (one glass of sauvingon blanc). Overall, it was a nice, but not outstanding, dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible waiter...foood ok.sushilover101Dined on 1/10/2014The restaurant has a small and intimate setting it would probably be okay for a date night or a lunch special. The sushi was not bad but it wasn't cold which kind of took away from the taste of it a little bit I'm used to it being more cold. It tasted like it wasn't too fresh. NEXT TIME I will stick to RA sushi.Special Features:
- sushi...ushiGeorgeDined on 1/10/2014Sushi should be fresh. Fishy tastes are unacceptable. While the rolls were very innovative, I can't rexommend the sushi. Service was also slow.Special Features:
- Great foodPickyeaterDined on 12/27/2013Our first time here and the food was great. Even without a reservation we would not have had to wait for a table on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was above average.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013The sushi was above average. The drink order was incorrect and arrived with the meal, as did some of the appetizers. The service was exceptionally slow given the restaurant was not busy at 530pm on a Sunday. The decor was bleak, worse than minimalist. There was nothing chic about either decor or ambiance. It was neither romantic nor warm or friendly. We shall not go there again nor do we recommend it at all.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013Had a good meal with very good service at a fair price. Can't ask for much more.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceZeezeeVIPDined on 11/9/2013I'm not sure why the place was practically empty, though, on a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageCarlosVIPDined on 11/3/2013Everything is average about this place except for the service which is poor. Not memorable and nor repeatable
- Great happy hour menuAmnisVIPDined on 11/2/2013I wish Crave Sushi could do something to improve the dining environment. The worn-out sofas and tables need major upgrade. If you don't care much about non-food aspects and just want great food at reasonable price (like I do), I would highly recommend this place. Their happy hour menu has some very interesting selections such as the rock stone beef (preheated flat stone as 'mini grill plate') , pork ribs and shrimp stuffed tempura mushrooms (yum yum). Rolls are fresh too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Happy Hour pricesslinerVIPDined on 10/20/2013A great place even for non-happy hour. I'm still trying a lot of different menu items - have loved everything so far.Special Features: