CRAVE - Omaha
200 South 31st Ave #4103
Omaha, NE 68131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 4023459999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am- 8pm
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 10pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 3pm- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE provides full service offsite catering at any venue of choice. From family celebrations, graduation parties, corporate meetings, to any specialized event, CRAVE will customize and deliver a memorable experience. The CRAVE Event team will help you plan and can take care of every aspect of your event to create an unparalleled experience.
- Entertainment: Live music on select nights. Please see Facebook page for upcoming events (CRAVE Restaurant Nebraska).
A word from CRAVE - Omaha
CRAVE offers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, yet casual atmosphere. The diverse and extensive menu at CRAVE features a variety of items that range from a full sushi bar to Certified Angus Beef steaks. It also includes fresh seafood, roasted meats, pastas and salads that are continuously re-mastered utilizing the freshest seasonal ingredients.Continued
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
CRAVE - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
CRAVE - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (58)special occasion (56)romantic (45)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (43)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (26)scenic view (25)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014On a Sunday evening the restaurant was mostly empty so we got attentive, quick service. The sea bass was really good and the mac and cheese with chicken was also excellent (my wife could only eat half of it).Special Features:
- SupersportOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I love Crave! Every chance I have to bring someone who has never been to Crave, I do it. They always love it. We went for brunch this last Sunday. My friend said it was the best omelet she had ever had in her life. I am always so happy to see Steven. He always has a big smile, and wants to do everything to make your dining experience perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Of the 4 of us for brunch, 2 Eggs Benedict orders were just fine, Omelet Special was not what was expected (had a beef flavor?) and the All American eggs were ordered sunny-side up, but the results were a little under cooked and runny and the bacon was under cooked as well. Other than that, an especially beautiful layout and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great for lunch, not for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to Crave many times for lunch and just love it. However, brunch has not been a good experience the times I have gone. Service has been inattentive and apathetic. Took my mom for her birthday on the most recent visit. Server rarely visited the table and did not refill our coffee. (Although the coffee was very hot and fresh.) We both ordered crisp bacon, but it was far from it. I asked for sausage instead, and it wasn't hot, but was brought out quickly and was pretty good. I had toast with my meal, but butter was not brought. When I asked for it, the server forgot, but I did get it later. Food overall was lukewarm, but did taste okay. I'll definitely still go to Crave for lunch and dinner, but I wish brunch was a great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large areaRaydellDined on 10/11/2014my wife and I was crammed in one area when they had plenty of tables available, top it off had a nice view of the city until a party of 25 showed up so they closed the red curtains and ruined a great view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We have come to Crave for the past 3 years on our anniversary and we love everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingluv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Our waitress was working so hard and getting us anything that we needed at a timely matter. The food was amazing. We had a hard time picking from the menu but my Husband and I would recommend anything on the Traditional Cuisine side. We did not try the sushi.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDiningirlDined on 10/10/2014Was from out of town and heard great things about the food! We had a salad and sushi! The drinks were great and the service BLEW me away!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicefoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014We've had the same server for the past two visits and she is amazing. It makes the entire experience a positive one.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.Luv2dineoutDined on 10/6/2014Very nice restaurant with excellent food, pleasant atmosphere where you can easily carry on a conversation. Wait staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food items servedBrunchersDined on 10/5/20141) One in our party ordered eggs, sausage & toast. Good except Toast was dry. had to ask for butter.2) Grilled chicken salad. Good 3)Huevo Ranchero were good. Like the new menu change from brunch buffetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justeatinoutjusteatinoutDined on 10/5/2014Went for the new Sunday brunch but found the choices limited and quality and quantity of food not worth the menu price. The old Sunday brunch buffet was so much better and worth every penney.
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food was not that great. Prices were very expensive for what you received. Will probably not be returning.Special Features:
- DeliciousKeithkozakDined on 10/3/2014Prices are high, but the food was worth it. Savory and delicious items. Unique flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely DifferentBillymudDined on 10/3/2014For the most part dinner was good. My wife had lamb meatballs over pasta, I had a steak with caramelized brussel sprouts. You never see brussel sprouts as a side dish but they were good. My wife's lamb meatballs were spicy, but the menu never mentioned that. We noticed a lot of selections you don't see at other places.Special Features:
- Crave - Midtown CrossingWestOmahaDaveDined on 9/30/2014Located in a vibrant area. Professional service, nice presentation, great food. I'd highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedRthorsnDined on 9/26/2014Getting a reservation was simple and easy. The servicer was very knowledgeable and nice but was very slow with getting drinks and refills. The food was tolerable to be kind. The restaurant wasn't busy but the wait time was far too long. Also my pizza was cold to the touch when the food finally came out. Overall I wouldn't recommend Crave for anything more than drinks on the patio.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!Love2eatoutDined on 9/21/2014High standard food and wonderful service! Beside our server, another lady from kitchen brought a fruit cup and extra french fry for our children until his pasta was ready. So he was not being left out during others were already eating. Thank you so much for thoughtful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBetterDined on 9/20/2014Crave is a great place for most occasions. They are our favorite Mid Town restaurant.Special Features:
- Fourth times a charm?Foodies541102047VIPDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely not. Had a coupon and thought, what the heck lets give it another try. It just goes to show you that after three mediocre tries one should stay away. Service was sub-par and the kitchen timing and offering were terrible. Several items listed on menu were not available or didn't actually exist after being told they just rolled out a new menu. Will not be going back for a fifth try.
- Crave - FairJimmyVDined on 9/19/2014Crave is nice, good environment, but we were not especially impressed with the food or the service. We took advantage of the Omaha Restaurant Week special to try Crave for the first time. The food was fair, but at full price, would be a tough sell for us.Special Features:
- Restaurant ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We've been to Crave for a team happy hour a few times. We had a somewhat poor experience this round. Our server/ overworked bartender was not attentive to our table. The management staff should probably look at staffing the happy hour area with more servers and not rely on the bartender as much. We had to wait for drink refils several times. Also, two of our happy hour items got forgotten about. When we followed up on this, we were told by our server that it was accidentally delivered to another customer. They then waited to bring out the tempura entree until the chicken wings were ready. This of course lead to cold tempura delivered. It was overall not a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homerunfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Past visits haven't lived up to CRAVE's reputation but our faith has been restored! Advice to corporate: quit changing the menu.Special Features:
- Positive First ImpressionkbhxoDined on 9/14/2014Although the anticipated brunch buffet was not available, we made a great tapas meal out of appetizers. We'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchdudreviewDined on 9/14/2014We had Eggs Benedict for brunch. We were disappointed in the Canadian bacon. Actually, it appeared to be thinly sliced ham and was a very small portion. I suggest that the Crave chefs dine at Le Peep. It has marvelous Eggs Benedict with thick real Canadian Bacon. It is also cheaper that the Crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No CommunicationYayFoodDined on 9/14/2014I invited friends and coworkers to Sunday brunch for my birthday. We collectively chose Crave because they advertised a breakfast buffet - this way all of the people with dietary restrictions could have options and we could leisurely enjoy food and celebrate. What they didn't tell us is that they had gotten rid of the buffet two weeks ago, and the brunch menu only had 5 items total! I'm looking on their website now (2 days after our experience), and the buffet is still advertised. My coworker asked for a platter of bacon as an appetizer for the table. What the waitress didn't tell her was that they were going to charge for several sides of bacon, making the platter $63! Last I checked, the bacon was not gold-plated. We won't be returning.
- Did I CRAVE it?FoodGloriousFoodDined on 9/12/2014Crave is a fun place to go, lots of energy, a variety of foods and typically good quality food. We have eaten about six times in the last couple years at this restaurant. The food is always enjoyable, quantities are not huge but certainly filling. We have yet to try some of the sushi, but this is on my list of must-dos here as this restaurant seems to highlight that as one of their go-to choices. We have only eaten here using a variety of Groupon or LivingSocial coupons, so that keeps the prices reasonable. It can get a bit pricey quickly with a couple of drinks, an appetizer or two, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an evening outTheolebaldguyDined on 9/11/2014Took a visiting sister-in-law to dinner. Two meals ( a schallop special and chicken stir-fry were excellent), My mahi-mahi was over-cooked without much flavor. The service was superb. Altough not Crave's problem, having the couple with three pre-schoolers next to us was not pleasant with loud yells and walking around from the kids. If you want to relive your newly married, pre-children days, there is a reason God made teen-age girls --- baby sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delays/mishapsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014I've been to Craves multiple times, but this was the first time I was seated at a dirty table. Per the wait staff, it was soy sauce from the previous night. We waited a while before the waitress came back with a towel to clean the table. We noticed also; that people who were seated after us, had their drinks and had placed their order. I ordered scrambled eggs, and received sunny side up eggs. Yuk. The waitress confirmed; that I indeed ordered scrambled eggs. These mishaps occurred during a slow period on Sunday. Imagine, if the restaurant had been busier. Good news, the waitress was kind enough to apologize for all the blunders. This does not keep me from patronizing Craves.Special Features:
- Frequent GoerLove2EatDined on 9/7/2014Unfortunately, the Steak and Eggs meals took forever and when delivered was cold and not very good. We became ill afterwards.Special Features:
- The Good & the BadMorMorDined on 9/7/2014Went on a Sunday to try the new brunch menu. Waitress finally arrived & immediately took our order--coffees & the Classic Breakfasts. After sitting at least 10 minutes at a bare table--no water, no silverware, nada, I went into the bar & asked for coffee. The bartender turns to look at another employee who turns to look at another. They all look terrified. Not one could think of anything to say. Finally, one said she'd bring it. When she did, one cup was so full it splashed on the table. And--the cup was dirty. My husband got up several minutes later to get us refills. About 30-35 minutes later our food arrived. It looked delicious. And it would have been, if warm and if we had silverware. Bacon was thick & delicious. Beautiful outdoor locSpecial Features:
- The worse Sunday Brunch everjokeforsundaybrunchDined on 9/7/2014I have never been so disappointed in a Sunday Brunch in my life of 64 years. I took my Son-In-Law with me for his birthday. A special occasion and what we got was a menu with a title of "Sunday Brunch". I could have went to IHOP and got a menu. O have been to CRAVE many times for lunch and dinner with happy hour and service is always great. Before we left they would say come to our Sunday Brunch and see our spread. I know it took me a few months before we went but I thought for this special occasion I would go and impressed my Son-In-Law,,,not so. I would have just walked out if it was myself or myself with my wife but I did not want to put my Son-In-Law in that position. I said I was sorry over and over, very let down.Special Features:
- Bad Service and Food Continue...Lmcms19VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is my 3rd and last visit. Arrived at 10am on Sunday for brunch; restaurant was almost empty. Server took our order and brought back coffee 10 min later. No spoons on the table; I could not find my server .... when I finally did find her and ask for one, and asked for a spoon she looked at me puzzled and brought back one soup spoon! FIFTY MINUTES LATER we still had not gotten our eggs. I asked to see the manager, who admitted that they were unprepared (even tho they had sent an email promo about 'get one entree free with purchase". How difficult and long does it take to make 2 orders of eggs over easy? Eggs finally arrived and they were cold; unedible. Crave still can't get it right....Horrible experience; don't bother to go.
- AWFUL SERVICELawSchoolRomanceDined on 9/5/2014It took an hour to get a flat bread and we had to ask for silverware after the food was delivered to our table. We were so hungry we ate it in 6 minutes and had to wait another 24 minutes before we could pay our check. The service was so poor and the place was half empty. I can't imagine what the service would be like if it was full of people. The food is average at best and extremely overpriced. I would highly recommend driving the extra 5 minutes to go Downtown Omaha to a better place to eat.
- Great EveningBetterDined on 9/4/2014This was a great evening to dine and enjoy friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Their hours are until 8 pm. We arrived at 7 and we were told the sushi chef was running 30-45 minutes behind. The dining room didn't look that crowded. We ordered drinks and appetizers, about 10 minutes later ordered our entrees. The drinks arrived. About 45 minutes later so did our entrees. The appetizers did not. I told our server and was told, one was to be done by the sushi chef (we didn't order sushi) and would not come, the other finally came half way through our entrée. From 7:30 to 8, I watched the hostess turn away 5 groups of people who arrived, because "we have had last call for our kitchen". I've never seen a restaurant where the "closing time" is not the last seating. If they don't care about guests, why go back?
- Just Okay...RickSplendidDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Crave around a 1/2 dozen times and this by far was the least desirable experience. I would chaulk it up to being an isolated incident, but several things went wrong during the meal. The service took quite a while for everything (take order, waiting for dessert menus, etc) - even though it wasn't busy at all when we were there. They most annoying thing about our experience was that our food was taken to dirrferent tables TWICE! First, our appetizer was taken to the table to the south of us, then our sushi went to booth just to the east of us. There is something about that happening twice that annoyed me. I may go to Crave again, but it definitely have fallen down my list of restaurants.Special Features:
- First class EVERYTHING!CMBNE41Dined on 8/29/2014From the moment we arrived to the last bite my wife and I enjoyed every second we got to enjoy with our daughters - both picky eaters, both are everything with huge smiles - we were supremely pleased with ours apps, sushi, entres (steak, the night's special (fish), and more sushi) AND an AWESOME server (Nabil, ask for him - you'll be SO glad you did!!) - a wonderful night out - a rare treat.Special Features:
- Good Food Mediocre Servicerdsox4LDined on 8/26/2014The food was good and they had an extensive drink menu. The service was mediocre at best. There were maybe 5 tables on a Tuesday night and it seemed difficult just to get refills on our drinks and water. The wait for the food was in my opinion longer than it should have been for as not busy as the restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing againSeattleVisitorDined on 8/24/2014This is the 2nd time we've been here. Last time was a year ago and it was disappointing. We figured that we'd try it again. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't busy. We started with two appetizers and four beers. It took over 15 minutes for the beers to arrive from the bar. There is no reasonable explanation for that wait time given the size of the crowd that night. 10 minutes after the beers arrived the first appetizer arrived. About two minutes later our entrees arrived. At that point we canceled the second appetizer. Two of us ordered fish and it was good. One ordered Mac & Cheese and it was "OK". One of us ordered Stir Fry and it was terrible. We appreciate but declined the manager's kind offer to comp our entire meal. We won't be back.