CRAVE - Omaha
200 South 31st Ave #4103
Omaha, NE 68131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CRAVE - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.craveamerica.com/
- Phone: 4023459999x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am- 8pm
Monday 11am- 10pm
Tuesday 11am- 10pm
Thursday 11am- 10pm
Friday 11am- 12am
Saturday 3pm- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CRAVE provides full service offsite catering at any venue of choice. From family celebrations, graduation parties, corporate meetings, to any specialized event, CRAVE will customize and deliver a memorable experience. The CRAVE Event team will help you plan and can take care of every aspect of your event to create an unparalleled experience.
- Entertainment: Live music on select nights. Please see Facebook page for upcoming events (CRAVE Restaurant Nebraska).
A word from CRAVE - Omaha
CRAVE offers fresh and innovative cuisine along with an impeccable wine selection brought to life in a chic, yet casual atmosphere. The diverse and extensive menu at CRAVE features a variety of items that range from a full sushi bar to Certified Angus Beef steaks. It also includes fresh seafood, roasted meats, pastas and salads that are continuously re-mastered utilizing the freshest seasonal ingredients.Continued
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
CRAVE provides group sales offerings for private events, weddings, corporate gatherings and a variety of other special event needs.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
CRAVE - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
CRAVE - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)special occasion (66)good for groups (54)romantic (53)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (40)scenic view (36)hot spot (36)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (27)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (22)Show More
- homerunfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Past visits haven't lived up to CRAVE's reputation but our faith has been restored! Advice to corporate: quit changing the menu.Special Features:
- Positive First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Although the anticipated brunch buffet was not available, we made a great tapas meal out of appetizers. We'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchdudreviewDined on 9/14/2014We had Eggs Benedict for brunch. We were disappointed in the Canadian bacon. Actually, it appeared to be thinly sliced ham and was a very small portion. I suggest that the Crave chefs dine at Le Peep. It has marvelous Eggs Benedict with thick real Canadian Bacon. It is also cheaper that the Crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No CommunicationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I invited friends and coworkers to Sunday brunch for my birthday. We collectively chose Crave because they advertised a breakfast buffet - this way all of the people with dietary restrictions could have options and we could leisurely enjoy food and celebrate. What they didn't tell us is that they had gotten rid of the buffet two weeks ago, and the brunch menu only had 5 items total! I'm looking on their website now (2 days after our experience), and the buffet is still advertised. My coworker asked for a platter of bacon as an appetizer for the table. What the waitress didn't tell her was that they were going to charge for several sides of bacon, making the platter $63! Last I checked, the bacon was not gold-plated. We won't be returning.
- Did I CRAVE it?FoodGloriousFoodDined on 9/12/2014Crave is a fun place to go, lots of energy, a variety of foods and typically good quality food. We have eaten about six times in the last couple years at this restaurant. The food is always enjoyable, quantities are not huge but certainly filling. We have yet to try some of the sushi, but this is on my list of must-dos here as this restaurant seems to highlight that as one of their go-to choices. We have only eaten here using a variety of Groupon or LivingSocial coupons, so that keeps the prices reasonable. It can get a bit pricey quickly with a couple of drinks, an appetizer or two, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an evening outTheolebaldguyDined on 9/11/2014Took a visiting sister-in-law to dinner. Two meals ( a schallop special and chicken stir-fry were excellent), My mahi-mahi was over-cooked without much flavor. The service was superb. Altough not Crave's problem, having the couple with three pre-schoolers next to us was not pleasant with loud yells and walking around from the kids. If you want to relive your newly married, pre-children days, there is a reason God made teen-age girls --- baby sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delays/mishapsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014I've been to Craves multiple times, but this was the first time I was seated at a dirty table. Per the wait staff, it was soy sauce from the previous night. We waited a while before the waitress came back with a towel to clean the table. We noticed also; that people who were seated after us, had their drinks and had placed their order. I ordered scrambled eggs, and received sunny side up eggs. Yuk. The waitress confirmed; that I indeed ordered scrambled eggs. These mishaps occurred during a slow period on Sunday. Imagine, if the restaurant had been busier. Good news, the waitress was kind enough to apologize for all the blunders. This does not keep me from patronizing Craves.Special Features:
- Frequent GoerLove2EatDined on 9/7/2014Unfortunately, the Steak and Eggs meals took forever and when delivered was cold and not very good. We became ill afterwards.Special Features:
- The Good & the BadMorMorDined on 9/7/2014Went on a Sunday to try the new brunch menu. Waitress finally arrived & immediately took our order--coffees & the Classic Breakfasts. After sitting at least 10 minutes at a bare table--no water, no silverware, nada, I went into the bar & asked for coffee. The bartender turns to look at another employee who turns to look at another. They all look terrified. Not one could think of anything to say. Finally, one said she'd bring it. When she did, one cup was so full it splashed on the table. And--the cup was dirty. My husband got up several minutes later to get us refills. About 30-35 minutes later our food arrived. It looked delicious. And it would have been, if warm and if we had silverware. Bacon was thick & delicious. Beautiful outdoor locSpecial Features:
- The worse Sunday Brunch everjokeforsundaybrunchDined on 9/7/2014I have never been so disappointed in a Sunday Brunch in my life of 64 years. I took my Son-In-Law with me for his birthday. A special occasion and what we got was a menu with a title of "Sunday Brunch". I could have went to IHOP and got a menu. O have been to CRAVE many times for lunch and dinner with happy hour and service is always great. Before we left they would say come to our Sunday Brunch and see our spread. I know it took me a few months before we went but I thought for this special occasion I would go and impressed my Son-In-Law,,,not so. I would have just walked out if it was myself or myself with my wife but I did not want to put my Son-In-Law in that position. I said I was sorry over and over, very let down.Special Features:
- Bad Service and Food Continue...Lmcms19VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is my 3rd and last visit. Arrived at 10am on Sunday for brunch; restaurant was almost empty. Server took our order and brought back coffee 10 min later. No spoons on the table; I could not find my server .... when I finally did find her and ask for one, and asked for a spoon she looked at me puzzled and brought back one soup spoon! FIFTY MINUTES LATER we still had not gotten our eggs. I asked to see the manager, who admitted that they were unprepared (even tho they had sent an email promo about 'get one entree free with purchase". How difficult and long does it take to make 2 orders of eggs over easy? Eggs finally arrived and they were cold; unedible. Crave still can't get it right....Horrible experience; don't bother to go.
- AWFUL SERVICELawSchoolRomanceDined on 9/5/2014It took an hour to get a flat bread and we had to ask for silverware after the food was delivered to our table. We were so hungry we ate it in 6 minutes and had to wait another 24 minutes before we could pay our check. The service was so poor and the place was half empty. I can't imagine what the service would be like if it was full of people. The food is average at best and extremely overpriced. I would highly recommend driving the extra 5 minutes to go Downtown Omaha to a better place to eat.
- Great EveningBetterDined on 9/4/2014This was a great evening to dine and enjoy friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Their hours are until 8 pm. We arrived at 7 and we were told the sushi chef was running 30-45 minutes behind. The dining room didn't look that crowded. We ordered drinks and appetizers, about 10 minutes later ordered our entrees. The drinks arrived. About 45 minutes later so did our entrees. The appetizers did not. I told our server and was told, one was to be done by the sushi chef (we didn't order sushi) and would not come, the other finally came half way through our entrée. From 7:30 to 8, I watched the hostess turn away 5 groups of people who arrived, because "we have had last call for our kitchen". I've never seen a restaurant where the "closing time" is not the last seating. If they don't care about guests, why go back?
- Just Okay...RickSplendidDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Crave around a 1/2 dozen times and this by far was the least desirable experience. I would chaulk it up to being an isolated incident, but several things went wrong during the meal. The service took quite a while for everything (take order, waiting for dessert menus, etc) - even though it wasn't busy at all when we were there. They most annoying thing about our experience was that our food was taken to dirrferent tables TWICE! First, our appetizer was taken to the table to the south of us, then our sushi went to booth just to the east of us. There is something about that happening twice that annoyed me. I may go to Crave again, but it definitely have fallen down my list of restaurants.Special Features:
- First class EVERYTHING!CMBNE41Dined on 8/29/2014From the moment we arrived to the last bite my wife and I enjoyed every second we got to enjoy with our daughters - both picky eaters, both are everything with huge smiles - we were supremely pleased with ours apps, sushi, entres (steak, the night's special (fish), and more sushi) AND an AWESOME server (Nabil, ask for him - you'll be SO glad you did!!) - a wonderful night out - a rare treat.Special Features:
- Good Food Mediocre Servicerdsox4LDined on 8/26/2014The food was good and they had an extensive drink menu. The service was mediocre at best. There were maybe 5 tables on a Tuesday night and it seemed difficult just to get refills on our drinks and water. The wait for the food was in my opinion longer than it should have been for as not busy as the restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing againSeattleVisitorDined on 8/24/2014This is the 2nd time we've been here. Last time was a year ago and it was disappointing. We figured that we'd try it again. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't busy. We started with two appetizers and four beers. It took over 15 minutes for the beers to arrive from the bar. There is no reasonable explanation for that wait time given the size of the crowd that night. 10 minutes after the beers arrived the first appetizer arrived. About two minutes later our entrees arrived. At that point we canceled the second appetizer. Two of us ordered fish and it was good. One ordered Mac & Cheese and it was "OK". One of us ordered Stir Fry and it was terrible. We appreciate but declined the manager's kind offer to comp our entire meal. We won't be back.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014They just changed their brunch menu that morning. Very slow (obviously still figuring out their new process). Worst part was the value.
- Great Restaurant!KNovaDined on 8/16/2014We went as a date night for my birthday and it was perfect. Everything was great, the food was amazing, our waiter was awesome, the manager came over and made sure everything was sufficient, it was overall a perfect meal.Special Features:
- great serviceMichelleOgDined on 8/16/2014The good is always wonderful but what stands out to me is the fantastic service by all who work there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crave goodSoutherntouristVIPDined on 8/9/2014Liked it, didn't love it. A simple grilled fish over very nice couscous but no sauce. Sushi was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KamilyDined on 8/9/2014We booked a reservation for 8 people and the table we were given was perfect for a group. It was somewhat secluded so it felt more intimiate than I would expect with such a large restaurant. The food reviews were mixed. I really enjoyed the Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine, but another guest had the Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine and wasn't satisfied at all. However other people at the table had the same dish and were pleased so it may have just been that particular dish. Overall, good food and good atmosphere. I would recommend this to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deck nightfullhouseDined on 8/2/2014Great weather night for dinner on the patio. Staff let us wait until a table opened up so we could enjoy dining outdoors. Service was quick and efficient, dinner was great!Special Features:
- Great EveninggreatpatioDined on 8/2/2014We visited crave on a Saturday evening. Everything was excellent - great food and service. We ate on their patio which is awesome - great view of Midtown CrossingSpecial Features:
- PassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Went with a group of friends and we all felt it was terrible. It seemed very unorganized for the food being delivered to our table. Two friends had almost ate all of there meal before the rest of us. My food was great, however everyone else was very disappointed. I will not be back, it was very expensive and not worth it.
- Nothing special- go somewhere elseKateateDined on 7/26/2014I had reservations-many tables were open and we were told on a Saturday night that our food would take over 30 minutes to prepare. An offer of bread or a free drink while we waited would have been nice. The wine was a little pricey and not all that good. We ate ok sushi, a "scallop" appetizer that had scraps of scallops on a hunk of rice and some blah mac and cheese. We asked for a dessert menu, but never got one so we finally just got the check. Our water glasses sat empty through dinner until we received the check. With so many Omaha choices, we wont go back here.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Our server apologized over five times while we dined, and we heard every server around us apologizing for one thing or another to other diners. Drinks and food did not take overly long to get to us,however, once dessert was served our waiter went MIA. After 20 minutes we finally flagged down a manger to give us our bill. We probably could have walked out without paying and they would have never known. Seemed like every server and cook was new the way it was so chaotic around us.Special Features:
- Great place!ash6986Dined on 7/25/2014We love Crave great food, great service, and did I say great food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SunnyDayDined on 7/23/2014I have actually dined twice at Crave since July 18th, 2014. Once with my sister and my 9 yr old niece at lunch, and then for dinner with a group of folks from out of town. Everything was great, the food and the service were wonderful. I would not have thought of them for kids really, more trendy, sexy place - however, they were great with kids menu and all kids that dine get a really pretty bowl of fresh fruit for them as soon as they sit down - awesome! The restaurant is really pretty, and the food selection and wine selection were outstanding. Love this place!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I think Crave is overrated. The food was low quality and nothing amazing by any means.
- Great service! So-so food.mom4twoblueDined on 7/19/2014The wait staff was friendly, but a bit hard to understand. They were out of an ingredient for one menu item we wished to order. I ordered two different sushi rolls. One was great, one was not so great. My husband ordered the rib-eye steak which was unfortunately so full of fat and grissle we had to tell tell the waiter about it. The manager did come talk to us. He was very friendly and admitted this wasn't the first complaint about the rib-eye. We didn't get the steak free, but it was discounted $5.00 and we were compted dessert and our drinks. Don't think we will be visiting Crave again. Bummer!Special Features:
- I'm glad I went againRjreyes34VIPDined on 7/16/2014After a disastrous first visit during a Valentine's day dinner two years ago (where they ran out of food, and had lousy service), we decided to give Crave another chance. This time, we had a great waitress (Joy), who knew the ins and outs of their menu, and great food. We even sat outside overlooking Turner Park. We were glad we returned, and this restaurant jumped way up our Omaha list. We don't like chains, but this one is done really well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed againfoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Our last two visits have not been good and the most recent made us consider whether or not we'd return. The service was absolutely terrible. We arrived just after 3:00 pm and were one of only three or so occupied tables. So why did it take 35 minutes to get our food? Our waitress was inattentive and failed to provide refills until we flagged her down. Then, once delivered, my food was so salty that it was inedible. The manager did have the dish remade and took it off the bill but the whole experience was just bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014My food was good but my husbands was bad. He got the baked Mac and cheese and it was dry. It tasted like noodles sprinkled with cheese. Will not be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great food/serviceAlmndjyDined on 7/11/2014This was my first time visiting and the hostess and server were great at telling me about the restaurant and making suggestions. Food and service were amazing and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 7/9/2014Thank you for the Birthday Cake! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJannyDined on 7/8/2014We had an outstanding experience with my teenage children, my 80 year old parents, and my husband and I. The service was excellent, the outdoor setting was comfortable and lovely, and we all thought our food was delicious. Would certainly return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The prices is a little steep, but for the amount of food on the buffet it is worth it.Special Features:
- Stuck with a bad serverMrsSLPDined on 6/28/2014The guy couldn't have been a worse server. We couldn't understand anything he was saying. His clothes looked like they were balled up in his car. He had horrible unkempt looking facial hair. We actually finished our appetizers and drinks before he ever took our order. Luckily another server brought us our food or we would have never made our event. I love crave from the few times I've been there, but this server needs to be on his way out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.